Old 09-27-2014, 08:49 AM   #361  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Put me in the now/no libido camp, too.

Well, Day 1 of P1 today. Had to have a "last supper" of sorts last night. Oh my, that straightened me right out on all of this again. Felt terrible and slept terribly. I couldn't wait to get up today and "clean the house" as Evemomma has so aptly described it. Today will be basically the first round -- walking through the "house" with a trash can, picking up and throwing out the obvious trash. Tomorrow, maybe a good vacuuming; the next day, a fine dusting. LOVE this visual, Eve. Good work.

Wishing you a all successful, OP day ~
SylviesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 09:35 AM   #362  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Happy Saturday Maintainers!!!!!!!!

I am glad that the Housework Analogy seems to speak to everyone! I think my clients get crazy with all the metaphors I use in session.....just how my brain works. Enter at your own risk, lol!

Pretty alarming (and oddly comforting) to know so many of us are having the same issues with hormones. It's frustrating to be feeling so much better about myself and yet struggling in this arena. ChipNDip....my hubby has "joked" about the same. Ready to find some solutions, and quick!

I made a low-fat chili last night for my carb meal and accidentally spilled A LOT more dehydrated onions in than I intended. I was sooooo sick last night with a cramping stomach. I thought (and hoped) that I would be sick, but just had a knotted stomach most of the night. SO happy that it's much better today. This was the first time I had beans (only had a small portion), so I think it was the combo of onions and beans that did me in. Not looking forward to doing that again. I have had an almost complete respite from stomach issues since starting IP.....and was plagued with them before IP. So far in maintenance, I have tolerated different foods well. But not last night. Ugh!

I have some REAL house cleaning to do this weekend....and some "food house maintenance" work as well. Work, work, work!
evemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 10:07 AM   #363  
Started IP 2/13/13

I'm sorry about your stomach issues last night, Evemomma. I, too, had horrible stomach issues prior to IP and was so relieved when the IP way of eating seemed to help all that. It's unsettling the first time you experience that again. At least now we know how to stop it all.

I'm flushing with lots of fluids today and already starting to feel better. The house is getting picked up -- both literally and figuratively.
Old 09-27-2014, 10:10 AM   #364  
Started IP 2/13/13

Question

Hey, what happened to the "guy" to our "dolls" around here? I think Liana was calling him "Brad." I was enjoying his posts and then he was going to have dinner with that gal friend of his and he disappeared. Brad, if you're lurking -- come back and update us!
Old 09-27-2014, 10:28 AM   #365  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Hello all:

Its been great to read everyones posts. Welcome back SylviesGirl and it sounds like you are doing the right thing with getting back to P1. Maintenance has its challenges because life can throw crazy things at us at times. I've been experiencing that too, life gets in the way but I keep trying and for me, exercise helps. I need to keep at it.

Liana: Your pics made me smile. It looks like you know how to have fun!

Ruth Ann: So funny that you are watching a marathon of Chuck as my family has been doing the same. Entertaining show with some humor thrown in.

Eve,Jenny,Slip,Chip and anyone I've forgot, my memory isn't so great some days, thanks for your posts and I appreciate everyones honesty on here. When we are experiencing health challenges, its good to know that we aren't alone! I'm in my 40's and hormones aren't fun. I did a cleanse while losing but didn't notice a difference but it also didn't hurt me to do. I've done cleanses before but I think eliminating sugar and wheat and dairy, you are cleansing already! And drinking all that water also helps! Have a great Saturday everyone!
Hawaii69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 10:37 AM   #366  
Started IP 2/13/13

Hawaii -- Good morning! I have come to really enjoy exercise -- amazing how that works when you can actually move your body at will. BUT, that has been part of the problem for me in maintenance; exercise really increases my appetite, and I never really found a good balance for that. This time around, I will really take the time to learn exactly how much more I need to eat in order to feel good with exercise. Last time, I didn't eat enough and I think that lead to some bingeing and then stress/guilt eating. Ahhhh, it's all a process, isn't it.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:01 AM   #367  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

I start P3 breakfast on Thursday. I'm not a huge fruit eater but love apples. I'm heading to the apple farm today to get some fresh picked honey crisp. Yum!
ChipnDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 08:08 AM   #368  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
Hawaii -- Good morning! I have come to really enjoy exercise -- amazing how that works when you can actually move your body at will. BUT, that has been part of the problem for me in maintenance; exercise really increases my appetite, and I never really found a good balance for that. This time around, I will really take the time to learn exactly how much more I need to eat in order to feel good with exercise. Last time, I didn't eat enough and I think that lead to some bingeing and then stress/guilt eating. Ahhhh, it's all a process, isn't it.
That's been my experience, too. Once I upped my baseline calories, I stopped bingeing. After the long stretch on P1, it took the better part of a year to lose the fear of eating adequate calories and fats. I'm still tiptoeing around carbs: so far I do best staying under 70/day.
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 10:01 AM   #369  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Mars: I keep my carbs low also. It works for me! It is good to hear from you.

Sylviegirl: I am glad you are back on track and feeling in control.P1 does that. I am sorry about your dog. These animals become part of our family.

ChipnDip: I drive by apple orchards everyday on my way to work. I love Honey Crisps.

Hawaii: eliminating, wheat, sugar and dairy sounds healthy for you. I do appreciate everyone's honesty and also each person's own way of maintaining.

Evemomma: I hope you are feeling better today!

Liana: I also hope ypu are well. Your recipe looks excellent. I make one using cauliflower, pine nuts and golden raisins with pepper flakes. It is almost like yours. Good idea on the gouda.

Jenny: hope the dr helps you. Hormones are tricky!

Ruthann: I am glad you are healing and taking it easy before going back to work.

Slipfree: How is school? It gets better as time goes on.

Chipndip: being dizzy is hard and uncomfortable.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 10:19 AM   #370  
maintaining since 9/2013

Back atcha, Maile! You have been an anchoring force for me this past year.
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 11:11 AM   #371  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Hi Marshanks! We are all in this together. Maintenance is just as much work as losing..if not more. I am glad you are doing well.

I am changing my signature for Oct to 3 years of maintenance. I am in my range..usually 3 pounds..scream weight is 5 pounds up. I fit my clothes. Life is good in that way.
Work is still a major stress right now and I may go back to Hawaii again in a few weeks.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 12:43 PM   #372  
Started IP 2/13/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
That's been my experience, too. Once I upped my baseline calories, I stopped bingeing. After the long stretch on P1, it took the better part of a year to lose the fear of eating adequate calories and fats. I'm still tiptoeing around carbs: so far I do best staying under 70/day.
Yes! This is exactly where I have been. I think I have been so used to cutting calories wherever I could (pre-IP and then IP), that I do it without thinking and that has hurt my maintenance success at times. I would go several days doing "great," but, in hindsight, probably under-eating and then I would have an outburst and overeat. Then I would cut way back to make up for that and then another outburst and so on.

After this reset, I will do what you describe -- try to be more trusting of the fats and proteins and be cautious with the carbs, not so much focus on the calories. I really had a hard time trusting that before, but looking back this is where I struggled, I believe.

Good to see you doing well around here. It's a year for you now, right? Wow, well done.

Maile -- And 3 years for you?! Just amazing and so, so inspiring. I hope the stress in your life calms down soon.
Old 09-28-2014, 02:12 PM   #373  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Quick check in on this lovely Sunday!

Thanks for all the wisdom, Maile and Mars! As SyvliesGirl described it, I find it is hard to let myself eat more calories. I just got really used to restricting and find it somewhat comforting (and I say this, well aware that it can sound like a person with an eating disorder - which I do not have)....but I can see how it starts for sure!

Honestly, I have never had a huge appetite. Which is why I think I maintained a pretty healthy weight until about 4 years ago. Even though my eating habits weren't great, I was able to manage my caloric intake - and I was quite active. Once I started eating emotionally, those natural habits of mine couldn't help me anymore.

So now I just need to trust myself a little more. I have enjoyed my fun days but have not binged or felt like bingeing (sp?). I don't want to get in an unhealthy cycle of restricting and then overdoing it. I like Ruth Ann's advice of upping maintenance calories even as slowly as 100 a week, since I keep saying I will increase mine, and then I find I don't do it. Mental game for sure!!!!!!
evemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 02:25 PM   #374  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

Maile, school is okay. The kids take a LOT of energy to keep behavior in control and learning happening. At the end of the day, I am exhausted but not annoyed. They are not mean spirited kids, they just need strong boundaries and many redirections. Their behavior tends to ping off one another. I try to go in thinking that every day is a new day.

My one year anniversary since starting IP is Oct. 2. Congratulations on 3 years!!!

So I had my fun day yesterday with digestive consequences. Have been struggling with the big c, but after one meal of eating like I used to, that issue is resolved. Man, did I feel poorly. I think I need to incorporate a few more slow carbs into my plan to help with the big C. Positive note, no fun day gain today, lol.

Chip, how have you been feeling? Did you enjoy the breakfast?

Hawaii, enjoy the Zumba class.

Eve, what is the name of your Zumba DVD?

Mars, nice to know that it takes some time to figure this out, but that it can be done. Thanks for sharing what works for you.

Sylvie, I think maintenance is just about finding a balance. I used to eat my fun meal every night! Now, I know that I would be living in Twoderville again in no time with that type of diet. Progress not perfection.
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 03:48 PM   #375  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Happy late Sunday afternoon!

The weekends tend to fly by these days. Went for a 13km rolling hill run yesterday morning, not sure if I angered my knees or not. I officially registered for the 1/2 marathon Nov 2nd last week which is exciting and daunting.

Sylviesgirl & Mars, It is tricky figuring out the balance between the excesise and carbs. In the past (and still on an off day) will use excercise as an excuse to eat off plan. I may look at daily carb count to see if I can go higher and then see what the scale thinks about that.

Chipndip- it is a beautiful day for Apple picking. What was your first P3 breakfast?

Maille- we will have to celebrate your 3 year anniversary. So amazing that you have stayed within your 5lb range.

Hawaii sounds like you are doing well. Hope your having a good weekend

Slipfree- I hope your weekend was good and you had a chance to rest. Good luck with your students next week.

Ruth Ann - are you getting stir crazy yet? Your are doing a great job taking care of yourself.

Enjoy your evening ladies. Jhep I to am curious how you are doing, you were on a roll meeting all your goals
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote