Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-08-2010, 11:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Talking Good morning

Good morning!
My name is Roxanne. I'm a 38 year old mom to 4 kids. Ages 17, 13 and 9 yr old twins.

I'm a nursing student right now. I'm not married but in a permanent relationship to a man that I absolutely love and one that adores me just as much. Best thing that ever happened to us was finding each other.

(I'm having too much fun with the smileys)

I've always been a little bit on the heavy side. Never too much. I looked attractive but weighed just a bit more than the guides said. Never bothered me.

Then I started having kids. Each kid it went up a little bit more. Then the twins, oh my. I found myself at 235. I was of course horrified but was too lazy to do anything about it. It was just too much effort to actually DO something about it.

The twins are now 9 and I weight 285
At a routine check about 8 months ago I found that my blood pressure, which had always bee good, was up to 200/100. So, I now take blood pressure meds.

For the last 6 months I have been wrapping my mind around the fact that I need to lose weight. I first cut out pop from my life. If I drink any type of pop it is now calorie free. I prefer iced tea but it also has to be calorie free. I then cut fast food out of my diet. (Ok we did eat fast food once in the last 8 months) and eating out has also gone by the wayside (ok, ok that's a budget thing as well as a diet thing ). I try to keep junk food out of the house. I still have been backsliding on this one but I feel like I am finally at the point where I am good to go on getting this one out of my life as well.

I haven't lost any weight, although I have people say that they think I have. I see the stubborn scale numbers though AND my jeans aren't any looser.

However, I HAVE made some good changes and think I am ready to throw myself in it. I signed up at fitday as well and journaled today my drawbacks to weight loss and how to overcome them. (The biggest...I'm LAZY and hate to exercise)

I am proud of myself, instead of eating those chips I wanted last night, I resisted and exercised instead. It was hula hooping on Wii Fit but hey it counts

Ok, if I don't get off here I will be late to class something my professor does NOT look kindly on. Looking forward to meeting you all!

Roxanne

PS my first goal isn't a weight goal, it's a feeling goal. I want to be able to zip my pants up without having to tug at them!
roxannestags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:11 AM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi Roxanne and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:21 AM   #3  
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Hello Roxanne and to 3FC!
We're glad you found us
on passing up the chips
There are so many sweet, sweet people here who have been in your/our shoes and they have AWESOME advice and encouragement
I look forward to hearing about your journey.
Hugs and Support,
Judy
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:33 PM   #4  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Welcome, glad to have you join us. I suggest you look for a Support Group or Challenge to join; a small group of friends to help keep you motivated, find one that inspires you or fits your needs, and just post to join.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:46 PM   #5  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

Welcome Roxanne to 3FC, we are glad you are here!
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote