Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 11:25 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 153.8/142/120

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Wow! Wild nite in the STL area last nite.
Although there were multiple tornados, my neighborhood just got a bad thunderstorm. Power stayed on.
Heavy damage to spot neighborhoods just a few miles away. Thank goodness nothing like the devastation in Moore, OK a couple weeks ago. The sirens went off FOUR TIMES last night.
I am so glad that you and so many others are safe. This has been a devastating storm season. The families of those affected continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:46 AM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIEDAWN View Post
Good morning! Glad everything is well with you, Lisa. Those sirens would send me through the roof! Scary.... I'm also thinking about changing it up with the phases, but I'm not entirely confident with it yet.

I was reading another thread about too much daily protein taxing your kidneys. I average about 90-110 grams of protein daily. Do you think this is too much for me? (I'm 177 lbs)
Nice thing about this plan is it isn't a high protein diet. It is moderate protein. We don't really increase protein when we go on IP, just reduce carbs/fat
Old 06-01-2013, 12:01 PM   #18  

Height: 5'7"

Again, I will ask the question....Does the IP Forum have a Moderator?
Old 06-01-2013, 12:02 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Poles1Girl View Post
Again, I will ask the question....Does the IP Forum have a Moderator?
Yes, there are moderators. Why do you ask? Is there something wrong?
Old 06-01-2013, 12:12 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Yes, there are moderators. Why do you ask? Is there something wrong?
Thank you IPNewbie!!

I have a few questions for them. I appreciate your reply.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:16 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 153.8/142/120

Height: 5'0"

Okay, my fiancé has been inspired by my weight loss and is ready to start exercising. That's awesome, because a big motivation for me is enjoying the water, and now that I'm feeling ready to go, his body issues are holding him back. Here's the thing - I just lowered my goal (in my head and on the ticker), but I feel like we would both benefit from planning days to go to the gym and doing more active things together, like hiking and cycling. I tried working out on IP around week 6 and 7, and it slowed my losses significantly. I'm thinking about going ahead and phasing off starting next weekend. My original goal was 120-125 fully dressed, but I dropped it to 115. The ticker shows my weight in jeans, shoes, etc, but my "nekkid" weight today was 121, so I'm so close. Now, that the numbers are in sight, more important things like fitting in an actual size instead of between sizes and toning up are becoming much more important than a number (that, let's be honest, changes throughout the day). I see that a lot of you are starting to phase off, too. I guess I'm just looking for a little advice and some good sounding boards from people in all phases. I've been kind of waffling about the time to start phasing off for a while. At one point, 130 was that magic number that I couldn't break for long. I'd hit 127 or so and go right back up. Now, that I'm near 120, I feel like I have to break that one, too, but part of me knows that's just part of the mental game. I'm just nervous. P1 seemed so challenging in the beginning, but except for a few hiccups, it has been so comfortable. Change is scary. Okay, I'll stop babbling now.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:22 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 187/138/140

Height: 5'3"

Day 3 on IP and an EPIC fail on chocolate pancakes this morning. I may have added half an ounce too much water but you wouldn't think it'd make THAT much of a difference. It ran all over the grill and didn't really cook so I attempted other ways of cooking the rest but regardless it didn't taste that great. I choked it down dipping it an ounce of milk as I don't want to be hungry and haven't figured out alternatives yet.

I did have a fantastic dinner of turkey lettuce wraps last night!! Even my daughter asked for seconds and devoured them (she is a picky eater who mostly just wants carbs). But I still need to figure out if there are things I can eat instead of packets as most don't seem to be cutting it for me, high on the discussion list for my check-in Weds.

I'm off for a overnight camping trip with preschoolers! I've packed all my own food as their dinner menu has hardly anything on it for IPers. I'm feeling like I have the willpower to avoid all the junk they will inevitably have too (I've even been avoiding the small tastes of things I make for my daughter).

Sorry for the novel, feeling chatty I guess as I continuously process everything IP.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:36 PM   #23  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
It's in the links in the first post "Fun With Veggie Purees" #5.
Thank you! I am so excited to make this tonight or tomorrow. I miss pasta and have used zucchini for lasagna in the past; but with lots of cheese and store bought sauce.

Lisa, I am so glad to hear you are safe and had not damage. I have friends in the St. Louis area and was wondering how things are with them. I will have to reach out to them this weekend.

Good luck to everyone this weekend on staying OP!
Old 06-01-2013, 12:42 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
Thank you! I am so excited to make this tonight or tomorrow. I miss pasta and have used zucchini for lasagna in the past; but with lots of cheese and store bought sauce.
I have this often and am still giddy when I'm done with my meal. I usually kick it up a notch by adding some baked ground turkey meatballs.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:05 PM   #25  

Height: 5' 7"

Making my Rhubarb crisp again. Should have enough to last my through Monday...I hope..LOL
Old 06-01-2013, 01:07 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Making my Rhubarb crisp again. Should have enough to last my through Monday...I hope..LOL
I'm making some too today! I have been mixing in a little WF rasberry jam, I'm in love.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:23 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allisgirl View Post
Thanks for all the great tips for my golf outing, I just put a protein drink in freezer and I got my veggies cut up and ready to go. Have a great day to all!
Enjoy your golf outing!!! I work in the golf industry, great sport. Am sure that going to the outing with a solid plan will help so much.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #28  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyasbug View Post
I'm making some too today! I have been mixing in a little WF rasberry jam, I'm in love.
Thanks Sonya, I'll have to try that next time. I'm headed to the store later and will pick some up...I have read on here that someone puts strawberry syrup in theirs and want to try that as well. rhubarb is my new found desert...LOL
Old 06-01-2013, 01:32 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Three weeks from today our only child will be getting married! We are very excited and busy getting the house ready for both the rehearsal dinner and the wedding. The are having their reception at Fenway Park in Boston which will be wonderful

Will pick up my gown next Sat, at that time everything will be done. Have lost 25 pounds since I bought the gown!!! They have done a great job with the alterations. This gown is what inspired me to do IP in the first place. It is a fitted gown, something I never bought before.

Have decided to do one week of Phase 1, just to make sure I am where I want to be for the wedding. Then I will phase off to be ready for the big day.

Have a wonderful day!!!
Old 06-01-2013, 01:35 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Thanks Sonya, I'll have to try that next time. I'm headed to the store later and will pick some up...I have read on here that someone puts strawberry syrup in theirs and want to try that as well. rhubarb is my new found desert...LOL
I have my rhubarb with WF strawberry ayrup and it's sooo good. I actually really enjoy making it and then eating it cold straight from the refrigerator. Very nice, cool treat for the summer! I bet it would be good frozen into a popsicle mold like a fruit bar!

Actually, I will share with you all a slightly embarrassing story, but I think some people may empathize LOL. Yesterday I made microwaved some rhubarb right before work in a little tupperware container. I was in a rush, so I put the cover on and tossed it into my dinner bag (plastic grocery store bag) and headed out. When I got to work, I saw that it had exploded in the bag from pressure/being too hot. I thought to myself, "OH HELLZ NO" and scraped it out of the bag and back into the container. Wasn't going to let that good stuff go to waste!!

Last edited by AnnaBoBanna; 06-01-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Closed Thread