Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 02:10 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 276/204/156

Height: 5, 0

Good afternoon IP friends

WOW there are so many inspiring posts today! Congrats and happy birthday Maxxy!! I'm down another 3 pounds today and am so excited!! My husband is working on the other side of the country right now and won't be home until Christmas. I can't wait to see his face when he sees my weight loss!!��. he has no idea I'm doing this right now, so that provides a ton of motivation and excitement for me! Have a wonderful day all

Candace
Old 10-03-2013, 02:12 PM   #47  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Congrats and HAPPY BIRTHDAY northern neighbor Maxxy!
Old 10-03-2013, 02:59 PM   #48  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Wow! Hello all! Congrats to all on losses and pushing through. Amazing work all! Curious Maxxy, do you mind saying what size you are at Lulu? I am fearful to go in and start trying stuff on. Fat-Self talking there.

I took the train to Sacramento last night to see my boyfriend. Arrived in time for dinner and we went out. It was hilarious ordering as we are both now doing IP and were like "no butter! No bread please!" and so forth. We were kind and the waiter got it and was really sweet. Anyhow, I love the train and I love my boyfriend, so it was fun to ride the train, studying and working, to see him - if only a night :-)

Happy Thursday all!
My new pants were a size 8 at Lulu. The jacket was a 10. They have the strangest sizes!!
Old 10-03-2013, 03:05 PM   #49  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Height: 5'5"

My clinic called and appologized profusely for not getting my food out in a timely manner, and since i'm "running out of food by tomorrow" (even though I went out and bought some of the EAS carb control, and some Quest bars), they are overnight shipping me some packets to cover me until my order arrives, and If I understood her right, they aren't charging me for those packets or the overnight shipping charges... So at least they are correcting their mistake.
Happy OP day everyone!
Old 10-03-2013, 03:06 PM   #50  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ72 View Post
And MAXXY... Happy Belated. You truly are an inspiration in so many ways!
Thanks, I have never considered myself an inspiration but I feel so great right now about so much, that if I can help motivate someone else to do what I considered the impossible (that being hit a goal), I will be there.

I know that goals can be achieved, without too much overthinking. I still can't do all the calculations that some do with carbs etc etc. I just followed my one page bible, ate what the sheet said I could, had my snacks, even the restricted and DID NOT CHEAT!

After week 2, it was easy peezy! Now to maintain during vacation and possibly lower my goal by 10lbs when I get back. One day at a time....
Old 10-03-2013, 03:06 PM   #51  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
My clinic called and appologized profusely for not getting my food out in a timely manner, and since i'm "running out of food by tomorrow" (even though I went out and bought some of the EAS carb control, and some Quest bars), they are overnight shipping me some packets to cover me until my order arrives, and If I understood her right, they aren't charging me for those packets or the overnight shipping charges... So at least they are correcting their mistake.
Happy OP day everyone!
Wow! That's fantastic
Old 10-03-2013, 03:10 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 157/143/135

Height: 5'6"

Hi all, I'm a newbie, will have my first week WI tomorrow, feeling good and look forward to the scale at their office. Mine at home is going down. . Love seeing all the encouraging remarks and success everyone is having. Will look back at more posts and try to catch up. Stay strong. and thanks. Carolee
Old 10-03-2013, 04:05 PM   #53  
IP Start Date 9/30/13

S/C/G: 192.4/192.4/120

Height: 5'2"

Hi All. Day four for me, and still OP. Still getting headaches, which is weird to me, since the first time I did IP I only got them the first 2 days. That's ok, still not deterred. :P
I'm trying not to be too stressed with school. I go to art school full time, four classes a week for a total of 16 hours, work 20 hours a week and also volunteer about once a week for a couple hours. Then my projects take anywhere from 4-8 hours a week each (four projects.) So I have a lot on my plate, and I'm not totally mad at myself for gaining all this weight back, I have to learn to forgive myself and move on. My goal is to get to 150 by December, not cheat at all during Christmas, and keep chugging at school. Only one year left! Thanks for listening.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:54 PM   #54  
support, not criticism

S/C/G: 219/187.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Just when you feel like you're doing good, you get a reminder of how far you have to go. Last week, someone took my photo without my consent (I hate posing for pictures). Today, I saw that it has been posted in a public place. And it is an awful picture - my eyes are half-closed and my face looks so chubby still - my dh and friend were telling me that my weight loss is noticeable in my face - obviously I still have a ways to go. Well, I knew that, I just didn't need the public reminder.

If I look at the positive side, I guess I can use the picture for motivation to keep on going.....
Old 10-03-2013, 04:58 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonhs View Post
Just when you feel like you're doing good, you get a reminder of how far you have to go. Last week, someone took my photo . Today, I saw that it has been posted in a public place. And it is an awful picture - my eyes are half-closed and my face looks so chubby still - my dh and friend were telling me that my weight loss is noticeable in my face - obviously I still have a ways to go. Well, I knew that, I just didn't need the public reminder.

If I look at the positive side, I guess I can use the picture for motivation to keep on going.....
First of all, shannonhs, rarely do we look at someone else's picture and seriously think "Wow, she looks really gross!". Others are not as intense looking at pictures of us as we are ourselves. I would say let it go, use it as inspiration AND

take a look at yourself in a mirror and notice the GOOD ways in which you have changed. You have lost a fair amount so your face must be slimmer, your stomach must be flatter, maybe your rear is smaller, whatever. I regularly do that survey to remind myself of what I HAVE DONE and do not worry about what there is still to do, except as an assessment of what I want to achieve next.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:11 PM   #56  
Started IP Oct 1, 2013

S/C/G: 171.6/see ticker/130

Congratulations and happy birthday, Maxxy!
And congrats to Shrinkingsusie as well!
Great motivation for all of us newbies. Today is day #3, and the headache continues. I've been 100% op, and I can honestly say that this is the first time in my life that I have not cheated (or even quit) a diet by now. And my resolve is still strong. Yesterday the food cravings were pretty bad, but it wasn't nearly as hard to resist them as I'd thought it would be. My only complaints are having to go to the bathroom ALL THE TIME and the headache....both of wish are only minor inconveniences.

When does the headache usually go away, though?
Old 10-03-2013, 06:05 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 177.6/165.4/140

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaKate73 View Post
Great motivation for all of us newbies. Today is day #3, and the headache continues. I've been 100% op, and I can honestly say that this is the first time in my life that I have not cheated (or even quit) a diet by now. And my resolve is still strong. Yesterday the food cravings were pretty bad, but it wasn't nearly as hard to resist them as I'd thought it would be. My only complaints are having to go to the bathroom ALL THE TIME and the headache....both of wish are only minor inconveniences.

Hi! The first time I did IP I had nasty headaches for the first week. No matter how much extra water or salt I took in, they were there... Booming inside my head. I totally blame it on carb/ sugar withdrawal! This time around I weaned myself off carbs for the week prior to starting and do far so good!
I AM ON DAY 3 AS WELL!!!! Yaaaay Us!
Old 10-03-2013, 06:20 PM   #58  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaKate73 View Post

I think I ate every carb I could get my hands on prior to starting IP. Boy did I pay for it the first week. I had headaches and was quite nauseated til week 2. I had a few headaches the second week but felt much better than week 1. I also was so tired and I definitely had to eat my meals every 3-4 hours. If I went any longer I would just feel so sick.

It does get better pretty quickly so hang tough. Way to stay OP! I suggest just keeping the water flowing and although the salt may not help during these first days, I have found that putting a little in the palm of my hand and licking it and sipping water til it is gone has helped many a headache for me. Some coaches recommend an additional unrestricted packet the first week to help as well. I have taken to eating a hard boiled egg when I feel ravenously hungry and I just reduce my protein at dinner, unless I have done a lot of physical activity, then I just eat the extra protein.

Hope you feel better soon.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:35 PM   #59  
Started IP Oct 1, 2013

S/C/G: 171.6/see ticker/130

Thanks, y'all! I tried drinking some salt water today, but like you said, it didn't really help much. I was a total carb whore , so I'm sure that's why the headache won't go away. Congrats on surviving day 3, too dj72! And dak1lls, your avatar photo is inspiring! You look fantastic!!!
Old 10-03-2013, 06:39 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 276/204/156

Height: 5, 0

*carb whore! Hilarious!!!
Closed Thread