Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 08:35 PM   #166  

I've been missing everyone like crazy!!!!
Old 11-22-2012, 10:33 PM   #167  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Glad to see you're still hanging in there, Mompattie. Chat when you catch your breath.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:34 PM   #168  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Home now from Thanksgiving. It went well and I ate the veggies that I brought + turkey. Felt full after the turkey, though. Brought roasted asparagus for everyone and mashed cauliflower for me. Also ate salad. For dessert I brought an IP Double Chocolate Bar and cut it into squares while everyone else had brownies. All in all, a good time. Glad it's over, though.

Here's a picture of the Turkey Veggie tray that I brought. Thanks, Liz32 for the idea! Oh, some of it was eaten by the time I took the photo!

Hi Mompattie! Good to see you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg veggie turkey copy.jpg (34.4 KB, 39 views)

Last edited by joysh; 11-22-2012 at 10:35 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:17 AM   #169  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Feeling a bit emotional today. I've mentioned before about my mom (& her sister) - they both had weight loss surgery and both gained most of it back. One of the reasons I am so committed to this new lifestyle is seeing how much trouble she had/has. She nearly died from the post-surgery complications - one of her stitches gave way & she was leaking bile that wasn't caught until it was nearly too late. And she can never 'eat normally' with her new insides, yet she still 'forgets' and ALWAYS ends up having to lie down feeling sick because she ate too much, too fast...this is EVERY meal.

I was hoping to set a good example. I love her - but she definitely has issues with her weight/eating, and I have very crisp memories growing up and having them taken out on me. I still grew up with a good self image, but honestly I credit that with my father, he always praised and built me up, and I recognized early on that her issues were HERS and pretty much blocked out a lot of it. Several times she has commented that she wants to 'eat like me', yet every time we are together all she wants to do is go out to eat. Then when I order my healthy options, 'Oh, I'll order that next time', and she whoofs down her meal & "feels like throwing up" again.

So - digressing....one of her friends is having marital problems and we recently saw them in San Antonio and she was remarking to my mom on my transformation and asking what I did, etc. My mom apparently told her to "just go out and get the Lapband and your problems will be solved, that diet is too hard." I asked her to explain and apparently she meant either A) her husband will find her appealing again or B) she will get divorced and other men will find her appealing. I didn't press the issue of how surgery ISN'T the answer to her all her problems, particularly to her marital problems. But I did point out that it's not surgery that keeps the weight off, it's healthy choices - I didn't shine the light on her though. My best continuing argument is going to be successful maintenance.

I guess I just feel a little down because after all my work and progress - she still sees surgery as the 'fix' and basically brushed off IP away from her friend. Oh, and TOM is coming soon...lol, hello emotions!
Liz your post is exactly one of the reasons why I am doing this. To be healthy.
My BIL died of a heart attack nearly three years ago, he was 40. A smoker, in great shape, had 6 pack abs at time of death. Sister has been obese for a while. She practically turned obese because of the mean comments she had to endure growing up.

I have tried so hard to get her to get on this journey, does not have to be IP just anything, but have learned the hard way to wait till she asks me for help. I pray every day I can inspire her to get healthy.

Our weight does not just affect our health, it affects our moods, our interactions with others, our marital relations, our success in life.

I pray that all our loved ones I inspired by someone and they also embrace life and get healthy and take care of their bodies.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:53 AM   #170  

S/C/G: 155/111/115

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyainva View Post

Our weight does not just affect our health, it affects our moods, our interactions with others, our marital relations, our success in life.

I pray that all our loved ones I inspired by someone and they also embrace life and get healthy and take care of their bodies.
This is sooo true! I hope your sister can learn this soon!
Old 11-23-2012, 08:50 PM   #171  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
I've been missing everyone like crazy!!!!
Miss you woman!!

Hooray to everyone for surviving the holiday! One down, one to go before we are in the NEW YEAR with NEW US! Even if you won't be at goal at the new year, you WILL NOT be the same as you were when you started IP! That's what I'll be toasting at midnight on new year's
Old 11-23-2012, 09:11 PM   #172  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

It is great to hear that everyone had a great day with family yesterday. I didn't mean to be such a party pooper earlier, sometimes just have to vent it out though. I am proud to be a part of this group of folks who have found the strength and courage to take this step towards a healthy lifestyle with the encouragement and support to help each other!

I had a great meal yesterday, and was able to get in an 8-mile run with my group before I started the cooking. I am actually meeting up with a few folks tomorrow morning for a 12-mile run to help burn off some of these leftovers!

Allright - my computer time is over for now - I can hear my folks entertaining my little guy...momma is back on duty! Have a great night everyone!
Old 11-24-2012, 08:38 AM   #173  
IP Start: 8/15/12

S/C/G: 286/217/158

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone! I've barely had a chance to lurk lately, but know I need a dose of IP love and to check in with my peeps! Sounds like a everyone had a nice OP Thanksgiving - love it, and the determination we all have on this journey!

Down another 2 lbs this week. I reviewed my bloodwork results with my coach, and she didn't see anything she was concerned about. My iron was low (it always is), and my protein count was low which surprised me because I'm eating more now than ever. My coach said her protein count is typically low as well, and she's not worried about it.

I spent Thursday at home, getting my holiday decorations put up outside, and surfing the web for BF deals, and Friday early morning hitting the sales in-store. My holiday shopping is nearly complete. Then yesterday evening had a mini-Thanksgiving meal with my family, and made turkey, mashed cauli, and sweet fauxtato pie. Today, the plan is to cut a Christmas tree. I'm not ready for it, but the weather is agreeable. 'Tis the season!

Liz - I'm sad for your mother. It sounds like she's really not too concerned about her health, but agree with others that there is more going on there. The mind has so much to with it, and from my personal experience, I liken it to addiction/dependency to carbs and that gluttonous state it puts you in. I've been a non-smoker for 11 years now, but to get to that point I had to get totally fed up with the mind games I played with myself with trying to quit. It took me a few years, and several failed attempts to know that I can't be a social smoker. I still crave one once in awhile, not know I can never "go there" again. I'm making the connection to the fact that my father is an alcoholic, and my own compulsive tendencies are likely hereditary. I'm not an alcoholic, but definitely was a binge drinker for many years before I had my kids. Sorry if I'm rambling, but my point is, many of us have mental road blocks we have to figure out how to circumvent to be successful in our long-term goals. And diet is particularly hard because you can't just quit it altogether like everything else. The bad stuff is fast, cheap, and easy (and they taste too darn good), and the nutritious foods that we need are more of an effort to prepare and require planning ahead. It's work, but when it becomes your lifestyle, it's not difficult.

I know with IP, I've been able to get all the carb crud out of my system, and able to enjoy healthy foods without the cravings for more crud, and for that I'm am eternally grateful. I got emotional with my coach this week discussing this topic.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Last edited by stargirl66; 11-24-2012 at 08:43 AM.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:29 AM   #174  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

I love IP and Onederland!
Old 11-24-2012, 10:32 AM   #175  

ONDERLAND TRIPMAMA!!!!!! awesome work girl!!!!
Old 11-24-2012, 10:45 AM   #176  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
ONDERLAND TRIPMAMA!!!!!! awesome work girl!!!!
Thanks glad to see you are still working the IP!
Old 11-24-2012, 10:58 AM   #177  
IP Start: 8/15/12

S/C/G: 286/217/158

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripmama View Post
I love IP and Onederland!
Wow, that's amazing!!! Look how close you are to goal now!
Old 11-24-2012, 11:57 AM   #178  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Trip mamma - what a trip! Congrats!
Old 11-24-2012, 02:42 PM   #179  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Looks like we have had a great week even with the holiday!....time to stay focused and staying strong through the next one. I have been cleaning my room, getting it back in order since I moved back here with my son. I hadn't had the time to get it back to "MY" room. I had a good Thanksgivng IF they wouldn't of argued....I had my ear phones on most of the day cuz I didn't wanna hear it but I did have a visitor that afternoon that got me in better spirits.....LONG time friend, we had a great afternoon, we got a date Next friday to go see Steel Magnolia I am excited about that!
Old 11-24-2012, 03:45 PM   #180  

Tripmama!!!! WOW!!!!!!CONGRATS!!!!!!!
Closed Thread