Old 12-31-2012, 09:39 PM   #61  
IP attempt #2

S/C/G: 213/213/140

Height: 5'1

I started June 1st with the hope of losing a bunch of weight for my sister's wedding October 5th. I started at 204 and weighed 156 on her wedding day just 4 months later (48 lbs in 4 month). I took a break from the wedding until 3 days ago. I gained some weight back which I expected. I am only +2 from my first ending weight, and I am hoping to lose about 35 more pounds by May. I would love to be bathing suit ready for our beach vacation in June.

I am in San Antonio, TX, but I am originally from New Orleans. I went to LSU (geaux tigers!!) and really miss my Louisiana!
GeauxTigers82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:01 PM   #62  
Started IP: Nov. 2, 2012

S/C/G: 326/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8''

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, but I started IP on November 2nd. I have lost 37lbs. so far and have about 80lbs. to go (don't have a set goal yet). The only problem with the diet I've encountered so far is with the potassium supplement. Other than that, I love this diet; it's the only one that has worked with my thyroid problem and I feel great!

Happy New Years all!
Tziri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

I am Cindy and live in Montana...54 years old, life time dieter! College Professor
I started IP in June of 2012 during my summer break. I was extremely nervous about it...I think because I had gone up and down since I was 13 years old. Now I wonder why I was so nervous

I love IP. It works. I lost 30 some pounds over the summer, and went into phases 2, 3 and 4 very successfully. Now I am in reboot, something I planned for the first of the year, and I have been in phase 1 for five days...my scale says I have lost 5 pounds, which is more than my very first week last June.

My advice to newbies:

Use this forum. This was the key to my success. I have made wonderful friends here, and they support me as I support them

No excuses or complaining about how hard it is. Get into the 100% forum and stay 100% no excuses. It is not hard at all, and if it is some days, well, tough. You can do hard things (dammit!)

Check out the amazing recipies. Three threads---the IP recipies, Rainbow Smiles and LizR's threads are amazing. Have fun with veggies, and make your veggies your main dish. THAT worked very well for me.

Good luck everyone, although I don't believe in luck. We make our own success, so maybe I should say success to all!
Delgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:39 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 255/196/180

Hi All! My name is Meg, I'm starting IP tomorrow January 2nd! Very exited for this New Year's resolution to be the one that sticks!
mquinn106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:05 PM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
No excuses or complaining about how hard it is. Get into the 100% forum and stay 100% no excuses. It is not hard at all, and if it is some days, well, tough. You can do hard things (dammit!)
THIS!

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-01-2013 at 12:06 PM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:37 PM   #66  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

Hi, my name is Becky and I live in Wisconsin. I started this diet in April and 8 months later I met my goal and lost over 100 lbs. My incentive was my son's wedding in September which was great to be thinner for! Six weeks into the diet my 53 year old brother had a heart attack (he's doing well) which runs in our family. So that is my motivation for keeping it off or I'll be going down the same path. I am on phase 2 right now and a little nervous for the next two phases but with the help of this forum I can do it.

I can't say enough about this forum. It has helped me more than anything. My coach is great but this is where I get my questions answered and the motivation to keep going. I don't post alot but I read it all the time. So newbies, stick with it and come here often. This was the easiest and last diet I will ever do with reboots I'm sure!

Happy New Year!

P.S. Click on my name to see my before and after.

Last edited by Beck81; 01-01-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Beck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:12 PM   #67  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Hi
My name is Carol, I started IP on 2/16/12, by the end of June I had lost 60 pounds. (10 pounds from my goal). Early July I had bad news and fell into a depression. I turned to food as I had in the past and I gained weight as I had in the past. I have been back OP for almost a week now and I feel better, (at least about my self control & my weight). I am going to do my best to stay OP 100%, get to goal and phase off properly. The bottom line is this plan works IF you work it.

I hear allot on this forum about no cheating, no excuses. well, in my opinion if you find yourself in a bad way and you do fall back into your old ways, please forgive yourselves and get back in the game.. It is so hard to forgive yourself and start again but it can be done. PLEASE don't let shame or guilt keep you from succeeding.... After all We are only human.
Cadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:09 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 220 / ticker / 140

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Everyone...and thanks for all the nice welcomes.
I started IP on 11/30 and so far am down 19 lbs. I can honestly say this is the only diet I have ever stayed on 100% through the month of December. It has me so encouraged for the rest of my journey.
I had waited years to take my whole family with us to Mexico over Thanksgiving and this year we were finally able to do it. However, I was so miserable in my own skin, it affected everything I did while we were there. I didn't want to go to the pool, the beach, the zipline etc. And I felt like everyone was looking at me the whole week! So...my sister told me about IP and how successful her friends had been on it and I started the week I got home. I've made it through a trip to Vegas, several Christmas parties and cooking for the family over the holiday. I feel like I can do this!! I come here when I need extra support. Here's to all of us making our weight loss dreams come true!!
WyoGirl82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:05 PM   #69  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

Hi, I'm Alison and I live in Virginia. I started IP on August 31 and I have lost 60 pounds. I have gained and lost weight many times, but this is so painless, I know I can stick with it. I have had huge health benefits from this - I used to take both short acting and long acting insulin (and a lot of it) to manage my diabetes, and now I am completely off all diabetic medication. My blood pressure medication has been reduced by 75% and the diuretic part of it gone completely. So I have to say, this diet is a real lifesaver! Good luck to you all! We can get through this together!!!
AlisonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:45 PM   #70  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post

I hear allot on this forum about no cheating, no excuses. well, in my opinion if you find yourself in a bad way and you do fall back into your old ways, please forgive yourselves and get back in the game.. It is so hard to forgive yourself and start again but it can be done. PLEASE don't let shame or guilt keep you from succeeding.... After all We are only human.
This.... There is much talk about no cheating and staying 100% on this forum. That being said, when a person falls off, we understand that we are all human and we have all been there. Forgiving yourself and getting back on the program is what we all want for anyone who fell off. We're hard enough on ourselves as it is.

And this is one inspirational thread.
Starshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:59 PM   #71  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

No matter if you have fallen off of the wagon or just getting started, it doesn't matter.....YOU GETTING STARTED IS THE BEGINNING.....THAT IS THE FIRST STEP!!!.....New year.....new goals....NEW YOU....we ALL can do this!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:16 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Re-Starting IP today 1/1/13

Hi All, I'm getting re-started on the program today. I was on from Nov. 2011 to May 2012 and lost 50 lbs. Didn't phase off properly, went back to my old habits, and have gained back 25 lbs. I am so ashamed,but back to try again.
Slimknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:16 PM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
This.... There is much talk about no cheating and staying 100% on this forum. That being said, when a person falls off, we understand that we are all human and we have all been there. Forgiving yourself and getting back on the program is what we all want for anyone who fell off. We're hard enough on ourselves as it is.

And this is one inspirational thread.
We are DEFINITELY all hard enough on ourselves as it is.
How do you all think we all got here in the first place? Not eating right! If we could have done it right without help, we wouldn't be here at all! We "get" that we are not failures just because we sometimes fail.
A friend of mine once said, "If I fall on the ice in December, I don't wait until April when it thaws to get up. I get up, brush myself off, and move on. But I learn what to do so I won't keep falling."
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #74  

Hi All!

Brunette here! I have bought all my food items and the EAS RTD shakes at Sam's club. I'm ready to start. I think 2013 will be a good year for us. I also want to thank all the ladies on this forum! Everyone is so nice and very helpful. Some of the before and after pictures are amazing! BTW I'm from Maryland! Happy New Year everyone!

Brunette

Last edited by brunette8706; 01-01-2013 at 10:24 PM.
brunette8706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:22 PM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
No matter if you have fallen off of the wagon or just getting started, it doesn't matter.....YOU GETTING STARTED IS THE BEGINNING.....THAT IS THE FIRST STEP!!!.....New year.....new goals....NEW YOU....we ALL can do this!
Well said Wuv!!! we need to support and encourage each other. Of course we are going to have times when something doesn't go right but this is what this forum is all about. Supporting each other!
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote