Old 04-14-2016, 07:33 PM   #496  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Linda - sounds like boot camp went well

Hope everyone is doing good today

Beautiful day to take off and want to know what I got done - zilch! Lmao - just my luck. The one thing I desperately needed to get done, the person I needed to see called in sick. Just wasn't meant to be.

I did get a good 5 mile run in this morning. Felt like I was running slow as molasses but was keeping my normal average - and this was with a wicked nasty stomach.
Last night was nutso - I just can't even tell you guys how ridiculously hungry I was - and I didn't just go head first into sugar either. There wasn't one thing I really wanted - but unfortunately it did lead to a cr@ppy tummy this morning. Staying lowish calories / carbs hasn't been difficult

Nope, no hairdresser either - cleaned the entire house though and made spaghetti (zoodles for me)! Feels good though
DD19 needed some clothes though so we went to Target. Was a little disappointed - most pants I've been buying have been 6's but Targets work slacks are cut very narrow in the hip with no give. 8's fit perfect
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 05:23 AM   #497  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
Linda - sounds like boot camp went well

Hope everyone is doing good today

Beautiful day to take off and want to know what I got done - zilch! Lmao - just my luck. The one thing I desperately needed to get done, the person I needed to see called in sick. Just wasn't meant to be.

I did get a good 5 mile run in this morning. Felt like I was running slow as molasses but was keeping my normal average - and this was with a wicked nasty stomach.
Last night was nutso - I just can't even tell you guys how ridiculously hungry I was - and I didn't just go head first into sugar either. There wasn't one thing I really wanted - but unfortunately it did lead to a cr@ppy tummy this morning. Staying lowish calories / carbs hasn't been difficult

Nope, no hairdresser either - cleaned the entire house though and made spaghetti (zoodles for me)! Feels good though
DD19 needed some clothes though so we went to Target. Was a little disappointed - most pants I've been buying have been 6's but Targets work slacks are cut very narrow in the hip with no give. 8's fit perfect
Yes, BC was awesome! It was killer and my knees aren't as forgiving as they used to be- btw-burpees suck!
I'm so sorry that you didn't get the "need to" things done-that's very frustrating, I know arrgh
Slow or zipping right along- the fact of the matter (and I know, I'm not a runner so I don't totally get it) is that you ran- you got out there, you ran 5 miles! Yes, you've done your marathon runs and smoked 'em you hot sh*t- and we are SO proud of you!!! I'm pretty sure you aren't really down on yourself on it, but you do need to know that I for one, am in awe of you and how far you have come!! Your TBT pic- that says it all lady!!!
You know, I can't help but wonder and try to piece together the relation of the weather to our hunger and "binging" (if you will) I think there is a definite connection. If I'm reading it right Beth, it's fats you're going after? That seems to be my pattern- as I look at the macros in MFP this week.
Call that hairdresser TODAY!!! From work, take 2 minutes and do it- I don't care if you do it from the bathroom!!! Schedule that appointment!!!
As for the slacks, I'm sorry- but I KNOW that you are going to find your rhythm again- this is just a bit of a speed bump- you'll figure it out- I think its more stress and cortisol than food that is causing this- wrong I could be, buit I don't think so- and you WILL (because I sense it to be your nature) figure this out. I have total faith in you and I know it's not misplaced or misguided. You are my hero (truth) in this- since WAY back in the beginning!!! In case I don't get back on here before--BEST OF LUCK ON SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I gotta go get my day started-1/2 day- quick lunch with my dad, gyn appt (annual) and then hopefully a visit to the Y before grocery shopping.
HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!!
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 06:46 AM   #498  

S/C/G: 253.3 / 188.8 /195

Height: 5'5"

Happy Friday All,

I have been in a bad pattern of waking up at 3:30 or 4 this week. Last night I was so tired, I went to bed at 7:30 guess I was sleeping by 8:30 and awake again today at 3:30. UGH.

Destony - Sounds like a great day ahead for you. Have fun.

Beth - it sounds like you had a lovely day. Maybe a true day off was what you needed. Wish I had some great advise for you, but I don't. I agree with Linda, you are a great inspiration to me, and have been from the beginning. I remember the day that I saw your before and after photo for the first time and that might have been the first time that I felt that I could do this. Thanks for being so honest about your struggles - it is nice to know I am not alone.

HIS - hope the ketoflu is over by now. Thanks for honesty and frankness, it is always nice to have that person that is pushing you to do your best. Deep down I know I need to / want to go further. At this point I feel that I need to prove to myself that I can take what I have learned and apply it and maintain at the weight. More to come on that story.

Well I guess it is now late enough that I can go shower. DH gets mad when I get up early. First day of P2 today? I still have a veggie chili prepared for lunch and don't have any protein prepared - so I am thinking one more day of P1. I was a little disappointed with the coach yesterday. She did not remember that I was moving to P2 and I had to ask for the sheet and to be measured. Not sure if it is her or the fact that they are using the Electronic medical record for record keeping now. Last week loss 1.6# for a total of 66.2 so far. The journey continues.

Sue

Last edited by smdawheel; 04-15-2016 at 06:53 AM.
smdawheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 08:50 AM   #499  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

It's so encouraging to catch up here and see that even with everyone's daily struggles and the events of life, we're keeping on!

Just FYI about the FB Alternatives group: I don't know if you all knew this, but I'm one of the moderators. There are 4 of us. We had long talk this week about how to handle the "cheating" posts in the group, and the plan is to delete the intentional cheat ones that say, "I had xyz and I still lost 8 pounds!" We're also going to close any threads that get into the alcohol discussion, after re-iterating that it's unsafe to drink while in ketosis. Lots of the members seem to think that "alternative" means "eat whatever you want," instead of "Stick to protocol but use non-IP brands."

Quick update (my internet access is spotty): P1 is going well, better than I expected. I'm having 4 packets every day because of exercise, but I think I'm losing weight. My clothes certainly feel looser, and I don't feel as bloated as I did. As before, evenings are the hardest time for me, when the hunger seems unrelenting.

I realized this week that I only have two pairs of shorts for the summer, so I hit the thrift store and found two pairs in size 8 that fit, although they're on the snug side. I think at the end of this P1 reboot, they'll be perfect. Starting to think about what I'll need for the FL trip and the cruise.

My baby boy's birthday is the 18th, he'll be 21. His wife is throwing him a party tomorrow night, with BBQ and lemon cake on the menu. Hope I can stay strong. They're coming over for dinner next Wednesday and he has asked me to make his favorite cheesecake. I'm really going to need to muster up some willpower.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 11:29 AM   #500  

I <3 you Linda
I don't believe a size 6 Target brand slack would fit me even if I lost another 25 pounds I've always been told I have "great childbearing hips"...plus, I've come to realize and accept I was obese the great majority of my life...and my skin started stretching when I was 5 years old (I'm 39 now). I have a lot of loose skin on my stomach, hips, rear, and thighs so without a bunch of surgery, I am just going to have to live with trying on clothes, and occasionally being disappointed I'd never tried on Target-brand size 6 anything...
Hey - they pulled up over my rear though
Fwiw, I do have a couple pairs of size 6 jeans (Gap & CK) - but they are stretchy and forgiving

Sue - thanks Saturday's were easier transition days for me - if you really want to make P2 start today, you could add an egg to lunch - not to the chili though obviously

HIS - hope you've broken through to the other side & yes, I knew you were a moderator on the Alt board - you've never made it public though so usually left FB stuff on FB, and 3FC stuff on 3FC - but I had to give y'all a shout out - I wouldn't have gotten to where I am without the group and the resources here

So while DD11 was having extra-long dance rehearsals last night, I sat and thought about Wednesday's binge. I *think*, maybe (emphasis on maybe) I clued in on a couple things...
1. TOM showed up Tuesday...I have an IUD, so shouldn't be having regular cycles anyway - that changed in P1 though as I was losing weight...but I haven't had a true cycle since September.
2. I've been overly cautious about my indulgences and have probably been doing too much P1 for the amount of exercise & what I indulged in - in turn, then my body is rebelling and screaming "feed me"
3. I've got to start trusting my body - so far, it hasn't lead me too far off track. Could I use a little 'clean-up' to get a few pounds off? Sure. Carbs have added some fluff to my belly...but in the end, will additional weight loss be maintainable? Especially as long as I am running...? Starting to wonder what my body's true weight set-point is
4. I'm buying a set of calipers my chiro is going measure me next Wednesday and then I will be able to get DH to help at home.

Liana - I never really responded to your last post (and thank you for your input )...fwiw, I rarely allow myself all the calories either MFP or Fitbit give me daily when I exercise - for example, yesterday Fitbit came in at 25,000 steps and close to 3,000 calories burned...MFP, which uses my steps tracked on my phone, had me at about 15,000 steps (I wasn't carrying my phone while I was cleaning house) and 2,200 calories - I finished the day right about 2,100. I need some guideline though. As you can see, I keep having these binges and I truly don't think its self sabotage - I seem to be able to tell the difference between stress binges and what happened Wednesday night. I keep working on trying to find the happy medium.

& if I can't find my happy medium after my June reboot, depending on my job situation, I will start working with a nutritionist / PT (???). I do really well when I am given specific instructions

Last edited by hysteria_625; 04-15-2016 at 11:33 AM.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:32 PM   #501  

S/C/G: 187/135/135

Hey Everyone,

Quick question - did anyone else receive an email from Quest a week or two ago regarding the new formula? I must have deleted it, but I recall that they were changing the formula again due to complaints about taste. I believe they are still using the soluble corn fiber in the 'new new' version now. Not sure if the nutritional values have changed at all though.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Last edited by Kalaya; 04-15-2016 at 12:36 PM.
Kalaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 12:53 PM   #502  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalaya View Post
Hey Everyone,

Quick question - did anyone else receive an email from Quest a week or two ago regarding the new formula? I must have deleted it, but I recall that they were changing the formula again due to complaints about taste. I believe they are still using the soluble corn fiber in the 'new new' version now. Not sure if the nutritional values have changed at all though.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Interesting Kalaya.... They never did change the formula here in Canada according to the Nutrition Facts & ingredients list on the boxes. I guess you guys were the 'test group' for this fail. Usually we are the smaller market so companies often use us to try things out first. I wonder what their next step is?
Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 07:13 AM   #503  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by smdawheel View Post
Happy Friday All,

I have been in a bad pattern of waking up at 3:30 or 4 this week. Last night I was so tired, I went to bed at 7:30 guess I was sleeping by 8:30 and awake again today at 3:30. UGH.
Well I guess it is now late enough that I can go shower. DH gets mad when I get up early. First day of P2 today? I still have a veggie chili prepared for lunch and don't have any protein prepared - so I am thinking one more day of P1. I was a little disappointed with the coach yesterday. She did not remember that I was moving to P2 and I had to ask for the sheet and to be measured. Not sure if it is her or the fact that they are using the Electronic medical record for record keeping now. Last week loss 1.6# for a total of 66.2 so far. The journey continues.

Sue
Ah, yes...the 330 mornings...I wish that on weekends I could make it past 430- but it's rare- I think about how many hours of sleep I got, and most of the time it's between 6 & 7 hours- so I guess it's all good. Good luck with starting P2 today!!! I am sorry to hear that your coach kind of dropped the ball. 66.2 YAY So proud of you!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereIStand View Post
It's so encouraging to catch up here and see that even with everyone's daily struggles and the events of life, we're keeping on!
Just FYI about the FB Alternatives group: I don't know if you all knew this, but I'm one of the moderators. There are 4 of us. We had long talk this week about how to handle the "cheating" posts in the group, and the plan is to delete the intentional cheat ones that say, "I had xyz and I still lost 8 pounds!" We're also going to close any threads that get into the alcohol discussion, after re-iterating that it's unsafe to drink while in ketosis. Lots of the members seem to think that "alternative" means "eat whatever you want," instead of "Stick to protocol but use non-IP brands."
Quick update (my internet access is spotty): P1 is going well, better than I expected. I'm having 4 packets every day because of exercise, but I think I'm losing weight. My clothes certainly feel looser, and I don't feel as bloated as I did. As before, evenings are the hardest time for me, when the hunger seems unrelenting.
I realized this week that I only have two pairs of shorts for the summer, so I hit the thrift store and found two pairs in size 8 that fit, although they're on the snug side. I think at the end of this P1 reboot, they'll be perfect. Starting to think about what I'll need for the FL trip and the cruise.
My baby boy's birthday is the 18th, he'll be 21. His wife is throwing him a party tomorrow night, with BBQ and lemon cake on the menu. Hope I can stay strong. They're coming over for dinner next Wednesday and he has asked me to make his favorite cheesecake. I'm really going to need to muster up some willpower.
Have a great weekend, everyone!
I'm glad to see that is the course you and the other admins are going to take. It's gotten to the point that I am seriously considering getting off of all of the FB pages. I had quite the little "reprimand" in a pm about a comment I made. If the girl had read the original post- perhaps she wouldn't have lambasted me as she did. Whatevs...move up and move on...and oh- god forbid that I couldn't remember exactly why the Quests weren't P1 fits anymore...-that was another PM from someone that never even commented on the thread- and thank you HIS for clarifying why they weren't P1- I hope that you have settled in to P1 and the worst of it's over for you I wish you a huge amount of good vibes for the party tonight- you got this- you've done harder things, and it's only for a short stint this time!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
I <3 you Linda
I don't believe a size 6 Target brand slack would fit me even if I lost another 25 pounds I've always been told I have "great childbearing hips"...plus, I've come to realize and accept I was obese the great majority of my life...and my skin started stretching when I was 5 years old (I'm 39 now). I have a lot of loose skin on my stomach, hips, rear, and thighs so without a bunch of surgery, I am just going to have to live with trying on clothes, and occasionally being disappointed I'd never tried on Target-brand size 6 anything...
Hey - they pulled up over my rear though
Fwiw, I do have a couple pairs of size 6 jeans (Gap & CK) - but they are stretchy and forgiving
So while DD11 was having extra-long dance rehearsals last night, I sat and thought about Wednesday's binge. I *think*, maybe (emphasis on maybe) I clued in on a couple things...
1. TOM showed up Tuesday...I have an IUD, so shouldn't be having regular cycles anyway - that changed in P1 though as I was losing weight...but I haven't had a true cycle since September.
2. I've been overly cautious about my indulgences and have probably been doing too much P1 for the amount of exercise & what I indulged in - in turn, then my body is rebelling and screaming "feed me"
3. I've got to start trusting my body - so far, it hasn't lead me too far off track. Could I use a little 'clean-up' to get a few pounds off? Sure. Carbs have added some fluff to my belly...but in the end, will additional weight loss be maintainable? Especially as long as I am running...? Starting to wonder what my body's true weight set-point is
4. I'm buying a set of calipers my chiro is going measure me next Wednesday and then I will be able to get DH to help at home.
& if I can't find my happy medium after my June reboot, depending on my job situation, I will start working with a nutritionist / PT (???). I do really well when I am given specific instructions
you mentioned a long time ago (can't remember exactly where- pm I think) about how many similarities we share. Ok, after the dr yesterday I went to the hospital thrift shop (where the heck was this all my life...) I tried a pair of 6 Banana Republic slacks on-and while they fit the waist with a hair to spare, the hips....nice panty lines there LBJ...lol- not so pretty- so back on the rack they went. It all depends on the maker and the cut- and my hips are always going to be the bane of my existence...them and now all the loose skin...lol. Again, same here, most of my life has been the yoyo and not the 20 lb yoyo- more like the 80 lb yo yo. So, yes, that extra skin-(which dr discussed with me yesterday) is something I plan to live with. I will do my best with exercise, nutrition and the collagen powder, but no, I am not planning to do the surgery. When I joked about the twins leaving the building -he launched in to the breast augmentation surgery- again, no- I can buy my wonder bras and falsely advertise and I'm good- the only one who needs to know how big they are in reality is sleeping right next to them
Interesting thoughts - I need to thank you for the thinking you trigger in me-it makes SO much sense. I agree also with the specific instruction- that's what made IP SO workable/doable for me.
So, I went to the Y after the dr and the thrift adventure-omg- a black skirt (I needed something to wear to wakes so I don't have to borrow pants from my mom) a pair of LLBean pants- the ones that the legs unzip so they turn in to shorts- I thought those would be great for the boat- and a bunch of tops and sweaters-mostly Talbotts- I put a couple of things back because I didn't want to spend too much. My jaw nearly hit the floor and I should have grabbed the stuff I put back- when the lady told me 32.00 please...WHAAAA??? It's been a long time since I went thrifting and you gals have been singing its praises all along- well, my new office assistant gave me a pamphlet with all the Cape thrift shops listed- oh boy....look out....here comes mama- but I REALLY REALLY REALLY need to get rid of the stuff that doesn't fit- like an entire sized 14 summer wardrobe of skorts, shorts, tees tanks, polos, -those things are virtually brand new- they were last summers purchases. Then there are the 12s- those are from the "old days" but still in really good shape. below 12- well, I never wore anything lower than a 12...so yay me I don't have anything- other than the small, 6s and so on that I have recently bought and put away. Oh, shiny butterfly-......sorry I got off track there....Okay, weigh in day- 1st time in maintenance that I went a 2 week span....I think I'm okay- Have a great day everyone!!!!!!!!!!
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 10:11 AM   #504  

Omg Linda - people have some nerve now a days - PM'ing to ream you out over a message board post? Yeesh - And yes, thank you HIS & other admins for discussing what was obviously becoming a fairly serious issue on the alt-board. Especially the alcohol - that's just scary. Someone recently posted about being in P4 and passing out hours after drinking.
The other thing that scares me on all the groups is how much medical advise is given out. It's one thing to be like "my breath stinks, what is this?" Or TOM (within reason...) but yah the ones about stomach issues or heart palps, etc...c'mon - go to your doctor. Not saying I didn't say some scary stuff there at the end of my P1 journey before I finally went back to the doctor - and I needed to! My meds needed to be adjusted.
Thrift shopping - yay!!! The slacks I got from Target were actually one of my first non-thrift pant purchase. I don't have anything against saving $ but also know me and as long as they don't rip or tear, will probably keep these slacks for 10 or more years - well worth the $30 investment That and I was just "there", kwim? Impulse purchase

So I had a stress/exhausted eating moment last night...and idk if this was good/bad, but as opposed to getting into everything, went for fruit (banana) and a couple spoons of the fro-yo I bought. Sort of a banana split I had already had a combat bar...but I was h3ll bent and determined to finish our taxes last night.
That's what led to the stress - thankfully my brother had warned me when dads estate was distributed we were going to owe taxes on the sale / distribution of the house so we have the $ put aside to pay the Feds but ugh!!!!! For middle class folks there really should be a cap on what can be taxed. My dad wasn't rich by any stretch - the only $ he had was tied to his house and in the big picture, it wasn't much (under $50K, split 3 ways) but it killed us in taxes
The state got their share so at least we have some offset. Whelp, Uncle Sam gets some extra funds - but I'll be d@mned if they're getting it from me before Monday
Going to pick up our race bags in a bit sad it's our last race for the spring - decided not to do the 1/2 on 5/15 (so I'll remover that from my siggy). Might sign up for a couple 10ks to keep having goals and then training for our next half in Sept. Will start late June / early July as I am phasing off my reboot
Old 04-16-2016, 10:29 AM   #505  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

The candy monster still lives inside me

Yesterday I had a P1 day. Why, you ask? Because the day before, yes, that old candy monster appeared.
I was out doing things all morning, had arranged to meet someone and I was about ½ hour early since I had finished everything else. So, with time to kill, I went into a nearby store…and found jujubes. A package was in my hands before I could talk sensibly to myself. I was only going to have a couple, honestly, but of course, no, I ate half the package.
Scary stuff, because these are the old behaviours rearing their ugly head. Buying candy or cookies or chocolate when I’m out and eating it before I get home. You have to understand, of all the reasons why I was fat, this was probably #1.
I thought that was behind me, but no, I definitely have to talk to myself about this. You can all give me a good talking to too!
I did throw the rest of the package out when I got home though.
So, I know in the grand scheme of things it wasn’t a major cheat, but just old behaviours, you know.
And then we were over at a friend’s for the evening, had wine and nibblies…
Showed in my weight, up a lb to 134.4. So yesterday, I had a strict P1 day. Weight down a lb to 133.4 this morning, and I’ll be keeping my carbs a bit on the low side today.

Speaking of P1 days, I’m wondering about maybe doing one a week, even if I don’t have a real splurge day. Do any of you do that?

Beth glad you had a productive day off, and good to hear you were able to enjoy your run! Sorry you didn't get to do a lot of the other fun stuff you wanted (yes! go get that haircut, you deserve it!!) Good luck this weekend!
Your binge analysis is so interesting – this is something you are so good at, trying to get at the whys of it all. Very helpful to the rest of us too, you know, because we all struggle with the same issues, and it always gets me thinking about my own things…. I would guess for you, with such erratic TOM’s, it’s got to be a big factor in those binge-y hangry days. There’s got to be some extra hormone action then???? Although the other things make sense too.
And too many P1 days? IDK, I haven’t had many, been a bit cautious about splurges still, but are you thinking it’s NOT good to have them unless after a splurge?

Sue – did you have your P2 day yesterday? I found P2 a bit harder than P3 – a lot of protein to eat! Sometimes I split my lunch and had some early, some a bit later.
for the loss – at this rate you are going to be darn close to your goal by the time you get through P2/3 That’s going to make it so much easier on your vacation!

HIS – no surprise to me that P1 is going well for you – and glad to hear it! You have amazing willpower not to weigh, but, as you say, the loose clothes are telling the tale. Were the evenings a problem before on P1? With the extra packet, maybe you could save half a bar for the evening hunger time.
Glad you found some shorts before vacation., new clothes are always fun!! When do you leave?
Have fun at the birthday party – oh, I l-o-v-e cheesecake, I don’t envy you that temptation….just hold onto that willpower, and remember, P1 will be over in no time!

Kalaya – thanks for mentioning the Quest thing. As Liana Said, we here in Canada still have the old formula, and I was just thinking this week I should stock up. If they’re changing the formula again, they may do it here as well, so I’d better replenish my stash.

Linda – thrifting fun!! I haven’t been since before vacay. I have all those summer clothes that I got before we went south in Feb/Mar, and I have to spend a morning soon to try them on again, I know some are too loose to wear, they were even loose then… Maybe I’ll do that this week. And then – yes!! A thrift store run of my own to replace them, and maybe find some more! My problem is I hate trying them on at the store, takes so long, and they cost so little $ that sometimes I just bring them home without trying, I can do that with tops, but I really need to try pants on. I have lost my bum! There used to be so much of it, now it’s just kind of flat and droopy, and a lot of pants that fit everywhere else just seem to be baggy in the bum. So I have to spend some time trying different brands to see what fits. During the fall/winter, when I was losing weight, I found a couple of thrifts that I like, not real close by, but good selection (like you, I find Talbot’s is usually a good fit/style for me). There are probably lots of other great stores, now that the weather is nice, I may try to make a list of some new ones to visit, and go check some out.

So today, a beautiful, sunny, warm day, and I’m going to get out and start getting the gardens cleaned up!
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone.
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 10:37 AM   #506  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Hey all, we're over 500 posts on this thread. I started the new thread here. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...mer-lovin.html
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 10:50 AM   #507  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
Hi ladies! I know it has been quite awhile since I've posted anything. Life is good, health is excellent, weight loss has stopped but I know it is because I basically went into P4 without even thinking about it. I know that I can eat "regular" foods now and not let them take over my life. I also know what it takes to stay below my "scream weight"! I have not met my goal weight by any stretch but I am still wearing size 10/12, down from the 24/26 I was in when I started this journey. My new life as a divorced almost 56 year old is pretty sweet. I reconnected with someone I grew up with and we are living life as full time RVers, workkamping 2 days a week to cover the cost of a full hook up site in Alpine TX, near Big Bend National Park, an area I always dreamed of living in and now am blessed to actually be here! I have not given up on that 135lb goal weight but it feels great to be able to eat pretty much what I want and still maintain. I'll kick it back into Protocol gear soon and continue towards that goal. I think I needed to give myself a bit of a break. I hope all is going well for everyone and I'll see you around the boards (my internet is sketchy so it may be another little while again...)
So glad to see your check in! That's a handsome guy in your profile pic! Your new path in life sounds fun and full of happiness! Pls check in periodically and when you get back OP to go for the goal again, be sure to post whenever you can - you are such an inspiration and your humor is such a gift to all of us!
I hope you are dancing some Texas Two Step and enjoying that slim new body!

Miss you!
Cheryl
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 01:12 PM   #508  

Thinking of getting an air fryer. Saw the video on Buffalo air fryer. Looks good. Like to have feedback from those using one, any brand will do.
My concern is the reliability, breaking down after a year of use? Thanks.
davidmilleerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:59 AM   #509  

Hi Dear
I'm considering to get a good quality air fryer. Before that I would love to have some feedback on the pro and con on this appliance.
Any reviews would be appreciated.
davidmilleerr is offline   Reply With Quote