Old 03-27-2016, 09:59 AM   #421  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Feels very spring-ish here, sunny and warm.
We had Easter dinner on Friday, very good, but very carb heavy. I didn't pig out, (well, maybe a bit) but know I had more than I should, add the glass of wine, and the (smallish) piece of cake, and definitely a splurge day for me. I felt bloated yesterday, more than I thought 'd be, Weight was up both yesterday and still today, about 1.5, but I hope that'll pass in a day or two
I had a P1-ish day yesterday, kept carbs low. Back to P3 today, and I will not bite the ears off DH's chocolate bunny
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 12:56 PM   #422  

S/C/G: 253.3 / 188.8 /195

Height: 5'5"

Happy Easter my 3FC Friends !

Blue - sounds like you did well for your Easter dinner and following program the day after.

HIS - I looked and can't find it now. I am thinking I saw it on Monday evening - maybe on the IP 2,3, 4 page. But I follow so many IP pages that it is like finding a needle in the haystack. When I see something like that in the future I will have to Pin it. I am still conflicted about going back to P1 when I return from vacation. I just found a biking club in the city that we are moving to. The biking season is so short in Wisconsin and I will miss it if I can't exercise on P1. I have also seen people bonk when cycling and it is not nice because the person gets confused. I also think it might be a great way to make some new friends in my new town. I definitely want / need to loose more - those fat rolls are still on my back and mid-section. So the conflict continues.

Spent some time with my folks last night. Made a very IP meal with them - steak, roasted cauliflower and asparagus, boiled turnips and rutabaga. ( 1 might have had more than 2 cups of veggies - but I only had raw free veggies earlier in the day). I boiled the turnips and rutabaga together in chicken broth and water and I think that it is better than water. I did make a cherry crisp for dessert for everyone else.

Today off to my sister-in-law. I don't think there will be much I can eat. Ham always seems to have sugar of some sort in it and if they glaze it or use added sugar at all I wont even risk it. I am taking some of Janeva's pork tenderloin that I had in the freezer along with a bag of raw veggies. I did have a couple of Easter Eggs this morning by my Moms house.

Got to go - Have a great day.
smdawheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:50 AM   #423  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Very low-key Easter here. Our kids all had plans with other people, so I escaped having to make a big meal. DH slept almost all day, and I had some Chick Fil A chicken strips in the fridge, so we just reheated some of those for dinner.

The weather has been cool but sunny here, so I got in some great walks on Saturday morning and yesterday afternoon. 5 miles yesterday, with no pain. I'm going to walk again this afternoon and see if I can do 5 miles again.

I will see my orthopedic doctor a week from today. After that appointment, I'll figure out what I going to do diet-wise in April. With no running, I think I may have to go back into ketosis to get these 5 pounds off. Or I just have to be satisfied with where I'm at for now, and then worry about the 5 pounds once I can run again (hopefully in June or July). I'm just concerned that with the FL trip in May, and then the cruise, I'm going to end up 10 pounds over my goal weight, so I'd kind of like to start May at a lower weight than I am now.

There's a thread on the IP FB page today about hunger, and craving protein, at the end of P1. Interesting that so many of us go through that. I wish IP would create a P1.5 phase, where dieters increased their fat intake just a little bit right before phasing off. I think it would help so many people.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:59 AM   #424  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Happy Easter Monday everyone! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Blue - sounds like you had a nice splurge and got right back on track No worries about a lot of Easter candy here...we didn't make baskets for the girls - their choice...

Sue - that's a tough choice but the group sounds like a lot of fun! I completely understand. Have you looked into the alt / diabetic P1 protocol?
Did you mash the rutabaga / turnips? For all the great veggie recipes I found on P1, mashed rutabaga was NOT one of them lol

HIS - Glad you had a quiet Easter & hope you continue pain-free walking!
I didn't see that thread, but agree with your assessment - or at least have an option available for coaches who are seeing this - and it does appear to be more common than not. It makes me wonder how many others reach the point I did but instead of adding a little healthy fat, go the exact opposite of a 'reboot' with less calories / carbs and give up all together before a proper phase off...? I'd also be curious to know if there is a common thread with those of us who seem to need a little extra protein / fat those last 5 - 10 pounds...exercise, etc...?

Linda / - hope you had a great weekend!

We didn't do Easter this year, so no baskets full of candy & junk - yay! We took the girls out for dinner Saturday night and then downtown Sunday to see the Cherry Blossoms - oldest is also getting to upgrade her phone.

Personally, I had a great, completely 'off the rails' weekend (really started Wednesday night...)

Had our great-niece's 3rd birthday party Saturday & it ended up being a family reunion. SIL had good, healthy foods and I brought a huge veggie tray with hummus. I had a brownie and small slice of cake with a scoop of ice cream - but otherwise it was all vegetables...and I had run 8 miles that morning
We went out for dinner afterwards and I ordered a kale salad with grilled shrimp and a small side of strawberry vinaigrette dressing - much better than the gloopey burger at Red Robins on Thursday!
Yesterday we headed into DC and braved the ridiculous crowds to see the cherry blossoms at peak bloom. We've gone down before for the parade & Japanese festival, but never experienced 'peak' before - it was gorgeous and although overcast and chilly all day, we got some great family selfies - and walked 9 miles! We stopped at the Jefferson Memorial for lunch (bananas and nuts - I had a Combat bar). We started the morning on one side of DC, ended the day at Arlington Cemetery and walked to my mom & dad's grave site. Not sure if DH should have been on his feet that long but he was a trooper - as were the girls.

As we were driving home everyone decided they wanted a 'traditional' Easter dinner, so I made an 8# ham, green beans with fat back, and au gratin potatoes (cauliflower mash for me). I made a brown sugar glaze from scratch too - 1/2C brown sugar, 1/4C honey, 2T ACV and 1T dijon mustard. OMG - it was AMAZING!!!! *confession* I ate a couple nuggets of brown sugar & I ended up eating WAY too much ham last night and am bloated from all the sodium...and walking / running a total of 20 miles over 2 days!

The great thing is that I'm not mad, sad, or upset with this bloat...and I stayed the h3!! off the scale this morning. I am doing a P1 / low carb day and figure I'll be peeing alot
I think, maybe, I am beginning to really trust the process & it's not an IDGAF feeling - just an awareness and acknowledgement that this is real life: I am NOT going to go through the rest of my life depriving myself of cake, or chocolate. It's NOT the end of the world to eat a serving of SunChips - and this is A-OK...and if I over-do it, I have the tools, resources, and knowledge to take a step back when necessary and correct my course before it gets out of hand

Last edited by hysteria_625; 03-28-2016 at 10:08 AM.
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 10:41 AM   #425  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
Personally, I had a great, completely 'off the rails' weekend (really started Wednesday night...)
The great thing is that I'm not mad, sad, or upset with this bloat...and I stayed the h3!! off the scale this morning. I am doing a P1 / low carb day and figure I'll be peeing alot
I think, maybe, I am beginning to really trust the process & it's not an IDGAF feeling - just an awareness and acknowledgement that this is real life: I am NOT going to go through the rest of my life depriving myself of cake, or chocolate. It's NOT the end of the world to eat a serving of SunChips - and this is A-OK...and if I over-do it, I have the tools, resources, and knowledge to take a step back when necessary and correct my course before it gets out of hand
My dear girl, I do believe you have reached P5
(My definition of P5 is "real life" ).
This is definitely a breakthrough for you, and we all need to learn this! So glad you shared this. I think you should frame what you wrote and hang it on the wall.

HIS - Good to hear you are able to get in some pain free walking. I sympathize with your dilemma to know what to do about losing those few lbs, it's tough going back to P1...I know that P1 day I had after my Easter splurge was HARD. The alt-P1 might be easier and still do the trick. Here's hoping your ortho will give you the green light to add on a bit more exercise.

That's interesting about the fat. I often added a bit of extra fat during P1, more at the end when it was slowing down. Always felt like I was going off-protocol, but my coach always told me not to worry, as long as I was still losing. It definitely helps with the hunger at that stage, and certainly better than adding carbs.

So my Easter splurge has worked it's way through my system (so to speak ) I feel much less bloated today. Actually I was surprised at how bloated I felt, because it wasn't an over-the-top splurge. Guess my body is still not ready for that heavy a carb-load. My weight is back down to where it was before (133.2) and yesterday was a normal P4 day. Like Beth said, it's empowering to know I can have a splurge day, and know how to use the tools I have to compensate, get past it and back to normal.

Wild rainstorm through the night and this morning, thunder/lightning, and then about an hour ago, the biggest fluffiest snowflakes (it's just above freezing). Very pretty, but glad I don't have to go out this morning.

Have a good week, Ipeeps!
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 11:56 AM   #426  
Ready to Reboot!

S/C/G: 165.8/161.4/150 (Reboot 2)

Height: 5'3

HIS I was just talking to DH that IP needs to have a few more phases before phase off. I totally agree about the increased fat...why not have a phase where we incorporate dairy back in using low-fat, low carb cheese and yogurt?

smda Your dinner with your parents sounded good! How was your sister-in-law's gathering? Sounds like you had a good plan. I don't blame you about wanting to exercise. How close will you be to goal at the point? Remember I am on a reboot now. You can come back to Phase 1 at any time.

blue Glad Easter is through you. No one is overweight because of one day of splurge-like eating, but having a good plan of action to balance it is so important. Yay!

Beth Glad you enjoyed the cherry blossoms. I haven't been in years. You have such a great mind set right now. I need to remember that for later.

Everyone, DH and I made a decision to phase off in a week. The reason is because we phased off last year into a vacation, and we found that for us, we never got into a good routine with maintenance. We are too disorganized on vacation, we are more likely to splurge than normal. Thus we want to have a good at home routine going before we go on vacation. Neither one of us is really worried about the scale number at this point. We are more concerned about maintenance in the long run rather than a few pounds of current weight loss. So that's that. I am on Phase 1 for the rest of the week and then on to Phase 2 on Saturday.

Also my boys ate jelly beans ALL DAY yesterday and my toddler tried to stick one in my mouth and I kept those lips shut. Yep. I made them eat real food too, but I wasn't so hard on them because it was Easter.
MiWi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 12:25 PM   #427  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Beth, sounds like you have an amazingly good handle on things. You're still our IP poster child!

blue, SNOW? Ack! It's still very chilly here; I had to fire up the wood stove this morning. But March can either be very cold or very warm in TX.

Candi, I think that's a smart phase off plan. It definitely takes a while to figure out your maintenance groove.

And, yes, fat/dairy at the end of P1! IMO, dieters who struggle at the end of P1 should have the option to add some cheese or other fat into their lunch meal. An ounce of cheese is only 80 calories and no carbs. And it could be continued in P2/P3. I guess that's where having an informed coach can help, as they can recommend that modification as needed.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:55 PM   #428  

S/C/G: 253.3 / 188.8 /195

Height: 5'5"

Happy Monday,

I navigated through Easter without a problem. I asked about the ham and no added sugar! He cooked it in chicken broth. So I enjoyed the ham with some raw veggies, then ate half of a vanilla crispy square for a snack. For my evening meal I IP mac and cheese with broccoli and cauliflower. I added a extra packet of Healthsmart Jello for 2 reasons. I had an episode in the morning (during church) where I felt light headed, nauseous, and hot and I was still a little hungry. I wonder if it could have been some hypoglycemia.

HIS - the additional fat is an interesting idea. I would love to add an ounce of cheese many days. I have been tempted more by fats than I have by carbs. It was a good thing that Easter did not include a cheese plate.

Candi - I will be just a few weeks behind you, but will phase off right into vacation. Since we do condos most of the time I hope we will not eat out too much. Unfortunately my folks like snacks. It sounds like you are in good place. I am not sure how far I will be from goal. I am guessing 10 - 15 # above my 165 (current) goal. Assuming I will lose some in P2.

Blue - sounds like you are doing great. You are a good role model.

Beth - Congrats on your weekend. Reading about your weekend it sounds like you did a great job navigate through the weekend. I have seen some cherry blossom photos from other friends and it looks like it was amazing. I was fortunate to be out in DC during cherry blossom time when I was in college. I was there for a meeting and I think they were extra early that year I took so many photos.

Our mortgage was approved so we are one step closer to the new house. My current house has a long way to go before we can list it. Of course spending 30 - 45 minutes writing my post isnt getting me any closer to that goal, however I have found that it is important to my weight loss goal and staying focused.

Thanks for all of your continued support.

NSV - trying to pack a box tonight and found a pair of shorts with the tags still on them and they fit Win. They go in the vacation pile.

Sue

Last edited by smdawheel; 03-28-2016 at 09:24 PM.
smdawheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 10:22 PM   #429  

S/C/G: 187/135/135

Height: 5'4"

I agree with adding more fat back as you get closer to goal. I have been incorporating fage 0% greek yogurt in addition to ~1/4c low fat cheese almost every day. For a while it seemed to really help with my losses (and hunger), now I'm kind of plateauing again though. Been +/- 0.2lbs for 3-4 weeks now. Also had a few too many protein bars. Will probably ditch the cheese and keep the yogurt now.

This weekend was rough for me. I had an allergic reaction start on Friday and I wasn't able to get a shot/meds until today since apparently even walk in clinics around here were closed on the Sat before Easter. It wasn't severe enough to warrant an ER visit, but moderate enough to make me miserable. I spent most of the weekend just trying not to rip my face off and feeling sorry for myself, fell back into some old bad habits. Oh well, I know my next WI will be pretty terrible not only because of that, but also since I had a cortisone injection and have to take prednisone the rest of the week. Not beating myself up for it though!
Kalaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 05:02 AM   #430  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Tried to post quickly from work yesterday and it didn't let me...???
Things are good- still battling the NBMonster...can't help it and it's not just after the "napatizer" Sunday afternoon or last night...arrgh- last night was after dinner- like really, I hadn't even put my dish in the dishwasher...then again before bed- Sunday- wasn't horrible, but more than I intended with my apple before my walk. Easter was easy breezy- nothing special- kids go their own directions so-that's ok. I am noticing (and It's not an IP thing) that as I get older - the holidays don't bring me the joy they used to. I find myself missing the traditions of old, missing my DS ( I am thrilled that he has his family and all-he just hasn't found his balance yet I guess, and we were so much closer before and I really miss that) feeling a little jealous of the time he spends with DexH and his g/f, maybe more jealous than I am willing to admit- and I am admitting to quite a bit...I am already getting in to more here than I itended. I am fine- knock wood weight good, maintaining- want to respond to so much here- but need about an hour and there it is time to get my arse in gear for the day. I will catch up soon I promise- and I love reading seeing everyones success- and I agree- Beth you are the p/c for this- HIS - so are you!!!! Have a wonderful day everyone!!

Last edited by Destony; 03-29-2016 at 05:10 AM.
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 09:39 AM   #431  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Linda, holidays with adult kids.... It's hard! Now that I have daughters-in-law, they want to do things differently with my sons, so our family traditions are changing - IF everyone even shows up! I understand more and more now why my parents and in-laws downplayed the holidays as they got older.

Kalaya, ooo, your allergic reaction sounds miserable.

Sue, that definitely sounds like a hypoglycemic episode. Have you ever had them before?

I'm trying not to be frustrated. I had three good days of walking, ate within 1500 calories each day.... and the scale isn't budging. (And it's not fluid retention or stool.) I just wish I could lose TWO STINKING POUNDS and get back down in the 150s. Not resorting to full-on P1 yet, though.

Lots of busy work for me today. I need to go do a 4-mile walk, then do errands, then home to work on some baby shower gifts (hooded towels) and do something about my sewing room which is an utter disaster. No work tonight.

Last edited by HereIStand; 03-29-2016 at 09:41 AM.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:21 AM   #432  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Beth, I saw your FB response to the girl who's fallen off the wagon due to cheats. She continues to justify her "little cheats." Over and over again, I see that the people who post on the FB pages that they regained their weight are the same people who boast about their cheats in P1 and how they still lose weight. They just don't get it. There's a woman on the Alternatives page who tells everyone she still eats Quest bars even though they don't fit protocol - and she's back on P1 again after regaining most of her weight. SMH.
Old 03-29-2016, 12:00 PM   #433  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

bad 3FC

Blue - I'm trying...and my mood varies from day to day. I have to admit, willfully asking myself "is this something I should eat..." before diving headfirst into stuff seems to be helping a little bit. Also, acknowledging that the 'good angel' isn't always going to win and thats ok too
Nope - don't envy you on the snow...I <3 our weather peeps around the DMV - acting like tomorrow morning being 40 degrees is the end of the world

Candi - I think y'alls choice is VERY wise! I believe coming back to P1 won't be too difficult either - sounds like your mindset is great right now too!
Going downtown Sunday wasn't my first choice - it was super crowded. I don't mind crowds BUT DD11 was having tummy issues when she has to go, she HAS to go - and the lines at every bathroom were 10 - 15 minutes long. Overall, it was great day - but as one DMV'er to another, you understand

Sue - Congrats on the mortgage approval! That was FAST!
Any reason why only 1/2 a crispy square? Did you cut back b/c of the Jello when you didn't feel well after church? You have been under a lot of stress and also probably moving around a lot more with packing. Be careful lady - just thinking that on days you do a lot of lifting / walking / packing you may want to add some Jello-stuff or one of the flavored drinks for some additional protein.

Kayala - oh no so sorry you had a miserable weekend - any thoughts on just checking in with your coach, but skipping weigh in this week? You really aren't going to get a very accurate picture of where you are at on the steroid...

HIS - oh gosh no I am up weight-wise but have legitimate excuses why I can't drop back into hard-core P1 right now - but its a slippery slope and I know I have to hold myself accountable come May 30 if my weight hasn't stabilized below 15X...I really don't like seeing that # on the scale

Linda - so happy to see you are maintaining so well & you are a pillar in the P2,3,4 community now
- rant away...I completely empathize...DD19 was saying on Saturday that may have been the last time all the cousins born from 1991 - 1997 will be together, outside of weddings and funerals *sniff* when they were growing up we had so many great holidays with both the in-laws and my parents...now my folks are both gone, DH barely speaks with his family anymore (our choice for a multitude of reasons)...DD19 plans to move to Atlanta this time next year...I can't blame you for being jealous - and it's OK to have those feelings... *sigh* getting older sucks sometimes

Congrats to all getting through Easter unscathed

Wearing the uh-oh jeans today - a little more muffin top than I like & I am still puffy. I weighed this morning and was fine with the #, given that everything is still working itself out of my system.
P1 yesterday went ok...so far, after these binges, my body seems to know it needs less food and even though I ran 5 miles (last long run before Sunday's race) I was ok on less than 1,200 k/cal (I did add extra protein after my run) - but am back to a P4 day today, and that includes sunflower butter on my low carb toast for breakfast and homemade sweet potato fries tonight with a turkey burger
Can't wait to try my new potato slicer!!!! No more blisters from cutting whole sweet potatoes by hand
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 10:53 PM   #434  

S/C/G: 187/135/135

Beth - I'm my own coach so no problem there! I can see how bloated I am right now and the pred is making me even more thirsty than usual. Thankfully the reaction symptoms are regressing pretty steadily now. I feel much better, but still look like a wreck lol. Can't guarantee my word - I will try to stay off the scale for my next WI (Sat) just to avoid possible discouragement since I continue with the pred until Friday. Good luck with your next race and I'm very jealous of your sweet potato fries!

HIS - I'm sure that's incredibly frustrating. You have to give yourself some credit though for doing all of the right things!
Kalaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 08:19 AM   #435  
Ready to Reboot!

S/C/G: 165.8/161.4/150 (Reboot 2)

Height: 5'3

Hi All. Very stressed and anxious today. Our nanny told us that she is quitting in a week. Great. Thank goodness I am on Phase 1 because my stomach was growling this morning...which never happens in the morning. Usually I drink my coffee and eat my oatmeal and I'm fine. I think it's the stress. I work full time with a long commute. DH works full time with a long commute. We have two little boys who need childcare. Ugh.

HIS and Beth, I'm not on FB because someone posted on another board on here about cheating and not knowing why she wasn't losing weight. People really don't get it, do they? Ugh. And thank you both for your support of me phase off plan. I can't believe I have only 2 more days after today of Phase 1 this time. Crazy.

Kalaya Hope you are feeling better during this allergy season. Yick. Hope your next weigh-in goes well.

Linda I have two little ones, and I am already feeling like holidays are not what they used to be. I was so lucky. I had aunts and uncles and cousins. We'd go to my grandma's and enjoy our day. I am an only child. DH is one of four but his family lives far away. None of my best friends have kids (one is due next month though). So I felt like Easter was kinda lonely compared to when I was growing up. Maybe when my boys get married (this just caused me great anxiety to say) things will lively up for them. And on a completely different note, I was looking at Amazon for Combat bars...what flavors are good?

Sue I lost in Phase 2 the first time around. You'll do fine on vacation. I really do feel like IP changes our mindset in general. I just looked at your stats again...Wow! I bet you fit into those pair of shorts. Super win!

OK y'all. Have a good hump day.
MiWi is offline   Reply With Quote