Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 06:40 PM   #31  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
So I have come to a decision and changed my goal weight. 170 seems more then attainable now thanks to all of you!! So I reset my goal to 150, that still seems crazy to me that I could ever be that small but I am going to enjoy getting there and staying there!!!
Good for you Monica, I am proud of you!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #32  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

My new year mantra needs to be "reduce and rejuvinate", or even better "reduce and rejoice". I need to reduce lots (weight, debt, clutter...) but I need to remember to not burn myself out and still have time for fun with family, sleep, planning my successes, enjoying work....

Big goals but big results if I can stick with it and have fun along the way

Thanks for being part of my journey my 3FC friends!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:56 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
I have to share a story. My mom and I have been on IP since the end of April. My mom has been overweight all her life and she has lost almost 60 pounds and looks amazing! I get pretty teary at times when I look at her because I have NEVER seen her like this. She is in size Med tops and size 12 pants (loose.) Well, my daughter and I went shopping with her because she needs a new coat. She would try on coat after coat and my 8 year old daughter would say yay or nay. 1 particular coat was a bright teal and lime green slim-fitting coat. My daughter looked at her and said, "Grandma, you look like.... a kid...at the high school." I laughed and so did my mom but that was her way of saying she looked so small. I am so so so thankful my mom and I found IP. She tells everyone she couldn't have done it without me and my information from "that website you always visit." I have to thank all of you! Your recipes, support, advice... I am happy for me but to see my mom happy, healthy and SKINNY... WOW. (emotional today.)
This brought tears to my eyes! Way to go!!!!!!!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:56 PM   #34  

Quote:
So I have come to a decision and changed my goal weight. 170 seems more then attainable now thanks to all of you!! So I reset my goal to 150, that still seems crazy to me that I could ever be that small but I am going to enjoy getting there and staying there!!!
Eeeeeee!!! Exciting!!!! I KNOW you can do this!!!! Wow!! Way to go!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
My new year mantra needs to be "reduce and rejuvinate", or even better "reduce and rejoice". I need to reduce lots (weight, debt, clutter...) but I need to remember to not burn myself out and still have time for fun with family, sleep, planning my successes, enjoying work....

Big goals but big results if I can stick with it and have fun along the way

Thanks for being part of my journey my 3FC friends!
Love your mantra!!!! REDUCE. Well said.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:02 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 255/196/180

Hgamroth- Great story! Such an inspiration!

My boss and I are both doing the diet. We keep each other accountable and have made a pact to compete in a local triathlon this summer!
Old 01-06-2013, 07:02 PM   #36  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post

Love your mantra!!!! REDUCE. Well said.
Thanks Pattie -- Maybe I'll combine all 3 words so I can have a "3R" slogan (a new and improved "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle" idea )
Old 01-06-2013, 07:06 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi View Post
Good for you Monica, I am proud of you!
Quote:
Eeeeeee!!! Exciting!!!! I KNOW you can do this!!!! Wow!! Way to go!!
Thanks Guys!! I am very excited about this decision. I someone had told me year ago that this was even possible for me without back breaking hard work everyday or SX I would have called them crazy!! But we can all do it!!!
Old 01-06-2013, 07:34 PM   #38  
Diane on track July 2014

NSV -- okay, it doesn't sound much of a victory but I had a "restricted-free day". For me that's big because those bars have become my new addiction. Even when I went off IP for a bit, the bars did not leave my diet! LOL

When this is all over, I may need a "12 step program" for my Pure Protein bars!
Old 01-06-2013, 08:19 PM   #39  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Quote:
That was very moving!! I would love to be doing this with my mom She has never been as big as me but she is over weight and unhappy with it but now was the right time for me not her Congratulations to both you and you Mom!!
You can do it Monica! We are the same height and 150 is pretty great! You have done so well and proven that YOU HAVE GOT THIS!

Thanks for the congrats. My mom is in her late 50's and now having the time of her life. IP is great!
Old 01-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #40  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
Had my weigh in today -- wasn't expecting much as TOM showed up yet again (he was here for almost three weeks, gone for a week and a half and then back again). Drank TONS of water yesterday trying to get rid of bloat, but it just had me peeing every two hours during the night.

Started yoga this week, and that might have me retaining water too. It's not strenuous by any stretch of the imagination, but my body hasn't moved like that in over a decade, so I know my muscles were feeling it.

Anyhow, had a good weigh in still. Down another 2.2 pounds. I know it's more than that though, as I wore a pair of jeans for a few hours last Sunday and they were TIGHT. I put them on today, and they fit well, with no tightness, and looking in the mirror, I can really tell. I just look thinner (not daring to say thin just yet).

Glad the holidays are over, and the sun is staying longer. I always get a bit Spring crazy around this time with the brighter/longer days becoming evident. Although the snow and the 8 degree temperature this morning kept me cold on my morning walk.

I calculated my weight loss from my weigh in the Sunday after Thanksgiving until now (the Sunday after New Years) and I lost 23.6 pounds during that holiday time. So just thrilled with that.

I can't thank all of you enough for all the help, support, advice, and just being so friendly. I could never have done this journey on my own, and finances kept me from getting a coach, so this forum has been invaluable, and has quite simply changed my life. So thank you!
Well done Starshine. You have been an inspiration on this forum too. Thanks for your posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Congratulations, Beck!!! Wow!! You made it!!

Wow, Starshine!!! You are almost there!!!! I agree. I do not want to gain this weight back either. I know I my eating habits and relationship with food have changed. I want this change to be permanent!!!

Here's a new picture with my new boots for the New Year and the New Me!

Have a great day, everyone!
Great new picture!

Quote:
I have to share a story. My mom and I have been on IP since the end of April. My mom has been overweight all her life and she has lost almost 60 pounds and looks amazing! I get pretty teary at times when I look at her because I have NEVER seen her like this. She is in size Med tops and size 12 pants (loose.) Well, my daughter and I went shopping with her because she needs a new coat. She would try on coat after coat and my 8 year old daughter would say yay or nay. 1 particular coat was a bright teal and lime green slim-fitting coat. My daughter looked at her and said, "Grandma, you look like.... a kid...at the high school." I laughed and so did my mom but that was her way of saying she looked so small. I am so so so thankful my mom and I found IP. She tells everyone she couldn't have done it without me and my information from "that website you always visit." I have to thank all of you! Your recipes, support, advice... I am happy for me but to see my mom happy, healthy and SKINNY... WOW. (emotional today.)
Wonderful story. I wish my mom would take the plunge too. She keeps saying my success makes her want to lose some too but she continues down the same path. At least I know I shouldn't push because everyone else to come to it in their own time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Argh! I haven't had a WI since 12/24 due to vacation. My coach just contacted me and needs to change it. I have a choice of going in later tomorrow or waiting til Thurs to do a first thing in the morning...<sigh>...in the big scheme of things this will not matter at all. I'll wait til Thursday.

Been catching up on some things. Gotta get the wii fit hooked up yet...At least I can weigh on THAT until Thurs...
I know how you feel. I missed two from vacation and then one when I was sick. But the great part is that I know I'm going to have a fabulous WI once I finally get there!
Old 01-06-2013, 09:33 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
You can do it Monica! We are the same height and 150 is pretty great! You have done so well and proven that YOU HAVE GOT THIS!

Thanks for the congrats. My mom is in her late 50's and now having the time of her life. IP is great!
I cannot even imagine being as little as you look!! But it would be great

Last edited by MonicaKolesnik; 01-06-2013 at 09:34 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:00 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
NSV -- okay, it doesn't sound much of a victory but I had a "restricted-free day". For me that's big because those bars have become my new addiction. Even when I went off IP for a bit, the bars did not leave my diet! LOL

When this is all over, I may need a "12 step program" for my Pure Protein bars!
I call them Pure Evil bars for a reason....

Settling in with an ice water to watch The Biggest Loser!!! I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! Soooo inspiring!!!
Old 01-06-2013, 10:09 PM   #43  

Quote:
I call them Pure Evil bars for a reason....

Settling in with an ice water to watch The Biggest Loser!!! I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! Soooo inspiring!!!
Me too! Love Jillian but, BOB IS HOT!
Old 01-06-2013, 10:17 PM   #44  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Me too! Love Jillian but, BOB IS HOT!
I can't watch it anymore. I feel so bad for those that get voted off
I hear this season though there are kids that won't get kicked off part way through so maybe that would be more encouraging to watch.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:23 PM   #45  

I would love to spend at least 1 day with Bob or Jillian. I have a personal trainer friend who has met Bob and said he is brilliant. (sigh) I agree that it is hard to see some of them go but think of all they have learned.
Closed Thread