Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2014, 11:02 AM   #46  
Senior Member
 
65X65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,341

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayze View Post
Happy Mother's Day! Day fours for me feels much better than day 3. I was hungry and tired all day. Brought my daughter to a bday party where Pizza was bountiful. Hard! Drank a ton of h2o this am than made a coffee/cappuccino drink. Going to do my food prep for the week this evening, a big change for me.

I have a lovely Mother's Day brunch at a friends this afternoon. I'm bringing some things to snack on and feel strong and committed.

Thanks!
Congrats on getting the rest of your life underway. Your gift to your kids is the best ever....You know you can make a real P1 omelette and take it with you to reheat in the microwave...!? Use the packet...or whole egg and egg whites...add some spinach and peppers and mushrooms. No one has to know there is no cheese...and bring a bed of romaine to eat it on.

Cheers
65X65 is offline  
Old 05-11-2014, 11:03 AM   #47  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14
 
ChipnDip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 763

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat360 View Post
Today I start phase 1. I'm nervous, excited and a we bit broke now this week but from what I keep reading on these forums I know I made the right choice to start Ideal Protein!! Going to try the omelet this morning I hope I like the food. Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there

You will definitely find there are some things you like more than others. I couldn't eat the omelette at all. I just use a few egg whites instead. And I often don't count them either. Nit everyday though, usually just weekends. If you keep a whole egg with two whites you can consider it a sub for a package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully1961 View Post
Day 38 for me and for the first time since I started program I am "wanting" a sandwich. I am big on food texture so I think it is the texture of the bread I am missing. Any suggestions/recommendations that might satisfy this?
I've seen a cauliflower bread stick / pizza crust too but I haven't tried it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotian_Sweetie View Post
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms

Today is day six on IP for me. My week started out fabulous. I felt clear-headed, energetic, and positive. Then Friday evening I was pretty tired and had a low-medium headache. I went to bed pretty early (9:30 ish) but woke up still tired on Saturday. I tried to motor through Saturday but ended up so tired, foggy brained, and my headache was so bad that I was in bed asleep at 8:00PM. I slept until about 7:00 this morning, and am feeling a lot better. (Slightly 'hung over' feeling still but not nearly what I was feeling). I read that this could be the 'keto-flu' and/or that I might need to add some more salt in (I've been sprinkling it on my food lightly, but not really measuring so I am going to start trying to measure it better).

I attempted the pancakes this morning. It turned into a gloopy mess, so I read about the crispy cereal pancakes and made that instead. It was great! Almost like the real thing. I used the WF syrup and was very pleased. Yum! I ended up wasting a packet, but on the plus side, since the pancakes were restricted and the crispy cereal is not (I think?! - I will double check that one), that means I can have a restricted item later today instead. I will definitely be doing this again soon.
Try the pudding pancake/waffle too. I liked it better than the crispy cereal one.

I still get the odd foggy day. I think I slept all day on Good Friday, but I was 110% the next day. I didn't have any of the first week ketoflu symptoms though.
ChipnDip is offline  
Old 05-11-2014, 11:24 AM   #48  
Senior Member
 
65X65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,341

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default Link to reference to Dr. Oz guest

http://dr-oz.com/4-biggest-diet-lies-that-keep-you-fat/
65X65 is offline  
Old 05-11-2014, 11:37 AM   #49  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 4

Default Quick question

I just started IP on Thursday and Have 2 quick questions- can you have Ahi Poke for a protein? Can you have wasabi with soy sauce? Thanks for any help or advice you can give.
Maalaea is offline  
Old 05-11-2014, 11:49 AM   #50  
Senior Member
 
schenectady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Metro Seattle
Posts: 937

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnalosit View Post
Happy Mother's Day everyone!

It has been a rough two weeks for me. I went totally off plan for 10 days, I could make some excuses but I won't. I could have planned better for the situation but I didn't.

The good news is that I still managed to lose 1.4 lbs over those two weeks. Being back in ketosis feels great! Never thought I would say that but it is true. I'm bummed that this time threw off my 3lb/wk average but I am going to hard to work to get back there.

Anyway, I am glad to be back on track and ready for a great week!
gnalosit - this IP program is a journey like any other...some of us encounter more detours and roadblocks that others. Just hang in there, do not kick yourself or remonstrate. The weight battle is an ongoing one and it is how you handle the downs that determines the ups.


I do know that planning works for me and then when son or sons comes home for whatever, my life, my schedule, and my focus seem to go out the window. Today, I am driving number 2 son back to college, the third 10 hour round trip in a WEEK! Not planned.....long stretches of road with no stopping places makes water consumption challenging and I just lose it.

So I am back and know I can do this. What is done is done and as Scarlet O'Hara said "tomorrow is another day". OK, Ruth Ann and 65X65 and Lisa, I know you all have much more prosaic and appropriate quotes but I am feeling kicky.

When I picked up my son I was wearing a new outfit from a new thrift store I discovered...black leather Chico boots, skinny Not My Daughter's Jeans (skinny), black leather belt with silver handcrafted big buckle. black top with leather trim, he looked at me and said admiringly, "Mom, you look dangerous"! IP IS WORTH IT FOR THAT MOMENT ALONE!

Last edited by schenectady; 05-11-2014 at 11:50 AM.
schenectady is offline  
Old 05-11-2014, 11:57 AM   #51  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25
 
ReenHag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Maryland, U.S.A.
Posts: 377

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
65
Again, you are so right!
We recently had weekend guests and I didn't realize how little we (DH and I) snack until they were here snacking all the time!

This is a huge change for me over the last couple years. Definitely a change in the right direction!

I'll probably keep the snack down to one small item per day in maintenance, just like p1. And I'll make sure it has protein. A big one to control insulin production.
My girlfriend snacks on a serving of almonds every afternoon when she tutors at school and thus has to stay a few hours later than normal. Are these considered a good snack for maintenance? Some sea salt almonds are delish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
When I picked up my son I was wearing a new outfit from a new thrift store I discovered...black leather Chico boots, skinny Not My Daughter's Jeans (skinny), black leather belt with silver handcrafted big buckle. black top with leather trim, he looked at me and said admiringly, "Mom, you look dangerous"! IP IS WORTH IT FOR THAT MOMENT ALONE!
Best Mother's Day quote ever! Definitely makes this journey worth it! Congrats!

Happy Mother's Day, everyone!!
ReenHag is offline  
Old 05-11-2014, 12:06 PM   #52  
IP start Aug 2012
Thread Starter
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 8,219

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
My girlfriend snacks on a serving of almonds every afternoon when she tutors at school and thus has to stay a few hours later than normal. Are these considered a good snack for maintenance? Some sea salt almonds are delish!
They would be for someone with portion control restraint.
Nuts just taste like "more" to me.
lisa32989 is offline  
Old 05-11-2014, 12:09 PM   #53  
IP start Aug 2012
Thread Starter
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 8,219

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
You will definitely find there are some things you like more than others. I couldn't eat the omelette at all. I just use a few egg whites instead. And I often don't count them either. Nit everyday though, usually just weekends. If you keep a whole egg with two whites you can consider it a sub for a package. .
That is for jumbo eggs
For large, use 1 whole & 3 egg whites to equal an omelet pack
lisa32989 is offline  
Old 05-11-2014, 12:44 PM   #54  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37

S/C/G: 156/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayze View Post
Happy Mother's Day! Day fours for me feels much better than day 3. I was hungry and tired all day. Brought my daughter to a bday party where Pizza was bountiful. Hard! Drank a ton of h2o this am than made a coffee/cappuccino drink. Going to do my food prep for the week this evening, a big change for me.

I have a lovely Mother's Day brunch at a friends this afternoon. I'm bringing some things to snack on and feel strong and committed.

Thanks!
Stay strong! Going out with friends to eat/happy hour/etc. seems like one of the hardest parts of IP.
lycheetea is offline  
Old 05-11-2014, 12:45 PM   #55  
AmberLS
 
AmberLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 634

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully1961 View Post
Day 38 for me and for the first time since I started program I am "wanting" a sandwich. I am big on food texture so I think it is the texture of the bread I am missing. Any suggestions/recommendations that might satisfy this?
Use the IP potato or any of the IP puddings, also the IP broccoli cheese soup to make yourself some "bread"

Standard recipe - one or two egg whites, 1/2tsp baking powder, a pinch of salt and seasonings to taste depending on what your goal flavor is. For broccoli cheese soup and potato packets I use garlic and make bread that I put tuna on.
AmberLS is offline  
Old 05-11-2014, 12:51 PM   #56  
Senior Member
 
Fearciuil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 166

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Height: 5'4"

Default

I've never been a fan of jerky of any kind, so that's not a problem. Avoiding snacking (except for the one that's part of the protocol) isn't a problem most days, though I am aware that I will need to pay attention during maintenance ... which is something I'm (timewise) not even halfway to, so my brain has relegated it to a hypothetical "sometime in the future, concentrate on 'now'."

How's everybody's weather? It's snowing here, with a Winter Weather Advisory through noon tomorrow. This after a couple of weeks of temperatures in the 70s(F).

What would make me really happy right now would be to lose the sniffles and coughing and sneezing from my cold....
Fearciuil is offline  
Old 05-11-2014, 12:51 PM   #57  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37

S/C/G: 156/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Default eggs as a packet sub?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
That is for jumbo eggs
For large, use 1 whole & 3 egg whites to equal an omelet pack
Oh this is helpful! I have been trying to find threads that talk about "real food" subs. I usually like something savory in the morning, and I don't love the omlette packs (not to mention they are pricey!) So, it's ok to have the eggs as an IP pack substitution? I have heard you can do that, but then it counts against your overall 8 oz of real protein for the day in Phase I?
lycheetea is offline  
Old 05-11-2014, 12:54 PM   #58  
IP start Aug 2012
Thread Starter
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 8,219

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycheetea View Post
Oh this is helpful! I have been trying to find threads that talk about "real food" subs. I usually like something savory in the morning, and I don't love the omlette packs (not to mention they are pricey!) So, it's ok to have the eggs as an IP pack substitution? I have heard you can do that, but then it counts against your overall 8 oz of real protein for the day in Phase I?
If you have one egg with 3 egg whites, it counts as an unrestricted packet
You don't double-dip and also subtract from dinner meat.

Your coach won't want you doing this. They don't sell product when you do. Best to just list it as an omelet packet.

Last edited by lisa32989; 05-11-2014 at 12:57 PM.
lisa32989 is offline  
Old 05-11-2014, 12:59 PM   #59  
Senior Member
 
65X65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,341

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default Nuts as snack- DANGER

Reen and Lisa- I am finding it harder to resit nuts and keep to a small handful. Am actually trying to go snack free now...since I am terrified of creep as far as the weight and can see how nuts could cause that. They are high in calories and it is EASY to go over. Instead am trying to focus on making sure I get enough to eat to feel satisfied and to fill my calorie needs at meal time. This way I can be reasonable and have that chat with my self that :

I KNOW I've had what my body needs.And then I go open my closet.And look at the new wardrobe.And I change my outfit.Even if it is the end of the day.

Also I keep an EAS choc shake out on the counter...I can have that as a snack if I am really starving...which I have noticed mid afternoon if we had a lighter dinner the night before. Which is also why I'm trying to be sure to get enough at the 3 meals.

Finding the process of analyzing all of this is never ending!

Last edited by 65X65; 05-11-2014 at 01:00 PM.
65X65 is offline  
Old 05-11-2014, 01:01 PM   #60  
IP start Aug 2012
Thread Starter
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 8,219

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Reen and Lisa- I am finding it harder to resit nuts and keep to a small handful. Am actually trying to go snack free now...since I am terrified of creep as far as the weight and can see how nuts could cause that. They are high in calories and it is EASY to go over. Instead am trying to focus on making sure I get enough to eat to feel satisfied and to fill my calorie needs at meal time. This way I can be reasonable and have that chat with my self that :

I KNOW I've had what my body needs.And then I go open my closet.And look at the new wardrobe.And I change my outfit.Even if it is the end of the day.

Also I keep an EAS choc shake out on the counter...I can have that as a snack if I am really starving...which I have noticed mid afternoon if we had a lighter dinner the night before. Which is also why I'm trying to be sure to get enough at the 3 meals.

Finding the process of analyzing all of this is never ending!
I love the idea of changing outfits (and I bet it is nothing stretchy, either!)
lisa32989 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:41 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.