Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 01:58 PM   #61  
IP attempt #2

S/C/G: 213/213/140

Height: 5'1

I am totally enjoying some IP rotini right now. It's my first time and I was bracing myself for the worst. I threw a sliced zucchini in the water the last 3 minutes of boiling the rotini. I had some wf garlic and herb pasta sauce in the pantry so I added that after I drained the rotini and zucchini. The sauce is thin, but it has a good flavor. It's not bad at all! It will be a fantastic lunch when I go back to work on Monday! I am so excited!
Old 01-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Good Afternoon all!! I am off to work so I only have a few....

Going out to eat was a success last night. My size 22 pants are now way too big and a pair, even though they were 20's never fit because of the style, are now super comfy and a bit loose in the legs.

What's this I hear about no one Choco Soy Puffs?? Are you kidding?? I know the PB ones are going and I have stocked up, but the choco??? Doesn't make sense and hopefully not true.

I have a ?? about the salt, the one I bought at the clinic is gone. My husband bought sea salt from the grocery store. Am I supposed to be looking for a specific lind of seas salt at the store???

I am still cooking two meals for me and my family. My daughter loves roasted and mashed cauliflower, sometimes asparagus and rutabaga. My husband says he likes these things but usually "forgets" to eat them if there are carbs around. I refuse to cook as much as I was when I started which is forcing them to eat leftovers.

A1Texan I have been keeping a container of fresh squeezed lime juice in my fridge to take the edge off water when I am not working. I have no problem drinking more than I need at work. I just add a bit to the bottle and it tastes so much better!!
Old 01-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #63  
IP attempt #2

S/C/G: 213/213/140

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post

Going out to eat was a success last night. My size 22 pants are now way too big and a pair, even though they were 20's never fit because of the style, are now super comfy and a bit loose in the legs.

What's this I hear about no one Choco Soy Puffs?? Are you kidding?? I know the PB ones are going and I have stocked up, but the choco??? Doesn't make sense and hopefully not true.

I have a ?? about the salt, the one I bought at the clinic is gone. My husband bought sea salt from the grocery store. Am I supposed to be looking for a specific lind of seas salt at the store???

I am still cooking two meals for me and my family. My daughter loves roasted and mashed cauliflower, sometimes asparagus and rutabaga. My husband says he likes these things but usually "forgets" to eat them if there are carbs around. I refuse to cook as much as I was when I started which is forcing them to eat leftovers.

A1Texan I have been keeping a container of fresh squeezed lime juice in my fridge to take the edge off water when I am not working. I have no problem drinking more than I need at work. I just add a bit to the bottle and it tastes so much better!!

My coach said peanut butter soy puffs...she didn't mention the chocolate ones. But then again, she didn't have any on the shelves and she usually does.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:25 PM   #64  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBoBanna View Post
My boyfriend doesn't mind eating like this either. He'll eat pretty much anything I put in front of him LOL. I do like buying individual cups of wild grain rice, or potatoes, or pita bread. If I'm eating light, I'll heat one up for him to go along with the meat and veggies. And I stock the fridge with tuna, hummus, egg salad for him. He will eat anything on a cracker or pita bread.

That reminds me, not for those in P1 but maybe those who are maintaining. My grocery store sells some GREAT wraps by Cedar's that are only 5 net carbs. I use them for everything and they have a great texture. I like stuffing it with chicken or ham salad, lettuce, and onions. Or peanut butter and fried in a pan. Or a quesadilla with homemade salsa.
thanks for the info! My husband isn't doing IP but cutting his carbs and I think this would be great for his lunches. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxTigers82 View Post
I am totally enjoying some IP rotini right now. It's my first time and I was bracing myself for the worst. I threw a sliced zucchini in the water the last 3 minutes of boiling the rotini. I had some wf garlic and herb pasta sauce in the pantry so I added that after I drained the rotini and zucchini. The sauce is thin, but it has a good flavor. It's not bad at all! It will be a fantastic lunch when I go back to work on Monday! I am so excited!
ME TOO!!!! I just tried it for the 1st time today and LOVE it! I cooled mine after cooking, added about 2 cups diced peppers, celery, broccoli and zucchini, evoo, vin, sea salt and Mrs. Dash. It was a very tasty pasta salad! Definitely going to be a regular lunch for me. On work days I may add a couple ounces of diced chicken.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:32 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 190/165.5/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm from Louisiana too and don't mind missing king cakes this season as long as I"m swimsuit ready by summer! lol

I took my son shopping at Sams with me this morning. stocked up on veggies and meat for the week. He was hungry and I bought him a slice of pizza and I sat with him while he ate and ............wait for it............drank water!! not even a giant diet coke! Then I had me vegetable chili (IP) and salad when I got home. Definitely a first.

And I liked the veggie chili with a generous docotoring of Crystal Hot Sauce. Pretty good and very filling.
Have a great weekend.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:38 PM   #66  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I have noticed that there are a few new peeps from the La area, I will be hosting a Meet and Greet on Feb 16th in Ocean springs Ms at my clinic if anyone is interested send me a message
Old 01-05-2013, 03:27 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Height: 5'4"

I finally had an IP food dream. I dreamt that I was eating cupcakes from large trays. I would take the tiniest bite and then put the cupcake back stating "it's not worth the calories". I wasn't mad at myself for nibbling the cupcakes because I knew the dream wasn't real. If I would have tasted them I wouldn't have put the cupcake back; I would have put it on my husband's plate for him to finish. LOL even in my dream I knew that is what I would really do!!
Old 01-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogacoffeelady View Post
I took my son shopping at Sams with me this morning. stocked up on veggies and meat for the week. He was hungry and I bought him a slice of pizza and I sat with him while he ate and ............wait for it............drank water!! not even a giant diet coke! Then I had me vegetable chili (IP) and salad when I got home. Definitely a first.
Wow! That's awesome! I missed my Diet Coke the most at the beginning, but it's not even a thought anymore. Good for you for having water while watching someone eating pizza. My daughter had pizza at her birthday party, and I think that was the hardest temptation for me to resist so far.

Quote:
I LOVE the rotini, and that sounds like a fantastic way to have it, with the zucchini. I usually use up my tomato allocation on the rotini, but I will definetely try the zucchini. And so handy to ccok it right in the same water! Thanks for the tip.

Having a great day. Spent the morning doing a bottle drive with the kids for their figure skating club, then took some pictures with my new camera while the girls were skating with friends on the lake in front of our house. Then friends are coming over for dinner (and I will stay 100% OP).

Have a great evening everyone!
Old 01-05-2013, 07:21 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:
My coach said peanut butter soy puffs...she didn't mention the chocolate ones. But then again, she didn't have any on the shelves and she usually does.
HA HA nice way to over react, huh???? I may buy another box of the PB puffs before I can't anymore. I would love to try them with the choco puffs.
Funny thing is, I don't really like PB but I love those puffs!

I tried that garlic herb sauce and had to throw it out. I was so hoping to love it but no.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 255/196/180

Quote:

Great news on your NSV! I have found the pink sea salt labeled "Real Salt" at our Hannaford. Pretty sure those are in Mass?? I have also seen an industrial bag of it at a local food co-op, five pounds or so
Old 01-05-2013, 07:42 PM   #71  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Had a chance to read back a bit, love hearing the NSVs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
Thanks for the info. Can you share more background re: using them sparingly? What's in them that should be avoided? Also, what about Butter Buds? I've been wondering whether they're okay to use in moderation.
"Sparingly" just means to follow the serving size, and be very mindful of how many servings of that and all other 0 carb extras you use every day
(WF products, sweetener, drink flavoring, etc.) By law, a product can be labeled 0 carbs but still have less than 1 carb in a serving, so those partial carbs add up quick if you use too many in a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmmommy2 View Post

What's really been on my mind lately is related to eating as a family. One of my biggest realizations is how carb heavy our eating has become. I am the only in my family so far to have problems with this eating style. My hubby and kids (5 and 3) are stick thin. The question I'm struggling with is do I overhaul eating for everyone or just myself? Do my kids need a diet high in protein and low in carbs? I'm worried I'm setting them up for issues later on. Has anyone else thought about this?
Remember that Phase 1 is not forever. And if you are being careful about WHAT you are serving (fresh fruits & veg, whole grains, easy on the fats and processed foods), you're doing the right thing for all of you. While I'm on Phase 1, I feed them the same thing I eat, but I might make a rice side or something along those lines for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post

I have a question...Has anyone used the "Cents*able" products? I tried to do a search of the threads but I found one person asked the question and received no answers. I am interested in saving $$ but I am having so much success that I am leary of changing anything!
The "Cents*able" diet plan is just Ideal Protein with the same alternative products that those of us on alternatives use. He just bundles the products and sells it as a different plan. Its a huge gimmick.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:07 PM   #72  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBoBanna View Post
A MERMAID TAIL?!

I swear, that must be every girl's dream. I remember flopping around in the pool with my feet together, pretending to be a mermaid.

And that was just last summer!!
She had fun with it. She even let her brother and sister try it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmyway1014 View Post
I have to share my NSV:

I have a long sleeve shirt that was a gift when my oldest son was born - he will be 15 in 2 weeks. It has never fit on my body but every year I fold it up and put it away with my winter clothes in the spring and every winter I take it out and hang it up in my closet where it hangs sadly as a reminder to me that I am too big to wear it until it is time to pack it up again. (I have done this 15 times - kinda pathetic when I think about it)

Well - I got a pair of earrings for xmas that are a perfect match for the shirt and just for fun I thought I'd try that shirt on today. It fits!! - it isn't even tight and I'm gonna wear it for the first time.

today is gonna be a good day!

Thanks for all the support you all give here - each and every day - it is really helping make this IP journey easier.

Have a great weekend all!
Well you made me tear up. That is one of the best NSV's I've ever heard. You Rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Hey IPeeps - had a great time last night at The Cotton Bowl! My Cotton Pickin' Ags did a good whoopin on them sooners! As I said, I considered it a cheat night and had some stadium food, which was promptly returned later that night with a case of food poisoning!

As far as the family cooking - I make the same dinner for my husband and 2-year old, sometimes a carb is thrown in if appropriate. My hubby is a lean, fit, healthy person - he really does watch what he eats & works out regularly, and his whole family is also health conscious (and tall, slim, & healthy!). I remember one time my mom made a comment on it being 'genetics' and I had to remind her how my mother-in-law & hubby orders their food (chicken salads, dressing on the side, no cheese, etc) and religiously work out - it's easy to write it off without actually seeing the real habits behind thin, healthy people. I definitely see how my hubby grew up and his healthy relationship to food and want to make sure my son has a healthy diet. He LOVES his veggies - he chose his steamed broccoli over mac & cheese out at dinner with the in-laws - I was so proud!
Ahh that's a small price to pay, your boys won! Hope you feel better soon.

A few NSV's I bought a new pair of sweat pant shorts today. They are what I use for PJ's and just hanging around the house. They're size XL. Something I've not worn in a long time. I need to get rid if my others they are HUGE and falling off my as a I walk around.

Oh and Baked Cookies last night! So much easier and more enjoyable 154#'s lighter.

Last edited by usmcvet; 01-05-2013 at 08:08 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:13 PM   #73  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Vet - so glad to see you can still work magic in the kitchen....LOL

Quote:

You can pretty much use any salt product, I prefer sea salt or kosher salt just because I like the flavor better. I've used kosher salt instead of table salt in my cooking for a long time. I just buy whatever the store has

I haven't had much luck with the kids and new veggies, but I made some rutabaga fries at my MIL's house a few weeks ago when we were there for dinner - and both my brother in law and his wife almost ate all of my fries!! I saved a cup of them but had to make some emergency frozen broccoli
Old 01-05-2013, 08:23 PM   #74  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

I promised I wouldn't share the pictures
Old 01-05-2013, 08:44 PM   #75  
SEXYBYTHESUMMERTIME

S/C/G: 271/244/170

Height: 5'6

Default Question

I'm new here, so please tell me if this is the wrong place to ask this question. Has anyone tried the lean shakes from GNC and a alternative for IPshakes ?
Closed Thread