Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-07-2014, 10:53 AM   #1  
I've got guts

S/C/G: 285/265/200

Height: 5'11"

Default Would it be inappropriate for a guy to be here

So I am a guy, but I really want to lose weight I used to look amazing and I have basically given up on myself after meeting my wonderful wife. Women provide amazing support, so I hope that it's alright if I stick around. (My wife wants to lose weight too, so maybe I can find some helpful suggestions or a buddy for her to join her in a quest to lose weight)

Anyhow, im Fat Johnson nice to meet you all.

I guess it might help to give some background, I grew up on a farm could not budge above 175, moved to the city to do IT work after years of drinking and eating both irresponsibly, I now work from home and sit in a chair day in and day out. Which put me from being overweight to obese, time for a change I want to see my son grow up so I need to get healthy.

Last edited by Fat Johnson; 07-07-2014 at 11:07 AM.
Fat Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:06 PM   #2  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

Men are all over these forums, perfectly fine! There just is more girls, but we all love to share advice and learn from each other. /Welcome
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:35 PM   #3  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Yep, we guys are appropriate members here. and

Feel free to look around to find a forum where you're comfortable and can post your status as you work your eating plan and exercise plan.

Have you chosen an eating plan and exercise plan yet?
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 04:54 PM   #4  
Eater of All Cakes

S/C/G: 214/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi and welcome! I, too, work from home and hit at a breaking point several weeks ago. It's hard to work from home and sit a computer (I'm in graphic designing) snacking all day. You have come to a great place for support - we are all fighting the same battler here.

Good luck and find threads that can motivate you on your journey. You can do this!
SophiasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 05:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 212/156/145

Height: 5' 4"

Of course. There are other men here. One is one my of very favorite posters because the things he often writes about sounds like it could have come out of my mouth. So you're not a fat "chick", but, hey, neither am I anymore!! Your avatar is cute but you'll have to change your name to Skinny! Male or female, we all need people who can give us advice or just be around people who can relate. IRL, not everybody wants to focus on their WOE (tho, clearly, I should have before now and others should, too... when they're ready). So even if you worked in an office and not at home, you'd likely not find a lot of sources of support.

Anyway, welcome!!
Mad Donnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:10 PM   #6  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I think there's a subforum here specifically for men, but you can definitely post anywhere you'd like. Anyone who wants to give/get support with weight loss is welcome!

I look forward to your posts!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:58 PM   #7  

Hi there!!!

There are lots of guys here too! It's great you came here for support. You should tell your wife to join too!

Best of wishes on your weight loss journey!
Blueeyedhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 199/189/155

Height: 5'7"

Hello and welcome! Men are certainly welcome!
hannahbeanies is offline   Reply With Quote