Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 11:27 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Hopefully more people with experience will chime in here, but I always thought red leaf lettuce could be treated the same as romaine or iceberg or any other lettuce. Nutritionally they appear about the same. Did your coach give a reason why red leaf would be treated differently?
No, she said only romaine and iceberg are unlimited, everything else needs to be measured. I specifically asked her about boston lettuce and red leaf. However, since I have been on these boards I find that we all get slightly different info from our coaches. I will ask her today and point out that nutritionally they are the same.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:52 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 189/157.5/135

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontesanera View Post
No, she said only romaine and iceberg are unlimited, everything else needs to be measured. I specifically asked her about boston lettuce and red leaf. However, since I have been on these boards I find that we all get slightly different info from our coaches. I will ask her today and point out that nutritionally they are the same.
I think your coach is wrong about the lettuce. I was told ALL lettuce is unlimited.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:08 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 236/236/170

Height: 5'9"

I use butter lettuce like iceberg and romaine. I haven't had any issues with using it.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:28 PM   #94  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacygirl1 View Post
I think your coach is wrong about the lettuce. I was told ALL lettuce is unlimited.
So interesting how different coaches say different things.
Interesting or sad.
Some coaches say "lettuce"
Some say romaine & iceburg only.

I've always gone with this: if its called "lettuce" then it's lettuce.
Romaine lettuce
Iceburg Lettuce
Redleaf (or greenleaf) lettuce
Boston Lettuce
Bibb lettuce

But not spinach, field greens, other "greens"
Old 02-21-2014, 12:42 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello,

I think it was Ruth Ann that mentioned the "ice" chips, which I ordered and love, so does hubby. My Q is?? to they effect your bowels? I only have 3 "chips" a day ( they are expensive), but have noticed that since I have, I definitely don't have any trouble with the big "C", a little bit the other way. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this with the "ice chips"

Another small loss this week, although yesterday I was down another whole pound, I don't understand, but I "accept". lol Raining here making a mess of melting snow & mud. Glad to have it a little warmer though, was out yesterday in a sleet storm. yuck!
Old 02-21-2014, 12:44 PM   #96  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Hello,

I think it was Ruth Ann that mentioned the "ice" chips, which I ordered and love, so does hubby. My Q is?? to they effect your bowels? I only have 3 "chips" a day ( they are expensive), but have noticed that since I have, I definitely don't have any trouble with the big "C", a little bit the other way. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this with the "ice chips"

Another small loss this week, although yesterday I was down another whole pound, I don't understand, but I "accept". lol Raining here making a mess of melting snow & mud. Glad to have it a little warmer though, was out yesterday in a sleet storm. yuck!
Bellamack: I was told that the xylitol in the ice chips can give some people very loose bowel movements so to limit them. I limit myself to 3 or 4 a day.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:18 PM   #97  

So I just had my weigh in and the clinic scale showed a 2.5 lb loss. Home scale showed more, but I was naked prior to eating anything when I weighed myself at home. That is a total of 7 lbs in two weeks and just over 3 inches. She said they average 6-9 lbs in the first two weeks so I am on target. Also, some clothes that I could not button two weeks ago I put on no problem, so that is awesome. Incidentally I lost most of the inches at my waist.

I clarified the lettuce and she said any lettuce is unlimited. I know that first day I went in she was adamant than only romaine and iceberg are unlimited. Oh well.

Hope everybody has a great weekend
Old 02-21-2014, 02:02 PM   #98  
IP started 12/17/2013

S/C/G: 195/163/155

Height: 5'4"

Default Love it when scale goes down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontesanera;4948509...
So I just had my weigh in and the clinic scale showed a 2.5 lb loss....

Party on!! Lettuce is on me.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:09 PM   #99  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssubert View Post
Party on!! Lettuce is on me.
It is not like eating unlimited red leaf lettuce got me here.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:15 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Wink

Quote:
It is not like eating unlimited red leaf lettuce got me here.
Amen! lol
Old 02-21-2014, 02:36 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 170/137.5/138

Height: 5'4.5"

I find that I have weights that I associate with different times in my life.....128 in high school, 115 in college… and this morning I hit the weight that I was the morning I went in to deliver my son....The next morning I weighed 142 pounds and was appalled. How I would love to be that now. How times do change :-)

Last edited by Vippysue; 02-21-2014 at 02:39 PM.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:46 PM   #102  
IP started 12/17/2013

S/C/G: 195/163/155

Height: 5'4"

Default First time I wieghed this much..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vippysue View Post
............I find that I have weights that I associate with different times in my life............:-)
I'm on way down from 197 and currently I am at 172.
When I moved to Santa Barbara in 1971 I weighed 173 on the landlady's scales. OMG, I thought that certainly her scales were broken--they weren't.

Today 172 feels good as I am on my way down.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:48 PM   #103  

Quote:
I find that I have weights that I associate with different times in my life.....128 in high school, 115 in college… and this morning I hit the weight that I was the morning I went in to deliver my son....The next morning I weighed 142 pounds and was appalled. How I would love to be that now. How times do change :-)
Me too! If you ask me what I weighed at any point in my life I can tell you the exact number. High school (125), wedding day (135), right after having my son 185! I have not been able to get under 150 since having my son and after I had my daughter the lowest weight I had was 155. I felt great at that weight, but I am hoping that Ideal Protein can get me to my "utopian" goal of 140. I have seen people on this diet go skinnier than they have even been as teenagers or in their 20s, so I know that it is possible.

In other great news, Canada's men's hockey team beat USA in the semi-finals of the Olympic tournament! As the things stand, Obama owes Harper two cases of Canadian beer and USA gets to keep Bieber.

http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/st...-higher-022014
Old 02-21-2014, 02:59 PM   #104  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Me too! If you ask me what I weighed at any point in my life I can tell you the exact number. High school (125), wedding day (135), right after having my son 185! I have not been able to get under 150 since having my son and after I had my daughter the lowest weight I had was 155. I felt great at that weight, but I am hoping that Ideal Protein can get me to my "utopian" goal of 140. I have seen people on this diet go skinnier than they have even been as teenagers or in their 20s, so I know that it is possible.

In other great news, Canada's men's hockey team beat USA in the semi-finals of the Olympic tournament! As the things stand, Obama owes Harper two cases of Canadian beer and USA gets to keep Bieber.

http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/st...-higher-022014
LOL, not sure which I'm happier about... winning the hockey games or keeping Bieber away... LOL!! Lots to laugh at on here today!
Old 02-21-2014, 03:20 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Weight as history

Quote:
Your entry made me smile because I, too, associate my weight with events in my life - when I met my husband, when we married, birth of the boys, etc.

So I am down below everything except the weight I was when I met my husband, but I am really, really close.

One of my sons made a comment in regards to my weight loss (I have not seen him in a year so he was just making this on the phone) that stopped me in my tracks. He said "Now you weigh less than both your sons". It smacked me in the face that all their grown up years (teen and above) they have always known me as heavier than them!

Sad, but true, but no longer. I am PUSHING hard to get to Onederland which has been my big goal since the beginning, other than final goal. Just 3 more, 3 more, so close.
Closed Thread