Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-01-2012, 10:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/214/130

Height: 5'6"

Default New to dieting

Hi, I'm 23 and about 215-225 lbs (I don't own a scale, yet, too horrified to see the numbers) and need to lose some weight and become more fit and healthy. I've never dieted before, I'm 2 days in with calorie counting and HUNGRY. I'm determined to do this though so I'll have to browse around and see what kind of low fat/healthy snacks and meals I can make to keep me full and lose weight! Any support would be appreciated, I really need to do this!
Kayann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 305/265/175

Height: 5'6''

I'm new to the dieting thing too really but I've found that the whole "whole grain fills you more and longer" thing is very true. For example, I eat frosted mini wheats for breakfast and I'm usually not even hungry before lunch. Also, especially when youre just starting, eat a healthy snack between meals.. its so much better than staying hungry and then overeating later. Nature Valley granola bars are a good and filing snack, especially if you drink water when your eating it.. But they have a lot of carbs so obviously they wouldn't be good for ever snack. And drink a lot of water. Alot of times you think your hungrier than you at and water curbs it. Hope this helps a little!
Jeckeree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:11 AM   #3  
go ticker go!

S/C/G: 291/245.4/195

Height: 5'10"

Welcome!

When I started, I was hungry all the time but I stuck with it and I found my appetite changed after a couple of weeks. Now I could never eat the amounts I used to. I feel sick if I do. The best thing I have found for breakfast is oatmeal. It is really good for you and keeps you full for a long time. Another trick I found if you are bad for eating at night is eat dinner a little later and you will be less tempted.

There are loads of great tips on these boards, try a few and see what works for you. Good luck!
begoodjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:57 PM   #4  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Kayann, welcome, glad to have you join us. I suggest you look for a Challenge or Support group to join; small check-in groups make it easier to connect, get involved, and be accountable. We have groups centering around specific diet plans, themes, or age groups, so find one that inspires you and just post to join!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote