Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 10:56 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

Avasmom- 15lbs in 10days is amazing! Way to go.
Old 03-26-2015, 11:08 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 187/183/145

Height: 5'7"

Morning IPeeps. I'm traveling again this weekend, and hope I don't have a gain like I did last weekend. Which was odd anyway, as my scale at home showed a loss. Oh well though, I will trudge on! I will be starting week 9 tomorrow, and am down about 18 pounds overall and 12.5 inches. I was hoping for faster losses, but I'm pretty happy with being able to fit into my clothes better. I also find that I'm not having all that hard of a time sticking to the program, which has always been a problem for me in the past, so even if it takes a bit longer, I'm committed!

I've joined an IP challenge group on facebook that will help keep me more accountable, and since there is money involved, gives me even more motivation!!

Anywho, I'm leaving work at noon today, and we are picking up our new horse, then driving it across the state to acclimate to the horse we already have. Across the state is quite a feat, since I live in Montana, and we have about a 6-8 drive ahead of us and will never leave the state. We are then heading to a different town for a Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Dinner on Saturday night, then heading home on Sunday. I really need to get laundry done at some point in time...or my husband and I might be going naked to work next week!

Hope everyone has a great weekend OP! I won't be able to check in too much, but will try to at least a little
Old 03-26-2015, 11:46 AM   #93  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalEagle14 View Post
Morning IPeeps. I'm traveling again this weekend, and hope I don't have a gain like I did last weekend. Which was odd anyway, as my scale at home showed a loss. Oh well though, I will trudge on! I will be starting week 9 tomorrow, and am down about 18 pounds overall and 12.5 inches. I was hoping for faster losses, but I'm pretty happy with being able to fit into my clothes better. I also find that I'm not having all that hard of a time sticking to the program, which has always been a problem for me in the past, so even if it takes a bit longer, I'm committed!

I've joined an IP challenge group on facebook that will help keep me more accountable, and since there is money involved, gives me even more motivation!!

Anywho, I'm leaving work at noon today, and we are picking up our new horse, then driving it across the state to acclimate to the horse we already have. Across the state is quite a feat, since I live in Montana, and we have about a 6-8 drive ahead of us and will never leave the state. We are then heading to a different town for a Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Dinner on Saturday night, then heading home on Sunday. I really need to get laundry done at some point in time...or my husband and I might be going naked to work next week!

Hope everyone has a great weekend OP! I won't be able to check in too much, but will try to at least a little
Safe travels! And just think if you lived where I do in Texas, to get out of state going east takes 25 minutes but going west it takes right at 13 hours. We do a bit of traveling and the first day of most of our trips is spent getting to west Texas!!

Montana is on our bucket list. Not sure if we'll make it that far but part of the fun of any trip is in the planning for us!
Old 03-26-2015, 12:14 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 221/0/165

Height: 5'6

Default Help!

Day 4 here! Yesterday at 4PM and this morning around 10AM, I got really hungry. Does anyone have any suggestions, I have been drinking water and tea to tie my over until lunch. I am sure once I get into Ketosis it will go away. Does anyone eat a snack of some sort between BF and lunch and lunch and dinner? That is what I need, just something small. I appreciate your suggestions.
Old 03-26-2015, 12:21 PM   #95  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingras View Post
Day 4 here! Yesterday at 4PM and this morning around 10AM, I got really hungry. Does anyone have any suggestions, I have been drinking water and tea to tie my over until lunch. I am sure once I get into Ketosis it will go away. Does anyone eat a snack of some sort between BF and lunch and lunch and dinner? That is what I need, just something small. I appreciate your suggestions.
I usually split my veggies from my lunch packet so if I'm hungry mid morning I'll eat half of my veg, then have a lunch packet at lunch with the remainder of my veggies. Mid afternoon I have my snack bar because it works better for me that way...I don't like to eat after dinner. Maybe that would be a good option for you?
Old 03-26-2015, 12:28 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 221/0/165

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimo88 View Post
I usually split my veggies from my lunch packet so if I'm hungry mid morning I'll eat half of my veg, then have a lunch packet at lunch with the remainder of my veggies. Mid afternoon I have my snack bar because it works better for me that way...I don't like to eat after dinner. Maybe that would be a good option for you?
Thanks Kimo88
I know it will pass, but maybe I am not as prepared as I thought I was with the food. I cooked up the lean meat for the week but I did not prepare the veggies for the week so I have been cooking as I need for the veggies. I know once I get a week in the feeling of being hungry will subside. I am going to try splitting up my meals. Today I had the oatmeal for BF and I just wanted more, but I did not do it. It was because it is sweet I know?
Old 03-26-2015, 12:45 PM   #97  
Counting bites!

S/C/G: 282/255/130

Quote:
I wake up really early, so I don't eat breakfast until I get hungry. If I ate breakfast at a habitual time, I'd be eating breakfast at 5, lunch at 1 and dinner at 6.

Usually I start getting hungry around 8:30/9, so I have my shake around then, which only puts 3-4 hours between breakfast and lunch. Since the afternoon is my binge time, I have a veggie snack or my second shake around 2-3 which gets me through until dinner.
Old 03-26-2015, 12:50 PM   #98  
Counting bites!

Anyone else really, really miss cheese? I'm not having craving for it, I just miss it. For dinner I'm planning on having chili and for a moment I thought, "aw man, I wish I could have some sharp cheddar on it!"
*sigh*
Old 03-26-2015, 01:37 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
I am almost 2 months in and still keep an emergency cucumber around (freebie veggie) - 1/2 a medium cuke w/ salt and a cup of hot tea usually satiates me until the next meal.
Old 03-26-2015, 01:42 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyboomama View Post
Anyone else really, really miss cheese? I'm not having craving for it, I just miss it. For dinner I'm planning on having chili and for a moment I thought, "aw man, I wish I could have some sharp cheddar on it!"
*sigh*

I was a cheese fiend too - probably still am, but IP forced me to ween off and get creative. At first I was so sad about my weekend breakfast egg scramble, but now I saute so many great veggies (1/4C sweet peppers, 2T of green onion, cilantro, mushrooms, spinach) that I don't miss the cheese

Are you with a coach? I have read where some allow a very minimal amount of soy / veggie cheese (but it is not IP protocol).
Old 03-26-2015, 01:58 PM   #101  
Counting bites!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post

I was a cheese fiend too - probably still am, but IP forced me to ween off and get creative. At first I was so sad about my weekend breakfast egg scramble, but now I saute so many great veggies (1/4C sweet peppers, 2T of green onion, cilantro, mushrooms, spinach) that I don't miss the cheese

Are you with a coach? I have read where some allow a very minimal amount of soy / veggie cheese (but it is not IP protocol).

No, no coach. I'm doing IP on my own with alternatives. I've seen where others have subbed the ounce of milk allowed at breakfast, but I'm trying to be as strict as possible to maximize my losses.
Old 03-26-2015, 02:24 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 208.5/193.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Back from a two week vacation...stayed somewhat true to OP to the alternate plan I am on. Lost 1 lb. happy with that considering.
I found this interesting article about kerosis which clears up some of the mystery as to why my blood ssugars would rise from protein. I will paste some of it here along with the link. My weightloss is slow but at least it is a loss.

--------------

STAYING CONSISTENT

Keep ConsistentBeing consistent with a ketogenic diet is extremely important. Being as it can take a few days for your body to become keto-adapted, a cheat day can really take a long time to recover from. By the time your body is back in ketosis, a week may have passed – and that’s a week of no fat burning. This is also where the dreaded water weight will come back on.
If you are weighing yourself on a weekly basis, you may see a 4-6 pound gain of water weight if you did a cheat day 5 or 6 days ago. It also means it will take a few more days for the weight loss to start again. What may seem like a weight loss plateau is really just a delay from your body trying to become keto-adapted again.

Tracking your daily macros is a great way to keep consistent. It adds a layer of strictness into your diet, making it easier over time to realize where the mistakes are. We use MyFitnessPal, and wrote an article to help you get it set up.

If you’re not tracking your carbs, it can be very easy to let those hidden carbs creep up on you and knock you out of ketosis.

PROTEIN INTAKE

Too much excess protein is just a bad thing when you’re in ketosis. As mentioned in a previous article, up to 56% of the excess protein is broken down into glucose. We all know that the body loves to use glucose as the primary form of fuel, and that’s exactly what we don’t want it to do.

The body and brain need small amounts of glucose to survive. The liver will always make sure you get this glucose, and it will strip it from your muscle tissues if necessary. Eating protein allows your body to get enough glucose needed to perform as needed, but it will also allow your muscle retention to stay healthy.

http://www.ruled.me/ketogenic-diet-w...loss-plateaus/

http://www.ruled.me/ketosis-ketones-and-how-it-works/

Last edited by Type1lady; 03-26-2015 at 04:41 PM.
Old 03-26-2015, 02:27 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 160/160/120

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyboomama View Post
*sigh*
Not cheese but I think my body wants dairy. I have been craving chocolate milk. And I never drink milk..... So weird.
Old 03-26-2015, 03:33 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 256/229/175

Default feeling so good

I am loving this diet
Old 03-26-2015, 03:35 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 256/229/175

Red face

How do I get the weight tracker to show????

I copied and pasted, nothing is happening and it is showing the wrong weight on here, the 239 should be 235 now....

Last edited by maryb527; 03-26-2015 at 03:36 PM.
Closed Thread