Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 05:29 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 5/31/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 05-31-2013, 07:37 AM   #2  
Started IP 5/20/13

S/C/G: 193/175.2/140

Height: 5' 7"

I'm driving to visit friends today and going to a BBQ. We'll see what I can find to eat, I'm taking packets with me just in case but fingers crossed!
Old 05-31-2013, 07:57 AM   #3  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRP2689 View Post
I'm driving to visit friends today and going to a BBQ. We'll see what I can find to eat, I'm taking packets with me just in case but fingers crossed!
Good luck. I took an RTD and some fresh veggies chopped in a ziploc. I also had my bottled water with a packet of propel zero at the last bbq i attended.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 283/268/150

Height: 5'6

Hello...I've been doing ip very successfully since January. No complaints! But, this week I've had some trouble falling asleep and this morning I feel like I have a ton of adrenaline coursing through me...has anyone felt this way? I don't know if this is a hormonal thing? It is my Tom.

Thanks!
Old 05-31-2013, 08:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 184/149/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi Sweet She - yes I think that is normal with all your body changes and hormonal changes. I've had days that I'll wake up at 5:30 ready to go, and I had just got home from work at midnight! Use it to your advantage to get things done. I just have to adjust how I eat those days, I will spread my veggies out or maybe eat egg whites to get through the extra long days. Good luck!
Old 05-31-2013, 09:06 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

After some sweet loses over the past few weeks, I have stalled this week. No worries because I have gone down a pant size and that is great news.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:21 AM   #7  
4/13-12/13 80lbs Loss

S/C/G: 256/176/120

Height: 5'0"

Here's my pep talk for myself for the day!

Please don't give up, I know this is hard. My week two, four and seven were disappointing, but I have a 100+ pounds left to lose and I haven't been able to lose it no matter what else I've tried. I've lost more pounds in the seven weeks of IP than I did with two days a week at a personal trainer plus six days a week cardio and dieting for a year. I think of all that hard work I put in just put the weight back on because I didn't have the tools to keep it off. IP will get you there if you let it.

I've been having some down days this week because I only lost 1.8lbs last week and have been deviating by adding spices (Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, light mayo) that have sugar. I've been feeling guilty and disappointed in myself. BUT - I put on my jeans this morning and thought they were a little snug and got upset. I asked my husband to check the tag and I was shocked when he told me that I had put on the smaller of the two pairs of identical jeans that I have. I couldn't fit into these last weekend! Needless to say, we all have our ups and downs but we have to believe in ourselves, believe that we can do this and let IP work it's magic!
Old 05-31-2013, 09:40 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 205/199/160

Height: 5'4"

I am going to a Senior Classic golf outing Saturday it will be an all day event not sure what they are serving not sure what to do. I will have my protein shake for breakfast and I will take a bottle of protein drink with me for lunch and hopefully they serve some kind of veggies. Not sure what I am going to do if they don't. We will be doing alot of walking so do not want to have anything to carry. Last weekend it was grad party's and cooking for lots of company at my house and this weekend golf outing these weekend are killin me! But life is full of bumps and I know I can do it even if I may have a couple of slow weeks. Only 20 lbs to go and I Will Get It Done!
Old 05-31-2013, 10:58 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 153.8/142/120

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allisgirl View Post
I am going to a Senior Classic golf outing Saturday it will be an all day event not sure what they are serving not sure what to do. I will have my protein shake for breakfast and I will take a bottle of protein drink with me for lunch and hopefully they serve some kind of veggies. Not sure what I am going to do if they don't. We will be doing alot of walking so do not want to have anything to carry. Last weekend it was grad party's and cooking for lots of company at my house and this weekend golf outing these weekend are killin me! But life is full of bumps and I know I can do it even if I may have a couple of slow weeks. Only 20 lbs to go and I Will Get It Done!
I completely understand not wanting to carry anything. Is it possible to pack a small cooler or lunch tote with 1-2 cups of crunchy veggies and an ice pack? That way, you can keep it in the car and have something to chew on the way there and/or the way back. For me, one of the hardest challenges is passing "convenient" food stops after a long day of resisting temptation. Knowing that I have my veggies to chomp on helps me keep those cravings in check.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:07 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 184/149/150

Height: 5'7"

Red face

Nalaroo- you can do it! Yaaaa on smaller jeans

Allis- I golf and will make a drink packet and freeze it so I can drink it prob half way or when I think i need it. I also bring celery sticks and a bar in my bag just in case i need it. Remember you should have extra nonrestricted When using that much energy. Hopefully there will be a simply protein and salad to eat after.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:24 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalaroo View Post
I've lost more pounds in the seven weeks of IP than I did with two days a week at a personal trainer plus six days a week cardio and dieting for a year.
Sadly I have to totally agree.. I've done serious exercise for years ( including a half marathon) and it never helped me drop a pound. IP is the ONLY thing that has ever worked. That being said, however, I am adding exercise back in slowly as I consider it my "anti-depression" and "heart health" medication, and believe it will help in maintenance. It really improves the mood! But not so helpful for weight loss!

Speaking of maintenance, i skimmed the daily chat yesterday and it seems several of us are starting phase 3 this weekend.... this morning I looked at my husbands's blueberries and strawberries and was totally scared of them. I know its what we are supposed to do, but the thought of adding grains, fruit etc terrifies me-- anyone else feel the same way?
Old 05-31-2013, 12:16 PM   #12  

Default Day 4 and eye sockets hurt, not feeling great is this normal?

Hi this is my first post on the blog. I am on day 4 and I starting yesterday I feel I just feel crummy. My stomach was killing me yesterday and then got better. But the rest of the day and today, I just feel crummy and my eye sockets hurt. Is this normal? I could not eat my salad yesterday but I did have all my packages and two cups of veggies for the day. Need some advice? Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 05-31-2013, 12:25 PM   #13  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

I have been in a bad habit of eating out a lot over the last several years. My kids are grown and my youngest just finished his second year of college. So, hubby & I haven't done a lot of cooking at home, and this has contributed to our weight gain.

I have faithfully been making meals at home since starting IP on the 13th of May. I do travel for work and when I have been out of town I take a cooler with water and my lunch time RTD. I go to Subway and get the veggie chopped salad with oil & vinegar dressing.

With that said, I am finding it is exhausting coming up with ideas for dinner and all the prep work that goes into our meals. I am having to prepare my meal separately just so I have the correct amounts of protein and veggies. I don't mean to complain and I think we are probably saving money by not eating out. I guess I just wanted to vent a little today because I am sitting here at my desk thinking of what I need to make for dinner tonight that will satisfy everyone (my son is home for the summer break).

Old 05-31-2013, 12:29 PM   #14  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all! Day 16 and rockin' and rollin'. Woke up hungry as heck and so I added some grilled shrimp to my morning drink. I find I function better if I have some protein anyhow. Onwards and upwards. NSV today - I put on one of my favorite skirts which was tight before I started and fits P-E-R-F-E-C-T-L-Y now! Woot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinny52904 View Post
Hi this is my first post on the blog. I am on day 4 and I starting yesterday I feel I just feel crummy. My stomach was killing me yesterday and then got better. But the rest of the day and today, I just feel crummy and my eye sockets hurt. Is this normal? I could not eat my salad yesterday but I did have all my packages and two cups of veggies for the day. Need some advice? Thanks in advance for your help!
The first days are hard. The eye sockets hurting could be a bit of a headache. Are you getting enough salt? I think Day 4 was my worst day. I wish I had kept a journal. You may find that having your lean protein meal for lunch, or a bit of your protein at breakfast helps with some of the crummy feelings.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:34 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Two 20-somethings stopped me this morning (separately, no less!) to ask me where I got my little dress. In my 37 years, this has never, ever, ever happened. Who am I??? Amazing. If that doesn't kick off a great weekend to start phasing off, I don't know what will.
Closed Thread