Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 12:48 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

I'll have to try buying the flat leaf kale and try it in the microwave... it's too hot here right now to do regular kale chips with curly kale in the oven (which I love). Storing the chips?... what is this 'storing' you speak of? lol I eat the whole cookie sheet as soon as it's cool enough to handle - did that for 3 trays in a row last time I made them. They don't even get set onto a plate, I eat them straight from the oven.

Liana
Old 07-29-2014, 08:11 AM   #17  

canadjineh: me too! I love kale chips!

So, yesterday was my p1 restart. If only every IP day could be as easy as yesterday! I split dinner protein due to lunch with friends. It worked well. For some reason, it doesn't work as well doing it that way during the regular work week (I'm a teacher & go back to work next Tuesday). I get hungrier if I have a salad-only lunch. But thank goodness for a easy restart.

I haven't gotten a thyroid check since returning home from vacation yet. I've gotta get that done this week. For those who don't know me, thyroid & ensuing plateau was the reason I took a p1 break.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:20 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Good luck to you Lisa. I admire your stamina and commitment!
Old 07-29-2014, 08:49 AM   #19  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBell101 View Post
Hi peeps! I started in July. July 3rd to be exact and am a bit OCD regarding staying on program if for no other reaso than the cost!!! I do not want to waste my time or money. So far I have lost 14 pounds, that averages out to 3-4 pounds a week . Nice.
How do you post a members thread in in part of a message like I see in the top of some of the messages on here??? Any help would be appreciated. Good night peeps. We got this!!!
Hi Bluebell - welcome and congrats on your losses! I was like you in P1 - in part because of the money! It's not a bad way to go.

I'm unclear what you're asking about on the "members thread" so I am not much help on that. If you're talking about the ticker that shows your weight loss you have to wait until you've been a member 20 days and made 20 posts to get one of those.

Welcome back Lisa! Keeping my fingers crossed for smooth sailing right to goal for you.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:45 AM   #20  
Start: 5/7/14

S/C/G: 205/137/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
How do you post a members thread in in part of a message like I see in the top of some of the messages on here??? Any help would be appreciated.
Bluebell, are you asking about a quote like this ^? You use the quote button down at the lower right of the comment you want to quote.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:37 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
canadjineh: me too! I love kale chips!

So, yesterday was my p1 restart. If only every IP day could be as easy as yesterday! I split dinner protein due to lunch with friends. It worked well. For some reason, it doesn't work as well doing it that way during the regular work week (I'm a teacher & go back to work next Tuesday). I get hungrier if I have a salad-only lunch. But thank goodness for a easy restart.

I haven't gotten a thyroid check since returning home from vacation yet. I've gotta get that done this week. For those who don't know me, thyroid & ensuing plateau was the reason I took a p1 break.
Welcome back to P1, Lisa. I have high hopes that your time off for your health will bring you great success on P1. We are all cheering you on!
Old 07-29-2014, 01:20 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Way to go on your first day back at P1, Lisa! You will get to goal in a healthy way and feel amazing, I am sure of it! Too bad the wii scale was broken

Liana
Old 07-29-2014, 03:50 PM   #23  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

I have only been in this forum for a few weeks but I can see that you are a real trooper, Lisa!

You have been on hiatus, but you launch the daily threads on 3FC Ideal Protein sub-forum -- you start new ones when the long standing threads reach maximum posts, paste the great recipe and FAQ links at the start of the new threads making navigation to them easy for all of us, and all this time you are patiently waiting for the medical ok to resume P1.

I love your signature that shows your Before and Current photos - your results are already inspiring to someone like me who has 80 lbs to lose.
I feel honored to be on the journey with you, and I am confident that you will consistently contribute to the success of all of us on this forum.
So glad that now you are able to put your IP expertise to work for you!

Last edited by oneuh2; 07-29-2014 at 03:51 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 05:03 PM   #24  

obeuh2: aw shucks, thanks!
I've been concerned that if I strayed too far away from the forum, I wouldn't get back to p1. So I stuck.

Its been hugely difficult to watch others lose weight when I was gaining a little (on purpose).

Weirdly, i see my body NO DIFFERENT than I saw my body at 260. I wear many sizes smaller than that. But this small weight gain has really affected me. I can't wait to get back to where I was & then some!
Old 07-29-2014, 06:48 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 236/220/155

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
I was away from the 3fc site for about a year, so if this has already came up forgive me. My sister sent me this for Kale Chips from the microwave. I will give it a try. Let me know if you already do this and how you like it. I'm pumped up because they would be very quick to do, smaller batches so I'm not tempted to eat more than I should of them at a time, and I have some kale in the garden just waiting for me.

From the NPR food blog and America's Test Kitchen

Kale Chips

If you've somehow missed that kale chips are a "thing," with recipes flooding cooking sites and packages of commercially made chips now turning up even in ordinary supermarkets, trust us: Tossing torn leaves of kale with oil and salt and baking them until crispy is a worthwhile endeavor. The slightly browned leaves take on a nutty, sweet taste and a pleasing, brittle texture. But the standard oven approach isn't perfect: It's hard to get the leaves evenly browned; plus, it's difficult to drive off enough moisture so that the chips stay crispy when stored for more than a few hours. So when we noticed a few blogs promoting a microwave method, we were eager to give it a try. We found that the microwave dehydrates the leaves evenly and thoroughly, so they stay crispy longer — and the chips cook a whole lot faster than they do in the oven. (Note: For the best texture, we prefer to use flatter Lacinato kale. We also found that collard greens work well, but we don't recommend curly-leaf kale, Swiss chard, or curly-leaf spinach, all of which turn dusty and crumbly when crisped.) Here's our take on the technique.

5 oz. kale (about 1/2 bunch)

kosher salt to taste

Remove stems from kale. Tear leaves into 2-inch pieces; wash and thoroughly dry, then toss well with 4 teaspoons oil in large bowl. Spread roughly one-third of leaves in single layer on large plate and season lightly with kosher salt. Microwave for 3 minutes. If leaves are crispy, transfer to serving bowl; if not, continue to microwave leaves in 30-second increments until crispy. Repeat with remaining leaves in 2 batches. Store chips in airtight container for up to 1 week.
. Thank you for posting this Kale Recipie, can't wait to try it!!!
Old 07-29-2014, 06:54 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
obeuh2: aw shucks, thanks!
I've been concerned that if I strayed too far away from the forum, I wouldn't get back to p1. So I stuck.

Its been hugely difficult to watch others lose weight when I was gaining a little (on purpose).

Weirdly, i see my body NO DIFFERENT than I saw my body at 260. I wear many sizes smaller than that. But this small weight gain has really affected me. I can't wait to get back to where I was & then some!
Hi- how do you put photos on your profile like that? Is it complicated? I would like to share my before and after photos eventually with everyone..... you look amazing by the way
Old 07-29-2014, 07:04 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Hi Bluebell - welcome and congrats on your losses! I was like you in P1 - in part because of the money! It's not a bad way to go.

I'm unclear what you're asking about on the "members thread" so I am not much help on that. If you're talking about the ticker that shows your weight loss you have to wait until you've been a member 20 days and made 20 posts to get one of those.

Welcome back Lisa! Keeping my fingers crossed for smooth sailing right to goal for you.
Hi Ruth Ann- Wow you have done an amazing job on your weight loss you look greatI like what you did with your plastic bags & food. I am not even sure now what I was asking about regarding the "members thread" ugghh...I am a little slow and still trying to figure out all the buttons and getting around. Doing much better now....but have a long way to go. It is always like this with me and computers, phones, etc.. Lol. You inspire me and all the others on here seem so supportive and nice. Should be an awsome journey!
Old 07-29-2014, 07:25 PM   #28  

Quote:
Hi- how do you put photos on your profile like that? Is it complicated? I would like to share my before and after photos eventually with everyone..... you look amazing by the way
Thank you.
You do it under user CP. Mine is in my signature. The most complicated part is to get a pic that isn't too big!
Old 07-29-2014, 08:55 PM   #29  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Hi Ruth Ann- Wow you have done an amazing job on your weight loss you look greatI like what you did with your plastic bags & food. I am not even sure now what I was asking about regarding the "members thread" ugghh...I am a little slow and still trying to figure out all the buttons and getting around. Doing much better now....but have a long way to go. It is always like this with me and computers, phones, etc.. Lol. You inspire me and all the others on here seem so supportive and nice. Should be an awsome journey!
Thank you BlueBell - you're so sweet! I really couldn't have done it without everyone here - so much support and understanding. Having people who really "get" what you're doing makes all the difference in the world.

And you'll be sporting a great "before and after" pic before you know it!
Old 07-30-2014, 01:01 AM   #30  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Well Lisa, when you were starting your holiday and I was still working, I was jealous. I can't believe you go back NEXT WEEK! I have been into my room several days getting it ready as I had to move rooms but I am very grateful for some more time off. The weather has been so horrible we haven't even been to the beach yet! Yikes!
Closed Thread