Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 07:43 PM   #106  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
LOL - seriously you made me bust up laughing thank you!

Hey, all - with the amazing 10 months of vegetables so far (and not just bought and left to die a slow death in the veggie drawer as we used to do either), and the future being vegetable related, DH and I went to Costco and got a compost tumbler today! Here's the one that Costco has right now for $150 http://www.amazon.com/Lifetime-60072...poster+tumbler We are getting a few chickens later this summer too which will add coop sweepings to the compost. I'm excited that all the leaves, peels, cores will be put back to use in our own garden rather than go to a landfill. Edit to add - chickens like veggie scraps too - but 4 girls won't be eating that many scraps. I won't forget my girls veggie treats too
So jealous! I want a house instead of a condo so I can do these things too!
I just planted some veggies today (ones that can be planted)
Old 04-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #107  

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I scoop or 1 packet = 100 cals
1 serving
For some reason they also have nutritional info for 1/4 scoop
Confusing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
It's because Syntrax Nectars were originally created for bariatric surgery patients. 1/4 packet is about what a surgically reduced stomach can handle.
Thank you, ladies. Your wealth of information is really wonderful! I tried the cappuccino flavor this morning and I just love it! These are really handy when you're in a rush!
Old 04-07-2013, 10:16 PM   #108  
Started IP 01/31/13

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenRem View Post
Happy to report that I hit 189 on the scale this morning! Soo excited!
When I lose another 7-10 lbs, I will weigh LESS than DH! He knows it's my next mini-goal and he laughs every time I bring it up.
Then, I want to weigh a lot less than him!

Have a wonderful OP weekend, all! ~Jen
That is one of my mini goals too. I have never weighed less than him since we have been together. DH weighs 193 now. He lost about 10 pounds just because I am cooking different since I started IP. I have started to make sure he is eating rice and potatoes!
Old 04-07-2013, 10:26 PM   #109  
Started IP 01/31/13

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonna really try View Post
Been hungry the last few days by early evening. I've just been turning on the electric blanket and crawling in bed. Today, all i have left for unrestrictives is drinks. It doesn't help it's gloomy and a rain, sleet mix. I want summer.

J
YES!!! I am finding that I need the sleep too. Turn your drink into a huge frappe in your blender with extra water, ice and Some flavor of Torani sugar free syrup. Or bake it into cookies. Either one is unrestricted.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:32 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 165/132.2/125

Height: 5'3

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenRem View Post
I agree about going to Costco (or Wal-Mart) on a weekend - Dangerous, lol!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the newbies..............

If you want to reply to someone's post and you want their quote to show up in the light colored blue box along with your response, here is how you do it!

To reply to only one person:
At the end of the persons post that you want to reply to, there are three icons on the bottom right. Click on the first icon that says "quote". This will bring you up to a screen where you will see their post and you can then respond and submit (post quick reply).

To reply to multiple persons quotes:
1. Choose the second icon at the bottom right of the first persons post you want to respond to. The icon has a paper in the background with a bold quotation mark and a small + sign.
After you click it, it will turn orange.
2. Continue down the page until you find another post you want to respond to. keep clicking that same icon on each persons post that you want to reply to and again they will all turn orange.
3. When you reach the last post you want to respond to, pick the first icon - the "quote" icon.
4. Now it will take you to a page where you will see all the posts gathered together. You need to navigate through each persons post to apply your response.
So, write your response after the first persons post and
scroll down and write your response to the second persons post.
Keep doing this until you've responded to all the posts that you see and that you wanted to respond to.
Before submitting, there is an option to preview posts.
I always preview posts and make sure it looks good before submitting. If you see a change you want to make before submitting, then go down to the editing box and fix before officially submitting.

** I will sometimes go in to a persons post and shorten it down (by erasing) to the actual point that I want to respond to. This will shorten YOUR whole posting so it's not as long. Plus, it makes it easier for others to follow when reading and understand what you are really wanting to respond to in those others posts.
If you do this, be super careful to not erase the original bracketed areas at the beginning and the end of the persons post that you are responding to! These brackets are what makes the original message show up in the blue box.

Hope this makes sense and is helpful! Jen
Thanks for the info!
Closed Thread