Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 10:00 PM   #241  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarfler View Post
Just dropped my goal another 5lbs since I was only 1.5lbs away from goal and still feel I can stand to lose more. When I started IP, I really thought I'd be content getting to 150. And I was, until I realized I learned the power and the skills to take it further. I'm so thankful for being nearly 15lbs below my initial goal and only 6.5lbs away from my new one. And I could not have done it without IP. I love this way of life!
congrats on the great losses Snarfler! You know, when I started IP I kind of picked a goal out of thin air since I just couldn't imagine weighing so little. So as I get closer I've decided to just see how I feel when I get there. It may change or not - nothing I have to decide right this minute.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:46 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Just met with my new coach. She's cool. A lot more strict than my previous one...but that's what I need. She changed up some of my habits on me and asked to have all my protein at dinner. She also said my IP packet I was having mid-afternoon needs to be at lunch. Reason being so that my pancreas doesn't have to release insulin more times a day than it really needs, so it's better to have it with a meal. She said the protocol on the P1 sheet is laid out as it is because it's been tested and proved. That is why I need to stick with it. I totally get all that, it's just going to be an adjustment from protein at lunch and an afternoon snack. We'll see how it helps in getting these last 25 or so off.

I also have to keep a food journal. Which i've never really done. So all of these 'new habits' will be tough to break in after 6 months on IP. I just keep reminding myself that they are good changes that'll help in my home stretch!!

Last edited by ems70508; 02-24-2014 at 02:46 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:47 PM   #243  

oh she also mentioned my after dinner snack needs to be right before bed. SHe said it's best to do that so the stretch between eating times (that snack and breakfast the next day) is more like 8 hours instead of 12....all interesting facts and hopefully they help!
Old 02-25-2014, 08:03 AM   #244  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Glad you're getting on well with the new coach Ems - strict isn't a bad thing sometimes!

You might try MFP for journaling your food - I find it a lot easier than paper since I can do it from my phone or tablet.

Had the day from h*ck yesterday and wanted nothing more than to run through a drive thru and sit and eat junk food. I didn't - I came home and dh made me dinner but it reminded me that those old thoughts of eating during times of stress haven't gone away. I'm just learning to recognize them for what they are and (hopefully) by recognizing them I can then derail them before they derail me.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:55 AM   #245  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post

Had the day from h*ck yesterday and wanted nothing more than to run through a drive thru and sit and eat junk food. I didn't - I came home and dh made me dinner but it reminded me that those old thoughts of eating during times of stress haven't gone away. I'm just learning to recognize them for what they are and (hopefully) by recognizing them I can then derail them before they derail me.
So true Ruth Ann... these are life long habits that our brains go to in certain situations... (autopilot!)

My brain finally got back in the game yesterday and I was back to not thinking and just following the plan... I had a hard couple of weeks but I don't think fighting illness helped... being home more made me want to eat out of boredom (back to the auto pilot thing) After yesterday I'm hoping its smooth sailing for awhile.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:18 AM   #246  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

I'm happy to report that I'm down 2.8 this week! And so happy to be getting that much closer to my goal! I've not had it easy the last couple of weeks but have stuck to the plan and its always worth it in the end! I'm finished the cleanse and feel better. Now onto week 2 of Phase 2.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:20 AM   #247  

Quote:
Glad you're getting on well with the new coach Ems - strict isn't a bad thing sometimes!

You might try MFP for journaling your food - I find it a lot easier than paper since I can do it from my phone or tablet.

I'm very excited to have a strict coach. I've been OP the whole time (no 'cheating' per se) but I don't think I was following the P1 sheet 100%, if that makes sense. Like taking my vitamins at different times, eating my protein at different times, etc. I know that it's OK if you do those things, obviously I've lost 75 pounds doing those things. BUT, I think for my home stretch, it's kind of awesome to have a cheerleader and to follow the piece of paper. Changes things up a bit. We shall see!

Sorry you had such a rough day! I also struggle with emotional eating. I never did fast food really but junk food at home. I was one of those people that had the mindset "no one saw me eat it, so I didn't eat it". It's tough now. Especially after a long day. Now when I have those bad days, I try a relaxing bath with tea and early to bed. It's funny...I've really gotten into bath bubbles and salts lately! My idea of a treat has sure changed!!!
Old 02-25-2014, 10:32 AM   #248  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
Sorry you had such a rough day! I also struggle with emotional eating. I never did fast food really but junk food at home. I was one of those people that had the mindset "no one saw me eat it, so I didn't eat it". It's tough now. Especially after a long day. Now when I have those bad days, I try a relaxing bath with tea and early to bed. It's funny...I've really gotten into bath bubbles and salts lately! My idea of a treat has sure changed!!!
Nothing better than a hot bubble bath on a cold winter day! Sounds like a wonderful way to treat yourself!
Old 02-25-2014, 10:34 AM   #249  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Hiker - Autopilot is a good way to put it. And who'd have thunk we'd be happy to not think about food? Hope you are over all the illness, that's no fun at all and makes everything harder.

Hawaii - hooray for you! That is just wonderful!

Ems - Sometimes getting back to basics can really help. I find myself getting lax at times on meal times, etc. and have to remind myself to do things right. You've done so great so far, hopefully the last 25 goes by quickly!

I want a big bathtub so bad! Trying to talk dh into buying a new house just so we have one! I love bubble baths but we have a really dinky tub in this house.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:42 PM   #250  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default You do not need a new house for a great tub

Quote:
Hiker - I want a big bathtub so bad! Trying to talk dh into buying a new house just so we have one! I love bubble baths but we have a really dinky tub in this house.

RuthAnn - there are ways to have a fabulous tub in the house you have! We remodeled and the tiny bathroom we had did not allow for what we thought would be a great soaking tub. We had a fixed, short space available from where the old tub was.

Check out this link to a wonderful line of Kohler bubble tubs -
http://www.us.kohler.com/us/Bathing-...htm?catLevel=3

We out one in and I love it. Unlike a tub with big Jacuzzi jets, this has a series of pin holes, slightly smaller than a pencil would make. The water comes under great pressure (adjustable) and gives the soft but effective massage. The great thing is that there are no moving parts in the holes (unlike Jacuzzi) so that it stays nice and clean. The Kohler even has a cycle that runs after you get out where the warm air pressures through the tub for a minute and the warm air dries out any water in the system.

The tubs can be gotten in a slightly wider size than normal so that if your head to toe space is limited, you can get more comfort side to side. (No, not because any of us are worrying anymore about OUR side to side width!)

Check it out - your DH certainly should love to provide you with this because it is easier that a new house!
Old 02-25-2014, 06:25 PM   #251  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Thanks Ruth Ann!
Old 02-25-2014, 07:59 PM   #252  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Tomorrow (Wednesday) is WI day. Past couple of weeks have been small losses .8 and 1 respectively and not muck change, if any, change in measurements. I remain 100%OP and have had some good NSV's. but I would really like a good loss this week.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:50 PM   #253  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Those are awesome schenectady - dh say we could definitely get one of those in!

Fingers & toes crossed for you Carol but don't get too worried - things happen when they happen sometimes.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:02 PM   #254  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Those are awesome schenectady - dh say we could definitely get one of those in!

Fingers & toes crossed for you Carol but don't get too worried - things happen when they happen sometimes.
Ruth Ann, thanks. I know I shouldn't get caught up in the numbers and I know it will come off when it comes off.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:07 PM   #255  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post
Ruth Ann, thanks. I know I shouldn't get caught up in the numbers and I know it will come off when it comes off.
I know! And I know too how exciting it is to see the numbers go down. Really hard to be patient.

Hopefully we'll both have a nice number tomorrow!
Closed Thread