Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 09:42 AM   #31  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi all!

It's good to see this thread so active! It's going to take me a while to catch up.

Cindy - sorry to hear that you're struggling. I know you can do this because you've come so far already!

KitKat - congrats on the new job - how exciting for you! No new job for me - after 3 interviews, they offered it to an internal candidate. Anyhow, I'm lucky I already have a very good job, so I will move on...

Have not posted in a few weeks - 2 weeks of vacation and then catching up at work. Lots of family birthdays (and birthday desserts) end of March. I managed to gain 4+ pounds in 2 weeks. I decided to just go back to my normal routine because (a) I thought some of that was fluid retention, and (b) I figured if I go back to my maintenance routine, I should logically move in the right direction (though maybe not as quickly as if I did a phase 1 stint). After one week, I am down 2.4 pounds and back in the middle of my 3 pound range., so I am happy and will continue this way. So far I have managed to avoid doing any phase 1 days in maintenance - can't bear the thought of missing my big breakfast...
Old 04-07-2013, 12:02 PM   #32  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Evepet: The new office will be based in Oakville but there is an office downtown by the Air Canada Centre where I will be commuting to often. I’m planning to move somewhere around Burlington or Stoney Creek area.

Greeniris: I applaud your courage in identifying that you’re struggling and depressed but coming back to post about it. You said it right “you are your own worst enemy”. This is your safe place to post your troubles. I hope you have a good conversation with your coach on how to manage a P1 program without having to purchase their products. I don’t have experience there yet but I’ll post ideas as they come.

Shawsy and WebRover: Welcome to maintenance!

Lizzy63: You are doing so well to be able to lose in maintenance, even if it’s slowly. Well done. Sorry you didn’t get the new job but thankfully you have one that you still like.

I had a good dinner on Friday night, my first fun meal. A salad to start, Lobster poutine and shared two desserts with a friend, S’more cheesecake and Lemon torte. I ate a lighter P3 the rest of the day and no snacks so in the end I didn’t feel I went too far overboard on the fun. I missed having a load of veggies at dinner though. She was excited and yet unhappy about my news of moving but she is very supportive of my choices.

The next morning I gained 1lb then Saturday on a modified P1 and this morning was down 0.8lbs already. My modified P1 was to make up for doing a ton of moving boxes and furniture. I borrowed a friend’s truck for the day and took 2 big loads to the thrift store and 1 big load to her garage for temporary storage. I used the regular IP packets for P1 but then added some extra salmon for protein mid-day. My fitbit tells me that I hit a record high for a non-structured exercise day but that doesn’t include all the weight-lifting.

Today the house-cleaning and clearing continues but I won’t be as physical. I have one bad knee already but the other one started bothering me yesterday and my back is on the verge of having a rough day so I have to take it a little easier. Tomorrow I will resign my old job and I’m very nervous about how they will deal with the news so I probably won’t sleep tonight.

I made my first batch of yogurt overnight using ¾ skim milk and ¼ almond milk. I love greek yogurt but feel I need to cut back on the dairy (I have a milk protein sensitivity). I almost couldn’t believe I had yogurt when I woke up as it was so easy.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:10 PM   #33  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone! Nice to see so many familiar and not-so-familiar 'faces' here.

I'm doing a cross between P1 and P2 today, as I really overdid the sodium yesterday and want to flush it out. Scale was at 149 lbs this am, which is still fine but I feel 'bloaty' today.

Interestingly enough, I feel like I've been eating a LOT this past week, but when I average out my calories/day for the past week it only comes to about 1300/day. Not sure what to make of that, other than I'm just 'weaning' myself away from the dieting mentality and not ready to delve head-first into a lot of heavy carb/sugar foods.

Kitkat - Your plan re settling in the Burlington/Stoney Creek area is sound - lots of options there, and definitely much more affordable than Toronto. And an easy commute to Oakville. Glad to hear your dinner went well last night. And yes - be careful and not overdue the lifting & hauling.

Shawsy & WebRover - Good to see you here! We're all sharing & learning this 'maintenance-business' together. I love the support of this forum!

Lizzy - Good to hear from you again, and glad that things continue to go well with you in maintenance.

Momto2cs - I know making the egg-veggie bake should be pretty straight forward, and have found a few good recipes. I'm just wondering though if you'd share the specifics of what you do? And once it's baked, after you've cut it into the 6 servings, I assume you wrap them in saran wrap.... do they keep ok like that until you've used them all ? Can you freeze them?

Nolawhodatchick - Great to hear from you again! Kudo to you for getting back on the P1 wagon, and working to reinforce those good eating habits. You've got this!

Cheers everyone. Hope you're all having a nice Sunday.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:16 PM   #34  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
I made my first batch of yogurt overnight using ¾ skim milk and ¼ almond milk. I love greek yogurt but feel I need to cut back on the dairy (I have a milk protein sensitivity). I almost couldn’t believe I had yogurt when I woke up as it was so easy.
Oh, please share the yogurt recipe. I even have yogurt makers from 40 years ago. I need to make mine instead of buying it all of the time. It's so expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Interestingly enough, I feel like I've been eating a LOT this past week, but when I average out my calories/day for the past week it only comes to about 1300/day. Not sure what to make of that, other than I'm just 'weaning' myself away from the dieting mentality and not ready to delve head-first into a lot of heavy carb/sugar foods.
I can relate to weaning away from the dieting mentality. I have seen that over the past weeks I've been on maintenance. I just don't want to get too far off and think I can eat anything. I have enough trouble with "just a little more" and that's with the "good" foods.

I have yet to have a fun day. It scares me. I feel I'd be like a recovering alcoholic who gives in and takes a drink and then it's downhill from there. Guess I need more weaning time. LOL

Molly
Old 04-07-2013, 05:04 PM   #35  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Wingnut: Take your time on the fun day or meal, until you feel ready. I find that sugar foods are triggers so I mostly stay away from them, even on a fun meal. You did a great job losing 120 pounds.

Evepet: Century Club Recipes has a low carb breakfast quiche. I made mine with eggbeaters. Also Kaylyn's kitchen blog has good low carb recipes.

Kitkat: How exciting to get a new job and move!!

Lizzy63: I am sorry you did not get the job, but you sound happy in your current one. You are doing a great job of staying in your range!!

Shawsy and Webrover: welcome to maintenance!

Cindy: This is the perfect place to vent. I know you will get back on track on Phase 1 and start losing. Good luck on finding cheaper alternatives.

Nola: I hope Phase 1 is going well for you.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:38 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I seriously take frozen veggies, cook them according to bag, drain well, put in 9x13 pan. Pour in 12 beaten eggs and top with a sprinkle of cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 mins. Cool, slice into 6 and freeze in ziploc squares.

They are a bit watery after freezing...I sometimes zap them on paper towels. But they are ok fr me.

Otherwise, if you use them daily they should be fine in the fridge.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:52 PM   #37  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
I seriously take frozen veggies, cook them according to bag, drain well, put in 9x13 pan. Pour in 12 beaten eggs and top with a sprinkle of cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 mins. Cool, slice into 6 and freeze in ziploc squares.

They are a bit watery after freezing...I sometimes zap them on paper towels. But they are ok fr me.

Otherwise, if you use them daily they should be fine in the fridge.
Thx Mom - I'm going to give this a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post

Evepet: Century Club Recipes has a low carb breakfast quiche. I made mine with eggbeaters. Also Kaylyn's kitchen blog has good low carb recipes.
Thanks Maile - I'll check those sites out. I like the eggbeaters idea too.

Quote:
[B]

Are you using a yogurt machine? If so do you mind sharing what make you've got? I recall someone (I think it's MomPattie on the 100% thread) makes it in her crockpot, leaving it overnight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post

I can relate to weaning away from the dieting mentality. I have seen that over the past weeks I've been on maintenance. I just don't want to get too far off and think I can eat anything. I have enough trouble with "just a little more" and that's with the "good" foods.

I have yet to have a fun day. It scares me. I feel I'd be like a recovering alcoholic who gives in and takes a drink and then it's downhill from there. Guess I need more weaning time. LOL

Molly
Take your time and enjoy your fun day when you feel 'ready'. I really haven't gone 'whole hog' with one as yet. Like you, it scares me.... for some reason the thought of indulging in something like pizza or ice cream makes me worry that I'd be bringing on a mini-binge. (I'm not a binger, but some foods make it difficult for me to be satisfied with just one serving - I want 'more' (or at least I always did pre-diet). Plus, if I eat it - it better be DARN GOOD!! I don't want to bring a whole carton of ice cream - or a whole pizza either - into the house, and I don't know of a local restaurant or take-out place around here that really has the quality that makes me want to go for it. I've got a feeling I'll be disappointed, and kick myself for splurging on something that doesn't taste anywhere near as good as I remember.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:15 PM   #38  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

I used a combination of Mompattie's method for the yogurt making with a couple variations from a yogurt book I recently picked up. I hope this link to her method works for you.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/79274604/Ho...k%20Yogurt.png

I was using my oven until late in the evening so I used a heating pad on low covering my bowl for the night. I didn't want to buy a yogurt maker while I'm trying to clean out and this method worked well so I don't see why you would need one. I used 6 cups skim milk and 2 cups almond milk as a mix. My yogurt book says to not use only nut milk so I'm trying different concentrations to see how much I can get away with vs. dairy milk.

I have saved the whey liquid that I drained out but I'm not quite sure what to do with it now. It seems a shame to waste it though.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:21 PM   #39  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
I used a combination of Mompattie's method for the yogurt making with a couple variations from a yogurt book I recently picked up. I hope this link to her method works for you.

I was using my oven until late in the evening so I used a heating pad on low covering my bowl for the night. I didn't want to buy a yogurt maker while I'm trying to clean out and this method worked well so I don't see why you would need one. I used 6 cups skim milk and 2 cups almond milk as a mix. My yogurt book says to not use only nut milk so I'm trying different concentrations to see how much I can get away with vs. dairy milk.

I have saved the whey liquid that I drained out but I'm not quite sure what to do with it now. It seems a shame to waste it though.
You can use the whey to replace some of the liquid in baking and cooking - it doesn't add anything to the flavor but adds some protein and nutrients!

I've made yogurt in my crockpot for a long time, but never tried it with a blend of regular and nut milks - going to have to give it a try, I am eating a LOT more yogurt these days!
Old 04-07-2013, 10:29 PM   #40  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:

Great! Thanks. I'm eating yogourt every day too, and I find the greek yogourt is pretty expensive around here. So it's great to know how to make it more inexpensively... plus I love the idea of experimenting with some combos of almond milk/skim milk as well. I've got two crock pots - so I'll be giving this a try soon.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:26 AM   #41  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Evepet: You don't have Costco in Canada? Their greek yogurt is cheap. However, I bet your homemade tastes better.

For those of you who are eating gluten free, South Beach Diet has a new gluten free cookbook which should be low carb.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:54 AM   #42  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Evepet: You don't have Costco in Canada? Their greek yogurt is cheap. However, I bet your homemade tastes better.

For those of you who are eating gluten free, South Beach Diet has a new gluten free cookbook which should be low carb.
Maile - yes we do have a Costco in my city, but I'm not a member.... and it's totally on the outskirts on the other side of town from where I live. (Not to mention that for a variety of reasons at present I'm not driving... and it takes forever via public transit... and a taxi fare would undo the savings of shopping there in the first place). When I say 'expensive' it's all relative ... I've been paying $4.99 for a 500g tub of Oikos greek yogourt. What is irritating is that so many other brands of regular yogourt sell a 750g tub for around $299. But there's only 2-3 options for greek yogourt, and it's always more expensive. So - I'm looking forward to doing my own homemade version. Plus, I find I enjoy exploring all these new ideas in the kitchen. BTW - thanks for the tip about the new South Beach Diet cookbook. I googled Century Club Recipes last night, and already have a few pages from it saved in my 'Recipes to Try' favorites file.

--------------

Yesterday's low carb p1-p2-style day worked, and I feel slimmer this am, with less of that bloaty feeling. Scale also went down -1lbs, so that was good. All in all, I'm happy.

Cheers everyone - have a great day!

Last edited by evepet; 04-08-2013 at 08:59 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

[Lizzy Way to rock maintenance! Well done!

Kitkat WOOHOO for a new job, stressful situation applying, making the decision...doing it without eating your emotions is HUGE...good for you!

maile/evepet I buy my yogurt at Costco too lol...I have found larger tubs at Superstore that are’ not bad price wise but Costco is where I go. I just don’t have time to make my own . When I go to Costco I buy 2 sleeves of 3 and they last me and the VIP quite well for just over 2 weeks.

greeniris Post away, we are here for support. In support relationships it's always a give take kinda deal. Some days you need support, some days you give it. Don't be scared to post that you need some support and you know what I thought when I read it "good for you! GOOD FOR YOU for posting that, how many other people are lurking that needed to hear that they aren't alone". And then all the replies you got back...guaranteed lurkers were using those responses to formulate their own back on track plans. Being overweight is hard, losing weight is hard, maintaining weight is hard. I have said this in the past, it's not all unicorns farting sparkles, everyone...EVERYONE has difficult moments and timeframes...they just aren't forever. You won't go back, being on track feels better than being off track.

WebRover/Skinnyjeangirl Welcome to almost maintenance!

Ok, since we're confessing, the real reason I haven't bought shoes LOL...I haven't told you guys too much cause I was positive you all got tired of hearing about my hips. WELL, changed the orthotics and it caused a 'over rubbing' issue with my feet that turned into a staph infection that is now not healing right (going on over 4 weeks now). SO even though I'm sorry that I'm giving you guys some MORE health issues...I think the moral of my story...although I'm not eating my emotions...my stress is still coming out in other ways. If I was exercising...(which I can't even do videos now)...I'd be releasing my stress...and so I'm not eating or exercising my stress it's coming out in my health. UGH!!! My coach told me having a staph infection is irritation coming out of my body so I blame it all on the VIP

I knew KNEW I wouldn't be happy if I lost weight, that I would have to be happy no matter what. But I did think a magical wand would fly over top of me and all my health issues would magically float away, rather new and different ones are cropping up as apparently my body is still settling. GRRR

...bonus though, wedding invitations are in the mail!

...more to follow on the shoes as I can't possibly try them on right now <sigh>

Last edited by Ishbel; 04-08-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:14 PM   #44  
Started IP 3/26/12

Ishbel - Girl, I think you need to treat yourself to a series of massages. Maybe shiatsu? That will help relax you, and release toxins and stress. Not to mention that it feels great. Hang in there - this too will pass.

Also love your saying 'it's not all unicorns farting sparkles'... LMAO. A great mood lightener. I've been trying to picture it..... hmm... a unicorn farting sparkles.....????? ! LOL.

Last edited by evepet; 04-08-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:22 PM   #45  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
[[greeniris Post away, we are here for support. In support relationships it's always a give take kinda deal. Some days you need support, some days you give it. Don't be scared to post that you need some support and you know what I thought when I read it "good for you! GOOD FOR YOU for posting that, how many other people are lurking that needed to hear that they aren't alone". And then all the replies you got back...guaranteed lurkers were using those responses to formulate their own back on track plans. Being overweight is hard, losing weight is hard, maintaining weight is hard. I have said this in the past, it's not all unicorns farting sparkles, everyone...EVERYONE has difficult moments and timeframes...they just aren't forever. You won't go back, being on track feels better than being off track.

Ok, since we're confessing, the real reason I haven't bought shoes LOL...I haven't told you guys too much cause I was positive you all got tired of hearing about my hips. WELL, changed the orthotics and it caused a 'over rubbing' issue with my feet that turned into a staph infection that is now not healing right (going on over 4 weeks now). SO even though I'm sorry that I'm giving you guys some MORE health issues...I think the moral of my story...although I'm not eating my emotions...my stress is still coming out in other ways. If I was exercising...(which I can't even do videos now)...I'd be releasing my stress...and so I'm not eating or exercising my stress it's coming out in my health. UGH!!! My coach told me having a staph infection is irritation coming out of my body so I blame it all on the VIP

I knew KNEW I wouldn't be happy if I lost weight, that I would have to be happy no matter what. But I did think a magical wand would fly over top of me and all my health issues would magically float away, rather new and different ones are cropping up as apparently my body is still settling. GRRR

...bonus though, wedding invitations are in the mail!

...more to follow on the shoes as I can't possibly try them on right now <sigh>
OMG - I can't stop laughing! I hadn't seen the phrase bolded above before!!! It's great! You have a way of putting a spin on things that not only makes your point, but does it in such a way that lightens the mood. Thank you Ishbel.
I'm really sorry you're having problems with a staph infection; they can be miserable, and lengthy. Hopefully yours will heal sooner than later. FYI - my new DIL wore nice flip-flops when she & my son married last October. No one ever saw them.
Closed Thread