Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 09:25 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiefoofoo View Post
Good morning all. Have a great OP day.

I am determined that today isthe day I figure out Phase 2 -(am always STUFFED and seem to be gaining weight.)
You can't gain weight on phase 2.You are still in ketosis. Even stage 3 you cannot gain fat, since it takes 3500 cal to create a lb of fat. I actually lost 5 lbs on phase 2. You will be fine if you stay OP
Old 09-13-2012, 09:36 AM   #17  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Good Morning everyone!
So today was one of those "ah hah!" days for me. I went to get dressed for work and couldn't find a darn thing that fit!!! So I yanked a couple of "old" pairs of slacks from the WAY back of the closet - just to see .... and WOW - they're actually BIG on me! I have to say that my body has really changed dramatically and I just wasn't noticing that much. So, of course I did what every smart woman would do ... I ran into the bedroom naked and looked in the full length mirror (which I haven't done in 2 years!) and jeez ... I'm HOT!!! Sorry, just had to gloat a little
Old 09-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #18  

Good Morning!! Today is my first day on IP and looking forward to many weeks of success. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 09-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 167/129/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
You can't gain weight on phase 2.You are still in ketosis. Even stage 3 you cannot gain fat, since it takes 3500 cal to create a lb of fat. I actually lost 5 lbs on phase 2. You will be fine if you stay OP
Thanks Cindy! Probably digestion, hormones, and maybe eating too much at once so my system isn't clearing out. Makes sense I can't gain fat -which is why we should not sneak peaks at the scale.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:47 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 315/ticker/182

Height: 6'

Good morning everyone,
Day 4 OP and I am feeling so good!
I already notice a difference in how my clothes are fitting and my rings aren't digging into my fingers as much, YEAH!
Old 09-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #21  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyangie View Post
Good Morning everyone!
So today was one of those "ah hah!" days for me. I went to get dressed for work and couldn't find a darn thing that fit!!! So I yanked a couple of "old" pairs of slacks from the WAY back of the closet - just to see .... and WOW - they're actually BIG on me! I have to say that my body has really changed dramatically and I just wasn't noticing that much. So, of course I did what every smart woman would do ... I ran into the bedroom naked and looked in the full length mirror (which I haven't done in 2 years!) and jeez ... I'm HOT!!! Sorry, just had to gloat a little
LOL
Old 09-13-2012, 09:56 AM   #22  
IP Start: 8/17/12

S/C/G: 183/150/150

Happy Thursday!
Weigh in #4 for me and I'm down another 2 LBS. That's a total of 15 LBS in 4 weeks and almost half way to my goal. I'm planning to go with Phase 1 until the end of October and then phase off for the holidays. Then restart Phase 1 in January if I still have more to lose (or if I gain any over the holidays). What do you think IPeeps?
Old 09-13-2012, 10:11 AM   #23  
Restart IP 8/29/12

S/C/G: 191/167/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Good Morning everyone!
Yea! Gloat all you want!
Old 09-13-2012, 10:11 AM   #24  
~Tara~

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvei View Post
Any tips to get through my first week?

Drink your water, make sure you get your salt and oil in.
DON'T CHEAT.
Push through the fatigue and headaches if you get them.
DON'T CHEAT.
Stick with it, the first week can be very hard, but it is worth it and you will feel a lot better once you get through that first week.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:15 AM   #25  
Restart IP 8/29/12

S/C/G: 191/167/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybride2be View Post
GM everyone! Happy Thursday! I was reading on one of the boards recently that if you only eat broccoli or cauliflower that it will slow your weight loss. Is this true?
I haven't heard that. It will be interesting to see replies. There are so many veggies out there that are actually good. I was afraid to try new things, but now I like veggies that I had never even heard of before.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:15 AM   #26  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

So Cut all my hair off last night... 10.5 inches. It is glorious to have my short hair again. I let it grow out because it made my chubby face look chubbier... well since that is going away I figured why not. I call this look my Shirley Temple look.
I attached a photo below.

So today's quote is:

We fail because we don't strike the iron while it's hot. We don't take immediate action toward achieving what we want. We decide to wait until tomorrow, or next week, or even next month.

For many of us getting healthy has been the thing we wait on the most. Now that you are getting healthy is there anything else you are waiting on?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 408293_10152071391695162_2060215375_n.jpg (16.5 KB, 38 views)
Old 09-13-2012, 10:37 AM   #27  

Quote:
Good Morning everyone!
MEE TOO!!! Yesturday was the first day I really noticed a change in my pants. Had to wear a belt this morning --- not just an accessory anymore YAY
Old 09-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbl70 View Post
Happy Thursday!
Weigh in #4 for me and I'm down another 2 LBS. That's a total of 15 LBS in 4 weeks and almost half way to my goal. I'm planning to go with Phase 1 until the end of October and then phase off for the holidays. Then restart Phase 1 in January if I still have more to lose (or if I gain any over the holidays). What do you think IPeeps?
I am doing this as well. We are going on our late honeymoon in December (got married in June) and I want to be able to enjoy margaritas, the beach, the hubby and the sun with no worries
Old 09-13-2012, 10:43 AM   #29  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybride2be View Post
GM everyone! Happy Thursday! I was reading on one of the boards recently that if you only eat broccoli or cauliflower that it will slow your weight loss. Is this true?
I hope not! I eat 2 cups of cauli every night with my dinner. For lunch I have lettuce, spinach & cabbage, so I guess I get a little variety.

My loss has consistently been 2-4 lbs a week since week 3 (first two weeks were 7 lbs and 5 lbs). I'm on week 10 now.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:46 AM   #30  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammabell View Post
I haven't heard that. It will be interesting to see replies. There are so many veggies out there that are actually good. I was afraid to try new things, but now I like veggies that I had never even heard of before.
I've heard this - because I was doing it Both are actually higher carb vegetables. My coach gave a "select" list of veggies to try and stick to, basically asparagus, celery, arugula, spinach, cucumber, zuchinni, bell peppers
Closed Thread