Height: 5`6``

annik, i live in selkirk, 30 minutes outside of the city
Old 06-01-2013, 08:41 PM   #62  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Poles1Girl View Post
I have this often and am still giddy when I'm done with my meal. I usually kick it up a notch by adding some baked ground turkey meatballs.
Since you mentioned it....that is exactly what i had with it tonight! DH really liked it and so did my son.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:55 PM   #63  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed1970 View Post
I am two days in and was wondering what people eat? The soup is making me nauseous and I can't swallow the pudding. It is too sweet and the aftertaste is awful. I liked the lemon bar and the chocolate ball things, but everything else has made me gag. At this point, even salad and vegetables are putting me off food. I am going to bed tonight with about 4 ounces of grilled chicken and I feel so nauseous. I know I am not getting enough calories, but I really feel sick. I have seen the results of others in my town firsthand, so I know the amazing results. I just don't think I can do this. Anyone else feel this way? What did you do?
I had a similar experience the first few days. I literally choked down the broccoli cheese soup. I have never tried it again. I usually do the chocolate drink for breakfast (i make it into a mocha frappuccino in my magic bullet) and i look forward to it every morning. I drink the mango RTD for lunch along with 2 cups of veggies and a tossed salad, sometimes roasted cauliflower or another roasted veggie. You can do a lot with your meat or fish and veggies for dinner, a lot of the recipes on this site are great and also give you good ideas.

Hang in there. Your tastes will change too, and you will adjust to the reduced calories. As everyone suggested to me, make sure you get your salt and oil.

Good luck!
Old 06-01-2013, 09:07 PM   #64  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Michy, I am in Dauphin.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:11 PM   #65  

Quote:
I am two days in and was wondering what people eat? The soup is making me nauseous and I can't swallow the pudding. It is too sweet and the aftertaste is awful. I liked the lemon bar and the chocolate ball things, but everything else has made me gag. At this point, even salad and vegetables are putting me off food. I am going to bed tonight with about 4 ounces of grilled chicken and I feel so nauseous. I know I am not getting enough calories, but I really feel sick. I have seen the results of others in my town firsthand, so I know the amazing results. I just don't think I can do this. Anyone else feel this way? What did you do?
I KNEW I'd hate many things all by themselves. The "Fun with Veggie Purees" thread was a lifesaver for me.

I ate soups every day for lunch for months (with veggie puree in them). I never liked the Broccoli/Cheese soup tho.

The pudding might be better at first as a shake. Mix with 8 oz water and then blend with ice in the blender. I also make my puddings into muffins (recipe on Recipe #4 thread)

The sickness will pass & then you can try the foods you didn't like again.
It is the ketosis detox that has you feeling so lousy. Usually clears up by day 5. Extra salt and lots of water might help.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:39 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 160/160/125

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalsgettingfit View Post
So I was just looking through a thread with peoples ideas for ways to shake up the IP packets and I saw someone tslking about miracle noodles? Are those phase one appropriate?
Yes, it is tofu. Count as a meat
Old 06-01-2013, 09:43 PM   #67  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoleroper View Post
Yes, it is tofu. Count as a meat
Not Miracle Noodles - that brand is made with plant fibers and counts solely as an "extra". There are brands of Shiritaki noodles made with tofu, but they do not contain enough protein to count as part of your meat portion and they also contain carbs.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:56 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 196.5/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Went out to dinner tonight with family and friends at a chain called Cheddars. I did fine ordering salmon and broccoli. As I walked into the restaurant and later when we were finished, I was soooo blown away at what was on other people's plates! I was seeing all the high calorie foods and sheer volume of food and the size of the person eating the food. That alone made me realize what a change I have made inside myself because I used to be like them. What an eye opener.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:27 PM   #69  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alamo girl View Post
Went out to dinner tonight with family and friends at a chain called Cheddars. I did fine ordering salmon and broccoli. As I walked into the restaurant and later when we were finished, I was soooo blown away at what was on other people's plates! I was seeing all the high calorie foods and sheer volume of food and the size of the person eating the food. That alone made me realize what a change I have made inside myself because I used to be like them. What an eye opener.
OMG, I am also amazed at what people are eating! And I was one of them. Been going to family picnics and birthday parties and the focus on
food is crazy! Just way to much!

I have learned so much from IP, including portion control and that I dont
need all that food. I feel so much better! Pray it continues

D
Old 06-01-2013, 10:37 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 153.8/142/120

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomi View Post
Day 4 of IP - feeling nauseated, fatigued and my stomach hurts. Did anyone else experience this?
I hope you're felling better. Hopefully, your coach gave you the handouts on what to expect the first week. It helped me to know I might be a little (or really) miserable. Most people have at least one day in the first week that feels awful. That's what I was referring to in our chat this morning, when I said the first week is rough. Your body is going through a lot of changes which take a toll. This too shall pass, and it definitely makes me think twice about making any tweaks to the plan. That's not to say I've been 100%. I wish that were true. However, I remember that awful feeling that's kind of like the flu mixed with a hangover, and it helps me remember that once I reached ketosis I wanted to stay there until the end. It really does get better. Make sure you're getting in all of your water, supplements, salt, and foods. You can also have an extra unrestricted packet in the first week if you need it. Hang in there!
Old 06-01-2013, 11:25 PM   #71  

S/C/G: me:153/129/130 him:243/203/185

Height: me 5'5" him 5'9"

Tomi-
Day 2 was horrible for me, I was vomiting and felt like I was going to die, I went to bed without eating and with a horrible headache, hangover and the flu all rolled into one about sums it up. After that one day, it was all good. Week 1 I dealt with a lot of hunger and nausea, but by week 2 every day is a 10. I'm bummed I can't take an afternoon power nap anymore because I am just not tired. I am amazed at how much better I feel without the carb roller coaster.
Hang in there, this is an amazing program, with RESULTS. I am a believer! And the food amazingly starts to taste better, though I still don't like the aftertaste of the pudding. Sugarfree torani syrup mixed in masks it a little, plus eating it super cold (freezer for 20 minutes).
Keep reading these boards, there are pinterest and facebook pages too. The more you learn the better.
You can do it!
Old 06-01-2013, 11:52 PM   #72  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
I had a similar experience when I started and I sort of muscled thru until I found a few packets I could tolerate or actually liked. As others mentioned, I added veggies to the soups and I armed myself with a variety of spices to fix anything I didn't like....thank goodness I like cinnamon. I threw out the butterscotch pudding after one bite and have never had it again!

In the beginning, other than finding one or two you can tolerate, consider cooking/baking with them. It really does help.

Oh, something else that I'd adopted years ago....the saying "it's just one meal". Meaning, I don't have to love everything, it's nourishment but not enjoyable nourishment. That pulled me thru many "first taste" moments. I think I had the cappuccino drink for breakfast for 4 months straight.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:54 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

I made it through the party! No cheats at all! I go home in the am.
Old 06-02-2013, 12:31 AM   #74  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilH3 View Post
I made it through the party! No cheats at all! I go home in the am.
Building muscles and building resolve. Good job!
Old 06-02-2013, 01:02 AM   #75  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Wow! Wild nite in the STL area last nite.
Although there were multiple tornados, my neighborhood just got a bad thunderstorm. Power stayed on.
Heavy damage to spot neighborhoods just a few miles away. Thank goodness nothing like the devastation in Moore, OK a couple weeks ago. The sirens went off FOUR TIMES last night.
As I was listening to the news last night, I was praying for the safety of my better half and you and your family too. I shudder every spring when I hear about tornadoes. I want to stay here in Colorado where I am relatively safe from Mother Nature's wrath. (Grew up in Southern California, I really do not miss the earthquakes)

I know lots of IPeeps have weird dreams, I have them too except mine do not include food or me eating. Mine seem to involve my ex husband, I always wake up feeling like I need a shower. I don't understand and perhaps I don't want too either. I just wish I would dream about almost anything else than someone who made me so miserable.

I have had a long day and my head is really starting to hurt, so I will bid everyone a wonderful rest of their weekend.

Last edited by MntRose; 06-02-2013 at 01:03 AM.
Closed Thread