Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 12:10 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
If you have one egg with 3 egg whites, it counts as an unrestricted packet
You don't double-dip and also subtract from dinner meat.

Your coach won't want you doing this. They don't sell product when you do. Best to just list it as an omelet packet.
Gotcha! This will help me a lot! You're brilliant - thanks for all the help and support you share on these forums!
Old 05-11-2014, 01:01 PM   #62  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
My girlfriend snacks on a serving of almonds every afternoon when she tutors at school and thus has to stay a few hours later than normal. Are these considered a good snack for maintenance? Some sea salt almonds are delish!

Best Mother's Day quote ever! Definitely makes this journey worth it! Congrats!

Happy Mother's Day, everyone!!
In canada we can buy a box of Planter's Peanut natural almond 100 calorie pack. Already portion controlled. If you only take one, you can't eat too many like you can with a whole can. Or just device into baggies of about 12.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:17 PM   #63  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
In canada we can buy a box of Planter's Peanut natural almond 100 calorie pack. Already portion controlled. If you only take one, you can't eat too many like you can with a whole can. Or just device into baggies of about 12.
Know thyself. This wouldn't stop me from going back for more. Some things just need to not live at my house
Old 05-11-2014, 03:21 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 260

Height: 5'4

suffering keto-flu day 3
Old 05-11-2014, 04:22 PM   #65  

RenK:
Have some extra salt. It helps.
Drink some tea and take naps.
Old 05-11-2014, 04:29 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 230/230/150

Height: 5'7"

Default I will remember that

[QUOTE=ChipnDip;5002049]You will definitely find there are some things you like more than others. I couldn't eat the omelette at all. I just use a few egg whites instead. And I often don't count them either. Nit everyday though, usually just weekends. If you keep a whole egg with two whites you can consider it a sub for a package.

I will remember that Chipndip... I had to pretend I was eating something else not eggs... Had the broccoli soup for lunch not my favorite either but the chocolate drink I had for a snack was good so I'm sure I will get by...
Old 05-11-2014, 04:34 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 192/180

Height: 5'2"

Today I made rolls out of the potato purée. They were pretty tasty with a salad. Trying to stick with program and hope eventually it will start working. Any suggestions of what to fix with sauerkraut?
Old 05-11-2014, 04:39 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcintyst View Post
Today I made rolls out of the potato purée. They were pretty tasty with a salad. Trying to stick with program and hope eventually it will start working. Any suggestions of what to fix with sauerkraut?
Pork tenderloin is good with sauerkraut. I also add a bit of WF apple butter while cooking.
Old 05-11-2014, 04:48 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcintyst View Post
Some of the gals do 'Reuben in a bowl" kinda like Big Mac in a bowl but using no-sugar corned beef (if you can find it). Check out the Big Mac in a Bowl Thread on Ideal Protein Diet forum to find it.
Old 05-11-2014, 04:56 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

[QUOTE=Kat360;5002202]
Quote:
You will definitely find there are some things you like more than others. I couldn't eat the omelette at all. I just use a few egg whites instead. And I often don't count them either. Nit everyday though, usually just weekends. If you keep a whole egg with two whites you can consider it a sub for a package.

I will remember that Chipndip... I had to pretend I was eating something else not eggs... Had the broccoli soup for lunch not my favorite either but the chocolate drink I had for a snack was good so I'm sure I will get by...
I usually doctor the soup a bit with garlic powder and cayenne, then make it with a bit less water and pour over veggies (usually broccoli/cauliflower from a steamer bag). You can also purée veggies into it which makes them thicker and heartier!
Old 05-11-2014, 05:32 PM   #71  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

I had a pretty good weekend. Didn't make it OP though. I went out Friday with friends and ended up having a few drinks. I've still been eating OP and no problems since. The time out with my friends was fantastic and I don't really regret it. Although I plan to be 100% back OP for the remainder of the weight loss. Moving forward and not looking back.
Old 05-11-2014, 05:35 PM   #72  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
They would be for someone with portion control restraint.
Nuts just taste like "more" to me.
I can totally get that. Luckily she packs her one serving and brings it to school, so there is no "bag" to dig into. When they're gone, they're gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearciuil View Post
How's everybody's weather? It's snowing here, with a Winter Weather Advisory through noon tomorrow. This after a couple of weeks of temperatures in the 70s(°F).
Snow?!?! If i remember correctly, you are in CT? It was about 80 F here. I got some sun sitting out back! It was simply fabulous! I hope you get some warmth AND some relief from your cold symptoms soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Reen and Lisa- I am finding it harder to resit nuts and keep to a small handful. Am actually trying to go snack free now...since I am terrified of creep as far as the weight and can see how nuts could cause that. They are high in calories and it is EASY to go over. Instead am trying to focus on making sure I get enough to eat to feel satisfied and to fill my calorie needs at meal time. This way I can be reasonable and have that chat with my self that :

I KNOW I've had what my body needs.And then I go open my closet.And look at the new wardrobe.And I change my outfit.Even if it is the end of the day.

Also I keep an EAS choc shake out on the counter...I can have that as a snack if I am really starving...which I have noticed mid afternoon if we had a lighter dinner the night before. Which is also why I'm trying to be sure to get enough at the 3 meals.

Finding the process of analyzing all of this is never ending!
Love this plan! Way to go!

Quote:
Yup, pack and go. We have to train ourselves. However, if something is a trigger food, it might be best to avoid it.
Old 05-11-2014, 05:51 PM   #73  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

Default Made it through brunch!

Just came back from an annual Mother's Day brunch and stayed on plan! Figure if I can do that on day 4 I can do anything!
Old 05-11-2014, 06:32 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
Snow?!?! If i remember correctly, you are in CT? It was about 80 F here. I got some sun sitting out back! It was simply fabulous! I hope you get some warmth AND some relief from your cold symptoms soon!
Nope. One of those other states that begins with a "C"--in flyover country.

Thanks for the good wishes. My nose is drying up, but now I'm coughing.
Old 05-11-2014, 06:48 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Renee, it is 75 degrees and sunny in CT. Spent the entire day in the garden, planting OP friendly veggies, herbs and deck flower boxes. So wonderful to be outside.
Closed Thread