Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #46  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticaldreamzz View Post
Woohoo! NinjaNurse! The hard work is paying off
I just laugh to myself everytime I see your sig Mysticaldreamzz, the starting number has six digits!

Had a very weird night last night, had a really hard time getting to sleep, it had to be close to midnight by time I finally got there, then was up at three thirty. Was up until seven when I finally fell asleep again. Praying this doesn't happen again.

Have a great OP weekend everyone.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:15 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 174/174/125

Height: 5' 2"

Great weigh ins and NSV's!!!!

I am only 5' 2" and currently weigh 141. I have a small frame and fairly small arms and legs. I have PCOS and an 11 month old, so most of my 16 extra pounds is in my stomach area and my hips.
I had to bring my baby to the dr today, almost passed out while I was there (probably because I hadn't eaten in over 5 hours) and I hear one of the nurses say, "someone get her a coke, she's pregnant and need some sugar."
I did take a sip of the coke because I felt so bad (thank God I was someplace safe and had people around that I trusted to hand my baby off to).
Almost every time I go someplace people ask me if I am expecting!!!!!it makes me so frustrated, angry and upset!!

Thanks for letting me vent :-)
Old 04-26-2013, 04:48 PM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
NSV today. Went shopping with a friend. I have been going crazy trying to find simple Summer dresses I can just throw on and go, but can be a little dressed up if I ever went out on a date with my hubby again.

ANYWAY, went to The Loft. I was hoping they had XL because there were a few dresses on sale that fit what I was looking for. For S(&*(&ts and giggles, I tried the large, almost to 'punish' myself for wanting to spend money while we are still recouping from Vacay. Jokes on me, they fit!!! I couldn't believe it. Large in a normal store???? I still think people look at me strange when I head in to the dressing room. One woman started talking to me and I thought, she must not believe I can fit in to these clothes, but she was just agreeing with that I was telling my friend about the large petite I had tried on and the way it was cut.
I can sooo relate!
I cried in the dressing room trying on dresses a few weeks back. Everything fit & I didn't need to go to the plus sizes.
About a month ago, I was buying a concert t shirt and they were out of size L (I used to buy 2X). The gal said, "a medium will fit you"
I turned around, wondering WHO she was talking to! I still have about 1X on the brain. It just hasn't all caught up yet.

As an aside, I've enterd a new weight "decade" as of today. I officially have less than 30 to go and I no longer have a BMI in the obese range! IP works!
Old 04-26-2013, 04:54 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 251/188/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
As an aside, I've enterd a new weight "decade" as of today. I officially have less than 30 to go and I no longer have a BMI in the obese range! IP works!
Congrats!
Old 04-26-2013, 05:13 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 295/251.5/240

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntRose View Post
I just laugh to myself everytime I see your sig Mysticaldreamzz, the starting number has six digits!

Lol I know eh? Hopefully it doesn't stay like that for too long
Old 04-26-2013, 05:25 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 177.6/165.4/140

Height: 5'5''

Happy Friday. Congrats to all the WI results and for those who did not see the numbers they wanted to, HANG IN THERE! I had a tough week myself. Totally missed TOM. Did a preg test this morning just to make sure and it was neg. this diet is rough. Lol. Missed period, hair falling out, no wine! I know it will all be worth it in the end though. NO diet has worked this well for me and short of not being able to have a nightly wine with my hubby, I really don't mind it. The hair loss scares me though. I have read all the posts and just hope it tapers off soon.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:25 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 183/154/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

The foods we are eating on Phase 1 are healing us and if we focus on them, will remove most cravings, making us stronger and healthier. Right now, those are the foods to focus on!

So, what are you doing today to stay ON plan?
Today I'm making Paleo cabbage rolls (sans onions) for dinner right now in the middle of the day. For the last week I've gotten stuck at 6:30-7:00 with no dinner planned, and nothing I could make quickly. To say I haven't been 100% OP would be the truth.

So, I'm making food early, and a lot of it so that I'll have plenty to get me through the weekend!

Happy Friday All!
Old 04-26-2013, 05:40 PM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlooNimbus13127 View Post
Today I'm making Paleo cabbage rolls (sans onions) for dinner right now in the middle of the day. For the last week I've gotten stuck at 6:30-7:00 with no dinner planned, and nothing I could make quickly. To say I haven't been 100% OP would be the truth.

So, I'm making food early, and a lot of it so that I'll have plenty to get me through the weekend!
Smart woman! Advance planning is key!
DH knows I'll talk about menus 3 -days out and I'm always prepping something.
When I first started I talked about how much work this diet was. Now I know this is the way we're supposed to be eating! Fresh, whole foods, not so much processed. More work but better and better for us!
I'll probably figure out some kind of smoothie even in maintenance because they've gotten so easy for weekday breakfast!
Old 04-26-2013, 06:33 PM   #54  
My Own Worst Enemy

S/C/G: 188.8/175/140

Height: 5'4"

Hello,

I am new here and I am also new to the Ideal Protein diet. Today is day 5 for me and so far so good. I have been feeling awesome, not hungry, no cravings and I enjoy the food. My favorite has to be the Zippers, its like eating chips! Love that the salt & vinegar ones taste like Crispers cause those were my favorite. I go for my first weigh in on Monday and I am a bit nervous and scared. Im afraid the scale wont move. I have been following the plan to a T so I am probably just worrying for nothing ?? How much have you lost in your first week? I have about 30lbs to lose (give or take a few). Oh and how do you get those weight lose time line things?

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Friday!
Old 04-26-2013, 07:21 PM   #55  

Height: 5'7

Welcome, claustin!

I wish the forum had the "like" button! SO many great posts! WI today was about as expected. I lost .8 lbs. The lowest number since starting the diet. I guess I have to decide which route I'd rather take. Slow losses if I continue exercising, or quit the exercising and lose at a faster rate..... unless some angel of mercy knows how I can have the best of both worlds!!

I'm very excited today, bought a bunch of furniture for my sunroom. I've been working up a sweat moving everything around, but now it looks so bright and cheery. A great place to have my morning cup of coffee.... sigh..
Old 04-26-2013, 07:52 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 230/210/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliboo723 View Post
I don't think I will use the ideal to go packets bc I don't know if the CalMag in it is the same bc its a different form.

I'm kinda worried about Plain Protein discontinuing the IP stuff. I NEED my supplements!!!! I am about to switch to full on alternatives after doing about 60% alternatives for the last couple months.
Has anyone found another source for the IP brand supplements?

BTW, I'm a COMPLETE worrywart! I know this about myself.
Hey I think the form of vitamin iyou take IS very important, but you should be able to approximate it with a different brand.

If you have a whole foods, vitamin shop, gnc, local health food store etc. they should be able to find you replacements in a similar format. you can also try on line, puritains pride is good and has low prices, but from your message I think you might appreciate the real live sales help.

http://www.puritan.com/

regardless, I just saw some on ebay, you could totally give that a shot...I found this company that has on online shop, they are local to me so I emailed but I haven't heard back, so I can not vouch for them.
http://idealweightaway.com/index.php...ns-supplements

Good luck!
Old 04-26-2013, 08:12 PM   #57  
IP Start 2/5/13

S/C/G: 315/ip292/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 5in

Hi Claustin!

Welcome to this forum! There is a wealth of information and support on this board. I have learned so much and been so encouraged from the members here. Nearly every day I plant myself infront my computer and this forum and I always get something that I need.

Check the user control panel button at the top left of the page. If the ticker option appears, you are good to go. The ticker appears when you have been a member for 20 days and have 20 posts, although I think mine appeared a bit sooner.

Good luck.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:27 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 133.9/123.3/113

Height: 5'1.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighterchic View Post
Good morning all!!
I've been lurking for the last week but new to the site. My husband and I started IP last Monday and at our first weigh in we both lost 5lbs each. Very excited about this diet and I'm very thankful for all the information that is on this site as well since my coach is useless. just wanted to say hi and start becoming active on the daily chats as motivation.
Welcome. My boyfriend and I are doing this together. Its been 5 weeks tomorrow. I've lost 13 pounds and he has lost 26. Beware!!! Men lose quicker.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:12 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 133.9/123.3/113

Height: 5'1.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizJazz View Post
Great weigh ins and NSV's!!!!

I am only 5' 2" and currently weigh 141. I have a small frame and fairly small arms and legs. I have PCOS and an 11 month old, so most of my 16 extra pounds is in my stomach area and my hips.
I had to bring my baby to the dr today, almost passed out while I was there (probably because I hadn't eaten in over 5 hours) and I hear one of the nurses say, "someone get her a coke, she's pregnant and need some sugar."
I did take a sip of the coke because I felt so bad (thank God I was someplace safe and had people around that I trusted to hand my baby off to).
Almost every time I go someplace people ask me if I am expecting!!!!!it makes me so frustrated, angry and upset!!

Thanks for letting me vent :-)
I think that has happened to many of us. It has happened to me too! Just after I had my son (19 years ago ) I don't think I said anything either. I was too embarrassed.

I am tired, weak, and dizzy all the time. My head is fuzzy and I cant think straight a lot of the time. It doesn't have to be 5 hours since I ate, it can be a few hours. My coach thinks I have a really high metabolism and I am burning my food too fast. I read about other people on IP that have never felt better, and have more energy. I haven't reached that point yet (starting week 5 tomorrow.) I am sticking with it, not giving up, but it is hard!
Old 04-26-2013, 09:41 PM   #60  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen02719 View Post
I think that has happened to many of us. It has happened to me too! Just after I had my son (19 years ago ) I don't think I said anything either. I was too embarrassed.

I am tired, weak, and dizzy all the time. My head is fuzzy and I cant think straight a lot of the time. It doesn't have to be 5 hours since I ate, it can be a few hours. My coach thinks I have a really high metabolism and I am burning my food too fast. I read about other people on IP that have never felt better, and have more energy. I haven't reached that point yet (starting week 5 tomorrow.) I am sticking with it, not giving up, but it is hard!
You might want to talk to your doctor about those symptoms. It sounds like low blood sugar and if that's an issue for you, you might want to consider the alternate phase 1 plan. It is an IP phase 1 plan for diabetics. The losses are a little slower but you would have more energy and no dizziness.

Being a little more tired at the end of the day is normal, but feeling weak and dizzy isn't.
Closed Thread