Old 09-13-2013, 05:20 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I'm new here and just began IP on 9/3/13. In 10 days, I've lost 10 lbs. in 10 days! I have a ways to go, but I love the ladies at the place I do the diet! Very encouraging!

I turn 40 this December, and because I have allowed my pre-mature gray hair to grow in and no longer dye, I decided I could go into my 40's either fat OR gray, but NOT both! I also have a condition that requires me to lose weight so I won't go blind.
zephyr1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:07 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 236.6/218.0/165

Height: 5'7"

Happy Saturday September Peeps!! Hope everyone has a great day!!
MrsBez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:11 AM   #93  
Gaining by Loosing

S/C/G: 202/201/160

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyr1973 View Post
I'm new here and just began IP on 9/3/13. In 10 days, I've lost 10 lbs. in 10 days! I have a ways to go, but I love the ladies at the place I do the diet! Very encouraging!

I turn 40 this December, and because I have allowed my pre-mature gray hair to grow in and no longer dye, I decided I could go into my 40's either fat OR gray, but NOT both! I also have a condition that requires me to lose weight so I won't go blind.
Good morning Zephyr I let my hair go when i was around 35 and am now totally white and LOVE it
Personally i think it can become a bit of a rut by dying your hair, it requires constant upkeep and as you get older and you get more and more 'white' (grey) … I could only go a couple of weeks before I had to do root touch ups!
It's very liberating and so many cute styles you can get to be a 'trend setter'

Sounds like you are headed into your 40's looking' FAB …. good for you. xo
misslillyhansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:18 AM   #94  

I'm 11 days in... I'm finding this week harder than the first week actually. I'm sticking to the diet and haven't cheated but my motivation isn't the same. I think part of it is my coach... I'm finding her a bit disorganized and couldn't get a comparison of inches because of an error and her scale is different from mine. I dunno, I'm just not as excited this week. But I am sticking to it and I can feel the difference in my clothes even if her measurements don't reflect it. I need to focus on that.
Smooshie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 236.6/218.0/165

Height: 5'7"

Smooshie, don't get discouraged. My coach totally sucks in every way (that is a WHOLE other post) but I am committed to doing this for ME and so I will be sticking to it no matter what. I do my own weighing and measuring at home and don't pay much attention to what her stats say.
MrsBez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:24 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 173/17o/140

Height: 5'2"

Had my first weigh-in yesterday (day 6) and was somewhat disappointed to find I had lost only 3.4 lbs. But then my coach measured me and I had lost 5.25 inches so not so bad after all. I'm having problems with constipation and my swears that once we get that worked out, I'll do really well. My clinic is out of Novilax and won't get it again for weeks, so we're trying to find acceptable alternates.
Vine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:34 PM   #97  

Thanks MrsBez, that makes me feel a lot better! I weigh myself and can see a bigger loss than her scale, plus clothes that didn't fit before fit now... I thi I I'll go by own stuff instead of hers. Glad I'm not the only one with a su my coach although I'm sorry yours isn't great.
Smooshie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:22 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 176/170/130

Height: 5"3

Default started this week

just started on wed this week and have already lost 5 pounds. my stomach constantly feels sick tho, not liking that. and between lunch and dinner i get super dizzy and freak out ( i have bad panic attacks and this isn't helping) i've had to drink the shake between lunch and dinner just to stay sane.. i don't feel hungry at all i just feel "wrong" i guess. hopefully it goes away. my fav foods are the broc and cheese soup and the chili so far. on and the omlet with herb and ch. everything else ive tried i have not liked... at all. lol.
listlesslyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:24 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 176/170/130

Height: 5"3

how do i get a little weight loss ticker?
listlesslyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:47 PM   #100  

listlesslyss, If you don't connect with your coach, can you see if perhaps there is another coach that could work with you? I actually did that myself. I like my first coach, but due to some health issues, I discussed my concerns with the nurse, and now one of the co-owners of the place I go works with me. It was a day and night difference!

I would bring the issue of your dizziness and how it leads to panic attacks to the attention of the nurse on staff. He or she should be able to help you.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:50 PM   #101  

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslillyhansen View Post
Good morning Zephyr I let my hair go when i was around 35 and am now totally white and LOVE it
Personally i think it can become a bit of a rut by dying your hair, it requires constant upkeep and as you get older and you get more and more 'white' (grey) … I could only go a couple of weeks before I had to do root touch ups!
It's very liberating and so many cute styles you can get to be a 'trend setter'

Sounds like you are headed into your 40's looking' FAB …. good for you. xo
Awww! You're so sweet! I sometimes mourn the loss of my beautiful long, wavy hair, but I do NOT miss having to do touch-ups just about twice a week! I do NOT have time for that! LOL!

One of my friend's mothers grayed early, and I always thought she looked so classy with her one-length gray hair pulled back into a loose ponytail! I cannot wait to have longer hair AND weigh less!!
Old 09-14-2013, 10:49 PM   #102  

@ Listlesslyss I am glad you brought this up. I suffer from general anxiety and panic attacks as well and anytime there is something up with my body I freak and thinking I am dying. When I did ip las year to get to goal I went throughout the same things. Because I have been through the program (back fir a reboot) I hope I can help alleviate some of your fears.

I definitely felt weird... and although it got better (took me several weeks) I still always felt a bit different
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:00 PM   #103  

S/C/G: Restart: 233/ 214/ 170

Height: 5'1

i started three weeks ago - for the 2nd time. My weight loss is slow just like the last time i did IP. This time i want to prepare myself better for the day when i transition to Paleo Maintenance instead of the cheat day free for all that I was consumed with the last time.
Figgypudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:03 PM   #104  

S/C/G: Restart: 233/ 214/ 170

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
Had my first weigh-in yesterday (day 6) and was somewhat disappointed to find I had lost only 3.4 lbs. But then my coach measured me and I had lost 5.25 inches so not so bad after all. I'm having problems with constipation and my swears that once we get that worked out, I'll do really well. My clinic is out of Novilax and won't get it again for weeks, so we're trying to find acceptable alternates.
I highly recommend digestive enzymes and probiotics. They handle the root of the big C for me and prevent me from getting it.
Figgypudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:04 PM   #105  

Oops I got cut off....

I like you always had my snack before lunch and dinner and never wanted one in the evening it was fine and I think whatever works for you is great

In terms of what could be contributing to your anxiety I think it could be s several things:

Ip has a lot of artificial stuff Nd dome people are very sensitive I myself think I am a bit and th a t US why it took my body much longer to adjust

Anytime you make changes it impacts routine for me to "deprive" myself it created anxiety and because I was focusing on losing weight I think think it brought up a lot of fear around failure why I let myself gain etc

Because you are prone to panic you probably are more in tune not that others are not to what you perceive as warning signs

What I did to help get through was get enough sleep, do things I enjoyed, meditated, and honestly took a xanax w hen I needed it which was honestly quite a bit until I knew my feelings were normal and pay of the program for me

You and I started at the same weight and I can tell you it's worth it I promise it won't take you to long and you won't regret doing it let me know if you have any other questions

I was so scared when I started and brought it up on here a few times and no one could relate so I am glad to hear I am not alone by sorry you aren't feeling great yet but trust me it gets better

Just go day by day
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote