Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 12:14 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Steph; Glad you are safe and sound. I hate driving anywhere this time of year!

Slip; Crazy weather continues! Good for you in being determined to get some lbs down. Hiker says hi, she's struggling. Can do 4 days strict than falls, trying to figure out a plan for herself.

Jenny; I don't lead a running group, just little ol' me! I found out the reason my runs on our new treadmill were feeling tough, it wasn't level so I was running with with it being titled up, like I was running uphill! My hubby just realized that today and fixed it. Made me feel better! I thought I was never going to be able to run the same again. My long runs on Sundays are usually an hour which is anywhere from 8-10km. Today I did a half hour with lots of walking because unknown to me, I was running uphill! hee hee I guess I still got a good workout though!

Liana; hope your work and munchies are going well.

Hi Want2B!

As always weekends are my challenge but managed to do ok with exercise in there. I shovelled snow which was a good workout and exercising different muscles. I'm in high range right now but am also pms mode. So, retaining water as usual. I keep plugging. Have a great evening October newbies!
Old 02-09-2015, 05:45 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hawaii, I laughed at your treadmill comment...
When I worked in Physio we put the treadmills up 2 degrees since it is truer to running/walking on the flat ground. With the treadmill moving it actually assists you in your run/walk. So the reality is you are running downhill slightly now. Sorry to burst your bubble. We never told the clients that we were upping the incline because that would just freak them out, heheheh.
Ah well, exercise is exercise and anything we can do is better than the alternative !
Please give Hiker hugs from us! (virtually of course) and tell her to stay on the forum, it will help her focus and encourage her. I hope you are lurking at least, Hiker!!

Slip, hang in there - weather can be a pain in the plan. Foggy & rainy here with temps of 8C or so. Not nice for outdoor stuff.

Hi Jenny, Steph, Ruth Ann, Catlady, ecdcslim, Murrcat, and others I have missed sending you good vibes - keep up your hard work!

Liana
Old 02-09-2015, 11:50 PM   #33  

So funny Liana!! lol But, believe it or not, I actually knew that about the incline on treadmills in comparison to running outside. I normally run at an incline of at least 1 but couldn't even run at that with the way the treadmill was sitting. Its very strange that I can run faster outside, my hubby says the same thing which is ironic when the treadmill is supposed to be easier to run on! Crazy! I will pass on your regards to Hiker and tell her to come back!

Hi Slip! Hope you are hanging in with the weather. I feel your pain. We got more snow today and now it'll be chilly but warmer temps are coming and some sun, so will be patient a couple more days!

I am in major pms mode so today wasn't a great day for me. I am still drinking my water. I want to get eating more vegies though. I need to work at getting in more greens.

Take care everyone!!
Old 02-10-2015, 09:43 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hawaii, isn't it funny that a number of us are in pms mode at the same time!

Back to school today, believe me- I am tired tonight. Having issues with ice dams and a leak in the house. My brother came to the rescue and shoveled the snow off the roof.

Where is everyone? Want2b, Luccilove, Hiker, Schenectady????

For me, this plan only works when I work it. Get up, face the scale, try to eat clean, drink water and post here. Repeat,lol.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:22 AM   #35  

Hahahaha, Slip.....
Eat Sleep Rave (post) Repeat!
Old 02-11-2015, 11:22 AM   #36  

Height: 5'2

Hi all,

I made the long drive home yesterday and was blessed to have good driving conditions the whole way. Came home to icky weather in Calgary though. -11c and snow today. The dog is not enjoying it either. It was hard to convince her to go out to pee this morning.

Glad to be home and back to healthy eating. Have any of you tried the Ideal Protein Complete drinks? I really like the vanilla packet w/ frozen blueberries. I add more water than the packet calls for, otherwise it's way too sweet.

Have a great day everyone! The week is half over!

S.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:55 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hello my friends! I am still here and struggling. This will be my 2nd clean eating day, it's a start. I have been thinking about hiring a personal trainer to get a strength training program made up and to learn how to use the gym equipment. Today I took the plunge and talked to a trainer about this, we are going to meet in the next couple of weeks. I am pretty excited about it. Also DH and I signed up for a fun 5K run! I never thought I would be able to get DH to a 5K race! The race isn't until June so that will give us plenty of time to train. A 5K has been on my bucket list for about 7-8 years so this is huge for me. Today DH and I went out for lunch(OP of course), it is our 20th anniversary! Amazing how time flies.

Hope everyone is having a great day. You guys are an inspiration to me, you keep going no matter what. I am trying to keep that attitude to get back to where I want to be.
Old 02-11-2015, 05:05 PM   #38  

Hi all!

Nice to hear from you Want2B! Happy Anniversary! 20 years is great! Its good that you have signed up for a race, that is always motivating! And also getting a personal trainer will help you in learning exercises correctly and help you to keep going ahead. I need to do a run or walk on the treadmill today, feeling tired with tom this month but have missed a couple days already so need to get back at it! I need to get back on the scale, I usually avoid it for a couple days during tom as it goes up with water retention. But, will jump on tomorrow and see where I'm at. I take a day at a time and try and keep working at healthy eating and lifestyle. Its not easy but so worth it.

Steph; Glad you are back home safe and sound! And good for you to get back to the healthy eating.

Slip; Ya, kind of odd that its tom for so many of us! hee hee Seems to be a challenging time but I keep trying to get through, happens every month! And I agree, maintenance and losing weight is work. We need to stay determined and realize how the benefits are worth it and we keep at it. Consistency is the key!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-11-2015, 10:05 PM   #39  

Happy Anniversary, Want2b! Great idea to train with your DH for the race.

Steph, glad you made it home. Have not tried the IP complete drinks.

Hawaii, some days are just better than others,lol. You are right, determination and no huge upswings.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:48 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2bskinnyagain View Post
Hello my friends! I am still here and struggling. This will be my 2nd clean eating day, it's a start. I have been thinking about hiring a personal trainer to get a strength training program made up and to learn how to use the gym equipment. Today I took the plunge and talked to a trainer about this, we are going to meet in the next couple of weeks. I am pretty excited about it. Also DH and I signed up for a fun 5K run! I never thought I would be able to get DH to a 5K race! The race isn't until June so that will give us plenty of time to train. A 5K has been on my bucket list for about 7-8 years so this is huge for me. Today DH and I went out for lunch(OP of course), it is our 20th anniversary! Amazing how time flies.

Hope everyone is having a great day. You guys are an inspiration to me, you keep going no matter what. I am trying to keep that attitude to get back to where I want to be.
Hi want2b: There's an IP'er C25K thread on here that may be helpful? Not sure as I don't run anymore (unless being chased by something with fangs or a gun), lol. Hurts too much now. Let your trainer know about your 5K plans and they can incorporate some of that into your training.
Congrats on 20 yrs! We are headed for 33 yr anni in March .

Re: TOM - I know that women in close contact with one another end up with synced cycles due to pheromones, but maybe we are all in mentally close contact thru 3FC, hahaha, and that's what's doing it.

I have a feeling mine will just be a skipped one since I am 2 weeks late and no other signs of TOM. AND I am NOT preggers - I think I'd kill myself first, lol. I can't imagine having a baby at 51.

Liana
Old 02-12-2015, 04:50 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hawaii: Did you get your exercise in yesterday? How was the scale this morning? Fingers crossed it was friendly.

Slip: How are the kids this week? Any Valentine parties? I had 2 today, survived both of them! LOL

Liana: Congrats on the 33 years. Not sure where the time has gone. Thanks for the heads up on the Cto5K forum, I am going to check it out.

Had two Valentine parties today for the kids at work, happy to report I didn't eat anything. And I gave all my treats to my own kids! I got on the scale this morning, 155.8lbs. Still 5.8lbs above scream weight, not great but it is going down.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:58 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Hello ladies,
Hawaii- no wonder you were finding your runs hard. Uphill is though but it will make you a faster runner. Glad your DH fixed it. Your doing so well with your running.

Want2be- happy anniversary! 20 years is a huge accomplishment. That is great you and DH signed up for your first 5k. There are some great 5k training programs.

It is my TOM to and I broke out in a rash all over chest, back, arms and it seems to be spreading down my legs. Hoping it is making its way out my toes. No idea what caused it but glad it's not on my face and of course it's nothing serious like the measles.

Flying out to Florida tomoorow morning, we are in Buffalo now at the hotel.
Maybe the sun and warmth will fix me.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:26 PM   #43  

Jenny, sounds like an allergic reaction to medicine. Were you taking anything other than the prednisone? Have fun in the sun!

Want2b- kids have been pretty good, but the teacher (me) is wiped out by the end of the day. We are off this coming Mon. and Tuesday for President's Day. Seems goofy since we have been off so much for snow. Way to stay strong at the Valentine's parties. I am planning a free day this weekend, just not sure when.

Liana, I knew that women often sync cycles, but thought it was just weird that it seems to have happened here How are your parents doing?

Pms is running high here. Seem to be grazing on more healthy foods than I should. Thank goodness that there is nothing really tempting in the house!
Old 02-13-2015, 01:28 AM   #44  

Jenny, enjoy your holiday in Florida! Wishing I could go somewhere sunny again already.... A little rest in the sun will be just what you need to recharge your runner batteries

A bit of a 'positive' note on my parents: (thanks for asking, Slip) my mom has felt more like going outside for a walk up the road & back since the snow has melted off the roads. Before she wouldn't even stick her nose out the door, almost like agoraphobia; only the monthly doc apptmt was getting her out of the house and sometimes not even then, it would have to be rescheduled. Now, although it's a symptom of worsening dementia, she is getting a bit more exercise because she doesn't care if she's not looking her best when going out in public as much as she used to anymore. Dad is walking more with her, of course, and that can only be good for his blood sugars & waistline.

On a side note: I tried out an idea tonight I had for a new maintainer snack -
0% Greek yogourt 100g
tiny squirt of mio cherry/blackberry
1 tbs crunchy 100% natural peanut butter

Like a PB&J cheesecake! and decent macros: 150 cal, 4 net carbs, 8 fat, 13 protein. OK it's only 2:1 fat to carb, but still..... awesome way to stay on plan if you are feeling like indulgence. Very satisfying.

Liana
Old 02-13-2015, 02:30 AM   #45  

What to do on a quiet 12 hour site-guarding shift??? Take selfies, of course. This was taken in the awesome tile bathroom of the new big tire repair garage I was doing security for....
I want their decorator to do my place, pale grey paint, all flash modern steel diamond plate trim, deep grey ceramic tiling, with bright orange leather mid-century modern styled chairs in the TV waiting room and other bits of orange trim. I'll see if I can get a picture of the 'showroom' welcome area if I get a chance this weekend while I'm working there, but it's just before grand opening so maybe not, if it's a madhouse.
Liana
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001 (600x800).jpg (26.5 KB, 19 views)
Closed Thread