Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #61  
Jig

S/C/G: 360/Ticker/225

Height: 6'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
I blew it last night. had three glasses of wine. Don't know what will mean as far as gains or losses this week.
Jemma,

I don't mean to sound "preachy" or tell you what to do, but I spoke with my doctor about having alcohol while on the diet (I really miss a glass of scotch at night), but my doctor said its dangerous to have alcohol while on the diet. Apparently, our bodies aren't quite as able to digest the alcohol so the effects are greatly increased. Also, it makes the body unable to continue burning fat as our livers work to dispel the alcohol as opposed to the fat. I have been tempted sevearl times already to have a drink and I just remind myself that its a double whammy, its both dangerous and it halts weight loss.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:30 PM   #62  
Jig

S/C/G: 360/Ticker/225

Height: 6'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Back from my WI- 5.5 pounds gone. 19.5 pounds total on their scale (20 on mine) 18.75 inches lost in a month. (11 in my waist). Best news of all! My Blood pressure was lower than I had seen it in 5 years!

Great birthday present to myself! And I bought the IP cookbook(thanks Jig)
Off to the Charity tea. Taking my strawberry wafers. Then dinner with my family and friends. Bought some WF salad dressing packets and some carb free wasabi mustard to have with my tuna. I've got a plan and I am sticking to it!

I am sorry to see that so many people are struggling, just want to give you a hug and say don't give up. Every step away from the way we were eating before is an achievement.

Time to get beautiful for the tea. Have a wonderful day!
Congrats on all the victories! Hope you like the cookbook. I used part of the recipe from the tortilla soup to make my own tortilla's today using the IP pancake/crepe mix. Essentially, you make the crepes with about 3.5 ounces of water so they are still somewhat thick and cook them in a pan like you normally do. Then I brushed them with a little olive oil and baked them at 400 degrees for about 5 min and flipped and cooked for an additional five minutes. They basically became a tortilla that I put some chicken, spinach and a little hot sauce in and had myself a wrap for lunch! It was great treat that was still OP!
Old 11-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Thanks Jig! The meal sounds yummy. I need to buy some spinach this week. Last night, I made shrimp. Peeled the shrimp, boiled the shells to get a base removed shells, added nf chicken broth, garlic, olive oil and lemon. In another pan, stir fried mushrooms, 6 cherry tomatoes. Added the shrimp and sauce to the veggies. Yum. Would have added capers but did not want to retain water for my weigh in.

I was told the same info. about alcohol, plus -that it takes 3 days to get back to ketosis. I did miss wine tonight at my bday dinner, but I made it through. Funny thing is- i do not miss the sugary stuff that I practically lived on. I miss olives and avocados. Weird, I know
Old 11-02-2013, 11:11 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 223/198/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig View Post
Jemma,

I don't mean to sound "preachy" or tell you what to do, but I spoke with my doctor about having alcohol while on the diet (I really miss a glass of scotch at night), but my doctor said its dangerous to have alcohol while on the diet. Apparently, our bodies aren't quite as able to digest the alcohol so the effects are greatly increased. Also, it makes the body unable to continue burning fat as our livers work to dispel the alcohol as opposed to the fat. I have been tempted sevearl times already to have a drink and I just remind myself that its a double whammy, its both dangerous and it halts weight loss.
I have known about that it halts fat burning for a little but what do you mean by increases the effects? As in you get drunker faster? Im a college student and the night before thanksgiving is my favorite night of the year and know that I will be drinking that night (first time not OP in 8 weeks) so would like to understand more. thanks !
Old 11-02-2013, 11:33 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Back from my WI- 5.5 pounds gone. 19.5 pounds total on their scale (20 on mine) 18.75 inches lost in a month. (11 in my waist). Best news of all! My Blood pressure was lower than I had seen it in 5 years!

Great birthday present to myself! And I bought the IP cookbook(thanks Jig)
Off to the Charity tea. Taking my strawberry wafers. Then dinner with my family and friends. Bought some WF salad dressing packets and some carb free wasabi mustard to have with my tuna. I've got a plan and I am sticking to it!

I am sorry to see that so many people are struggling, just want to give you a hug and say don't give up. Every step away from the way we were eating before is an achievement.

Time to get beautiful for the tea. Have a wonderful day!
Slip,

Way to to at your WI!!! 5.5lb!!! That's AWESOME! Better yet are all the things that are showing that the changes are really happening.. BP coming down is awesome!

What a Birthday Present to yourself!!!! ( I seriously read your post and couldn't stop smiling) You made a plan and you have your tools with you so you can enjoy your time out, and still maintain equilibrium OP... WTG!!!!

Last but not least:

Old 11-02-2013, 11:41 PM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelseys928 View Post
I have known about that it halts fat burning for a little but what do you mean by increases the effects? As in you get drunker faster? Im a college student and the night before thanksgiving is my favorite night of the year and know that I will be drinking that night (first time not OP in 8 weeks) so would like to understand more. thanks !
Long story short is if you drink high amounts of alcohol while being OP, you can actually cause your blood sugar to drop (drastically) and go into hypoglycemic shock.. It can potentially kill you.. not anything to play around with.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:48 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 223/198/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii1002 View Post
Long story short is if you drink high amounts of alcohol while being OP, you can actually cause your blood sugar to drop (drastically) and go into hypoglycemic shock.. It can potentially kill you.. not anything to play around with.
doesn't that only happen with diabetics though?
Old 11-03-2013, 12:00 AM   #68  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelseys928 View Post
doesn't that only happen with diabetics though?
I'm not a nurse, or a doctor, but from the literature that my center gave me, no it's not just diabetics.. Talk with your center for further information.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:40 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 165.5/146/135 or size 4

Height: 5'5''

Good morning everyone!
Hope you're all having a good Sunday.
This is my day 1 again and I will remain 100% op until Thanksgiving. I give you permission to give me he** and hold me accountable if I don't
Old 11-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #70  
Started IP Nov 1 2013

S/C/G: 271/251/145

Today is day 3 for me. I had a late breakfast...oatmeal...cant quite decide if I liked it or not...lol. But im already starving less than an hour later!! I love all the packet hack ideas and recipes in the newbie thread but maybe reading so much is making me hungry!! Im going to munch on some cucumbers while I decide what to make for lunch....
Old 11-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 165.5/146/135 or size 4

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by sologirl View Post
Today is day 3 for me. I had a late breakfast...oatmeal...cant quite decide if I liked it or not...lol. But im already starving less than an hour later!! I love all the packet hack ideas and recipes in the newbie thread but maybe reading so much is making me hungry!! Im going to munch on some cucumbers while I decide what to make for lunch....
I love the oatmeal and I doctor it up with a dash of cinnamon. Too bad it's restricted. Otherwise I'd eat it every day
Old 11-03-2013, 01:33 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Welcome Sologirl! I liked the oatmeal, but not enough to have it for my restricted. Some of the other Rs are really good. Drink lots of water, it will fill you up. Not going to lie- the first weeks are hard, but easier when you get through it.

Wantanewme, I just joined the 20 pounds by Christmas Challenge. Motivation to stay 100% through the holidays.

Can we have prosciutto on phase 1? Cause the IP cookbook uses t a lot. A great app for the holidays would be prosciutto wrapped fennel or veggie for Tday- grilled asparagus wrapped with prosciutto. Going to post this to the veterans too.

Have a fire going in the fireplace on a beautiful fall day. The leaves in CT have been beautiful this year. Hoping for one more warm day to plant some tulip bulbs.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:38 PM   #73  
Getting smaller everyday

S/C/G: HW: 393/IP: 347/CW: 198/GW:175

Height: 5'6

My first attempt at making zucchini chips today! I'm nervous because I really don't like to venture into new territory. But I'm getting burnt out on just green beans, broccoli, and cauliflower. My brother also got me some squash which I don't even know the first thing to do with.....
Old 11-03-2013, 02:16 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Height: 5'4"

I just made something new and it turned out as tasty as I hoped it would. I bought the new garlic and herb chips and hated them so much I only ate two chips. I kept the bag thinking I could do something with it though.

I turned them into a powder in my magic bullet, used it to coat nugget sized pieces of chicken, and sautéed until crispy and cooked through. They were such a nice change from plain chicken.

The 6oz breast used about half the package of chips. I put the rest on the freezer (because it had touched the raw chicken) to use another time.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:19 PM   #75  
Getting smaller everyday

S/C/G: HW: 393/IP: 347/CW: 198/GW:175

Height: 5'6

Well, the zucchini didn't really turn out like chips. lolol. But they were still good! I actually like the taste so I'll try something different with them next time.
Closed Thread