Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 04:56 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Thanks LUCCILOVE, chicken broth & tea today, lol.
I don't think it's the combining part that is the problem, I think it's that the fat level actually becomes too low if you are only using chicken, tofu, white fish, and not using as much beef or pork or fattier fish like salmon. I have seen it where people have been eating too much of the lighter meats/proteins and have stalled or slowed their losses. This diet is quite low in calories, carbs, AND fats, so going lighter still can backfire.
Mixing it up shouldn't hurt as long as one isn't just eating mainly lighter proteins.

Liana
Old 02-24-2015, 05:04 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

canadjineh - wow would never have thought about that. I think in my head you are right--I am trying to go lighter in proteins. Good point. I will make note of it.

They also only want me to eat red meat 2xs a week. Is lamb considered red meat? I don't think it is--just checking. Also can you have rack of lamb and just cut off most of the fat because I know it is fatty.

Also for chicken broth what brands do people use when on P1? They told me to do Wfoods low sodium but then I checked and there is sugar cane and carrots in it.

Sorry for the weirdo questions!
Old 02-24-2015, 05:09 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Luccilove; I rarely ate all my protein at once. I usually divided it between lunch and dinner and I had no problem losing.

Liana; Sorry you are having hormonal issues, no fun! I think everyone is different in symptons and how the changes affect them. I hope that things get better with your health and life will settle down.

Catlady; I enjoyed reading your answers to those questions. I could relate to them.

Having a strange day food wise, but I think not feeling well doesn't help. I am craving comfort food which I need to stay away from. I am trying to get some water in. And I'm hoping by tomorrow I can get back to some type of exercise.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:18 PM   #79  

Hey LUCCILOVE, is it your coach who wants you to only eat red meat 2x/wk or is it a doctor - for other health issues? That's silly, unless you have other health problems tied into the red meat... Technically lamb is not on the allowed list likely due to the amount of fat on it. See if you can get your hands on other red meats such as bison, deer, elk, rabbit, and if you aren't allergic try a seafood feast of shrimp, scallops, crab, & mussels in a jambalaya type veggie-based stew. Red meats are better for building more hemoglobin and may help with energy due to iron issues. Perhaps 'shaking things up a bit' will give you the bump you need. Hubby & I did a wonderful trout the other week, baked with just dillweed & lemon on it.

Soupwise, your best bet is homemade broth from bones (no carbs at all), or at least the boxed broths that are only meat based without sugars or starches added. Most of those that I have seen are organic. They do not last long after opening but they can easily be frozen in icecube trays and stored in the freezer for whenever you need pure broth.

Liana
Old 02-24-2015, 05:51 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

Tired day for me today. The scale was down 3 pounds this morning, so I am mid range. 3 pounds to go!

Liana, I can relate to your TOM woes. I never had pms before the last year and now TOM lasts at least 10 days. Water retention has always been an issue but now I weigh every day and see it! Migraines at the end have arrived too. Ugh!!!
Sorry that family stress is getting to you.

Andrea, I started the ON thread as a desperate 1st week newbie in Oct. 2013. I was so miserable detoxing from a long sugar and coca cola habit that I needed IP support from people who were suffering too! Feel free to join us. Such a great group of supportive ladies.

Luccilove- my clinic limited beef too. As for chicken broth, I used low sodium organic Swanson's. I am glad that you stopped your slide and that you could feel the difference in your body. I think it is when we become detached from our bodies that we get in trouble. It is hard work, but you are right- WE have got this!

Hawaii, this little Phase 1 week has cleaned up my thinking. I was getting too lax in my fat portions for sure. A week without will make me appreciate a <small> portion again soon! And I miss my avocado a lot!!!
Old 02-24-2015, 08:02 PM   #81  

Height: 5'2

Hi Luccilove,

As Liana said, lamb is not part of the IP protocol. Apparently it has too much fat. I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem to have once in a blue moon but could cause problems if you are eating it often. I would hate to be a vegetarian on IP. Eggs and tofu day in and day out would kill me. I like to switch it up and have a variety of protein otherwise I would reach diet fatigue at the speed of light. I mix up chicken, roast beef, tilapia, cod, pork tenderloin, ground beef, fat free ham, and eggs usually. I should throw in some scallops and salmon once in a while too. There's a great variety for us meat eaters! I just finished my Level 1 training for IP coaching and nowhere does it say to limit red meat to 2 x week. I don't know where your coach is getting that info.

Hi to you all!

Last edited by stephascope; 02-24-2015 at 08:03 PM.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:16 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Checking in! I am on the mend, thank goodness. I went to early morning spin today, could feel it in my chest but pushed thru. The last few days my eating have been great and I have been getting my water in. 6 weeks until DH and I go to Las Vegas for the weekend, my goal is to be at 150 lbs by then. 6 weeks and 11 pounds to go, seems like a very realistic goal.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:34 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Want2b - 11lbs down for your trip to Vegas is a great goal to work towards in the next 6 weeks. You got this!

Slipway to go getting into your mid range, you worked hard for that. You want to get in the low end of your range for a special event but I forget what it is? Your nieces wedding?

Liana - I hope things are better with your parents health and with their house. It sucks having a cold when you've got so much stuff going on. Hope that you are feeling better.

Luccilove - like Steph I usually ate a variety of protein I think if I kept things too lean my body just held on to stuff.

Andrea - loved reading you responses. I like wearing dresses now to.

Got go and put the kids to bed before they kill each other.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:31 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi,

Not such a clean day today, Phase 1 tomorrow.

Jenny, I have my SIL's 50th birthday spa weekend next week and that will be a food and wine Fest.(Just do not want to start this fun weekend at the top of my range). After that, my Thin-aversary is in June and my niece's wedding is in August. Lots of motivating occasions. What is happening with DH's job change? How was swimming!

Want2b- 11 pounds is def. possible! Plus you will be training for your run. Happy that you are feeling better.

Hi Steph! Glad your level 1 training is done. What happens next?

Luccilove, how ya doin in the snow?
Old 02-26-2015, 07:59 PM   #85  

Hi gals! the 'cold' is feeling better, mainly just a bit of issues in the morning and then around 8 or 9ish at night. Having my mouthguard in all night has been drying my mucous membranes overnight causing a very sore throat and very dry swollen sinuses when I wake. I couldn't hack it last night so I took it out at 1:30 and slept the rest of the night without it. Not sure why it's bothering me now, but maybe I am sleeping with my mouth hanging open because I'm not breathing properly. Hopefully this resolves itself soon.
I finally managed to NOT snack last night but it was a bit of a fight - I had to concentrate on talking myself through it, not my usual ability to say "Nah, I don't think I feel like a snack" nonchalantly.

I went over and coloured Mum's hair today and blowdried & styled it. She said it felt and looked so good (even though she had some resistance to doing it at all before we started). We are kind of at that stage where I am just chatty & breezy and bulldoze her into it nicely. The toilet problem (the house maintenance issue I referred to earlier) seems to have started to solve itself, I think because the water table has started to drop back down again after all the snow melt and the septic system is working 'more briskly.' The joys of living in the country...

I bought myself a pink & black checked fleece onesie with a hood and wrist & ankle cuffs that look like the sockmonkey work socks. It's Heaven!!! I wish I'd bought one a while ago, but there was a winter clearout 50% off sale at a local store so it was only $30. And SO worth it! If I get brave I may post a picture, lol.

Hope everyone is still hangin' in despite 'LIFE'. Slip, lots to look forward to these next few months!

Liana
Old 02-27-2015, 10:05 AM   #86  

Hi all!

Want2B; Vegas! Fun! Its always great to have a goal to work towards.

Jenny; I hope you are seeing more lbs drop! I'm sure you are.

Slip; A spa weekend sounds amazing! Yes, it always feels good to be in a good range, weight wise

Liana; I'm glad you are feeling better. The onesie sounds great.

Steph; Hows the training going? I'm interested to hear your prospective from a coaches point of view.

Luccilove; I hope things are still going well for you and the lbs are falling off.

I've had an interesting week of not feeling well so missed a couple days of exercise and eating was ok. I haven't weighed for a few days so I had no idea what the scale was going to say this morning but I am in high mid range so I am now going to try and get a couple more lbs off so I can make it back to my lower range. I felt better yesterday so I got a run in although I still felt like my energy wasn't 100% but I'm sure its because of just getting over the flu. Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-27-2015, 05:53 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Liana: Waiting for the pic! LOL. Sounds like something I should get, I am always cold.

Everyone has been talking about high and low ranges lately. I know what it is, I am just curious as to how much everyone's is, 5 pounds, 10 pounds? I was thinking 5 pounds would be good, but during TOM mine my weight could go up more than that. Do I just realize it is TOM and don't worry about the scale? Or do I have more of a wider range. Just curious.

Thank goodness it is Friday. I am still tired this week, and not sleeping well. Nothing planned this weekend, which I am ok with. Rest and relaxation! Fingers crossed for that. LOL. Hope everyone has a good weekend. Any fun plans?
Old 02-27-2015, 06:58 PM   #88  

Want2b; No fun plans this weekend, going to a wedding shower tomorrow. My scream weight is 8lbs more than my low range. So, my mid range is 3-5lbs higher than my low range. I always gain about 3-5lbs every month because of TOM and I know that it'll go away when I'm done, as long as I'm not eating crazy. I hope this answers your question.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:41 PM   #89  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

sorry for the dumb questions, but just curious what the O.N. stands for in this thread?? thx
Old 02-27-2015, 07:58 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
sorry for the dumb questions, but just curious what the O.N. stands for in this thread?? thx
Lol thank you for asking, I was wondering the same thing!
Closed Thread