Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-12-2011, 12:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/160/128

Height: 5.4

Default Hit 40 and started packing it on!!!

Hello everyone,
I began my quest to lose after turning 40 and to my dismay started packing on the pounds faster than ever before in my life. It is kind of funny because there are so many jokes out there about turning 40 and all of the things that start happening. I literally turned 40 and ironically started with some unusual heath problems approx 1 month later( although i realize the 40th was not the cause, its still makes me laugh) most of the answers supplied by my primary, gyn and optician were along the lines of " well, you are getting older" or this is hormone related due to the aging process. I have never been one to worry about age but had to chuckle upon leaving office after office with generally the same answer.
to make a long story short I started doing some investigating of my own to determine the cause of my increased fatigue, weight gain and exercise intolerance. Most of my research pointed me in the direction of hormone imbalance and estrogen dominance. One of the primary reasons for seeking out medical advice was for extreme heavy periods and this theory made alot of sense to me.
I set out on a course of really learning what causes estrogen dominance and how to correct it. I cut out many parabens, started eating organic and started using small amounts of progesterone cream to balance out my hormones.
the progesterone cream backfired as it can be changed by your body into oestrogen. I put on 10 lbs and lots of cellulite!!!
I still believe the hormone balance to be the culprit and the progesterone cream, believe it or not, confirmed my suspicions.
I am continuing to follow the protocol (without the cream) and have ordered a copy of the antiestrogen diet. I will let everyone know how it goes!!! Its good to be here, this seems like a very supportive positive group of dieters

Last edited by HAPPYPT; 04-12-2011 at 01:46 PM.
HAPPYPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 177/177/127

Height: 5"4

Hi, I know all about what I call the 40 blues... I went thru early menopause last year due to chemotherapy, and have had horrible symtoms.. my doctor has put me on DHEA and it has been a miracle... my fatigue is Gone... wouls something like that work for you or would it go against your aniestrogen diet?

good luck!!!!!
Judi
judiluki is offline   Reply With Quote