Old 11-02-2013, 03:45 PM   #16  
Fresh start

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarington45 View Post
It will be nice to have someone ( or many ) to restart with.. I bought some IP friendly alternatives and think with moving this weekend, I will have Monday as my "official" re-start date .. I am feeling awful seeing the scale go up a couple of pounds and don't want it to get out of hand..
We can do this Clarington! Let's do this
foreveryoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:51 PM   #17  
Fresh start

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustin View Post
I have been struggling so much as well. I originally did IP in Apr/May this past spring and lost 26lbs in 5 weeks. I tried to start again off and on through out the summer but only last 1-2 days and "something" would come up and I'd quit. I finally wanted to do this for real Oct 21 and lasted till Friday. Had a horrible weekend and restarted Oct 28. Did great till Oct 31. (Stupid Halloween!) So AGAIN I am restarted today. If I could just get past the four day mark I think I would be ok....I was told the first 4 days are the hardest because of the sugar detox & cravings... I really really want to start this for real. I feel so conflicted and torn. I hate the way I look, none of my clothes fit right, I feel ugly and huge (this is the biggest I've been since giving birth to my 6 year old!!) and I love watching the scale move and have so much determination...then all of a sudden none of that matters and the cravings take over. I could sit down and cry. It is such an internal struggle. Anyway, I woke up determined this morning (again) but hopefully this is my last "restart"
Claustin, can you believe how many pounds we can lose by New Years if we stay faithful ? Oh my I just can imagine looking great in a nice top with not muffin top? Will be awesome to welcome the new year 20 pounds lighter... We can do this!
Old 11-03-2013, 01:43 AM   #18  
Fresh start

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetsyAnn View Post
I'm in!!! I started IP with alternatives the last day of July and thru August and September I lost 30#. In October I had some personal buisness dealings out of town and was on the road constantly so I went off plan. I still had shakes twice a day and one meal a day, so I was watching what I ate but there was some fat, dairy, etc...included in that meal pretty often. I am ready to be back on plan and dropping weight like crazy!
That's cool Betsy that you are watching your food intake, watching closely our food intake helps but sometimes I forget to watch lol... But I'm ready for Monday
Old 11-03-2013, 01:00 AM   #19  
Ideal Protein 5/20/14

S/C/G: 204/195/130

Height: 5'4"

I will also be restarting on Monday. I have done this program with success in the past but I am having a hard time with consistency. I will be doing the alternative program that allows a few more choices due to an upcoming surgery. Once I've recovered from the surgery I am going strict phase 1. This program works but it does take a lot of determination.

I have found that weekly prep helps a ton. If I can just grab and go in the mornings I am much more likely to stay on plan. Like others have mentioned once you get through the first 4 days it gets much easier.

Lets do this once and for all and motivate each other.
Kristin135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:48 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/125-ish

Height: 5' 1/2"

It's great to see so many starting at the same time! There are a few people here who have done IP before- so what is everyone's favourite or 'go-to' lunches/dinners?

For lunches I've done sauteed zucchini and chicken breast over a bed of lettuce; or zucchini, red pepper, mushrooms, spinach sauteed and used in a 1 whole egg/2 egg white omlette; or a salad with romaine and all sorts of allowed veggies with apple cider vinegar and olive oil. I need to get over to the recipes section to get more ideas though!

I've used 1 tsp of grapeseed oil in the pan to sautee the zucchini and then chicken with- is this a no-no?
CleverName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 271/271/175

Height: 5'6" restart 11/6/17

My normal "go to" lunch is creamy chicken soup with pureed cauliflower and sometimes a little broccoli added to it. It tends to fill me up and is comforting on chilly days. My favorite filling cool weather dinner is Big Mac in a bowl, or sometimes I cook ground beef with my own blend of taco seasoning added and I toss in some zucchini and saute that along with it and eat all of that on a bed of greens, or stuff it into a green pepper and bake it.
BetsyAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 04:25 PM   #22  
Fresh start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin135 View Post
I will also be restarting on Monday. I have done this program with success in the past but I am having a hard time with consistency. I will be doing the alternative program that allows a few more choices due to an upcoming surgery. Once I've recovered from the surgery I am going strict phase 1. This program works but it does take a lot of determination.

I have found that weekly prep helps a ton. If I can just grab and go in the mornings I am much more likely to stay on plan. Like others have mentioned once you get through the first 4 days it gets much easier.

Lets do this once and for all and motivate each other.
I will trust on those 4 days to go easier... I'm preparing myself mentally. I'm glad you are also restarting tomorrow.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:28 PM   #23  
Fresh start

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverName View Post
It's great to see so many starting at the same time! There are a few people here who have done IP before- so what is everyone's favourite or 'go-to' lunches/dinners?

For lunches I've done sauteed zucchini and chicken breast over a bed of lettuce; or zucchini, red pepper, mushrooms, spinach sauteed and used in a 1 whole egg/2 egg white omlette; or a salad with romaine and all sorts of allowed veggies with apple cider vinegar and olive oil. I need to get over to the recipes section to get more ideas though!

I've used 1 tsp of grapeseed oil in the pan to sautee the zucchini and then chicken with- is this a no-no?
Yeah Clever, it's great! We all can do this together
For lunches work for me grilled veggies and grilled chicken ... Baked chicken also works. I'm kinda tired of lettuce but I get it sometimes.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 271/271/175

Height: 5'6" restart 11/6/17

Today's THE day !
BetsyAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:23 PM   #25  
Start: Dec. 18, 2017

S/C/G: 211/210/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm in!

I lost count of how many times I had started and failed. This time I am determined to stick with it. We can do it!! With each other's support.
learning to fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:16 PM   #26  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

I'm in too! I have started and stopped way too many times. I can't afford for it not to work this time, financially. My bank account is dwindling and if I'm gonna continue spending money on this diet, I need it to be worth it.
I tend to post a lot in the "Reached goal...been in maintenance...need a short reboot... anyone else?" thread, but it's been pretty quiet there lately, and I need all the extra support I can get.

One day at a time, and today is DAY 1!
knm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 238.6/207.8/150

Height: 5"8

Hi everyone,

I too am rebooting/restarting. I've been on plan successfully for three weeks; however, last week I used mio in my waters and went up one pound.. that is the only difference that I did that week, so I now know my body is very sensitive to water flavourings. At least there is the mangosteen water enhancer from the clinic that doesn't effect anything.

It's nice to know that there are other people who are restarting around the same time as me, makes you not feel so alone in a journey that is so struggling. The second time is harder and I am sure the third would be even harder than that so lets all get this over and done with so we don't have to worry about this again!!
SusanneXo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #28  
My Own Worst Enemy

S/C/G: 188.8/175/140

Mio made you gain weight????

Mio is approved on this diet up to 6 servings a day. I use it in my morning water cause I cant handle just plain water that early.
claustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:51 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 238.6/207.8/150

Height: 5"8

claustin It isn't approved at my clinic, and that is a mistake I made on my end. It may not have been the MIO, since it's TOM which plays a part; however, that is the only thing I had done differently and do not want to waste another week having it in the event it is a contributing factor.
SusanneXo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #30  
My Own Worst Enemy

S/C/G: 188.8/175/140

I hear ya! Every week I stress over the scale. Just struck me as "wow" when I read it lol Makes you wonder..... My coach told me that its ok up to 6 servings a day. I only use it when I absolutely have to (with breakfast) and try to stay away from it otherwise
claustin is offline   Reply With Quote