Old 04-03-2015, 12:55 AM   #301  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosfos View Post
Hi all - I'm using the RTD Vanilla drink exclusively so there are very few recipes :-( However, a few weeks ago I left one in the freezer by accident ... lo and behold, after a few minutes of defrosting, I had something that tasted like vanilla ICE CREAM!!!! It was amazing :-)
Vanilla with nutmeg (pseudo-eggnog), vanilla with cinnamon, vanilla with the real lime lime sachets to make a key lime drink. Hopefully at least one new option there.
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 12:56 AM   #302  

S/C/G: 189.6/146/135 Age 73

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
Put it in a blender and mix in with the IP chocolate pudding to thicken it up, or the chocolate drink with some blended ice. Trust me, you won't taste it at all.
What proportions do you suggest I use?
oma lurline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:00 AM   #303  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Put it in a blender and mix in with the IP chocolate pudding to thicken it up, or the chocolate drink with some blended ice. Trust me, you won't taste it at all.
^^ this too! I went through a green smoothie stage in 2013 (pre IP) and kale was my preferred green of choice. Even just mixed with regular vanilla protein powder and a couple strawberries I couldn't taste it (again - this was 2013, not now). Blending it you don't have to worry about the spines - when I make Kale chips or saute it in a little evoo / garlic / water, I remove the spines (PITA, I know) - too tough.

Last edited by hysteria_625; 04-03-2015 at 08:00 AM.
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 04:05 PM   #304  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oma lurline View Post
That is how I did them but without the garlic. I didn't like how the ribs turned into hard toothpicks. Maybe I just don't like kale. I love spinach and other greens. I am cheap so I am looking for some way to make it palatable and not waste it. I am not a picky eater (or I wouldn't be in the shape that I am in!)
You have to tear the leaves off the stems. Then you don't get the "toothpicks"
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 11:34 PM   #305  

S/C/G: 245/seetracker/155

Height: 5'11

Quote:
Vanilla with nutmeg (pseudo-eggnog), vanilla with cinnamon, vanilla with the real lime lime sachets to make a key lime drink. Hopefully at least one new option there.
Thanks, Briael I haven't even thought of adding spices. Off to experiment.
fosfos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 08:27 AM   #306  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by oma lurline View Post
What proportions do you suggest I use?
2 cups of kale goes down to around 1/3cup of liquid (make sure you remove the spines - ick!). Four to five ice cubs. Blend blend blend until it's smooth.

If you can still taste a faint bitterness (most people can't) add some spices to pep it up.
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 09:25 PM   #307  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Default Fauxtato Salad

Cauliflower "Potato" Salad

1 head of cauliflower trimmed and cut into bite size pieces, steamed until tender
6 boiled eggs
1/3 cup homemade mayonnaise plus 1 T WF mayo
3 T yellow mustard
3 T chopped dill pickle
1/8 cup of chopped raw onion (can use more if you prefer)
1/4 t black pepper
1/2 t sea salt

Place egg yokes in a large bowl. Add mayo and mustard and using a fork, blend well. Cut the whites into small bite size pieces. Drain cauliflower. When it has cooled combine all ingredients. Cover tightly and chill over night.

About 3/4 cup of salad equals 1 cup veggie and 1-2 oz protein (depending on how much eggs gets in there!)

Last edited by frawniemae; 04-04-2015 at 09:25 PM.
frawniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 09:34 PM   #308  
determined

Default "Carrot" Cake

Carrot Cake with Frosting

1 butterscotch pudding mix (dry)
1 maple oatmeal mix (dry)
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. Splenda
¼ tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 tsp. ground ginger
1/3 C. liquid egg whites
1 T. skim milk
2 tsp. olive oil
2 T. vanilla pre-made drink
½ tsp. vanilla extract
¼ C. pureed roasted rutabaga (see recipe below)
Cinnamon (for rutabaga)
Splenda (for rutabaga)
Olive Oil Cooking spray

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Cube ½ C. rutabaga, place in a medium sized bowl. Spray with olive oil cooking spray and sprinkle with some cinnamon and Splenda; toss to coat.
Place far apart on a baking sheet and roast for 15 – 20 minutes or until golden brown. Turn rutabaga once during roasting. Set aside to cool.
TURN OVEN DOWN TO 350 degrees.
For the cake batter: In a medium mixing bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients, mix well. Add the remaining wet ingredients (except rutabaga); stir.
Place cooled rutabaga in a food processor and puree (this will take the place of carrots.) The rutabaga will be grainy, not smooth like true puree and should be shrunk down enough during roasting to give you ¼ C. of puree. Fold ¼ C. pureed rutabaga into the batter.
Generously spray an oven-proof 5” round glass Pyrex bowl with cooking spray. (1 Qt. size)
Place batter into the bowl, spray the back of a spoon with cooking spray and lightly spread batter evenly into the bowl.
Bake 22 - 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes clean. Cool.

Servings: 2 IP unrestricted + ½ C. veggies (if you are using the frosting, add 1 restricted serving)

CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
Recipe by Janeva Eickhoff

2 oz. Tofutti Soy cream cheese (I subbed neuchefel cheese)
1 T. Walden Farms marshmallow dip
1 T. vanilla drink mix (dry) (I subbed pudding mix)
1 T. cream cheese emulsion (this is an extract flavoring that is sugar free and water based, that can be purchased from www.olivenation.com) ( I subbed 2 T vanilla RTD)

Directions:
Place all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and whip with an electric hand beater for about 1 minute.
Frost cooled cake; cut and serve in wedges.

Servings: Count this as 1 restricted

I quadrupled the recipe, baked in a 13x9 Pyrex baking dish, and cut into 12 pieces. I figured each piece will count as 1.5 packets, a scant 1/4 c occasional veggie plus 1oz milk and I also will count it as restricted.

Last edited by frawniemae; 04-04-2015 at 09:38 PM.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:14 PM   #309  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Default Chicken Rice (Cauliflower)

- 2 cups Cauliflower florets (200 g)
- 1 Ideal Protein Chicken Soup
- 1/2 Lemon (for Lemon Juice)
- 1-2 tsp Olive Oil
- Roasted Garlic to your liking
- Salt & Pepper to taste

1 - Steam cauliflower in microwave - 8 minutes or so should do the trick (you don't want mush but you want to get a fork through the florets). (I have a microwave steam container I got at Amazon that I use)

2 - While cauliflower is steaming, roast garlic for about 10 minutes in the oven at about 375. The amount of garlic is per your liking.

3 - mix Chicken Soup but with 6 oz of water so it is thicker. Add lemon juice by squeezing lemon, salt and pepper to the soup and make per normal instructions. I microwave it for 2 minutes.

4 - Add the cauliflower, some of the chicken soup (I used about half), roasted garlic and olive oil into food processer on Level 2 for about 30 seconds and then pulse for about 15. You want to make sure your garlic and cauliflower is processed.

Serve warm.
This counts as a lunch (1 IP packet, 2 cups veggies, and fat)

Here is a picture...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7J...ew?usp=sharing
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 06:18 PM   #310  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Default French Bread Rolls (Really!)

1 scoop Quest Multi-Purpose Protein Powder
1 egg white
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 packet Stevia

Mix ingredients together. Bake in a mini cake pan at 385 for 20 minutes.

Here is what they look like...I swear they taste like French Bread. I had one with peanut butter. I think it would be better with eggs or as a sandwich with meat of your choice.

Old 04-07-2015, 06:23 PM   #311  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Default Cinnamon Spice Muffin

1 Proti-thin Cinnamon Spice Oatmeal packet (or any brand/flavor of your choosing)
1 egg white
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 Stevia pack or 1 tsp
1 tsp cinnamon
2 oz of water

Mix together and bake at 385 for 20 minutes.
I made one muffin out of it but you can do mini ones.

I made 6 packets at once...they count as 1 breakfast or snack...here's how they look...

Old 04-13-2015, 12:34 PM   #312  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Turkey Meatballs with lemony (Cauliflower) Rice

http://www.thebittenword.com/thebitt...mony-rice.html

I made this Saturday with the cauliflower substitution the bloggers suggested. I also left out the bread from the meatballs and used fresh ground dark meat turkey. Between the two, my meatballs were almost too wet to turn. It was really tasty though and I will definitely be making it again. I'll probably just make a patty in the future instead of meatballs though.

The cauli rice was especially tasty with the garlic, lemon, and chicken broth. I had intended to use the Parmesan for this first time, but I forgot to buy some and didn't miss it at all.
Wahoofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 12:46 PM   #313  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
2 cups of kale goes down to around 1/3cup of liquid (make sure you remove the spines - ick!). Four to five ice cubs. Blend blend blend until it's smooth.

If you can still taste a faint bitterness (most people can't) add some spices to pep it up.
B - My Ninja even pulverizes the spines! (just saying ) Is this unusual?
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 09:32 AM   #314  
determined

Default Fudgesicles

2 packets IP dark chocolate pudding mix
1 packet Syntrax Nectar Chocolate Truffle mix
1 T unsweetened cocoa powder
2 t stevia
2 cups cold water
1 1/2 c Silk (unflavored, and if you use unsweetened - add another tsp of stevia) If you'd rather not use Silk you can use 2% or even water or a mixture of any of said ingredients but liquids should total 3 1/2 cups.

Using blender, process on high until smooth and creamy. If too thick to pour, blend in up to a T of cold water. Pour into popsicle molds and freeze at least 4-6 hours before enjoying.

This recipe made 6 large popsicles and, according to myfitnesspal, each of these babies has 77 calories, 5 carbs, 1 fat, 12 protein, 2 sugar, 137 sodium.
If you use the options I mentioned, these number will change, possibly being lower.

Enjoy!
Old 05-04-2015, 10:00 AM   #315  
determined

Default Naked Burrito Casserole

NAKED BURRITO CASSEROLE
Recipe by Janeva Eickhoff

Yields 2 servings

Ingredients:
8 oz. lean ground beef (or chicken or turkey)
sugar free Taco seasoning, to taste
1 - 10 oz. can *Rotel mild diced tomatoes & green chiles
4 eggs + 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
Fresh cilantro, chopped (to taste)
Mockamole, optional
Shredded Lettuce
*Pico de Gallo, optional
Cooking spray

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a medium frying pan, brown ground beef, drain and season with taco seasoning.
3. Spread ground beef evenly into a 9 x 9 inch baking dish.
4. Drain Rotel, spread evenly over beef mixture.
5. Pour beaten eggs over the top, sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
6. Bake 25 minutes or just until center of casserole is set and eggs no longer jiggle. Do not over bake or the eggs will go from tender to tough.
7. Cut casserole into 4 squares, stack 2 on top of each other on a plate and serve topped with shredded lettuce, cilantro, mockamole and Pico de Gallo.

Servings: Entire recipe = 16 oz. lean protein (8 oz. ground beef + 4 whole eggs + 2 egg whites) + 4 C. veggies (including the tomatoes, lettuce, Pico de Gallo.); ½ recipe = 8 oz. lean protein + 2 C. veggies

TIP: Use any of the Rotel diced tomatoes with green chiles, ie – mild, Mexican, hot, etc. If you cannot find Rotel brand, use 1 C. canned diced tomatoes (drained) and ½ C. canned diced green chiles (drained.) For the Pico de Gallo, you can purchase this in the refrigerated section of the produce area or make your own by cutting up tomato, onion, cilantro, jalapeno and lime juice, to taste.