Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 12:08 PM   #46  

Height: 5'2

Slip - yes phasing off usually takes 4 weeks but I've basically been maintaining for a month and have a good handle on phase 3 and my body seems to like it. My coach is still going to see me for the next 4 weeks through phases 3/4.

Congrats on making it to your original goal!!!
Old 04-05-2014, 12:18 PM   #47  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Kawaii - your journal entry made me tear up, thank you for sharing that. I so admire your spirit and determination, truly inspiring. I'm so sorry you're in pain and not well - I'll be saying lots of prayers for you and looking forward to seeing you back healthy and on your way again.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:54 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 195.4/182.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Kawaiil thank you for sharing your heart wrenching story. So brave and it just illustrates human kindness. Great share

Last edited by Rubygirl; 04-05-2014 at 12:55 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:37 PM   #49  

Height: 5 '6

Kawaii, thank you for being so brave and sharing your journal with us. It was very touching!!
Old 04-05-2014, 02:58 PM   #50  

Height: 5'2

Maddy, thanks for sharing your story. I'm so glad it worked out in the end and bless that x-ray tech for being your cheerleader when you really needed it.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:59 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Kawaii, still my hero. Brave and valiant in the face of adversity-and with that great smile.

W2b- I am so with you right now! I lost 1 pound a week for a month. But I have decided to let it go. Coach said that I actually lost 8 pounds of fat but I am retaining 4 pounds of water. Oh well, I can not change that about my body. I drink a ton of water and I stick to plan, that is all I am in control of. I have decided to start phasing off at the end of next month. We shall see where that takes me. I would really like to lose 15 more pounds by June 20th.

I will do everything in my power to make that happen. I am also much more active in the summer- gardening and yard work on a second story will do that for you. I am also going to join a gym. I want to try spin class and use their elliptical machine, my treadmill is messing with my prev. broken foot. My friend wants me to do a weights class too. Hopefully that will help. I do not mind phase 1, I just want to enjoy my vacation with some vino.

Staying motivated seems to go in waves. Some of the time, I am Gung-ho and can see no problem with continuing this plan indefinitely. Other times, I have to white knuckle through staying away from a second restricted. But most of all, I want to sit down with my Mama and SIL and have a couple glasses of a fantastic Pinot noir. I truly feel that I have changed my way of life through this program. I am also very stubborn and will not let the naysayers have the satisfaction of witnessing a backslide and that means that healthy lifestyle choices are forever.

I guess I also think what is the other option? If I give into my inner brat and cravings, I will be fat again. Frustration over a slow scale can not equal going off program, if I want to reach that goal. Plus, I will only indulge for joy.

Thank you for your congrats. Even better, my blood pressure was 114/74 with no Meds.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:13 PM   #52  

I made a delicious dinner. Zucchini noodles sautéed in red chili olive oil, 1/4 lime juice, fresh cilantro, garlic powder, pepper. sea salt, cherry tomatoes and green onions added at the very end. Topped with local sea scallops sautéed in lemon olive oil. Best thing I have eaten in a long time!!!!!
Old 04-05-2014, 07:25 PM   #53  
AlaskaLadyie

S/C/G: Oct2011 240/April2014 203 /167

Height: 5ft 7in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Kawaii, still my hero. Brave and valiant in the face of adversity-and with that great smile.

W2b- I am so with you right now! I lost 1 pound a week for a month. But I have decided to let it go. Coach said that I actually lost 8 pounds of fat but I am retaining 4 pounds of water. Oh well, I can not change that about my body. I drink a ton of water and I stick to plan, that is all I am in control of. I have decided to start phasing off at the end of next month. We shall see where that takes me. I would really like to lose 15 more pounds by June 20th.

I will do everything in my power to make that happen. I am also much more active in the summer- gardening and yard work on a second story will do that for you. I am also going to join a gym. I want to try spin class and use their elliptical machine, my treadmill is messing with my prev. broken foot. My friend wants me to do a weights class too. Hopefully that will help. I do not mind phase 1, I just want to enjoy my vacation with some vino.

Staying motivated seems to go in waves. Some of the time, I am Gung-ho and can see no problem with continuing this plan indefinitely. Other times, I have to white knuckle through staying away from a second restricted. But most of all, I want to sit down with my Mama and SIL and have a couple glasses of a fantastic Pinot noir. I truly feel that I have changed my way of life through this program. I am also very stubborn and will not let the naysayers have the satisfaction of witnessing a backslide and that means that healthy lifestyle choices are forever.

I guess I also think what is the other option? If I give into my inner brat and cravings, I will be fat again. Frustration over a slow scale can not equal going off program, if I want to reach that goal. Plus, I will only indulge for joy.

Thank you for your congrats. Even better, my blood pressure was 114/74 with no Meds.
I love the inner BRAT mention........ If u don't mind I am going to steal that one... I have always called it the spoiled kid it me saying... I want that I don't want any one to get the last piece or a bigger piece than ME... I get after my inner BRAT often... Spoiled rotten or maybe a left out complex not sure but at times it sure fights my weight loss efforts.... Thanks for the idea

Last edited by AlaskaLadyie; 04-05-2014 at 07:26 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:27 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Kawaii: Your post was wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing.

Slip: Dinner sounds wonderful! Guess the recipe is a keeper!!

Thanks for the encouragment friends!! I will get thru this.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:44 PM   #55  

Want2b- you will definitely get through this! You are strong and determined to be healthy. And yes, the recipe is a keeper tasted like I was eating off program.

Alaska, feel free the inner brat shall not win this time!
Old 04-06-2014, 10:18 AM   #56  

Good morning Sunshines,

UCONN men won their game and are in the Championship tomorrow. UCONN women play tonight. Exciting basketball the entire weekend!

More chores today. Hope the day goes by slowly.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:31 AM   #57  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2bskinnyagain View Post
Slip: Good luck with WI and measurement today. Keep us posted.

Isn't it funny how our motivation can take a nose dive over night? I was great a couple of days ago and today I am doubting if I will ever get to goal. Yikes. I am not giving up, but it just hit me that I may not be at goal by July, that has always been my goal date. I know my body is going to do what it wants but having it take longer is kind of depressing. Anyone else have major motivation nose dives at times?
Yes, my motivation has been missing lately. After returning from my holiday I've been really busy and totally exhausted... this seems to be messing with my focus. I took this weekend to chill.... I slept 10 hours last night and I'm hoping the rest will help my brain get focused on the task at hand... I hope it works! Whether your at goal or not in July.. one thing's for sure.... you will look hot!! Hope we both get our motivation back and get the last of this fat off!!

Last edited by Hiker88; 04-06-2014 at 10:32 AM.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:23 PM   #58  

New motivation- want these 15 pounds gone before phasing off! Since the beginning phase off date is May 17, I feel the clock ticking. Going to up my water and start moving some more.

Had a great visit with my mom. Between my illness and their vacation, we had not seen each other in a month. We had fun.

Hope that all of you are feeling OP strong!
Old 04-07-2014, 05:28 PM   #59  

Kooky, I am sorry to hear of your mom's health concerns. I do think fear for my health was the main reason that IP worked, when past plans have not.

I am so cranky today. Even irritated inside myself and I am at home alone now. I swear that I am pms-ing, which would mean another shift with TOM. Tired from staying up late for basketball too, I am not complaining about that though

What up with all of you today?
Old 04-07-2014, 07:31 PM   #60  
Jig

S/C/G: 360/Ticker/225

Height: 6'2

Kawaii rocks!

That is all for now.
Closed Thread