Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 12:53 PM   #121  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Hey ya'll, I am ALMOST here....18 more lbs to go..just wanted to stick my head in here real quick, there is another poster having issues with phase 3, if some of y'all could chime in and help her that would be awesome...thanks in advance....Lisa
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-problems.html
Old 10-08-2012, 05:51 PM   #122  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

I had my first WI in maintenance and was down more than a pound! I gained a little more than a pund in Ph3, so I'm back to where I ended ph2. I don't seem to be having the issues with wheat that a lot of you experience. I'm grateful for that because I like bread! I make my own 100% whole wheat bread and I've cut all processed foods and refined sugars out of my diet. That seems to be working for me. I have no cravings, etc.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:45 AM   #123  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Lori: I have gone through the same, needing larger sizes cf clothes..I still have some in the basement. I did get rid of some others the other day.
Lindamom: Hope to see you in two weeks. I did get rid of those clothes, feeling like I can believe in myself. My next project will be the ones lurking in the basement.
I think with time people will stop talking to you about weight. I went through many comments like yours last year at work. This year, no one is commenting on my weight.

WUV2: 18 pounds away from goal..That is fantastic. I am very excited for you. I love your newest picture.

Sewingmomma: I also can handle wheat..I have it once a day..and have no effects.

Last edited by Maile; 10-09-2012 at 08:48 AM.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:52 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

sewingmomma You're very luck (and so is maile)...I do dabble in wheat on my fun day if I don't 'over do it' I won't get the pain but I keep it to only that day. My toast in the morning for regular Ph 4 days is sprouted grain as I just feel 'better' with it.

lindamom et al Reference the clothes question....this is what I did. When I was heavy, I bought clothes to make me feel better about whatever was bothering me. Many times I bought the clothes so I could buy something and well...it fit...I didn't necessarily buy it because I liked it OR that it looked good on me. SO, when I started to pack up my bigger sizes I just put them in the garage for storing (I remember posting about it and wondering what I should do). At goal, I pulled them all out and piled them onto a table, I have pictures of it. VIP was astounded at how many clothes I had...I even had triplicates much less duplicates of clothing...he said "Do you know how much money you've spent???!!!" SO, I found a facebook group in my home town that was specific for selling plus size clothing and started to sell my clothes $4 - $5 at a time. I started to keep track of the money I was making...I've made ALMOST enough to pay entirely for the ring I bought at goal (I did give some really nice stuff to friends). I love the thought that the clothes paid for my goal ring. Just this weekend, I was thinking of thanking the group and leaving it but found some size 24W christmas party dresses in a closet (they almost started a bidding war lol). Just thought I'd share what I did...and made some money back from my original purchase, whatever didn't go when to charity. From 9 garbage bags I've donated 3.

SO! I have some news to share, VIP is on alternatives and he's lost 15 lbs in three weeks. How awesome is that!!! I was happy for him and he shrugged and said "it's just a number" MEN!!! Super cool NSV though - he doesn't snore as much or as loudly! Was NOT expecting THAT, probably should have been hoping for it but didn't expect it.

Hope all you canucks had a wonderful turkey weekend
Old 10-09-2012, 10:48 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 218/120/120 Reboot 185/123/135

Height: 5'3"

Ishbel...I am laughing at what your VIP said about the money spent on all those clothes. I had a pile of too big clothes laying in a pile as I grew out of them and a pile of clothes I would go through as I got smaller. My husband said I had a regular boutique going and shouldn't need to go shopping!! His only comment now is that although he isn't super thrilled at the money I have spent, he couldn't be prouder of me and how good I look. I think it's fabulous that you were able to sell so many of your large sized clothes. Wish I had thought of trying to do that.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:18 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone,

Its been awhile since i posted and only have a few minutes to write. To be honest, the past 2 weeks have been a free for all...i can see that my bad habits have not changed one bit if left to their own devices. I did phase 1 til the wedding a couple weeks ago...tried to do phase 1 last week but since i knew i would be cheating this week-end for thanksgiving and being PMS week..i just could not do it so i figured to try and be reasonable instead of wasting tons of $ on products and go back to phase 1 today, which i知 doing.

I知 back to the weight i was before doing phase 1 for the wedding (weight after vacations) but i知 still 12lbs over goal and almost 20lbs over my lowest. So now its phase 1 til i get there and since there痴 no holidays til Christmas, i知 confident i値l be fine.

One good piece of news though...medicare approved my tummy tuck! Now they only approved for the lower part of the belly so since i need the upper part done too i値l have to pay the difference (as well as for the breast) but its saving me quite a few thousand so i値l take it. I知 quite happy and excited so now i only have to save money for the rest before i get it done...hopefully by next fall.

I see several on reboot and that makes me feel better.

Will try to read the posts and do individual later.

Have a great day!
Old 10-09-2012, 10:18 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Wow
Lots of new threads has us falling behind!
Old 10-10-2012, 07:15 AM   #128  
Maile

Busymom: That is great about Medicare paying for the tummy tuck. I am planning on a lazer resurfacing for my face in the next year, which is not covered. Good luck with the Phase 1.

Ishbel: I wish I had done what you did with clothes. I have spent lots of money over the years buying clothes of varying sizes. I did exactly like you. I bought clothes, not because I liked them, but because I fit them or they supposedly did not make me look fat. LOL.

I am off to see my coach today..It has been 4 months since I have seen her. I am going to weigh in so the National Weight Control Registry can contact her to verify my loss.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:23 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Ishbel- that was an excellent idea with the clothes. Almost saddens me that I didn't make more of an effort with mine but I was so happy to wave farewell. It is very fitting that the proceeds should cover your goal ring!
BusyMom- Phase 4 is a difficult adjustment from the much more structured previous phases. But if there is one thing I can offer from my vantage point... if you're having issues with the free day turning into free days then it may not be the best form of maintenance for you. There are so many old trigger foods that need to be discovered and avoided. When you pinpoint them discard them for they will do you no favours in keeping them around.
Maile- that is such a fantastic reason to be going back to your coach! The laser resurfacing is really supposed to do wonders...

I am 9 pounds above goal but about 14 above where I really like to be. I have given up all sweeteners, sugar free and otherwise. I am using lemon & salt on my salads in lieu of dressing. There is a calmness this time as I am not agitated and 'looking for more'. Really enjoying exercising AND phase 1ing. Had always kept the two mutually exclusive of each other at the recommendation of my first coach. It is much better this way as I feel both diet & exercise are finally in sync.
I have fears about returning to Phase 4 as I know I have to do it differently this time. To sustain losses long term I have to let go of Jekyll & Hyde and be consistent throughout the week. With an aim toward occasional indulgences rather than free for alls. Glad there is the safety net of Phase 1 but I know that my overall consistency in maintenance could save me a lot of drama.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Cap
Make sure not to shortchange yourself in the oil/fat department. The added fat is an important part of phase 1.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:35 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Just popping in to say Hi. I have been hanging out more in the reboot thread since I am technically rebooting and not in P4.

The reboot is going well, still plugging along. I have committed to at least 3 more weeks, seeing how I just ordered a bunch of IP products. I am going to see where I can get to in that time and then start phasing off again and get back into P4 for the holidays.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:52 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Mom2cs- I typically use my oil for saut駟ng- either my cauliflower rice or spinach & peppers. But I did just read an article in regards to using full fat dressing on salad. It said 'DO IT!'. The fat helps the body absorb more of the nutrients in the salad. When I'm done Phase 1 and adding in more calories I'll definitely be going this way...
I do not know what it is about the combo of celery, lemon juice and salt but I am hooked! I love it.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:07 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
I had my first WI in maintenance and was down more than a pound! I gained a little more than a pund in Ph3, so I'm back to where I ended ph2. I don't seem to be having the issues with wheat that a lot of you experience. I'm grateful for that because I like bread! I make my own 100% whole wheat bread and I've cut all processed foods and refined sugars out of my diet. That seems to be working for me. I have no cravings, etc.
Good for you! Nice transition to maintenance.If I could handle wheat bread would have been the first thing I added back. It would make maintenance easier. It is good to see that many people don't have issues with it.

Pat
Old 10-11-2012, 09:46 AM   #134  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Good for you! Nice transition to maintenance.If I could handle wheat bread would have been the first thing I added back. It would make maintenance easier. It is good to see that many people don't have issues with it.

Pat
A lot of folks seem to have problems with wheat. I'm happy that I don't. There are a whole lot of gluten-free breads, etc., that you can make using alternative types of flour -- coconut flour, almond flour, spelt, etc. I never realized that so many people have a gluten/wheat intolerance until recently.

Last edited by SewingMomma; 10-11-2012 at 09:47 AM.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #135  
Maile

Well..I am officially celebrating one year. Last October I weighed 141 at IP. This October I weighed 129. I alsio lost 4 inches in my thighs, 6 inches in my hips and 1 inch in my arm since my last weigh in, 5 months ago. My coaches were very happy.

While I was therre a young guy on IP had lost 67 pound in 3 months. Wow..that was fast.

Cap: I am glad you feel stable and in control on Phase 1. I am saving up money for the lazer!
Closed Thread