3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2015, 08:02 AM   #271
oneuh2
 
oneuh2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Wash DC metro area
Posts: 1,596

S/C/G: reboot 1/5/2017 232./204/150

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
PUMPKIN MAPLE MUFFINS (or Biscotti)
Recipe by Janeva Eickhoff

1 IP Butterscotch pudding mix (I used vanilla)
1 IP Crispy cereal mix, crushed
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. extra light olive oil
1 T. skim milk
1/3 C. liquid egg whites, lightly whisked
¼ C. Walden Farms Maple Syrup

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients together including the pudding, cereal, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice.
3.Add the remaining wet ingredients.
4.Spray 6 regular sized muffin tins with cooking spray, then divide batter into them. (I used 2 mini loaf pans.)
5.Bake 13 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean.

Servings: 6 muffins = 2 IP unrestricted 3 muffins = 1 IP unrestricted
1 mini loaf = 1 IP unrestricted (I cut it into 4 slices and toasted to make “biscotti”.)
These look good Frawniemae! I wonder why the title/ name refers to biscotti? Do you really get crunch?

I usually add shredded zuke or cauli rice to packet muffins - do think this will work in this recipe?
__________________


Started IP July 2014 - lost 82lbs toward goal to lose 90; Re-start at 232.4 on Jan 6, 2017.

“Vision without action is a daydream.” Japanese proverb
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 08:48 AM   #272
determined
 
frawniemae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Home is where I park it!
Posts: 844

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
These look good Frawniemae! I wonder why the title/ name refers to biscotti? Do you really get crunch?

I usually add shredded zuke or cauli rice to packet muffins - do think this will work in this recipe?
Janeva didn't do the "biscotti; that was me. I had read where someone tried it that way. That's why I baked in mini loaf pan instead of as muffins. When sliced and toasted, they got fairly crunchy. Careful, though; they want to burn at the edges. Next time I will try with the butterscotch pudding as it may add extra flavor (didn't have any on hand this time). I found these rather bland. If I go with vanilla, I'll add a packet of stevia and a tsp of cinnamon. If you add veggies I don't think they'll get crunchy but otherwise should be okay.
__________________
M1-18.4lbs, M2-14.4lbs, M3-12.8lbs, M4-13.8, M5-9.2lbs, M6-8.2lbs, M7-16.2lbs, M8- 11.4, M9- 8.2, M10 -11.4, M11 - 8.6, M12-4.2
First mini goal - 10lb by 2/14/2015-did it!
Second mini goal - 40lb by 4/10/2015-done!!
Third mini goal - Onederland by 8/22/2015
8/31/15 - arrived in Onderland



Restarted 6/24/2017

Last edited by frawniemae; 03-02-2015 at 08:49 AM.
frawniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:18 AM   #273
IP start Aug 2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 8,219

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
These look good Frawniemae! I wonder why the title/ name refers to biscotti? Do you really get crunch?
I usually add shredded zuke or cauli rice to packet muffins - do think this will work in this recipe?
Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
Janeva didn't do the "biscotti; that was me. I had read where someone tried it that way. That's why I baked in mini loaf pan instead of as muffins. When sliced and toasted, they got fairly crunchy. Careful, though; they want to burn at the edges. Next time I will try with the butterscotch pudding as it may add extra flavor (didn't have any on hand this time). I found these rather bland. If I go with vanilla, I'll add a packet of stevia and a tsp of cinnamon. If you add veggies I don't think they'll get crunchy but otherwise should be okay.
I made potato packet "bread" in a square pan (four packets = four servings)
I bet if you made it in there (or loaf pan like frawniemae did), you'd get the biscotti (shape). And, since she's toasting them in the toaster, I bet they'd get cruchy even with veggies added. Of course, with biscotti, a different flavor would be ideal. I like the idea of the butterscotch. I also have some alt brand caramel pudding powder. I bet that would be good (or my Chocolate Quest powder for chocolate biscotti).

For the potato packet bread, I cut the bread into fourths & make veggies sandwiches for lunch, with the "bread" being my protein. I think I got the idea from rainbow (imagine that! Our resident creation artist!). I love your ideas as well, frawniemae!
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)
Lost 95 lbs on IP!
Link to weight loss Photos


Last edited by lisa32989; 03-02-2015 at 09:22 AM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:57 AM   #274
Senior Member
 
JJTx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 714

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I made potato packet "bread" in a square pan (four packets = four servings)

For the potato packet bread, I cut the bread into fourths & make veggies sandwiches for lunch, with the "bread" being my protein. I think I got the idea from rainbow (imagine that! Our resident creation artist!). I love your ideas as well, frawniemae!
I started making versions of "bread" this way too, thanks to your mention Lisa. (My latest one was 2 packets potato, 2 packets chicken.) But the veggie sandwich idea is great!

You make yours with shredded zucchini right? Mine gets a little soggy on the bottom even with some extra baking time - any tips?
__________________
************************************
IP works if you work it - I changed my life in one year, and will continue the journey to be a healthy me for the rest of my life!


Started IP: 6/30/2014
Phase 1 complete: 7/1/2015 (144 pounds gone for good!)
Maintenance: 8/5/2015
JJTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 01:23 PM   #275
Started IP 11/28/2011
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 161

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Rotini Oatmeal!

I began making this shortly after they came out with the plain rotini - long before they came out with the unrestricted oatmeal. I still prefer this over the unrestricted oatmeal. I find the UR oatmeal too "gummy/pasty." This just seems fresher to me and chewy if you want chewy.

1 cooked pack of plain Rotini
Drain. Cut it all up into small pieces. I like mine pretty small (only takes a minute to do). Mix in bowl with WF pancake syrup. Add dash of cinnamon. Warm in microwave a few seconds if it got cold during process of cutting.

Enjoy
__________________
doublebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 03:23 PM   #276
Feed Your Freedom
 
rainbowsmiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Carolina Girl
Posts: 4,429

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
For the potato packet bread, I cut the bread into fourths & make veggies sandwiches for lunch, with the "bread" being my protein. I think I got the idea from rainbow (imagine that! Our resident creation artist!). I love your ideas as well, frawniemae!
this really made me smile today....i appreciate you so much! been awol for a few days and totally slid off the wagon but reined it back in last night and back on track today. 9-10 weeks seems to be my downfall. trying to get ym mindset again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
I started making versions of "bread" this way too, thanks to your mention Lisa. (My latest one was 2 packets potato, 2 packets chicken.) But the veggie sandwich idea is great!

You make yours with shredded zucchini right? Mine gets a little soggy on the bottom even with some extra baking time - any tips?
jj...when i make the "bread" i use a panini press and make a yummy roasted red pepper and red onion sandwich! great with soup!




recipe in the thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...mn-2-a-10.html
__________________

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 03-07-2015 at 03:24 PM.
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 04:11 PM   #277
Member
 
sweetvt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 58

S/C/G: 267/234/145

Height: 5'4"

Default

That looks so good! I wonder if there is a substitute for potato purée for those of us using alternatives. Any ideas?
sweetvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 04:42 PM   #278
Feed Your Freedom
 
rainbowsmiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Carolina Girl
Posts: 4,429

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvt View Post
That looks so good! I wonder if there is a substitute for potato purée for those of us using alternatives. Any ideas?
i have not successfully found anything that is close to the IP potato puree mix. i splurge and buy the IP even though most everything else i have is an alternative.
__________________
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 06:50 PM   #279
Senior Member
 
JJTx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 714

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post

jj...when i make the "bread" i use a panini press and make a yummy roasted red pepper and red onion sandwich! great with soup!
Thanks for the reply Rainbow, and as always the delicious pictures!!
__________________
************************************
IP works if you work it - I changed my life in one year, and will continue the journey to be a healthy me for the rest of my life!


Started IP: 6/30/2014
Phase 1 complete: 7/1/2015 (144 pounds gone for good!)
Maintenance: 8/5/2015
JJTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 10:55 AM   #280
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Boston
Posts: 171

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Flank Steak Peperonata

I have had great success with recipes recommended by this blog in the past. I hate peppers, so I haven't tried this one, but since it was completely IP friendly I thought I would pass it on for those who do like peppers.

http://www.thebittenword.com/thebitt...eperonata.html
__________________
Wahoofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:56 PM   #281
determined
 
frawniemae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Home is where I park it!
Posts: 844

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Default Fried Dill Pickles w horseradish dipping sauce

If you like pickles, you will LOVE these!!

1 c low sodium dill pickles, very well drained
1/3 c egg whites
1 IP Dill Zippers, crushed (Sea Salt and vinegar would work and probably the garlic and herb crisps, too; flavor would be the only difference)

Put pickles in shallow dish and pour eggwhites over all. Stir around to coat evenly. Put crushed zippers, etc in another shallow dish and, doing a few at a time, dredge the pickles until fairly well coated. Place on a parchment sheet covered baking pan. Bake at 375 20-25 minutes.

Horseradish Dipping Sauce
1 T WF Ranch dressing
1 T homemade chipotle (or plain) mayo
1 tsp prepared creamy horseradish (check to be sure it is 0/0/0)

Mix well. Would be good with a number of veggies!
__________________
M1-18.4lbs, M2-14.4lbs, M3-12.8lbs, M4-13.8, M5-9.2lbs, M6-8.2lbs, M7-16.2lbs, M8- 11.4, M9- 8.2, M10 -11.4, M11 - 8.6, M12-4.2
First mini goal - 10lb by 2/14/2015-did it!
Second mini goal - 40lb by 4/10/2015-done!!
Third mini goal - Onederland by 8/22/2015
8/31/15 - arrived in Onderland



Restarted 6/24/2017
frawniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:20 PM   #282
Restarted IP 7/3/2017
 
ImASharkIPromise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: NoVa
Posts: 226

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

Default Bulgogi!

I had a need for bulgogi, and my roommates wanted beef and broccoli, so I adapted a recipe to make it IP friendly! I've since made it with chicken, and it was delicious as well!

Bulgogi and Veggies
(Two IP servings)

1 lb flank steak or chicken breast, sliced thin
5 tbs soy sauce
2 1/2 tbs Splenda
1/4 cup chopped scallion
2 tbs minced garlic
2 tsp sesame seeds
4 tsp sesame oil
Several dashes of red pepper flakes to taste
1/2 tsp black pepper
4 cups broccoli (or greenbeans, or bok choy... these could all work!)
Salt

1. Mix the meat with all ingredients but the veggies and salt, and marinade in the refrigerator for an hour. The sauce will barely cover the meat- this isn't an overly saucy meal, so this is normal.
2. While the meat marinades, cook the veggies however you prefer and add salt to taste.
3. Cook the meat and sauce in a pan of hot olive oil until cooked throughout. Remove from heat, and mix in in the vegetables.
4. Enjoy!

I've also made this for guests with a side of rice, and they love it I just stick to the bulgogi and veggies, and they have no idea I'm on a diet!
__________________
Restarted as of 7/3/2017

W1 - 3.2



ImASharkIPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 04:59 PM   #283
IP Start Date 8/29/14
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bloomingdale, IL
Posts: 778

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Default Sticky Recipe Booklet Request

Is it possible for someone to post in the Sticky thread under the recipes the post(s) that have the links to the varous recipe booklets (eg Rainbow's vol 1 & II)? I also created one from all the recipes that were in the recipe threads and others I found that I liked.

My computer restarted last night and I had the Adobe files open that had Rainbow's 2 volumes and lost them and now I can't find them in the threads. It would be so much easier to just have a direct link or download available from the Sticky for each.

On a separate but related note, would it also be helpful to add some additional organization to the recipes. For example, for everyone to be consistent and post the recipe title in the title of the post (but this still leaves the problem of having to wade through comments and postings to find a recipe) so perhaps a sticky with a link to the files themselves so that everyone puts their recipes directly into a document and then use the recipe thread to comment about likes/dislikes, etc?

Just some thoughts as I have been experiencing these issues while trying to put together a maintenance plan with recipes at hand and realize there is a ton of info in the threads that have accumulated over the years but so time consuming to try and use them.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:16 PM   #284
determined
 
frawniemae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Home is where I park it!
Posts: 844

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro22 View Post
Is it possible for someone to post in the Sticky thread under the recipes the post(s) that have the links to the varous recipe booklets (eg Rainbow's vol 1 & II)? I also created one from all the recipes that were in the recipe threads and others I found that I liked.

My computer restarted last night and I had the Adobe files open that had Rainbow's 2 volumes and lost them and now I can't find them in the threads. It would be so much easier to just have a direct link or download available from the Sticky for each.

On a separate but related note, would it also be helpful to add some additional organization to the recipes. For example, for everyone to be consistent and post the recipe title in the title of the post (but this still leaves the problem of having to wade through comments and postings to find a recipe) so perhaps a sticky with a link to the files themselves so that everyone puts their recipes directly into a document and then use the recipe thread to comment about likes/dislikes, etc?

Just some thoughts as I have been experiencing these issues while trying to put together a maintenance plan with recipes at hand and realize there is a ton of info in the threads that have accumulated over the years but so time consuming to try and use them.
Here's a link to rainbow's Vol 1 & 2 threads
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...s-rainbow.html
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...umn-2-a-2.html
__________________
M1-18.4lbs, M2-14.4lbs, M3-12.8lbs, M4-13.8, M5-9.2lbs, M6-8.2lbs, M7-16.2lbs, M8- 11.4, M9- 8.2, M10 -11.4, M11 - 8.6, M12-4.2
First mini goal - 10lb by 2/14/2015-did it!
Second mini goal - 40lb by 4/10/2015-done!!
Third mini goal - Onederland by 8/22/2015
8/31/15 - arrived in Onderland



Restarted 6/24/2017

Last edited by frawniemae; 03-11-2015 at 09:18 PM.
frawniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:56 PM   #285
IP Start Date 8/29/14
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bloomingdale, IL
Posts: 778

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
Thx but those are the threads - I am looking for the recipe booklets that another poster put together in PDF files that I believe are in a post somewhere.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #3 Ruthxxx Ideal Protein Diet 513 02-12-2013 08:28 PM
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #2 Leenie Ideal Protein Diet 504 07-10-2011 08:20 AM
Ideal Protein Diet - FAQ Leenie Ideal Protein Diet 565 03-08-2011 02:13 AM
Ideal Protein Diet - Recipes Leenie Ideal Protein Diet 535 03-04-2010 09:02 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:23 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2