Old 09-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #61  
Gaining by Loosing

S/C/G: 202/201/160

Height: 5'4

Default Travel Kit

Have a look at this amazing 'travel kit'. I ran across this on one of the other threads and have ordered a bag for myself to take with me when I go on trips.

Fill it with what you need, i love how contained it is and discrete if you need to take it with you somewhere public

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...l-kit-bag.html
misslillyhansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #62  
Gaining by Loosing

Default Wonderful Travel Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulousdana View Post
Good morning everyone! Today starts day 5 for me. I am continuing to focus on what I am gaining versus what I am giving up each day. I'm excited to see what the next few weeks and months has in store for me.

Does anyone have any tips for business travel? I know my coach is going to give me some pointers as well. I will be traveling for work for two straight weeks pretty soon and I know that is going to be my biggest challenge so far.
Fabulousandana … i'm still trying to find my way around this site and replied to your post above but here it is again

I just found the bag on ebay and ordered one for myself … i'm excited to fill it up
Old 09-10-2013, 01:24 PM   #63  

I did end up a little headachy today, but I feel pretty good across the board. Official weight for the 12 days on plan (I was off for 2 weeks in the middle) is -8.8. This is so awesome that I can't really even believe it. Today will be the first full week I pulled off!
silverfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:29 PM   #64  
Gaining by Loosing

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
Hey all. Day 6 is almost over...thank goodness. Mondays usually are not my fav days anyhow.

Congrats silverfighter and becca. Amazing! I know that feeling is great. Keep on keeping on.

Today was a bit rough for me...the last time I did IP was so emotionally intense...anyone else feel this way? I have had a case of the blues and I am sure it has to do with changes in diet. Also, I have heard that carbs regulate to some extent serotonin. Hmmmmmm...

Anyways, glad to have you all here. I hope everyone is enjoying their night. Its been raining here in Denver and it looks like we are getting a cool down this week. Fall is almost here.
The emotions for me are intense too! We have our 36 yr old son back living with us and it's really testing me ….
I know that because i'm not 'medicating' myself with high carb/fat foods that I am at my most vulnerable and it's challenging. I've been praying a lot for protection and peace, that helps in the moments of chaos.
I do trust that 'this too shall pass' as we move along in our weight loss and find new coping skills for stressful situations instead of heading to the kitchen!

I'm off to play tennis and hopefully leave it ALL ON THE COURTS
Old 09-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #65  
Started IP 9/6/13

S/C/G: 244/229/180

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslillyhansen View Post
Fabulousandana … i'm still trying to find my way around this site and replied to your post above but here it is again

I just found the bag on ebay and ordered one for myself … i'm excited to fill it up
Thank you! I will take a look. I will be out of town M-F, then on an overnight winery trip Sat and Sun, and then I fly out again M-F. It's going to be a challenge!!
Fabulousdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:44 PM   #66  

I just started the IP (not with a clinic) phase 1 today. I saw my cousin over Labor Day, she looked fantastic and found out what she did. It's only been two meals so far but I guess I'm 1/2 way through the first day. I love this forum to be able to get ideas and inspiration for others. Hello to all the other September starters!
MegMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:28 PM   #67  

Hello MissLillyHansen...I am glad I am not alone in reagrd to "feeling" a bit more lately. It's funny how we use certain "tools" or food in my case to cope. I wish that I was more opposite in that sense...that rather than want to eat to release I managed to make healthy choices as a way to exert control of situations and not vice versa. I am learning...one day at a time...patience has never been a virtue that came naturally.

Great job smooshie!

Welcome MegMD. I have been through phase 1 days a few times with inital starting, reboots, and maintainence and it really is a matter of riding it out should you start to feel icky. I have done phase 1 for the first couple days without any problems (this time around) and had other times where I didn't feel well at all. Nonetheless, if that should happen come here for support and encouragement. There is always a TFC IP family member around to help. IP is a great effective way to lose weight and while rigid works amazing! I have tried others and have found this to be the best out there for me. I think you will love the results and the way you feel after you get in the groove.

Cheers everyone. Day 7 is half-way over!
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:13 PM   #68  

Default Second time around

Hi everyone! This is my second time around doing the ideal protein diet and maybe this time a support group will help achieve my goal. Good luck to all of you!(:
Emmibearz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:13 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cass2ander View Post
Hi, anyone want to form a new group for peeps just starting? I really need the support and I'm looking for some buddies!

I am restarting IP... I can't help to think of where I would be by now if I hadn't fallen off the IP wagon.... So back at it again! I had tremendous results the first time!

Hope we can inspire, and support each other!
I am restarting also as of Sept. 2, Gained some of the weight I lost the first time around, ready to knock it out this time, lol. Lost 5.8 first week back, I'll take it I lurked a lot last year but plan on being more involved with the forum this go round, Let's do it!!

Diana
Diana B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:54 PM   #70  

I am really tempted to cheat right now. I've already had a restricted item today and want another one... Talk me off the ledge ladies!
Smooshie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:56 PM   #71  
Started IP 9/6/13

S/C/G: 244/229/180

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooshie76 View Post
I am really tempted to cheat right now. I've already had a restricted item today and want another one... Talk me off the ledge ladies!
Don't do it! Drink a tall glass of water! If not that, what about a bite or two of a veggie? When I am hungry, I will grab a pepper slice from the fridge or something like that and it really helps! My thought is, that if I am going to "cheat" then I should take a bite or two of veggies. Way fewer calories than a restricted.

Last edited by Fabulousdana; 09-11-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Fabulousdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default Off the ledge... First do this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooshie76 View Post
Quite simply... It is too soon...too easy to stop already. You haven't given this a chance to reap any reward. And one has to say why are you throwing in the towel so soon?

Get a piece of paper .. NOW. Make two columns.
Now, Make two lists..
One:Why I want to lose weight / do IP diet
Two: Why not?

Then two sentences on what giving up now will get you, and two more sentences on what sticking to this for the next 8 weeks will result in.

Use words only.. No number figures (or words for a number.)

If you stick it out .... Put this where you can find and re-read it when needed.....!

Last edited by 65X65; 09-11-2013 at 04:02 PM.
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:21 PM   #73  

Thanks ladies. I resisted and the craving us behind me. Whew that was hard! I want it too badly to give up though.
Smooshie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:14 PM   #74  

Made it to day 8! Feels good. I am struggling to eat everything on the plan some days, though I am pulling it off by the time I go to bed. I don't know why this feels like SO much food!
silverfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:07 PM   #75  

Silverthorne day 8 down for me too! Today was rough with cravings mainly because I woke up feeling bloated with a 2lb gain...so disappointing esp because i have been 100 faithful. Anyways I started spotting later today which I suspect may have something to do with it although Tom is not due until end of month.

I read on another thread users sharing what brought them here.

That being said what brought everyone here? When was your moment?
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote