Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-02-2012, 09:10 PM   #1  

Default Really Excited

Hello everyone! I'm Lauren. I'm 29, a New Yorker, an avid reader, and a culinary student.

I have always struggled with my weight. During high school I dropped a lot of weight on the cabbage soup diet, but I became sick and obviously gained the weight back. I stayed heavy through my 20s, but I was (usually) quite happy with myself and my life.

I think it is only because I am so happy and confident that I can finally drop the pounds for good. I joined weight watchers last Tuesday and at my weigh in I was 306. I have never been so heavy.

Today I joined Lucille Roberts and took an interval training class. I also starting taking horseback riding lessons again, which is a fantastic work out, and great for my emotional health.

I'm really excited that I have finally decided to become healthier and lose this weight. It seems like the right time in my life and I am ready to face the challenge head on. I'm happy to have found this forum to share, get ideas, and receive support.
TheLauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:28 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Lauren. Welcome! Good for you for deciding to do something about your weight. You've come to the right place.

You are at the exact same weight I was at my heaviest. I'm down 49 pounds and it is so worth all the work; it won't be long until you are heading down the path too! You can do this!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:37 AM   #3  

Thanks Misti. So far I am loving the forum. I'm quite glad I found it.
TheLauren is offline   Reply With Quote