Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 10:54 PM   #76  

Default Day 1

Not only is this my first day on IP, but it's the first time I've ever posted on a forum.
I can't tell you how much I weigh, because I don't want to know. My educated guess is that I have about 40lbs to lose. Seeing how much you have all lost is totally inspiring to me.
Uh-oh it's just about snack time!
Old 05-31-2013, 10:57 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 155.6/155.6/135

Height: 5`6``

one of the ones i bought is called new star. spinach plus baby kale, think i got it al walmart, and the other one is mann`s green leaf singles.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:33 PM   #78  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepetunia View Post
That is terrific great job!! I have my 2nd weigh in tomorrow AM and I am hoping to be in the same area! Keep up the good work
I am rooting for you!
Old 05-31-2013, 11:34 PM   #79  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Does the Ideal Tisane count as water?

Last edited by Annik; 05-31-2013 at 11:43 PM.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:41 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 320/IP303/197/135

Height: 5'3"

Debras - you look great in that dress! Thanks for posting.

Last edited by Cherie2888; 05-31-2013 at 11:42 PM.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:32 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

So to pass the time and not eat crap I've been looking at alternatives. I think I'll be going back to them but get restricteds through the clinic if they'll let me just get one box a week I'd be thrilled. I don't know that they will since they need to run a business too but I need to not spend a fortune.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:59 AM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
I have been in a bad habit of eating out a lot over the last several years. My kids are grown and my youngest just finished his second year of college. So, hubby & I haven't done a lot of cooking at home, and this has contributed to our weight gain.

I have faithfully been making meals at home since starting IP on the 13th of May. I do travel for work and when I have been out of town I take a cooler with water and my lunch time RTD. I go to Subway and get the veggie chopped salad with oil & vinegar dressing.

With that said, I am finding it is exhausting coming up with ideas for dinner and all the prep work that goes into our meals. I am having to prepare my meal separately just so I have the correct amounts of protein and veggies. I don't mean to complain and I think we are probably saving money by not eating out. I guess I just wanted to vent a little today because I am sitting here at my desk thinking of what I need to make for dinner tonight that will satisfy everyone (my son is home for the summer break).

Hi, I have actually been out to dinner every night since I started IP 11 weeks ago. I am down 33.5 pounds. It has taught me it is truly about the choices we make.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:12 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default lisa is the resident expert on soy and gluten here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I don't do gluten OR soy protein
It can be done!
Lisa has been a remarkable force in helping guide me (and others) through the confusion especially at the beginning. I am also GF and have been for years. (We have celiac, thyroid insufficiency and a boatload of other autoimmune and allergic issues in the immediate family)

Lisa orders all kinds of things from other suppliers..one of the most knowledgeable on these boards about that process.

I've been on this protocol since mid January, and just stick with the IP products that are GF.. but also eliminated higher sodium products. The soups are way over what a sane person should consume at one meal, and when I eat the soups I retain water like crazy.. Evepet has a diet blog (as do others) and she posted some great sounding soup recipes she concocted from alternatives. I don't use ANY of the restricted items.

Getting your head in the zone is important. I'm pleased with the losses so far..but since I'm older...it feels like it is slow going at times. The encouragement to keep on though, comes from the ongoing reinforcement and the comittment I see others have made to stick it out.

Someone told me the whole thing sounds very "restrictive"..My response was "Not really...being overweight is way more restrictive".
Old 06-01-2013, 06:27 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default Going Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joco View Post
Hi, I have actually been out to dinner every night since I started IP 11 weeks ago. I am down 33.5 pounds. It has taught me it is truly about the choices we make.
I have to agree...there are many weekends esp ..that I find we are eating out more than once a day. (Family emergencies on overload....older parents out of state..mother had a stroke..father had a heart attack)
I have my "goto" choices on the menu: egg-white-veggie omlettes....salads with chicken breast or a few shrimp with lemon wedges and oil dressing at the table, grilled steak/chicken or porkchop with a double portion of allowed steamed veggie. I tell the waiter how it must be cooked /prepared...first smiling and saying "I'm high maintenance..so sorry!!" Also state "No sauces..gluten free and no sugar or salt of any amount or kind in the preparation". You can buy (and that is what restaurant ordering is) ... what you are not home to prepare yourself...you just need to speak up.....And we tip well when it's done right...and I send it back with no compunctions if the salad comes with croutons or there looks like a sauce was used or tastes salty... and have lost close to 50 lbs since Jan 10th. And I'm going to be 65. No big 10 lb losses in any week for me...just slow going and consistency ...and no compromises whether I'm the cook or someone else is. We went to a wedding 2 weekends ago and stopped at a restaurant on the way to the church...so I could eat something. I had water and club soda at the reception...and no one noticed anything except how good my dress looked!!

Last edited by 65X65; 06-01-2013 at 06:29 AM.
Closed Thread