Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 01:31 PM   #76  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
In the interest of historical reverence, I feel I must begin with Scorbett's best known quote, "Weight loss is not linear." There will be big losses and small losses and even no losses. I think your progress so far is good and on track. I know well how 2 weeks of smaller-than-expected losses can get inside your head, but, in the big picture, you are doing well. I eat very similarly to you with regard to the alternative shakes and bars. I do drop the restricteds for a few days or a week sometimes just to keep my body guessing and losing at the highest rate possible. I think it works, but I try not to do it too often as those restricteds are part of the plan and they do help, psychologically, to keep us on plan. I mean, think of a week with no restricteds and still a low or no loss at the scale. Then the mental game gets really hard.

Anyway, I think an average of 3lbs+ per week is right on track. I've been on for 30 weeks, and my average has slipped to below 3. Hang in there, make sure you're getting your water, salt, and oil in and, as Lisa would say, "Trust the program." You will see another big loss sometime soon. Keep up the good work!
Thanks! I appreciate your input!! I have been getting all my water, salt, etc. in I just think its my body doing its thing..LOL! I shouldn't really wonder about it because it is more than what I would lose on anything else. Just thought I needed to see what people thought and if maybe I was doing something that needed improved. Congrats on your weight lose you are doing great! I do have a head time at night though trying to think of different things to have though, do you ever have that problem? That is pretty much why I eat the same thing which is kinda dangerous because I am afraid that I am going to get tired of it. But when I try on clothes that I haven't been able to wear forever and they fit or too big that makes me happy!!
Old 09-15-2013, 02:03 PM   #77  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Happy Sunday all!!

I already posted in the alternatives thread, but wanted to let everyone know that a 15 pack of Detour bars is on sale at Costco this week for $12.79. Less than $1 a bar! Not sure if Costco is standard across Canada and the US.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:05 PM   #78  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
SarahBell -- So glad you're doing so well so far. One note -- watch the dijon mustard. Most of it has carbs and is not OP. Check the label. You want 0 cals/0 fat/ 0 carbs -- usually that means yellow or brown mustard.

Deana -- Are you right back at it today? I hope you're not letting yesterday's breakfast derail you. I don't think any of us has never made an error or a compromise. The important thing is to learn from it and keep going. "All or nothing" thinking is what has gotten me where I am/was. I try very hard to ward it off now.

I tried a Quest bar for the first time yesterday. I was starving 2 hours later. I've never had that with my usual Pure Protein bar. Methinks I am abstaining from Quests from now on, too.
Yes, as much as I know I messed up yesterday, I am back on it today, and am following OP as best of my ability as close as possible Thank you all for being so encouraging!
I think I ate an ounce or two more of protein yesterday than I was suppose to, so hopefully that doesn't throw me off course too much.... But That was yesterday, and I am being good now! Third day's a charm, right? lol
I had an awful headache this morning when I woke up, took some Tylenol, got my breakfast in, and then headed to church! This tiredness has really been kicking my butt, so I can't wait for my energy to boost back up!

On a different note, I am branching out to some of my different foods, and tried the mashed potatoes packet today, and didnt know how salty it was, and figured I would add some of my required salt to the mix... Bad idea, super salty! so I'm resentfully eating some salty potato soup... Oh well, we learn from our mistakes!
Old 09-15-2013, 02:08 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 249.4/180/WhenIFeelSexyNaked

Height: 5'eff all

I found a great excuse this weekend for explaing why I was not drinking
We were at a wedding and all my friends were really bugging me about why I wasnt drinking with them - I didnt know everyone at the table all that well so didnt really want to explain the whole IP thing bla bla bla

I just told them I didnt want to fail my court ordered pee test on Monday

You would be amazed how quickly they shut up!
Old 09-15-2013, 02:55 PM   #80  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskgirl View Post
We were at a wedding and all my friends were really bugging me about why I wasnt drinking with them - I didnt know everyone at the table all that well so didnt really want to explain the whole IP thing bla bla bla

LOL saskgirl! That'll tell the "nosy parkers." Why wouldn't people who don't know you well even care if you were drinking?
Old 09-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

I just made the cappuccino packet mixed it with decaf coffee and water and added some ice with a splash of vanilla extract and YUMMERS!!!

So far today is going really good. I am making Yakhni Pilau (pronounced plow) for everyone else, I am going to have one last hamburger and some chicken out of the pilau to top off my requirements for protein today

and soy puffs for a snack tonight.

This is NOT so hard at all ( I keep telling myself that all day!)
Old 09-15-2013, 03:43 PM   #82  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskgirl View Post

ROTFLOL!! That is hilarious! That'll certainly teach people to mind their own business.

I was telling a few friends yesterday about how my husband and I were going to go "out for a drink" while my son had a rare Saturday night activity to attend. I assured them that my drink was going to be my standby, "water with lime." I could not believe how they tried to talk me into having a drink. "Live a little!" "celebrate!" "you deserve it!" I just couldn't believe that. No way. I would not have had a better time knowing I was blowing my diet and neither would my husband. People just don't get it.

Anyway, I ordered this way, "ice water in a short glass with lime." I thought that was pretty self-explanatory, but the bartender returned for clarification. "So, you want water, but not in a water glass??" I said, "Yes, I would rather it look like a drink." I mean, who wants to sit at the bar with a drinking glass and straw?? Anyway, she got this ultra-sensitive look on her face and nodded sympathetically, "Oh, I understand." I'm pretty sure she thought I was in recovery. LOL I guess I am, but not the kind she thinks!

Thanks for the help on bra sizings. I guess it depends on who you get. I would feel much more comfortable with a t-shirt on. Despite weighing less that I have in ages, I am more self-conscious than ever.
Old 09-15-2013, 03:54 PM   #83  
My own kind of beautiful

Ok, so I don't want to sound dumb, but what exactly in Big Mac in a bowl? I keep seeing it everywhere, and I can't seem to find what it really is... Found it in a discussion on veggies, so I assume it is actually vegetable related? Or is it a IP food?
Old 09-15-2013, 03:57 PM   #84  
Third time's the charm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
Ok, so I don't want to sound dumb, but what exactly in Big Mac in a bowl? I keep seeing it everywhere, and I can't seem to find what it really is... Found it in a discussion on veggies, so I assume it is actually vegetable related? Or is it a IP food?
Delicious and what I am making for dinner tonight.

Basically lettuce, onions, dill pickles and extra lean ground beef (I use extra lean ground turkey) in a bowl with some Walden Farms 1000 Islands dressing! Tastes just like a Big Mac. Even my picky sister thought it was delicious!
Old 09-15-2013, 04:00 PM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Delicious and what I am making for dinner tonight.

Basically lettuce, onions, dill pickles and extra lean ground beef (I use extra lean ground turkey) in a bowl with some Walden Farms 1000 Islands dressing! Tastes just like a Big Mac. Even my picky sister thought it was delicious!
OMG YUMMY! Ican make that for lunch tomorrow
Old 09-15-2013, 04:02 PM   #86  
My own kind of beautiful

Does your walmart sell the WF products in store, or do I need to order them online?
Old 09-15-2013, 04:03 PM   #87  
Third time's the charm!

I am in Canada and have only been able to find them at a grocery store called Metro. I am pretty sure they are more accessible in the US?
Old 09-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #88  

Quote:
Does your walmart sell the WF products in store, or do I need to order them online?
If you have a Cub Foods or Hy-Vee they have them
Old 09-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #89  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
I have found WF dressings with the regular dressings at Walmart.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:18 PM   #90  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Just google "big mac in a bowl recipe" and you will easily find it. I generally do google searches and many times I include "ideal protein" or "3fatchicks" in my search. I am able to find info much more quickly this way.
Closed Thread