Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 10:57 AM   #106  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatLakes86 View Post
Where in Michigan are all of you? I'm from the U.P. and I miss it like crazy. I grew up right on Lake Superior and Interior Alaska just doesn't have the "big water". I miss the lake! What passes for lakes here is kind of sad.
Hi GreatLakes86! I live between Gaylord & Grayling in northern lower MI, though originally from just north of Lansing. I look forward to visiting Alaska one day, but don't think I'd want to live there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
Maile: Greeniris: in a roundabout way, congrats on having your DGD a little closer by.

My stress and activity levels are still high but getting more under control. I feel like I知 actually making progress and am finishing the sweep of some rooms. Also I finally had my neighbor and handyman over to look at minor repair and painting work to be done and he said he値l be able to finish it by the middle of next week when my cleaning crew comes in for a major clean. I was worried about finding someone to do the work so quickly so it was a relief to get this figured out.

My other dilemma was finding a kennel to put my cats in while I知 away and my house is being shown. They usually stay at home with a pet / house sitter so a kennel will be a strange new experience for cats that can stress easily. I went to one and it was horrible. I finally talked to another one that sounds really great and their web pictures look good too. I値l be touring it on the weekend but have tentatively booked a deluxe condo for them.

I have two more weeks to finish off my old job and I hope it goes faster than it feels like now. My direct boss is relatively new (he started 1 week before I resigned!) so he is like a deer in the headlights with everything I知 trying to pass to him. I知 concerned for my team moving under him even temporarily. And otherwise, there are 6 other people I知 training to take over various aspects of my job because I know too much for 1 person to handle. However coordinating all of them and getting them to see the urgency is a challenge. I know I'm leaving and shouldn't sweat it but I still care that I'm leaving things in a good state!

I had this afternoon off which I spent working on the house. I知 off tomorrow morning too but I think it will be a relaxing morning with some coffee and a book. I will probably get my grocery shopping done too so I don稚 have to worry about it at the end of the day but that痴 it for the agenda.
Thank you KitKat. They got back around 2:00 a.m. this morning.
You are certainly going to be missed at your 'old' job, but people will step up and things will get handled - though you may get a phone call or two asking for help! Just think, a month from now you could be settling into a new home

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
I had the most unusual experience. Pre-IP I was a severe chocoholic. Give me chocolate and I'd finish it off, sometimes a whole bag. Yesterday, I bought a bag of Ghirardelli chocolate squares to take to Michigan to have something individual and small when I do want chocolate. Out of curiousity after a year of no "regular" chocolate, I figured I'd have one just to taste them again. Unbelievably, I almost couldn't finish it. It was just so sweet. It will be a while before I have another as each time I think of them, I get grossed out. Could hardly believe it. Boy, do I love all that IP has done for me.

Molly
Wow Molly - that is great! That will certainly make maintenance much easier for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie63 View Post
I get Calorie Count emails every morning and they have a lot of good information - I thought I'd share this link with everyone on mindful eating - http://caloriecount.about.com/transi...tm_term=title1 - I haven't read the link they provided for the book or taken the quiz yet, but I thought the information was worth sharing here.
Lynn
Hi Lynnie - thanks for sharing that link! After reading the article I subscribed to the blog, that's how much I enjoyed it. Will check out the quiz later...

Lost another lb this a.m., so back down to the original 6 I had lost last week. About 10 more to go. Couldn't sleep last night, so spent some time reviewing P1 veggie recipes I had saved. Found a few I'm going to try that I hadn't before, and some I had forgotten about.

Have a great Thursday!
Old 04-18-2013, 11:12 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

maile I don't think probiotics will add to your calorie count anymore then any other vitamin. I still take a multi and an omega 3 and a calcium.

+++++++++++

Sorry - bit of a me post! Kinda excited today!

Today is my birthday! AND....today is one year that I met my goal and this morning I weighed in 4 lbs below goal. I'm pretty stoked!!! I really enjoyed meeting my goal on my birthday...but now my milestone is on my birthday which makes me look forward to my birthday HAHAHA (I did whine that I felt old today ) I bought myself a goal ring when I hit goal....I think this one year milestone will be new cross country skis which will touch my wallet :/ but it's health related and I love to do it so I know I will use them. In fact, I've told enough people that I started getting money from my family towards new skis because I want them so badly.

I'm excited that this is considered long term weight loss. I talked to my coach last week, she said that I may not have started 'maintenance' for a month but that I started the stabilzation part of the diet after meeting goal that this is my one year anniversary. So I'll take that and run!

I have followed the rules of maintenance as prescribed to me, 1 fun day followed by 1 Phase 1 day...I have fluctuated this past year within 5-6 lbs...with a little spike after Scotland that was fixed by 3 days of Phase 1 (the most I've done in maintenance).

I know for a FACT that I would not have been here without all the wonderful support from Ideal Protein 3 fat chicks. A very special thank-you to all of you who continue to post and share your strategies and ideas. I think the VIP knows you all too!! We talk about this forum
Old 04-18-2013, 11:21 AM   #108  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ISHBEL!!! And HAPPY ANNIVERSARY too So very happy for you to have reached the 1 yr milestone, and to have maintained so consistently...SUCCESS!

'Hi' to your VIP! My VIP is now familiar with some of my IPeeps too...

Last edited by greeniris; 04-18-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:25 AM   #109  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Ishbel - congrats on your anniversary!! You are an inspiration to me, and so helpful as I am plodding along at the beginning of my own maintenance journey. You have so much to be proud of!!!

KitKat - I'm amazed that you can find time to relax with all the changes going on! You are definitely a "project management" personality! I'm just trying to deal with my basement during vacation week and I'm going nuts!

Beck - have fun with your recipe class, you will do great!

Molly - good luck on your move! I don't know if I could move INTO the colder weather, I am definitely a warm weather person and always joke that MA is the furthest north I can tolerate Michigan is a beautiful state, hopefully you can get everything sorted through and move your cars without too much trouble.

Evepet - It took a little bit to get the hang of doing yogurt in the crockpot, but I invested in a candy thermometer and wrote the times down for my crockpot, so now I can just set a timer for the on/off times. For my crock, it's about 2.5 hours on low to get up to the right temp, and then 2 hours off to cool down before I add the live yogurt cultures. Then I just wrap the whole shebang in a towel for insulation and go to bed - in the morning, yogurt!
Old 04-18-2013, 11:55 AM   #110  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

Happy Birthday Ishbel!!!

So today is my last day of P3 and I move on to maintenance....I'm super excited.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:03 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Happy Birthday Ishbel! And Happy Anniversary also! Wow... a year already! Just wanted to check in...
I am back on Phase 1. Trying to focus on the things that enabled me to have success the first time round.
It has been hard to get over the shame of having gained. And having given into old habits. But I am thankful that I am aware of what those habits are and that I have an effective route (Phase 1) back to where I want to be.
Had a great talk with my coach. She reminded me that I only fail if I give up. And that working through my current pattern of 3 weeks of Phase 1 and falling off for 1-3 weeks and then starting Phase 1 again is only going to be overcome with hard work and vigilance. I really need to accept Phase 1 until I have reached my goal. There are so many shining examples in here of what can be achieved with a bit of focus and determination. And I figure if I could do it once I can do it again. I just have to commit to it.
It's been awkward coming back on the site for me as a maintainer who regained. Not sure which thread I belong in. I know most of you in here... but I am at a different part of the journey again.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:19 PM   #112  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Capricous: It was good to hear from you! I have always believed that maintenance is not about being perfect, but is about not giving up trying to find ways to make it work. I predict that everyone here will go through phases when they have up pounds to work off. You are not alone and are definitely part of the maintenance team. I really hope you keep posting.
I am glad you coach is so supportive. You do have the tools and habits that worked for you before and will work again.

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary Ishbel! Congratulations on reaching your one year at goal. You are very inspiring! Hope you had a wonderful day. Being 4 pounds under goal is an accomplishment. Woo Hoo!

Cindy: I am glad you lost a pound!!

Molly: I had that samre reaction with a margarita. It was too sweet now.
Cheekyskeeter: Welcome to maintenance. ..very exciting.

Last edited by Maile; 04-18-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:41 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Hey cap!

I stick mainly to this thread and the rebooters. I find a lot in common with both groups. I have regained and lost a couple times over the past 2 years.

I hope you find your phase 1 groove. I like your new pic!
Old 04-18-2013, 08:00 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 180/148.0/160

Height: 5'11"

Happy Birthday and Anniversary, Ishbel!
Old 04-18-2013, 10:44 PM   #115  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Birthday, Ishbel!! And Happy anniversary!! Wow, one year in maintenance !! How inspiring!!
Old 04-18-2013, 11:57 PM   #116  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

Happy Birthday and Anniversary, Ishbel. I wish you the best!
Old 04-19-2013, 09:59 AM   #117  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Cap..I forgot to tell you that your new picture is lovely.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:18 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

greeniris, scorbette, cheekskeeter, cap, maile, gazelle, joy, beck Thanks ma ipeeps! Thanks for hanging out and continuing to post...you're ideas and support and continued determination give me strength.

Don't think that having a wedding dress to fit into isn't keeping me on point...and you guys REALLY help that!!

++++++++++

Cap awe hun, don't feel any shame, if IP taught me anything is to really work on my sense of self compassion. Forgive yourself quicker and jump back into the battle....use both threads if you like, I lurk in multiple threads and pop into them to post...it will be ok. You are stronger then you think, believe me you.

maile Had a great day, gf at work made a pink princess luncheon LOL (plastic pink table cloth, pink napkins and plastic wine glasses for the water) - also had a birthday girl crown. SUPER funny and they arranged it just steps from my office and then VIP showed up as a surprised too

cheeky Welcome to maintenance! WAY TO GO!!

greeniris I think we were posting at the same time, way to go on the scale moving... My VIP waved back lol

I was refecting on my one year yesterday and I was stuck on "how come all the other diets didn't work for me, what changed in me" - I find myself still defending how I lost my weight...to people who do it or are doing it and maintaining their loss ...who did or are doing it, in a different way. I think I'm more compassionate to "whatever works for you, no judgements here" - I can't (therefore won't) have certain items...which is why calorie counting never worked for me. A little bit of chocolate in the calorie counting way...means I'll eat all my calories for the day in one sitting (efficient in a vicious sort of way)...and then give up because I wasn't 'strong' enough. My self compassion took a MASSIVE beating during those years.

Thanks ladies (guys that lurk and post once in a while)...you all ROCK!!

Last edited by Ishbel; 04-19-2013 at 11:15 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:36 AM   #119  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
greeniris, scorbette, cheekskeeter, cap, maile, gazelle, joy, beck Thanks ma ipeeps! Thanks for hanging out and continuing to post...you're ideas and support and continued determination give me strength.

Don't think that having a wedding dress to fit into isn't keeping me on point...and you guys REALLY help that!!

++++++++++

Cap awe hun, don't feel any shame, if IP taught me anything is to really work on my sense of self compassion. Forgive yourself quicker and jump back into the battle....use both threads if you like, I lurk in multiple threads and pop into them to post...it will be ok. You are stronger then you think, believe me you.

maile Had a great day, gf at work made a pink princess luncheon LOL (plastic pink table cloth, pink napkins and plastic wine glasses for the water) - also had a birthday girl crown. SUPER funny and they arranged it just steps from my office and then VIP showed up as a surprised too

cheeky Welcome to maintenance! WAY TO GO!!

greeniris I think we were posting at the same time, way to go on the scale moving... My VIP waved back lol

I was refecting on my one year yesterday and I was stuck on "how come all the other diets didn't work for me, what changed in me" - I find myself still defending how I lost my weight...to people who do it or are doing it and maintaining their loss ...who did it in a different way. I think I'm more compassionate to "whatever works for you, no judgements here" - I can't (therefore won't) have certain items...which is why calorie counting never worked for me. A little bit of chocolate in the calorie counting way...means I'll eat all my calories for the day in one sitting (efficient in a vicious sort of way)...and then give up because I wasn't 'strong' enough. My self compassion took a MASSIVE beating during those years.

Thanks ladies (guys that lurk and post once in a while)...you all ROCK!!
Hi Ishbel,

Belated wishes to you. Glad to hear your had such a great celebration and even better reflection on your year of maintenance. The mental is such a huge part of all of this. I've learned that just in my 6 weeks of maintenance. And, you're right, I doubt any of us could have done as well without each other on 3FC!!

I just posted a recipe I tried last night on the Maintenance Recipes thread. DH loved it. Always good when the meals can work for both of us.

Looking forward to storms today. Have a few indoors things to do and then tomorrow will finish packing for the trip. So much stuff to take to be up there for a couple months. Plus starting the move.

Have a great day, all.
Molly
Old 04-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 209/136/140 R:224.8/200/145

Height: 5' 5

Ishbel..I am so glad I logged on today and saw your post...what an awesome accomplishment!. I can truly appreciate your grit, determination and continued efforts to stay with the program to accomplish your goal.
I lost 70 lb and have been floundering with a 15-20 lb gain, so I now how hard this is to reach goal and keep it off. Am so, very, very happy for you!
Closed Thread