Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 09:02 AM   #61  

I believe my expectations are realistic??? I just think the last two weeks have been kinda slow, I thought maybe I am doing something wrong or try to improve..kwim?
thanks for your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfighter View Post
If I remember correctly from my shopping, at least the Coconut Cashew Quest bar is not on plan. Hopefully someone who uses them more often will weigh in on that.

Are you sure your expectations are realistic? You are losing a lot at a good rate with what seems to be a standard/expected slowdown around this time. I haven't been doing this plan very long but I have a long history with extreme weight loss and most anything at over 10 lbs per month is amazing.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:29 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Lisa - I always love reading your posts. You are the voice of calm and sanity in this sometimes crazy world of IP! Just when I am getting a bit frazzled by something challenging for me, I find one of your comments and think "Oh, yes, that sounds like a great idea".

I know you are so far along that there is no reason for you hang out with all the newbies, but you are a model and an inspiration for us to hang in there for the long run. THANKS
Old 09-15-2013, 10:38 AM   #63  

Hey
I notice several people are replying on TOP of their quote.

This is really hard to read.
Think about it.
If you're quoting, you are referring to a previous post.
That comes first, then your response.

That has been the "unwritten" protocol around here for as long as I've been here. Kind of an unwritten rule.

Anyway, just thought I'd mention it....
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Here is the info I posted the other day re: Quest bars. I'm also going to post this in the Quest Bar thread so it doesn't get lost again.

The Quest Coconut Cashew bars don't fit the IP profile (or maybe you could call them Super-restricted and limit to once/week). They have too much fat. Take fat calories (60) multiply by 3 (no more than 1/3 calories from fat) and you can see that there are too many calories from fat in this bar. You'd want no more than 56 calories from fat to be less than 1/3
The other Quest Bars that don't work (based on fat content) or would be Super Restricted:
Vanilla Almond Crunch,
Mixed Berry Bliss,
Peanut Butter Supreme,
Peanut Butter & Jelly,
White Chocolate Raspberry,
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

All of the other Quest bars would be restricted. There are two that fall right on the edge (Choc Peanut butter & Strawberry Cheesecake). Fat cals are under 1/3 (but not way under) and they both have 8 g carbs. I'd still call them restricted.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:42 AM   #64  
Started IP July 2013

S/C/G: 329/265/154

Height: 5'8"

I went for my WI yesterday and got new IP logbooks for my husband and I. The new books have the Potassium listed as 99 mg (the old ones were 800 mg with 200 mg Calcium.) When I asked about it they said that all the supplements have been reformulated. Has anyone seen anything official about this? Like a new official sheet or some type of explanation?
Old 09-15-2013, 10:55 AM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
I know you are so far along that there is no reason for you hang out with all the newbies, but you are a model and an inspiration for us to hang in there for the long run. THANKS
Oh yes there is a reason!

First: I am not at goal. There are folks here who have lost more than me and are nearing goal too! I'm looking at YOU IPN, Breakofday, Sonyasbug

Second: Nobody is perfect. I have a history of regaining weight.

Third: I am a firm believer in paying it forward. I don't believe I can keep what I have unless I give it away. In this case, it is what I've learned on my journey.

But...I'm getting more selective in who gets my time/energy. I gotta keep it positive and moving in a positive direction (or getting the scale to move in a negative direction).
Old 09-15-2013, 10:58 AM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnettac View Post
I went for my WI yesterday and got new IP logbooks for my husband and I. The new books have the Potassium listed as 99 mg (the old ones were 800 mg with 200 mg Calcium.) When I asked about it they said that all the supplements have been reformulated. Has anyone seen anything official about this? Like a new official sheet or some type of explanation?
Geez I'm posting a lot. Sorry

Anyway, yes, that occurred back in March. The reformulation involved a different type of postassium. With the current kind the 99 mg is equivalent to the 800 that was in the former formulation. Absorption will be the same.

We had quite a discussion about it at the time.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:19 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

DaY 3!!!

I had the Veg, Chili for breakfast and all I can say Is YUMMMMYYY!!!!

I am going to have abt 1/2 veggies for a snack in a bit
Lunch will be 3 oz of protein and 1 1/2 c veggies

this is getting easier (Thankfully!!)
Now if I can just quit my cheating i'll be good
Old 09-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #68  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

Today TOM arrived, but without the usual cramps and bloating I typically get 3 days ahead of time, so it was a surprise. Decided to step the scale to get a sense of what TOM would do to me while on IP (this is the 1st time since starting IP) and I'm down 1/2 a pound. Slipped on a pair of jeans that did not fit 3 weeks ago and now they do! Great way to start the week.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:29 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 197/132/140

Height: 5'6.5"

I am curious to know where the 'fat must be less than 30% of calories' rule came from. Over the months I have seen it here many times. There are at least a dozen IP packets that are over 30% fat. None of them are labeled super restricted. There are two RTDs that are over 30%. There are some IP packets that are over 40% fat (wafers and soy nuts). Is this a 3fatchicks rule?

Last edited by psjones; 09-15-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #70  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenbee815032 View Post
Hi everyone! I need some reassurance and I thought this would be the best place to go!! Today it has been 8 weeks on IP doing the alternative way I have lost 25.8 pounds so far. Which is Great!!! I even had two people finally notice on Friday. But.... (You knew that was coming didn't you...lol) I don't think I am losing like I should and I am wondering if I should be doing something different. I never went to a "Coach" I have just learned by reading these boards etc. I have stayed on plan, can't believe I haven't had real chocolate in 8 weeks. I have a EAS shake in the morning, for lunch I have Syntrax shake (Fuzzy Navel, Strawberry Kiwi or Chocolate Truffle) plus some veggies, then for dinner I have the protein with veggies, and then I have my snack at night usually it's a quest bar (Chocolate Peanut Butter, Coconut Cashew or Strawberry Cheesecake) but this week I changed to an EAS shake because I read somewhere that if you feel you are not losing stop the restricted for a little while, so that is what I have tried. Anyway, I want to share what I have lost weekly and if you don't mind can you let me know if I should change something up or if everything looks fine. I appreciate all the help I can get, and I am aware that this is a 3.2 lbs lose per week but the last couple weeks don't seem correct. Oh, and if this is important I started at 257, and it isn't the TOM or am I have a Big C. Thanks!
#1-8.4lbs #2-3lbs #3-1.6 lbs, #4-2.4 lbs, #5-3.6 lbs, #6-3.8 lbs, #7-1.2 lbs, #8-1.8 lbs
In the interest of historical reverence, I feel I must begin with Scorbett's best known quote, "Weight loss is not linear." There will be big losses and small losses and even no losses. I think your progress so far is good and on track. I know well how 2 weeks of smaller-than-expected losses can get inside your head, but, in the big picture, you are doing well. I eat very similarly to you with regard to the alternative shakes and bars. I do drop the restricteds for a few days or a week sometimes just to keep my body guessing and losing at the highest rate possible. I think it works, but I try not to do it too often as those restricteds are part of the plan and they do help, psychologically, to keep us on plan. I mean, think of a week with no restricteds and still a low or no loss at the scale. Then the mental game gets really hard.

Anyway, I think an average of 3lbs+ per week is right on track. I've been on for 30 weeks, and my average has slipped to below 3. Hang in there, make sure you're getting your water, salt, and oil in and, as Lisa would say, "Trust the program." You will see another big loss sometime soon. Keep up the good work!
Old 09-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #71  
Started IP 2/13/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
Because I am continuing to lose weight I have been hesitant to purchase new clothing. I have picked up transitional clothes at 2nd hand stores, goodwill, etc.. This week I have picked up several new outfits, as I am so close to goal. I still had not done anything about my atrociously ill fitting bras. They are actually caving in! Yesterday I finally bit the bullet and had a fitting at Victoria's Secret. I am down from a 38B to a 34C! No wonder my bras look so bad. I asked the sales girl, " are you sure that's the right size?" Ha ha. It is funny because when she asked if she could help me find a size I told her,"I have no idea what size I am!" I had to do the same thing when a clerk helped me find new pants. It is really strange to be in these sizes. I keep feeling as though they are suddenly not going to fit!

Anyway.....Congrats to all on recent losses and NSV's. I will be in Phoenix visiting family this week, but hope to check in periodically. Have a wonderful OP week!
Congrats on your loss and you're great new shape! 34-C, va-va-voom!

I have a question regarding bra fittings, which I need badly already. What is involved in a good bra fitting??? Are you . . . uh . . . completely bare?? I need to psychologically prepare myself. Thanks for any insights.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:13 PM   #72  
Started IP 2/13/13

SarahBell -- So glad you're doing so well so far. One note -- watch the dijon mustard. Most of it has carbs and is not OP. Check the label. You want 0 cals/0 fat/ 0 carbs -- usually that means yellow or brown mustard.

Deana -- Are you right back at it today? I hope you're not letting yesterday's breakfast derail you. I don't think any of us has never made an error or a compromise. The important thing is to learn from it and keep going. "All or nothing" thinking is what has gotten me where I am/was. I try very hard to ward it off now.

I tried a Quest bar for the first time yesterday. I was starving 2 hours later. I've never had that with my usual Pure Protein bar. Methinks I am abstaining from Quests from now on, too.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:26 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
SarahBell -- So glad you're doing so well so far. One note -- watch the dijon mustard. Most of it has carbs and is not OP. Check the label. You want 0 cals/0 fat/ 0 carbs -- usually that means yellow or brown mustard.

Deana -- Are you right back at it today? I hope you're not letting yesterday's breakfast derail you. I don't think any of us has never made an error or a compromise. The important thing is to learn from it and keep going. "All or nothing" thinking is what has gotten me where I am/was. I try very hard to ward it off now.

I tried a Quest bar for the first time yesterday. I was starving 2 hours later. I've never had that with my usual Pure Protein bar. Methinks I am abstaining from Quests from now on, too.
My Dijon is all of the above
Old 09-15-2013, 01:11 PM   #74  

Quote:
Originally Posted by psjones View Post
I am curious to know where the 'fat must be less than 30% of calories' rule came from. Over the months I have seen it here many times. There are at least a dozen IP packets that are over 30% fat. None of them are labeled super restricted. There are two RTDs that are over 30%. There are some IP packets that are over 40% fat (wafers and soy nuts). Is this a 3fatchicks rule?
Well, since alts aren't allowed on IP, someone here developed those guidelines.

The RTDs may be slightly over 30 but they are also low cal/low carb.
The wafers are restricted (I don't have a label for those so can't comment on cals/carbs).

I think the folks who came up with the alt guidelines were looking at generalizations. And personally, I think they are pretty good rules to follow. When making guidelines, the rule of averages had to be observed.

Even when I was using a coach, she would make suggestions that I be aware of which packets were lowest carb/cal/fat and which were higher. I was encouraged to use the lower ones more often and the higher ones less often. And on days when I added a packet for whatever reason, I was encouraged to use the orange drink or the peach/mango, because they're so low cal/carb & 0 fat.

So, I guess if you strayed a little, you'd have to come to your own conclusion with the scale as your witness on whether it was a good choice or not. I've just always figured that if I can follow the very restrictive IP protocol, I'm not gonna put those rules under a microscope. I can follow those guidelines, too. It works!

Quote:
I have a question regarding bra fittings, which I need badly already. What is involved in a good bra fitting??? Are you . . . uh . . . completely bare?? I need to psychologically prepare myself. Thanks for any insights.
Yup. I was.

Last edited by lisa32989; 09-15-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:30 PM   #75  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Congrats on your loss and you're great new shape! 34-C, va-va-voom!

A very nice young lady measured me in the dressing room over my t shirt. She then handed me bras through the cracked door. After I got into each one she would step in and check the fit....this was shirtless, but not bra-less. I broke into a sweat during the process, as it was a bit disconcerting. Lol. All in all,it was not too bad, and she was very gracious.
Closed Thread