Old 10-28-2012, 09:52 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
I usually have a "big mouth" in general, so my "advice" here is just from experience --no offence intended - I just want to say that the world is not on this journey with you, so everyone else may NOT understand your "lack of filter" and you may really hurt some people or tick someone off, and they may not even know what you're going through right now. If you feel like a bully, or that you said a bit too much, would it hurt to go back today and apologize -- not changing your opinion -- but for how you expressed your opinion? People accept PMS as some reason for being crabby etc.-- hormonal issues are legit. If you say you're not yourself these days and apologize what can that hurt (other than a bit o' pride I guess). What's the old expression? Something about attracting more bees with honey than with vinegar or something like that? Keep your words sweet, for one day you may have to eat them. (Hey- did I make that one up or is that another "oldie"? It seems pretty good to be my own original thought, but if it is I'll need to start making bumper stickers! LOL)
Love it!
Rhonduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:46 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

I just downed a whole pack of chocolate covered soy snacks and I feel gooooooooooooooood! Ummmmmmm mmmmm yeah baby! Yum
Rhonduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:43 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

So I'm wondering if anyone had experienced more anger than usual on this diet? It could be that I'm just under stress, I have become absolutely enraged over really stupid things. I guess it makes sense because it feels like PMS, even though I don't have it... must be hormonal? I'm really an easygoing person but lately feel like I'm FAR from my baseline.

Last edited by djs06; 10-30-2012 at 09:44 AM.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:43 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 175/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

I've always been an emotional person but I noticed the other day that I blow up a lot faster because I feel like people are pushing my buttons. Granted, it could be because Aunt Flow is visiting this week, but normally I'm not that bad.

I don't think I'm depressed, because I'm not one of those lay in bed all day kind of people and do nothing when I have nothing else to do. I enjoy getting up and doing things. Especially in the weekday mornings, I'm up and at the gym for an hour. I think we, like most people have said, are used to eating our feelings. We don't have that option anymore, so instead, we should find other hobbies, like scrapbooking, photography, playing outside with the dog or taking the dog on a 30 minute walk. I've heard that exercise isn't recommended (my coach and the guy that talked at the workshop both have said that I can continue my runs) during the first two weeks (sorry, I'm not stopping) but from the mouth of the ever amazing Elle Woods, "Exercise creates endorphins. Endorphins make people happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands."

It's true. I only walked today because my running buddy and I both have knee issues and the cold weather down here is kicking our butts, but after 40 minutes of walking, I felt amazing! A 30 minute walk around your neighborhood or around the local high school track would probably do wonders for the crazy chemicals that our body releases. Hope this helps!

Last edited by IPbeginnerNOLA; 10-30-2012 at 03:44 PM.
IPbeginnerNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:51 AM   #35  

is anyone here on antidepressants and losing weight that the meds caused?
im so frustrated and getting more depressed. i just want to stop taking my meds because no diet works while im on them
(yes im OP, its not the diet, its the medicine)

Last edited by southern; 10-31-2012 at 12:52 AM.
southern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:57 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 170.4/138.6/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern View Post
is anyone here on antidepressants and losing weight that the meds caused?
im so frustrated and getting more depressed. i just want to stop taking my meds because no diet works while im on them
(yes im OP, its not the diet, its the medicine)
Please don't stop taking your meds without talking to your doctor first. The results could be physically and psychologically disastrous. Trust me.

Talk to your psychiatrist about your concerns. He or she should be willing to work with you to help you find a dosage that doesn't impede weight loss, or a medication that doesn't have the side effect of making you gain/retain weight. There are a lot of meds on the market that don't cause weight gain.

Your ticker is moving in the right direction -- 12 pounds lost! Go you! -- which is something positive to keep in mind when you're down.
lessmeansmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:58 AM   #37  

Thank you less!!
southern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:00 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 170.4/138.6/130

You're welcome!
lessmeansmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:18 PM   #39  
The time is NOW!

S/C/G: 278.6/see ticker/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
I am so happy to have read this post and all the responses. I suffer from GAD with panic and take 10mg of Lexapro everyday. Since starting this diet, I have been so depressed and anxious. In fact, there were even several days where I had to take a xanax because I thought I was going to have a breakdown. Anyways, I just want to throw out there that food is such a ritual in our lives and present for all occasions. Even though I was not a "bad" eater prior to IP, cooking, eating, etc. was such part of my life. I would look forward to coming home each day, preparing dinner with my husband, and eating together.
You can still cook and have an evening ritual - the content of what you cook will change! Be inventive with salads & explore new veggies & new ways to prepare veggies! Rainbow's Mix'n in the Kitchen is one great set of recipes on 3FC, but there are others! My DH is a homebrewer...and we used to have "Happy Hour" dates...now we have "Coffee Hour" dates. Be creative!
Hugs!
-Amy
GemIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:28 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonduz View Post
I just downed a whole pack of chocolate covered soy snacks and I feel gooooooooooooooood! Ummmmmmm mmmmm yeah baby! Yum
"LIKE" I wish there was a like button, lol
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:44 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 248.4/156.8/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GemIAm View Post
Just remember, you are hormonal and going through huge changes...if you feel safe, explain to those around you that you are trying not to "swallow" your feelings, and that you are trying to find a better way to express them - can they be patient with you right now?

Hold tight to loving yourself, and taking care of yourself!

I told my husband one night that part of my weight problem was HIM, because he "couldn't handle" me expressing the full range of my emotions! I think I called him an emotional cripple...so yes, I really DO get it!
God bless you, Gem! Some days I'm just a freakin' basket case. Emotionally fragile is exactly how I explained my current mental state to my husband and to several close friends. With my husband, though, it seems I need to keep reiterating it. It just doesn't "stick". So we had another argument last night with him wondering why I was acting so "different." REALLY? LISTEN TO ME. My emotions are all over the board... the estrogen (and toxins, let's be honest) in my bloodstream is pushing me over the edge! If you love me, suck it up and try to understand! I'm not asking for you to completely get it... you're a guy and you're not personally experiencing a life- and body-changing process. But at least TRY to get it just a little bit... and for pete's sake, don't make it WORSE... and then let me get the support I really need from like-minded folks at sites like this!

For the less close friends, family, and colleagues, I find I just need to turn up my tunes and zip my lip in order to keep from saying things I shouldn't say.
SDChickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:18 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 233/200/160

Height: 5'11"

Lately I've been feeling the same way. I think it may have to do with the fact that we're putting such great changes to our diets.
Amajean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:05 AM   #43  
Restart Apr 8 2013

S/C/G: 218.6/207.6/141

Height: 5'6.5"

Thank goodness for this thread!!! So I am not crazy! I have been struggling with this daily! And irritability! And my family is so accustomed to my being the upbeat, half-full, optimistic one in the family. -And of course, I am faking it for them. But honestly, this forum has been my salvation. There really isn't anyone else I can talk about it much with, but hearing the experiences and insights here, seeing the generosity and success, and knowing this feeling is not permanent is what is getting me through what is now my second week. I get frustrated with the "not feeling good" aspect of this diet but it is a work in progress and I am committed to the good results. Sometimes I post too much, but feeling like I can be useful here, when it is so useful to me, makes me feel better! And more connected to the process and the folks. Anyway, just know, the support is here. -As you have already seen!
libertybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:12 AM   #44  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

The daily emotional stuff did pass for me after a couple of months. I am still unusually emotional when I am PMS'ing.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:52 AM   #45  

For me overall the feelings of depression lessened over the course of a few weeks but it was undeniably one of the lowest points in my life (the first 2-3 weeks). I became much more happier when I saw that I was inching towards my goal and that my choices in food were paying off. It's a drastic change in diet, lifestyle, etc not to mention the storing of estrogen, etc to throw in on top of everything else. It can be horrible so I encourage anyone experiecing higher than normal feelings of depression to hang in there, meditate, journal, come on here, walk, listen to good tunes, whatever to make yourself feel better. Its a long road and I think that its some if it-knowing you HAVE to make changes and accepting that the relationship with food has to be forever changed. I know for me that was an aspect of it as well (thinking I did this to myself, I am mad I did this to myself, I am sad that I have to change and "miss out" as a result". I was all over the place.
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote