Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-20-2010, 01:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/249/180

Height: 6'

Default Newbie with frustration issues ;)

Hiya!

I'm Deanna (call me Dea) and I'm 33 years old. I have 2 sons, ages 9 and 6. I've lost significant amounts of weight in the past - and I've done it the "move more and eat healthy" way every time. Every gain I've had has been either from pregnancy or from an emotional bomb.

I'm an emotional eater - sad, mad, frustrated, anxious, you name it - I eat.

I gained back everything and then some about 4 years ago when I lost a kidney and fell into a depression. I'm so mad at myself. I was 15 pounds from my goal weight, I'd taken it off and I was enjoying the work outs, etc. I had a habit, you know? I had everything where it wasn't "hard" to do. And then I just let it all slip away.

I've been playing at losing ever since. At this point, I am just so sick of hurting - my weight is affecting my health problems adversely right now.

So I'm ready for a change, and I'm ready to claw my way back to feeling better.
buttons77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/125

Height: 5'2

I feel your pain sister! I'm 21 and I've already lost and gained more than a hundred pounds! After my first was born, it took quite a few months to kick in but I finally got motivated, lost everything all the way down to my prepreggo weight. Then I got pregnant again and gained pretty much all of it back. I've realized something, in the past I've had to force myself away from sweets, but now I think of this lifestyle change as a life or death situation. I think how I can either sit on the sidelines and watch my boys (3 and 1) live out their lives with me in the background while I continue to satisfy my sweet tooth, or I can get up and move and heal my body with fresh foods. I truly believe that so much of diet and exercise failure is psychological, it's like any other addiction. Cigarettes are easier to quit than to change the way you eat forever, IMO anyways. I sure hope everything I said doesn't sound too cliche, and I really hope you get everything that you want out of your journey, best of luck!
Kyla0709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:42 PM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi Dea and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/249/180

Height: 6'

Kyla - you're right, I wish my addiction were easier to avoid. I HAVE to eat to live....just don't have to eat junk, right?

I keep trying to focus on being healthier as an example for my boys. Hubby is obese as well....and our boys struggle. I've done it before, but you're right - the mind change is the most important. I guess by coming here, I've at least put the toe on the path.
buttons77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:12 PM   #5  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

Welcome Deanna to 3FC, we are glad you are here!
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote