Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2002, 08:55 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Talking James Gandolfini Closet Fans Support Monday

Starting Monday's thread... Will post soon.

Last edited by JessIsOK; 07-29-2002 at 03:27 PM.
Old 07-29-2002, 09:08 AM   #2  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Morning Jess! HOw was your weekend... well we're posting at the same time again. Go figure.

Good morning ladies.

I hope the rest of everyone’s Friday went well. Things here at work are still very shaken up. We had two co-workers let go… and so my internet time will be kept to a minimum. I’m thinking I can get away with once a day or so…. We’ll see.

So – the picnic. Great. Brian – great. Weather – great. Lunch – great. I think I am really starting to like him. I kind of let him know that I was interested. Then when I went to leave I pecked him on the lips. Then he smiled and said “Can we try that one more time.” At which point I thought surely he’d kiss me kiss me. But it was just a few more pecks. We’re going out Thursday and if he doesn’t kiss me, I’ll have to just jump his bones myself.

New York was awesome. Ate WAY too much. Saturday I had a diner breakfast, then at the cookout had a hotdog AND a hamburger. Then on the way home that night we got a NY slice of pizza. I’m not exactly sure what got into me on Saturday. I’m sure I’ll be up like 4 pounds or something since on top of that I started my period yesterday.

Went shopping with my best friend who just got back from London. I haven’t seen her in 6 months and she was like “Look at you. I hardly recognize you.” That made me feel good.

BOUGHT A HOOKER shirt. It’s great. It’s a midrift shirt that I shouldn’t have bought… but it’s black with red flowers (kind of Asian looking) with these flare sleeve and the hooker part…. It pushes my now small breasts in and up making them look huge. It’s major cleavage… and such a hooker shirt. Plan is to wear on my birthday… so I have 2 months to lose 15 pounds and firm that tummy.
Old 07-29-2002, 09:14 AM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning girls
just a quickie I know u feel so Cheap!
LISA YOU VIXEN
ny sounded fun next time your in the area let me know I'm a jersey girl! (sans big Jersey girl hair)
woohoo on the shirt i'm the best kind of jealous
and see brian sounds lovely too bet you were dying when he said lets try that again!
Morning Jess
Old 07-29-2002, 09:15 AM   #4  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Red face Morning Jess!

Good morning to everyone else who will soon be posting. Today is my weigh in day, and it's not fabulous news but not terrible either. I stayed at -2 from my latest starting point, which is where I was last week. So it could have been worse, I guess, but that's kind of discouraging when you feel that you've had a good week and not screwed up a whole lot. Oh well, I just need to keep up with my water and exercising and stay as steady as I can, because we know it does come off one way or another if we are faithful to WW.
I hope everyone had a great weekend. We had a nice relaxing one. We got out enough that if felt like a weekend, but got enough done around the house as well, so it was a good balance.
Aaron was in a diaper derby yesterday. It's a crawling race, sponsored by Huggies. There were nine other babies in his age category, and he was SO ready to go. We had been training him at home, where I sat at one end of the room with him and hubby sat at the other, and he crawled across the room -- really zoomed, too. He had the race in his back pocket, I swear. But he froze when it was time for the real thing. Froze as in, he never left the starting line. He just sat there, waving to his daddy. My Hubby was offering him keys, the cell phone, Teddy Grahams, a bottle, we tried everything, and he just sat there waving and saying,"Hi dada, hi dada." Oh well, it was still very entertaining, and we got the whole thing on video for posterity. Looking forward to hearing about all of your weekends and losses!!!
Old 07-29-2002, 09:21 AM   #5  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Default Good Morning to Lisa and Kier too!

I was posting at the same time as you ladies. Lisa, way to go on your mini-smoochfest!!! I agree that Brian's bones need to be jumped...isn't it nice to know that he respects you enough to let you take the lead? I'm glad you are falling into like with him, he sounds so fantastic! And we want to see pictures of the hoochie mama shirt!!!!!

Kier, have you ever heard that take-off of the song Barbie Girl, except it's Jersey Girl? It was on PLJ all the time when I lived on the east coast. "I'm a Jersey girl, in a Jersey world, I look fantastic, my pants are made of plastic" It was rather hysterical, especially coming from ultra-conservative Greenwich and going to the Ikea outlet in Elizabeth, and seeing all the typical Jersy Girls! I'm also jealous that you live in Sopranoland!
Old 07-29-2002, 09:30 AM   #6  
Cockeyed Optimist

Morning All!

Hi Jess!

Belle - I've never had a UTI but my sister tells me they're awful. Hope the cranberry juice is helping.

Jayne- Congrats - holding steady is an accomplisment and you should be proud. Chin-up - stick with the program and you'll lose.

Lisa - A slutty bar shirt! Woo-hoo - good for you - every girl needs at least one of those in her wardrobe. Glad that things are progressing with Brian at a pace that works for you.

Well girls, did not do well at WI - check my signature line - major increase. I'm really good with exercising but having trouble with food. I actually went to 3 meetings on Saturday in an attempt to gain insight. This week will be bad with exercise too as I'm taking a bit of vacation time and won't be able to go to the gym.

One of my best girlfriends just brought me the most hilarious present - a book title "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Dating". My dating life is always non-existent or a disaster so this should be great.

Must go. Hi to all yet to check in.

Laura
Old 07-29-2002, 09:34 AM   #7  
KS pride-Seminole country

Hey girls,
Whew.. survived another weekend! I don't know what it is about Saturday nights lately, but I can't control my eating! Well, I can, and each night Im so proud that I don't go out and start drinking, but on Saturday night I just started with candy at the movie theater (I couldn't resist the sour patch kids!) But I did record them and all their 6 points of glory, thenc ame home and made chicken, baked fries, and a salad and didnt' record.
WE went out to some parties and I drank half a beer and half a pina colada. Still no recording. NOne until Sunday night when I picked up my routine once again. I don't understand Saturdays! But, I never binged, or ate anything I wouldn't regularly. I just feel as if I"m twisting in the breeze for not even bothering!

Friday night was fabulous though. I made a dinner, went out to a party and had a total of one beer. I was so proud of myself. It' shard right now because it's totally the college time when everyone is turning 21 and wanting to just drink and drink. But, I'm really having a fabulous time just being with friends.

Anywho.. I'm feeling good about WI tomorrow. But for some reason Mon. and Tues are my hardest days!

OKay, I have to split for work in a few seconds, but let me catch up...

Lisa-- sounds like a fabulous weekend! And the shirt?! I can hardly wait to throw one of those on myself. Congratulation! I'm sure you look great in it, and you must be proud. And Brian? (that's his name, right?) How sweet.. and there's nothing wrong with jumping some bones if you wanna (teehee)

Jayne-- good morning! Sounds like everything is going okay in your neck of the woods... ::

Okay hello to all! NOw I"m late for work. Oops!!

TAlk to you all later.. and have a good monday!

Lucy
Old 07-29-2002, 09:43 AM   #8  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Hello, Again! I didn't get to post as soon as I'd planned, but hey, at least I'm posting, right?

I had a nice, quiet weekend. Saturday, I went to a stamping/scrapping meeting with a friend from work. That was a whole lot of fun and I'm considering more and more seriously the though of becoming a Close to My Heart consultant. I love to stamp and scrap, so why not make some money doing it? I need to research it a little more, but will more than likely end up doing it. Yesterday, I shopped and cleaned, not a very exciting day.

Has anyone tried the Red Wine Vinagrette Club sandwich from Subway? It's REALLY good (at least I thought it was).

Wanna hear something depressing? Since May 7, I've only lost 1.6 lbs. I'll have weeks where I'm down, but the next week I'm right back up.

Lisa--That's too bad about the work situation. Hopefully things will lighten up and you'll be able to visit more. YAY about Brian! It sounds like a wonderful date! I'm sure he'll kiss you kiss you on Thursday. If not, then you take the initiative, darnit! I'm glad NY was good, I don't think you should fret over the food--what's important is that you had a good time, in my opinion. The hooker shirt sounds fabulous! I can't wait until I can go buy hooker shirts. If I don't get off this f-ing plateau, I'll never be able to buy a hooker shirt. I bet that shirt will make your birthday even better.

Morning Kier!

Jayne--That story about Aaron is absolutely adorable! Even if he didn't win, I bet he was by far the cutest kiddo there!

OK, ladies, I gotta get to a meeting, sigh, but will be back later!
Old 07-29-2002, 09:56 AM   #9  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all... Happy tired Monday. I am sooooo tiredddddddd... We had severe storms last night right as we were going to bed, so we stayed up to make sure everything was OK, since there were tornados spotted. Nothing drastic hit us tho, they kind of fizzled by the time it got to us. Just strong rains. So now I am tired.

I firgured out how to make a caramel machiotto (sp) type of drink at home and now am getting my caffeine high. Isn't working tho.

Emma got her first REAL haircut this weekend. We took her in and she got a sucker and let the lady cut her hair. The lady was so impressed at how god she was. WE took pics, so when I get them downloaded I will let you know. I know you are all dying to see how big she has gotten. Can you believe that a bunch of you have followed her 22 months of life? WOW, I have been here a long time... and I started here way before I was even PG!

Lisa.... Those first pecks are the best. And relationships are much better when you don't rush into them. It is good that the 2 of you are talking and getting to know each other. It means that you enjoy each other for more than the physical reasons... VERYYYY COOOOOL!! I remember kissing my now hubby through the window of his car.... we are now selling that car (sports car/baby don't mix)... Kind of sad!

Jayne... How cute on the race... Babies do the funniest things.

Hi everyone else... I'll be back later hopefully!
Old 07-29-2002, 10:53 AM   #10  
Cockeyed Optimist

Default Self-centered post

Help Me!

OK so here's the deal. Tomorrow is my b-day and since I'm on vacation tomorrow the really sweet people I work with are trying to celebrate today. One man's wife sent in homemade blueberry muffins, another woman brought in lemon poppy-seed pound cake...and the list goes on. I know after last week's gain that I really don't need the extra calories. Would it be really gross if I just thanked them, took a piece, had a bite, brought it to my desk and pitched the rest?

Looking for guidance,

Laura
Old 07-29-2002, 11:02 AM   #11  
Bono Fanatic!

Wink Happy Monday!

Good morning girls! I am feeling pretty good for a Monday. Hope your weeks are all off to a good start!

Lisa - The shirt sounds great! I bought a cleavage shirt at the beginning of the summer (I don't have any cleavage normally!) and my friends often encourage me to wear it, even though I am not totally comfortable in it. It's fun! Also, congrats on the good date with Brian. I am so glad you gave him a second chance!!

Hi Kier!!

Jayne - I loved your story about the diaper derby! I guess no matter how hard you try, babies will do as they please, huh?!

Laura - Let me know if that book is funny. Not only could I use it myself, but it would make a great gift for a lot of my friends, too! I have been struggling with my eating lately too. What can we do to get ourselves in gear?? I am just thankful that I am still exercising or it would be much worse.

Lucy - Sounds like you had a fun weekend! Great job on the ONE beer on Friday! I know how hard that can be sometimes.

Jess - I was scrapbooking yesterday and thought of you (and Lisa)! I think if you have the time, you should go for it. It sounds like it would be a lot of fun, and it would be great to make some money doing something you love.

Jen - I can't wait to see new pictures of Emma! Wow, her first real haircut - she's a big girl now!!

My weekend was good, pretty low key for once. I went out to dinner with a friend on Friday, ran errands on Saturday, and ran my first 10K yesterday!! I was quite nervous simply because the weather was not cooperating. It was super humid yesterday and when I was watching the news at 6:30 am, the heat index was already 89. But, I did it! I even reached my goal of running it in under an hour (about 59 minutes). I am so proud of myself, even if I am quite sore today!

Hi to everyone else still to post!
Old 07-29-2002, 11:03 AM   #12  
Bono Fanatic!

Laura - We were posting at the same time. That is exactly what I would do. They don't need to know you are throwing it out, and you don't need to consume all of those unwated calories just to make them feel better. Take a bite and toss it!!

Happy Early Birthday!
Old 07-29-2002, 01:06 PM   #13  

Hey Girls,

I'm back! I haven't been able to catch up on most of the postings, but since I'm like a month behind, doubt I'll ever be able to! I've had to change my signature line to reflect the 5 lbs I've gained over the past month too - I finally weighed myself last night after I realized that all of my fitted clothes are too tight - I have been living in elastic wasitbands lately I guess.

The past couple weeks have been the worst ever. Problems with my boyfriend led to him getting mad enough at me to stand me up on my birthday last Monday, which I don't know if I'll ever be able to forgive. We didn't end up talking about things until this past weekend, and we broke up. We are going to try to be friends for now and still hang out together and see if we can rebuild our relationship, but I really doubt it will ever be the same. I know, an optomist would say it can be better, but that's just not me. Needless to say I spent most of my week crying my eyes out, always a good time. I've been going out with a friend almost every night, which is bad for the waistline and the wallet - all involves eating and drinking, but it's better then me wallowing at home alone. I've pretty much just been having a pity party lately - now that I am back at work I realize how much I hate my job - but I don't know what else I would WANT to do....pretty much all of my friends have moved away and most have lost touch - I think I have 2 left in the DC area, and now I am single again. UGH!

Sorry for the downer post! I started back today with logging my food and couting everything I eat, so hopefully I'll get myself back on track. I haven't started exercising again yet, I'm kind of afraid to with the whole mono thing, even though I'm better enough to go out drinking every night
Old 07-29-2002, 01:30 PM   #14  
GO CANES!

Hey girls! I dont have time to respond to everyone, but HELLO to everyone!

So quickly.....fell of the wagon completely this weekend.....um, birthday is SUNDAY!!! So will try to behave till then and then start fresh on monday. is that ok?? Laura, are you a LEO?!?
ok, i'm an original jersey girl myself, so GO JERSEY!!! (relocated to florida---that's a hellish place to be if you are not body happy...especially friggen miami....anyway. )
um, and what else . i'm all exhausted and not thinking straight, but i missed this place over the weekend!!
did anyone watch "sex and the city" last night?
Old 07-29-2002, 01:45 PM   #15  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

I shouldn't be back so soon... but it's tough!

Jayne - maintaining is somtimes very welcome...that's so funny about the baby race. Cool! I'll take pictures on my b-day (2 months away) and everyone can see so much more of me than they ever wanted!

Kier - I saw your picture. PRETTY! So, Jersey, huh? Where in Jersey?

Laura - don't worry about the increase... it will happen...3 meetings! A friend of mine bought me a similar book as a joke "How to meet and attract men." But I' didn't think it was so funny because she sent it to my work address not realizing that my work has to open packages before they send them internally. I was mortified! And happy early Birthday!

Lucy - you're gorgeous! I saw your pic....having fun is very important... sometimes you just have to join in the fun.... doesn't sound like yuo did bad at all.

Hey Jess... Close to the Heart? I haven't heard of that one. I love CM... but I think I might have to take a break... I have so much going on right now I just haevn't had the time to work it. Yes, Brian's pretty great. He's not all I want physically... but I should know more than anyone how to be judged on appearance. And so I say - the **** with it. He's amazing and I have a great time... and while he's not perfectly physically... I do find him attractive. I mean.... I've already mentioned those dimples...

Jen -L how cute... her first haircut. Definately want to see those pics. Yes... I'm getting impatient on the kiss thing. I'm used to kissing guys on the 1st date. Thursday will be our 3rd... let's go already!!

Lexxy - good to see you around! But I'm sorry about everything. I dont' blame you - I don't think standing you up on your birthday is a very forgivable thing. I hope things get better.

So here's my problem.... I didn't WI last week because my leader was in Maine. I'm about 80% sure I've gained... hotdogs, hamburgers, pizza, plus my period..... so I think I definately need to WI tomorrow to see the damage so I can do my damage control... but my boss just schedualed a meeting to discuss the layoffs at the same time as my At Work meeting. I'm going to miss another WI - but I really don't want to. I may go at like 10:45 and if she's there WI and run. Sucks!

I HAVE TO LOSE 15 POUNDS by my b-day if I want to wear that shirt. I HAVE TO. I HAVE TO. I HAVE TO!!!!!! I'm not doing very well!

Lisa
Closed Thread