Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #61  
Started IP 1/9/13

S/C/G: 234.4/158/130

Height: 5'1

Today was my first weigh in and have lost 6lbs!! Yay! Off to a good start!
Old 01-16-2013, 04:16 PM   #62  
Sleeved in Mexico

S/C/G: 250 /170.4 /140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumielumes View Post
AWESOME JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-16-2013, 04:33 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 286/274/150

Height: 5`4

Smile Excited

I am loving the ideal protein diet!!!! I have been on it a week and a half and I am down 12lbs!!!!!!! My second weigh in is tomorrow!!!!!
Old 01-16-2013, 04:51 PM   #64  
Kara - Restart 8/23/2013

S/C/G: 277.4/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

Weigh in today and was down 6.6 (after last week only 6 oz) and I am SOOOOO close to my halfway point!

Coloring my hair red when I hit 50 lbs lost... which will probably be this weekend!
Old 01-16-2013, 05:02 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Calisto. Congrats, post pics when you dye it

I hit goal as defined by my clinic for my age group. 35% fat in the 41 to 50 age group, does not correspond to BMI.

Lost 2 pounds todays WI

So coach was happy, we have together decided to hit it hard for 2 more weeks of phase 1, week of phase 2, 2 weeks of phase 3 followed by vacation to costa rica.

So happy

Last edited by sonyainva; 01-16-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:44 PM   #66  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezie68 View Post
FINALLY!!!! I HIT ONEDERLAND!!!!!!!!!! I'm 199.75, but heck, I'll take it!
I haven't been here in maybe 10 years?
Awesome job!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Good for you!
Now send that whoosh fairy to my Monday am WI so I can join you!
I need a 3.9 whoosh to get to 199.9
Lisa, that fairy better bring friends, you are due for a major WHOOSH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycht View Post
That is awesome! Are you planning on doing a 5K?
I am! I registered for one in September, but I may do one or two over the summer. I'm also doing a 20 mile walk for hunger in May. Depending on how much I love/hate the running I may do the local St Patricks Day half marathon next year - gotta have goals!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisto View Post
Weigh in today and was down 6.6 (after last week only 6 oz) and I am SOOOOO close to my halfway point!

Coloring my hair red when I hit 50 lbs lost... which will probably be this weekend!

Woo hoo!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyainva View Post
I hit goal as defined by my clinic for my age group. 35% fat in the 41 to 50 age group, does not correspond to BMI.
Lost 2 pounds todays WI
So coach was happy, we have together decided to hit it hard for 2 more weeks of phase 1, week of phase 2, 2 weeks of phase 3 followed by vacation to costa rica.
So happy
Way to go Sonya!!
Old 01-16-2013, 06:00 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 181/137/136 Start: 11/28/12

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kileymed13 View Post
Today was WI for me and -4 pounds and 2 1/2 inches!! I was very happy because I started the C25K last week and walked on a few other days. I was afraid it would slow me down a little but it didn't. I know the time will come when it will catch up and I am good with it, I am fine with lower loss and more muscle.
Great WI!! Keep up the good work> Hope mine is that good in about an hour
Old 01-16-2013, 06:06 PM   #68  

Quote:
GREAT Start! Congratulations!
Old 01-16-2013, 06:08 PM   #69  

Quote:

Awesome!!
Old 01-16-2013, 06:09 PM   #70  

Quote:

Lost 2 pounds todays WI

So happy
Great Job Sonya! Hope your trip is amazing!
Old 01-16-2013, 06:43 PM   #71  
~Kelly~

S/C/G: 229.4/189.4/150

Height: 5'5

Day one went well. Thought I might have ate my arm at some points, but I didn't. Day two, much better on the hunger front, but I got a headache and am so drained and tired. I sure hope tomorrow will be better in that regards because a classroom full of 7 year olds, after two days off, is not going to be fun!!

I hope everyone is doing well!!
Old 01-16-2013, 07:00 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 164.8/150.5/128 1) -4.8,2)-3.2

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
W.I. 199.8! Feel free to sing along with me and John Mayer people....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec0ZbevW2do
Onederland!!! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trina M View Post
My first WI I lost 14 and I was committed. I go for my 2nd WI tomorrow and hope to have lost at least 1 but I am most excited about seeing how many inches I have lost. I will check in tomorrow evening to give a status. Hope everyone has a great day!
Congrats on an awesome first week, 14 pounds is crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizJazz View Post
Today is my first day on ip. Just curious, what do you put on your chicken/ fish when cooking to give it some flavor??
I just ate my dinner, which was cod that I baked and topped with a little Italian seasoning and a lot of Thyme, I covered it completely with the Thyme so it was like a little crust. I took 1 tsp of butter and dotted it over the top (you could use Olive oil, but I prefer the taste of butter for fish). I then squeezed lemon all around the fish so it cooks in a bit of liquid. That's a trick I learned from a restaurant I worked in..you could use a little water instead if you don't like lemon, but the flavor from lemon is great.

For chicken you can cook same way using your favorite spices, I like rosemary and thyme, if cooking a whole chicken I dust ground sage over it as well and stick a lemon in the cavity, salt and pepper and roast it up.

Another really great chicken dish is to make a 'mock' marsala. Using a tsp of olive oil, brown your chicken breasts in a saute pan. Then take them out and let rest on a plate. To the saute pan add one cup of sliced mushrooms and your second tsp of olive oil (or butter). Let cook for a few minutes, then add two tablespoons of fat free beef broth (you could use chicken, but beef gives a richer flavor for this). Let it reduce a little, then add a hint of trivia for a bit of sweetness if you like or a tsp of marsala wine. (there's less than one carb in a tsp of marsala). pour over the chicken.

You could make a similar sauce for chicken piccata using lemon juice and chicken broth after sauteeing the chicken. That's really good too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kileymed13 View Post
Today was WI for me and -4 pounds and 2 1/2 inches!! I was very happy because I started the C25K last week and walked on a few other days. I was afraid it would slow me down a little but it didn't. I know the time will come when it will catch up and I am good with it, I am fine with lower loss and more muscle.
Congrats!

Quote:
Yahoo!

Quote:
Congrats, that is a very good start!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSLABTECH View Post
I am loving the ideal protein diet!!!! I have been on it a week and a half and I am down 12lbs!!!!!!! My second weigh in is tomorrow!!!!!
Yay! that's awesome, am sure tomorrow will bring good news.

Quote:

Congrats, so many big drops this week!!

Quote:

Lost 2 pounds todays WI

So happy
Sonya, that's great news! Congrats!!
Old 01-16-2013, 07:22 PM   #73  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Congrats!! That's got to feel great! Keep up the great work!

Quote:

Wow! Great WI!! You definitely have to post pics when you color it. (I think it will look great on you!)

Quote:

Lost 2 pounds todays WI

So happy
Nice job!! Can't wait til I can get there!! (Your post also got me thinking about what might be a *reasonable* fat percentage for someone my age ... Off to Google.... )

Congrats to all you IP newbies. Keep up the good work! The key really is staying 100% OP.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:46 PM   #74  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I registered for one in September, but I may do one or two over the summer. I'm also doing a 20 mile walk for hunger in May. Depending on how much I love/hate the running I may do the local St Patricks Day half marathon next year - gotta have goals!!!
!

i just wanted to say that you are always such an inspiration!! i wanted to THANK YOU for all that you do, always ready to help with questions and very sound advice and setting such an outstanding example!! you would be one AWESOME COACH!!!

you are one beautiful soul!!!

i heart you!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 01-16-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:53 PM   #75  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post

i just wanted to say that you are always such an inspiration!! i wanted to THANK YOU for all that you do, always ready to help with questions and very sound advice and setting such an outstanding example!! you would be one AWESOME COACH!!!

you are one beautiful soul!!!

i heart you!!!
Ditto!! I totally agree - especially about that she'd be an awesome coach!
Closed Thread