3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Good morning (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/211992-good-morning.html)

roxannestags 09-08-2010 11:07 AM

Good morning

Good morning! :carrot:
My name is Roxanne. I'm a 38 year old mom to 4 kids. Ages 17, 13 and 9 yr old twins.

I'm a nursing student right now. I'm not married but in a permanent relationship to a man that I absolutely love and one that adores me just as much. Best thing that ever happened to us was finding each other.:hug:

(I'm having too much fun with the smileys) :D

I've always been a little bit on the heavy side. Never too much. I looked attractive but weighed just a bit more than the guides said. Never bothered me.

Then I started having kids. Each kid it went up a little bit more. Then the twins, oh my. I found myself at 235. I was of course horrified :o but was too lazy to do anything about it. It was just too much effort to actually DO something about it.

The twins are now 9 and I weight 285 :(
At a routine check about 8 months ago I found that my blood pressure, which had always bee good, was up to 200/100. So, I now take blood pressure meds.

For the last 6 months I have been wrapping my mind around the fact that I need to lose weight. I first cut out pop from my life. If I drink any type of pop it is now calorie free. I prefer iced tea but it also has to be calorie free. I then cut fast food out of my diet. (Ok we did eat fast food once in the last 8 months) and eating out has also gone by the wayside (ok, ok that's a budget thing as well as a diet thing :p). I try to keep junk food out of the house. I still have been backsliding on this one but I feel like I am finally at the point where I am good to go on getting this one out of my life as well.

I haven't lost any weight, although I have people say that they think I have. I see the stubborn scale numbers though AND my jeans aren't any looser. :?:

However, I HAVE made some good changes and think I am ready to throw myself in it. I signed up at fitday as well and journaled today my drawbacks to weight loss and how to overcome them. (The biggest...I'm LAZY and hate to exercise)

I am proud of myself, instead of eating those chips I wanted last night, I resisted and exercised instead. It was hula hooping on Wii Fit but hey it counts ;)

Ok, if I don't get off here I will be late to class something my professor does NOT look kindly on. Looking forward to meeting you all!

Roxanne

PS my first goal isn't a weight goal, it's a feeling goal. I want to be able to zip my pants up without having to tug at them!

Onederchic 09-08-2010 11:11 AM

Hi Roxanne and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle

islandchick1 09-08-2010 11:21 AM

Hello Roxanne and :welcome: to 3FC!
We're glad you found us :yes:
:bravo: on passing up the chips :cp:
There are so many sweet, sweet people here who have been in your/our shoes and they have AWESOME advice and encouragement :)
I look forward to hearing about your journey.
Hugs and Support,
Judy

patchworkpenguin 09-08-2010 02:33 PM

Welcome, glad to have you join us. I suggest you look for a Support Group or Challenge to join; a small group of friends to help keep you motivated, find one that inspires you or fits your needs, and just post to join.

Losing It 2010 09-09-2010 10:46 PM

Welcome Roxanne to 3FC, we are glad you are here!