Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 12:25 PM   #31  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrasb View Post
See above. I think I really tried to go back to basics. Even though I thought I was, after all this time (since Sept 1) OP, it's possible I was being heavy handed with something. I never pinpointed a spot that I went off, but I definitely got rid of any extras like splenda or syrups.

Last week I got lucky -- had a work trip and was able to kick off "Campaign Plateau Be Gone" with 3 straight days of going to the hotel gym. Hard to do with a baby at home, but I was feeling great from the time away so have been doing 20 min of Zumba Core Wii 3x/week. It's super fun and only 20 min but serious business.

Did that help? Who knows. I also think that I was kind of stuck near 135, which is the lowest I have been in 20 years. Now that I've pushed past that, we'll see if I get stuck again. I'll keep you posted!
Ahh...Zumba. So funny you should mention that because I have Zumba at home - haven't used it yet - and was just thinking maybe I'll implement it 3x per week - nothing crazy, but just to get moving.

I'm finding now that I'm losing more weight that I want to workout and move.

Glad it worked for you and being away and out of a routine probably helped your "move" your weight on out the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrasb View Post
I didn't say I gave up coffee That's just crazy talk! But I have it in the morning and then after dinner, but all day at work I drink either green or white tea. I use loose tea and a mug with an infuser. It was an easy transition because the coffee in my office is atrocious!!

I have used Smooth Move tea, but only when things aren't moving (this was not the primary cause of my plateau). It's serious stuff, and it does work for me. I use the novalax 2x daily and/or the Calm 2x daily, which seems to work reasonably well. I use the tea in situations of extreme need! Take at night so hopefully in the morning you'll be feeling the effects (vs. taking during the day and then up at night from it, or running to the ladies' at work!).
HAHA You didn't give up coffee! I know crazy talk right! Oh wow on the Smooth Move tea. That scares me a bit. I don't want to run to the bathroom at work. That would be a bit embarrassing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivebynotthru View Post
great nsv last night. I ate out for the first time and stayed completely OP!!!
Congrats! That's such a great feeling and a little nerve racking when it's your first time eating out! You did it!

Last edited by amberjules; 04-26-2013 at 12:26 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:36 PM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansfilter View Post
I really hope I didn't offend anyone talking about my NSV at the festival. I have volunteered for that event every year for the past few years. Although its definitely to support our cause, a major draw has been the food that hundreds of restaurants so generously donate and serve (that's the actual theme of the event). This year, I was able to focus on representing our cause to the thousands of people in attendance so much better, because I wasn't worrying about what new foods I wanted to try, despite being next to executive chefs and well-meaning people trying to tempt me. My goal by sharing was to inspire and to thank others for taking the time to share their stories, which helped me know that I can do it to. I love IP! What I have learned is that I have power and control that I can take into any situation, no matter how tough or tempting. I have dieted or exercised and gained/lost the same weight over and over again for almost 20 years now. This is the first time I haven't been thinking "once I hit goal, I can have __". I'm very proud of this change in my thinking, so I wanted to share it with the people who have helped make it possible. Have a great OP day!
I think it was an excellent description of how TO stay OP despite incredible temptation!
Old 04-26-2013, 12:42 PM   #33  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighterchic View Post
Good morning all!!
I've been lurking for the last week but new to the site. My husband and I started IP last Monday and at our first weigh in we both lost 5lbs each. Very excited about this diet and I'm very thankful for all the information that is on this site as well since my coach is useless. just wanted to say hi and start becoming active on the daily chats as motivation.
Congrats on the WI, welcome to IP. They call this your 'last diet.' I have learned so much about myself and my eating habits on this program, even though I have only been on it 8 weeks. I am at the beginning stages of Phase 2.

I have been so busy this past week, good think I have part of my protein in the morning. I go full tilt from the time I get up until bed time, so starting with protein helps. Even though I am in phase two I find I have to eat an extra pkg a day because I am so hungry. I am not going to worry about it, continue to go full tilt and stay with the program.

Have a wonderful day fellow IP'ers
Old 04-26-2013, 12:53 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 251/188/135

Height: 5' 4"

WI was yesterday. Down another 2.5 lbs and 2 inches! So happy with this plan!
Old 04-26-2013, 01:14 PM   #35  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliboo723 View Post
WI was yesterday. Down another 2.5 lbs and 2 inches! So happy with this plan!
Congrats BRAVO!
Old 04-26-2013, 01:27 PM   #36  

This was also posted on the Plain Protein thread, but I know not everyone reads other threads, so I decided to cross post here bc most read the daily.

I just ordered my supplements from Plain Protein and received them yesterday. This was my first order and in the box with the supplements were 3 "sample" products. Two were Healthwise chip type products and the other was a protein oatmeal raisin cookie. There were also two packets of vitamins that said ideal to go on them with an omega, multi and Cal-Mag in it. The Cal-Mag was in a capsule form and the ones I've been getting from my clinic were tablet form. Checked inside the bottles to see what they looked like (and compared to my clinic bought ones) thank goodness they are the same. I don't think I will use the ideal to go packets bc I don't know if the CalMag in it is the same bc its a different form.

I'm kinda worried about Plain Protein discontinuing the IP stuff. I NEED my supplements!!!! I am about to switch to full on alternatives after doing about 60% alternatives for the last couple months.
Has anyone found another source for the IP brand supplements?

BTW, I'm a COMPLETE worrywart! I know this about myself.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:28 PM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberjules View Post
Congrats BRAVO!
Thanks! Feels good!
Old 04-26-2013, 02:00 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

NSV today. Went shopping with a friend. I have been going crazy trying to find simple Summer dresses I can just throw on and go, but can be a little dressed up if I ever went out on a date with my hubby again.

ANYWAY, went to The Loft. I was hoping they had XL because there were a few dresses on sale that fit what I was looking for. For S(&*(&ts and giggles, I tried the large, almost to 'punish' myself for wanting to spend money while we are still recouping from Vacay. Jokes on me, they fit!!! I couldn't believe it. Large in a normal store???? I still think people look at me strange when I head in to the dressing room. One woman started talking to me and I thought, she must not believe I can fit in to these clothes, but she was just agreeing with that I was telling my friend about the large petite I had tried on and the way it was cut.

Last edited by NinjaNurse; 04-26-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:10 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 295/251.5/240

Height: 5'10"

Woohoo! NinjaNurse! The hard work is paying off
Old 04-26-2013, 02:13 PM   #40  
Started IP 3/20/2013

S/C/G: 180/152/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
For myself, I got this way by not having food in it's proper place. Too much adorization of food and thinking I couldn't live without this or that, drooling over when I'd get my next "fix".

We CAN and DO live without treats.

In the last couple of days I've seen lots of descriptions of things we are not eating right now, giving them a LOT of power.

The foods we are eating on Phase 1 are healing us and if we focus on them, will remove most cravings, making us stronger and healthier. Right now, those are the foods to focus on!

So, what are you doing today to stay ON plan?
Well said and I couldn't agree more! THANK YOU!! What helps me stay on plan is how incredible I feel and learning to enjoy my new way of eating. A clearer head, a healthier body - way better than any temporary indulgence!

~Liz

Old 04-26-2013, 02:16 PM   #41  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
NSV today. Went shopping with a friend. I have been going crazy trying to find simple Summer dresses I can just throw on and go, but can be a little dressed up if I ever went out on a date with my hubby again.

ANYWAY, went to The Loft. I was hoping they had XL because there were a few dresses on sale that fit what I was looking for. For S(&*(&ts and giggles, I tried the large, almost to 'punish' myself for wanting to spend money while we are still recouping from Vacay. Jokes on me, they fit!!! I couldn't believe it. Large in a normal store???? I still think people look at me strange when I head in to the dressing room. One woman started talking to me and I thought, she must not believe I can fit in to these clothes, but she was just agreeing with that I was telling my friend about the large petite I had tried on and the way it was cut.
What a wonderful NSV! So strange how it takes awhile for our minds to catch up with the changes in our body.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #42  

Ok so this week on the scale wasn't too good. I have been having good numbers but this week was only 2.2..... Does TOM have really make your loss go away?
Old 04-26-2013, 03:29 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 286/148/160

Height: 5'7"

Debra -

just want to check with you about sparkling water: you said you had given it up to break a plateau.
This makes me nervous because I'm sitting here drinking a pomagranite seltzer.

When I opened it I wondered if it was OK for me on IP but after the reading the label I could find no reason it would not be. Please let me know what you know? Thanks.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:47 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmyway1014 View Post
Debra -

just want to check with you about sparkling water: you said you had given it up to break a plateau.
This makes me nervous because I'm sitting here drinking a pomagranite seltzer.

When I opened it I wondered if it was OK for me on IP but after the reading the label I could find no reason it would not be. Please let me know what you know? Thanks.
I think it is OP, but from what I have read it is slightly acidic (ph 5.6). So, I just decided to cut it out completely to make sure that it wasn't tripping me up. My coach is ok with seltzer, but not as a complete replacement for all water (which was not the case).

After a very long plateau, I really needed to strip everything possible out and start essentially from scratch. I wasn't drinking seltzer during weeks I had great losses, so I thought I would try that along with many other things to push through. If you are not having a problem, I wouldn't say you need to change anything with the seltzer -- this was just a long plateau that needed a wake-up call.

Thanks to everyone for your support during my many hours of craziness trying to figure this out!
Old 04-26-2013, 04:05 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 153.8/142/120

Height: 5'0"

What an amazing week!

Debrasb- woohoo!

Aliboo- nice WI!

Fighterchic- Welcome!

Ninjanurse- How exciting! I have always loved flowy summer dresses, but I haven't bought any in so long, because the fit was all wrong. What an awesome feeling to find something you love in a size that makes you feel so good you might just want to twirl around in that new dress.

Thanks again for the support today (and everyday).
Closed Thread