Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 09:26 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Hi everyone;

Want2B; I did get my run in. I was mid range in my weight, so not at my low end but I'll take it! I'm hoping to get to the gym today or do something at home! I'm happy to hear that the weight is going down!

Jenny; What a difference my run felt when my hubby levelled the treadmill! And I ran at a 1 and 2 incline. It felt much better. I keep plugging. I hope that rash settles down and you have a great trip to Florida.

Slip; Hows the pms? I just finished my monthly and I always sigh a sigh of relief as it makes me tired, anxious, hungry and out of sorts.

Liana; You always make me smile with your posts! Keep it up!

It hasn't been a bad week, glad that tmo is done. I didn't have a great day yesterday but will get back on track today and keep plugging along. As has been mentioned in the maintainers thread, making 'food peace' with my mind and trying to keep active. The exercise helps me cope with the winter especially at this point when we are nearing the end and are done! Have a great day all!
Old 02-14-2015, 09:38 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi Hawaii,

Allowing myself to take a break this weekend, so I am sure the scale is not going to like it! TOM has arrived, so this coming week should be easier. We are getting another blizzard,(tonight into tomorrow)so winter seems far from over here. Think I will go galavanting this morning to get out of the house for a while.

Hope you all have a Happy Valentine's Day!
Old 02-16-2015, 12:40 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Wowzer, the Eastern bunch is sure getting the winter! I watched the news at work today and another foot of snow and winds gusting to 176 kph in the Maritimes... State of emerg in Boston area, major transit issues in TO, boy I bet you are glad you are in Florida, Jenny!!! Then on KOMO TV Seattle highs of 61 degrees expected and sunny all week...
What can you say. Wacky weather weirdness (I love alliteration).

Twelve hour workdays for me the past couple days (with little sleep as we were out to another Winter Carnival dance last Fri night and a hockey game Saturday which went into double overtime) so no time to get online and do up my MFP stuff. I did document a yummy fatmeal the other night - 3 cheese stuffed peppers with Parmesan crusted chicken (dill cream cheese, sautéed cauli & onion & garlic, blue cheese dressing, and a sprinkle of parmesan on top in the peppers.)

Shot below was kindly taken by a band member for us - I'm in heels so I am a 6' tall glamazon, lol. DH is actually an average sized guy, not a shortie.

Liana
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001 (800x600).jpg (31.2 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 004 (600x800).jpg (30.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 006 (800x600).jpg (24.1 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg 002 (800x600).jpg (35.2 KB, 22 views)
Old 02-17-2015, 04:33 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Hi All!

I am back on track and have been on IP P1 again for about 3 or 4 weeks. This clinic is much more supportive and knowledgeable. So it is nice to have a team rooting for you. I lost about 13lbs I think. Which I am happy with for now. No cheats I just want to plow right through this.

Hope everyone is doing well. DC area got is first major snow fall last night. We got about 6 inches. Schools and federal govt is closed. Very sunny but cold out. I hate snow but at least I do not have what my folks have in north of Boston. Terrible.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:44 PM   #50  

Well, I took the past 5 days off from program. I sure that the scale will reflect hugely my vacation from routine, but I will be back on track tomorrow. Just needed to take a break during my mini stay-cation. School tomorrow, back to reality.

Luccilove- great to see you! So happy that you like your new clinic and that phase 1 is working for you

Liana, we had four more inches of snow today, but finally the sun came out I the afternoon. It was glorious to see it shine. Whacky weather weirdness for sure! Cool pictures of the auto place. Glad that you had fun at the dance too.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:35 PM   #51  

Height: 5'2

Luccilove! WB! Good to hear you're liking your new clinic.

My heart goes out to you all that are dealing with the crazy snow storms. We are having a pretty tame winter in Calgary so far. It's a nice break since last year's winter was awful.

Sooo, I have crazy news. I still can't believe it's happening. I was contacted about 1.5 weeks ago while driving to BC by my IP coach. She wanted to tell me about a small IP clinic that was for sale. There was another lady who was interested that jumped on it right away so I thought I was out of luck. She backed out and the opportunity was presented to me. I did the research and it made sense so I am now the owner and coach of an Ideal Protein clinic! I take over on March 1. It operates on a part -time basis right now but I hope I can build it up to full time in the future. This is the best program I've ever done - it's taught me so much. I can't wait to share it with others! Now to continue on losing these last few lbs so I look great for the clients! lol

I instructed my husband to buy turnips at the grocery store. He's bought them before for me and I reminded him they were potato sized white/purple root vegetables. I go to grab them out of the fridge and it turns out he bought a rutabega the same size of my head. Close enough I guess!

S.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:58 PM   #52  

Wow Steph! Congratulations!!!!! What will you do about your other job? Do you go for IP training? Such a wonderful new adventure!
Old 02-17-2015, 08:22 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Steph that is amazing!!!! Congrats. Why did the person sell it? Keep us posted
Old 02-17-2015, 09:08 PM   #54  

Thanks ladies! I will continue working at my current job which is 4 days/week. The clinic was only running Wed evenings, Fridays, and a few hours on Saturday which works quite well for me. I'm hoping I can eventually transition into this position full time, as I've been trying to make a change from dental assisting for a while.

As far as the training goes - I have a coaches manual and will meet with the regional manager soon to go over things. Luckily I am sort of teamed up with my coach who is AWESOME and also very successful with her clinics. She has offered to be my mentor.

I'm still not 100% sure about why these ladies are selling. One has a new baby and the other is too busy with another job? I don't want to speculate too much since this is a public forum and who knows who could be reading. :P Now that I'm going to be a coach I better watch my p's and q's lol.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:22 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Congratulation Stephascope!!
You will be a wonderful mentor & coach for others and perhaps this will ease your work issues (or maybe I am confused but weren't you the one with the pita at work). It's always great to work for a place you can get excited about!
All you snowbabies stay safe and at least enjoy the sun...seems like endless fog here and they closed the main road to thru traffic due to 'erosion' so we have to take the long way round to get home. Too much moisture from melting snow and the ground is still fairly frozen so there is nowhere for it to go.
Liana
Old 02-18-2015, 07:31 PM   #56  

Hey everyone,

Really clean eating day for me. My body just feels so much better. Between TOM and my off program long weekend, I am retaining so much water that it was hard to zip my leather dress boots today! Ugh!! Can not imagine that I ate like that every day before IP.

I am not going to get on the scale until my kankles are gone! I think I would have a nervous breakdown.

Liana, more snow tomorrow morning. Sorry about your road and the fog. I can not imagine where all this snow will go with the melt.

Steph, wonderful that your coach is willing to mentor you. I am so excited for you.
Old 02-19-2015, 11:00 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Congratulations Steph that is fantastic news, so excited for you. You will a great coach!

Liana - your stuff peppers made my stomach growl when i looked at them. The only switch I would make is for red peppers, green brings on the gas.

Hawaii - glad the treadmill is down. Your running is coming along really well.

Does any of you Canadians know if we can get Danone 0% fat Greek yogurt at home? I have bought the little containers here and am loving it. I do t recall seeing it at home. My rash left on the second day here and I think it was a delayed reaction to the antiobiotics. Will make sure I don't go in that one again. The kids and DH have colds again and I am hoping to not get re infected. We could probably do with one more week of sun to get better. Oh well.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 02-19-2015, 12:48 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Luccilove; Good to hear that you are doing so well. You are probably feeling great and congrads on the 13lbs!

Liana; you've had some crazy weather too! At least its not snow. We are having very nice weather these days, mild and above 0. So, I can't complain. It feels like spring isn't too far away.

Slip; You will get rid of the water soon. I retain so easily. Literally 3-5lbs can come off in a week. I am hoping for spring weather for you too.

Jenny; I'm glad the rash is gone. Too bad about your family getting colds though. I am glad that you got a break and are enjoying warm sunshine. I'm not sure about the Danone yogurt, I don't recall seeing the Greek kind in the stores either.

Steph; Congrads on buying the business and being a coach. You will do great. When a person knows a program works if we just follow it, we can help others because we are living proof of success.

Its been a good week. I'm in mid range still. I've got back into my schedule for exercise and feeling good. I was disappointed on Sunday as I was having a good run but my right knee sometimes gets sore running after 30min, I think things get tight so I wasn't able to do my 60min run but was on the treadmill for 50min. I had more walking breaks. I had a couple of good P3 days and got rid of water retention. My ibs seems to have settled down. I am looking forward to getting outside to do my runs in the future. Hopefully it won't be too much longer. Hi Want2b! Hope you are well.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:44 PM   #59  

Thanks for all the kind words ladies. I can't wait to start coaching. I am a bit nervous with all the scientific info and clients who have health concerns. I have a good team behind me and also some knowledge of conditions/medications through my dental experience. I just want the clients to be confident that I know what I'm doing!

Liana - the pita at work is on her best behavior so work has been good. I will need to keep this current job until I pay off my business debts and replace my income. Until then, I will be very busy!

Slip - I agree with your statement about your 5 days off and not believing how you used to eat like that all the time. I can't believe I didn't weigh more than I did with the way I used to eat. Hope you're feeling better after a couple clean eating days.

Jenny - I can't help you with the Danone question. I am a Coscto shopper so I stick with the Kirkland Plain Greek Yogurt. I used to hate yogurt but now I love the plain greek.

Hawaii - I'm sorry to hear about your sore knee. I didn't have any problems at all running outside but now have a weird sensation in my ankle after running on the treadmill. I must be running differently. The weather has been nice here so I should probably try running outside to see if it persists. I am paranoid of getting that one injury that will end my running stint. It seems a lot of people I talk to about running say "I used to run until "x" injury happened". I get bursitis in my hip from walking long distances at a fast pace but running is fine. Bodies are weird!
Old 02-19-2015, 08:33 PM   #60  

Hi everyone,

Another clean eating day. Going to stay off the scale until TOM ends. I am def. premenopausal. Seems to affect me three weeks a month. One for PmS, two for TOM, one week off and then it starts all over again. Ugh!!!

Steph, glad the pita is behaving. I also have no doubt that you will bring yourself up to speed quickly on the IP med. stuff.

Hawaii, your prayer must have worked because the snow skipped us today! So happy that your pounds have settled down. Hoping I can get back in sync. Have decided to limit any sweet treats (fun meal), but I am keeping wine. Really want to get back into my comfy range by March 7th (big spa weekend).

Jenny, sorry to hear that DH and the kids are sick . I thought that the rash was from the antibiotics! Weren't you on prednisone too? I have had the antibiotic allergy show up after ending prednisone too. Something about the prednisone preventing antibodies to the allergy? As for my stay-cation, I went out to eat with friends three different times and did some shopping with my mom.

Luccilove, how are you doing with the snow?

Want2b- where are ya girl? How ya doin?

Last edited by Slipfree; 02-19-2015 at 08:38 PM.
Closed Thread