Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 06:37 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home pageD
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 10-13-2014, 07:59 AM   #2  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Happy Monday all!! Shout out to Catlady...WTG!!

4 day weekend here (Professional Day at schools last Friday and Columbus Day today)!! Been a long one tho.......Hubby has been visiting with our daughter who's studying abroad this semester (quick 4 day trip), and I'm home with our autistic son. We BOTH miss Daddy needless to say (we've had a great time....just tiring lol)! . Looking forward to some normalcy as he arrives home this evening!

Made chicken Zoodle Soup yesterday (thanks for everyone's input.....as a cook I AM NOT)! Came out great!! My Best Friend just told me that she'd LOVE to test out recipes for me if I send her the info (she LOVES to cook)!! I'll be taking advantage of that for sure!!

Ordered the Beck book.....can't wait for it to arrive as many on here say it's a great read!! .

Hope you all have a MAGICAL Monday!!
Old 10-13-2014, 08:03 AM   #3  

Good morning!
Busy weekend getting ready for my trip. Last minute shopping and planning. Hoping to squeeze a mani/pedi in today before I go in to the church office. Yesterday was my 6 month anniversary on the program and I am continually amazed at how far I have come in such a short time. I look and feel so much better already. I still have a long way to go, but I feel more confident than ever that I will make it!
Old 10-13-2014, 08:18 AM   #4  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Happy Monday and Happy Easter Monday to all the Canadian peeps . I am glad to have the day off and am re-booting (once again) but am determined to not set side tracked.. I want to see onederland by Jan 1 and am determined to stay op. It will have to be alternatives as I live in a rural area and no clinics around so will keep it simple at first.. I know IP works its a matter of planning and just sticking to it..
Old 10-13-2014, 08:43 AM   #5  

Default Beck Diet Solution Daily Tip

Monday Motivation: In dieting (as in life) everybody makes mistakes. You’re entitled to make mistakes – but you’re not entitled to let the memory of those mistakes get in your way. Wipe your slate clean and get started right this moment!
Old 10-13-2014, 08:52 AM   #6  
Restart - June17/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Monday Motivation: In dieting (as in life) everybody makes mistakes. You’re entitled to make mistakes – but you’re not entitled to let the memory of those mistakes get in your way. Wipe your slate clean and get started right this moment!
well said - that is my plan for today
Old 10-13-2014, 09:16 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/145.6/125

Height: 5'3"

Good morning, kids are out of school today in Austin but mom has to work. Oh well, sometimes it's easier to stay on a schedule. Had a good weekend, ate out yesterday for the first time. Had a salad, steak & grilled asparagus. Wasn't as hard as I thought. Had some moments this weekend, emotional ones that normally would have sent me reaching for a high fat/high sugar food or beer or glass of wine but I overcame the moment very quickly. It's the little successes we should remember to celebrate because they add up to a bigger success in the end.

I tried the crispy cereal pancakes with WF syrup, love it, this will be my new weekend breakfast going forward, felt like a treat.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:35 AM   #8  
Started IP Sep 12/14

S/C/G: 271.9/235/150 or 140

Height: 5'7" (Age 51)

Default 100 lbs Till Goal and Lovin' It...

Good Morning all you lovely ladies. I'm so excited, I got on the scales this morning and it said 250 lbs..right on the nose. So today marks exactly 100 lbs till goal.

I ordered the Beck book last night. Can't wait to be even more inspired than I already am

Andi

Old 10-13-2014, 09:54 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

[QUOTE=Miss_Andi;5081372]Good Morning all you lovely ladies. I'm so excited, I got on the scales this morning and it said 250 lbs..right on the nose. So today marks exactly 100 lbs till goal.

I ordered the Beck book last night. Can't wait to be even more inspired than I already am

Andi

Good Job!

I am working in the office today. Only 2 days till I leave for California.... I had a good weekend all in all. Out to eat last night but I have Outback mastered as to what I ask for and we go so often we usually get the same server and he knows LOL.

Need to finish up cutting veggies this afternoon. Will make due with what is in the fridge and go shopping the Tuesday I get home. Don't want to buy just to waste in the garbage!

Making chicken for dinner tonight. Tired of the same old way so may look thru and try to find a new way to make it that the whole family will eat...
Old 10-13-2014, 10:07 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

P1W3D1

Morning all, super sore from my run yesterday, but it feels GOOD! Weigh-in shows a drop of 4.5lbs this week!

Hope everyone had a great weekend
Old 10-13-2014, 10:58 AM   #11  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRev View Post
Yesterday was my 6 month anniversary on the program and I am continually amazed at how far I have come in such a short time. I look and feel so much better already. I still have a long way to go, but I feel more confident than ever that I will make it!
You are doing super FANTASTIC!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarington45 View Post
I am re-booting (once again) but am determined to not set side tracked.. I want to see onederland by Jan 1 and am determined to stay op. It will have to be alternatives as I live in a rural area and no clinics around so will keep it simple at first.. I know IP works its a matter of planning and just sticking to it..
It DOES WORK......(and so does using Alternatives... ). There are soooo many great idea on the "Alternatives" thread! Best wishes on your re-boot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
AMEN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster2014 View Post

I tried the crispy cereal pancakes with WF syrup, love it, this will be my new weekend breakfast going forward, felt like a treat.
Yummy!! When I did IP back in 2011 I used IP products....that was my breakfast most mornings! I also had pancakes this morning....but used Maple Groves SF pancake mix!! Yum!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Andi View Post
Good Morning all you lovely ladies. I'm so excited, I got on the scales this morning and it said 250 lbs..right on the nose. So today marks exactly 100 lbs till goal.

. Congrats on 100!!! (waiting for my copy to arrive too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post

Good Job!

I am working in the office today. Only 2 days till I leave for California.... I had a good weekend all in all. Out to eat last night but I have Outback mastered as to what I ask for and we go so often we usually get the same server and he knows LOL.

Need to finish up cutting veggies this afternoon. Will make due with what is in the fridge and go shopping the Tuesday I get home. Don't want to buy just to waste in the garbage!

Making chicken for dinner tonight. Tired of the same old way so may look thru and try to find a new way to make it that the whole family will eat...
Please let us know what you end up making!! .
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedDieter View Post
P1W3D1

Morning all, super sore from my run yesterday, but it feels GOOD! Weigh-in shows a drop of 4.5lbs this week!

Holy Guacamole that's AWESOME!! Congrats !!
Old 10-13-2014, 11:09 AM   #12  
Restart - June17/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Andi View Post

Andi

Fabulous Job! WTG
Old 10-13-2014, 11:10 AM   #13  
Restart - June17/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedDieter View Post
P1W3D1

Great job!! very inspirational!
Old 10-13-2014, 11:42 AM   #14  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
4 day weekend here (Professional Day at schools last Friday and Columbus Day today)!! Been a long one tho.......

Made chicken Zoodle Soup yesterday (thanks for everyone's input.....as a cook I AM NOT)! Came out great!! My Best Friend just told me that she'd LOVE to test out recipes for me if I send her the info (she LOVES to cook)!! I'll be taking advantage of that for sure!!
I probably asked you this at some point before but where in MA are you? We're in Foxboro and had a PD day Friday too, but I know a lot of schools still had regular days on Friday.

I love the idea of Chicken Zoodle soup!!
Old 10-13-2014, 11:50 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 164.5/131.4/130

Height: 5'2.5"

Happy Monday!!

I had to take my 9 year old little girl to the dr this morning and she has a middle ear infection (boo!) but sent her to school after the dr - and we will get the Rx drops after school/work...felt kinda bad for making her go to school but you gotta do what you gotta do! I have all my vacation days planned out for the rest of the year to coordinate when my kids are out of school so I can spend some time with them! I only have 2 sick days for the rest of the year and wanted to save those if one my kids get really sick...so, feeling kinda like a bad mommy this morning

I had my WI this morning and lost .8 this week - I will take it! Of course, my goal this week was to hit 134.5 so I can officially say I have lost 30 lbs but I weighed in at 134.6! .1 to go to get to 30 lbs!

Last edited by SallyE; 10-13-2014 at 11:50 AM.
Closed Thread