Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 06:29 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Exactly eandc!

I stayed the same on coach's scale today, but I am unconcerned. So much going on with my body right now - change in medication, increased PT, etc., etc. Not surprising at all. And since I've lost 2 pant sizes in the last month I am a happy camper!
I maintained too Ruth Ann but feel the same as you, as my clothes are telling me that I'm smaller! And I still lost a few inches so whatever the reason that the scale isn't moving, I will keep going. I am now phasing off and started Phase 2 yesterday and also started the Novi Cleanse so it'll be interesting to see what the scale reads next week! I've been getting so hungry at night, really hungry, so I've been eating a pickle and drinking lots of herb tea. I'm wondering if its hormonal but I'll be dealing with this during maintenance so I'm training myself to deal with the hunger in a healthy way. It'll help me as I continue to lose and maintain the loss. I will have to deal with hunger issues always and need to continue to make good choices!
Old 02-19-2014, 11:30 PM   #197  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii69 View Post
I maintained too Ruth Ann but feel the same as you, as my clothes are telling me that I'm smaller! And I still lost a few inches so whatever the reason that the scale isn't moving, I will keep going. I am now phasing off and started Phase 2 yesterday and also started the Novi Cleanse so it'll be interesting to see what the scale reads next week! I've been getting so hungry at night, really hungry, so I've been eating a pickle and drinking lots of herb tea. I'm wondering if its hormonal but I'll be dealing with this during maintenance so I'm training myself to deal with the hunger in a healthy way. It'll help me as I continue to lose and maintain the loss. I will have to deal with hunger issues always and need to continue to make good choices!
Congrats on phasing off! That is wonderful!

I'm thinking of shifting my food around some. I generally eat breakfast between 5:30 and 6 so I'm getting hungry by 9 or 10 and eat my chips or bar or whatever then and that holds me until 1 or so when I eat my veggies and lettuce. Problem is we haven't been having dinner until 7 or so and if I save my 3rd pack for dessert it's coming really close after dinner since I try to get to bed early since I'm up by 4:30 or 5. I'm really not hungry after dinner so I may do better shifting my 3rd pack to mid-afternoon. It's all trial and error I think.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:40 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

That's a good suggestion, I may have to either save a packet for after supper or eat supper a little later. Thanks for the tip!
Old 02-20-2014, 05:07 AM   #199  

S/C/G: 192/164/130

Height: 5'3"

Day 9 and I am down 5.8lbs woooohoooo!
I know I shouldn't weight myself every day but I just can't help it. With the money I am investing in myself, I am desperate to make this program work for me! Up until yesterday the scale was not moving, my WI last night was 3.8lbs and I was feeling down because of everyone else seemed to be loosing so much more in their first week. With this mornings results I feel ready to take on a new week and I don't feel so bad about the money I just spent.

Happy carrot dance for my first five pounds gone forever!!!

Old 02-20-2014, 06:50 AM   #200  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

good morning everyone

I hope you don't mind my joining your thread - you're all such an inspiration. I'm on day #26 and I feel fantastic. My 4th weigh in tomorrow after work - I find this program really easy to follow - I'm losing so far about 2 to 2.5 lbs a week - slow but that's okay - as long as I'm going in the right direction. I've been sticking to the plan also 100% - a few errors with my restricted IP foods the first week but after that I'm good - even stopped the gum chewing after I spoke to my coach last friday. Haven't had a diet pop since I started and I really thought that would be difficult but it proved not to be. No junk which was my big problem. I've even started crocheting an afghan just so I don't get bored when I'm home - lots of homemade gifts for Christmas this year!!! lol

well, let's have a great day we're worth it

thanks for being here

Maureen
Old 02-20-2014, 07:31 AM   #201  

Glad you joined but I must correct something.
2-2.5 per week is NOT slow! What other diet gives you these results? We really MUST reasses the messages we send ourselves.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:39 AM   #202  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Good morning!

Congrats on 5 lbs gone jasmine! That is great! You are right, this is a big investment in ourselves but the results are so worth it - I figure I'll save a fortune in future medical costs by getting my weight under control. I'm no longer pre-diabetic, my blood pressure is good, etc., etc.

Welcome Maureen, so glad you joined us! I agree with Lisa - you're doing great! And I really need a new afghan, can I be your friend?
Old 02-20-2014, 12:31 PM   #203  

Beck Diet Solution Daily thought from Wednesday
I thought this was perfect for our thread

Sabotaging Thought: I don’t feel like having to work on my dieting skills.

Response: That’s okay! I do lots of things every day that I don’t feel like doing but I do them anyway. It’s worth it to me to do them, whether or not I feel like it, because it will help me achieve my goals. Besides, I even MORE don’t feel like staying overweight.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:47 PM   #204  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

Response: That’s okay! I do lots of things every day that I don’t feel like doing but I do them anyway. It’s worth it to me to do them, whether or not I feel like it, because it will help me achieve my goals. Besides, I even MORE don’t feel like staying overweight.
They really have to add a like button!
Old 02-20-2014, 12:48 PM   #205  
Started IP 04/22/2013

schenectady - your posts always make me smile. You have a great way of looking at things.

Lisa - I love that! It's so true and so perfect for our thread!
Old 02-20-2014, 01:50 PM   #206  

Quote:

I was just telling my husband this last night. Yes, sometimes, I don't feel like cooking or packing tomorrows lunch BUT even more than that, I DO NOT feel like staying overweight. I suppose its a pick what you don't feel like doing kind of thing...you choose!
Old 02-20-2014, 02:28 PM   #207  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

Love that! Thanks, Lisa. I don't feel like cleaning the bathrooms or doing laundry today...but I know it's what needs to be done. I actually feel so much better about myself when I am eating healthy and power through any cravings.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:33 PM   #208  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
I was just telling my husband this last night. Yes, sometimes, I don't feel like cooking or packing tomorrows lunch BUT even more than that, I DO NOT feel like staying overweight. I suppose its a pick what you don't feel like doing kind of thing...you choose!
I was just thinking that same thing last night. I got home super late (thanks last minute, gotta have it now projects) and didn't want to cook, didn't want to set up for the next day, basically just didn't want to do anything but sit with a cup of tea and do nothing. BUT I did something very simple for dinner (dh, bless his heart had it prepped for me) while I set up for today because I needed to do it for me.

I didn't want to, but I did because as you put it so well "I suppose its a pick what you don't feel like doing kind of thing...you choose!" I pick continuing the downward trend in my weight or, as Lisa says "the trend line is towards recovery."
Old 02-21-2014, 08:21 AM   #209  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Good morning! Very quiet in here.

Saw someone I hadn't seen in nearly a year yesterday. 1st question they asked "did you lose some weight?" Uh, no, I got a haircut. Actually, I'm getting used to those comments - people don't know what to say I think. So they either just say "you look great" or mention the weight loss. It's all good. I'd be surprised if they didn't notice - it's kind of obvious.

Got a busy weekend planned - just lots of little stuff that needs to be tended to along with the standard weekend stuff.

Big surprise the other day - dh sent me a link to a dress he found on one of his "daily deals" and said "I think that would look good on you." Totally different style than anything I have worn in recent memory. I ordered it (of course) and we'll see how it looks but at the price I can always send it to the thrift shop if I hate it. But kind of cool to even consider something so totally out of the realm of what I have been wearing!
Old 02-21-2014, 09:23 AM   #210  

Height: 5 '6

Good morning, this flu I had back in January seems to want to come back time and again! I think I might take the day off and give myself a three day weekend. I'm tucked in watching the Canadian Men's curling team play the UK for the gold and they just laid a three ender! You Canucks from the prairies will understand that line! LOL!

I usually use my george foreman grill for all my meat and just whip up my vegis..... whatever's fast.... yesterday I roasted my asparagus and mushrooms... they were soooo good! I really have to start looking at the recipes and changing up what I'm eating. It was nice to do something different.

Last edited by Hiker88; 02-21-2014 at 09:24 AM.
Closed Thread