Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 03:41 PM   #61  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
Here's the reality... Eat what's on the sheet and you will loose... don't worry about which veggies are higher in carbs. Just eat what the sheet tells you and it will come off. I eat Spinach 2 times a day every day but some weeks I have lost only a little and some a lot more.... so don't worry.
Does this hold true for Vegetarians though? Our dinner protein sources (excepting eggs) have carbs in them that can add up quickly, so I'm finding that I do have to watch what veggies I eat to make sure the carb count stays okay.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:59 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Veggie carbs

I agree with all of you that say just eat as per the list and don't get concerned unless you stall, then talk to your coach.

Many other diets out there have ranges of calories that you can eat to stay on program. If you always eat to the lower end then you will stall. I use to work for WW 20 years ago and that was what we helped people overcome was that you can eat too little. Last year I was on another program that varies calories in a four week rotation to have a whoosh week.

Keep your body moving by changing what you eat everyday. Variety is good in my opinion.

Have a great day!
Old 09-13-2012, 04:07 PM   #63  
Michele

S/C/G: 240/149/150

Height: 5.5

Today is weigh in ..hoping for a good lose...
Old 09-13-2012, 04:08 PM   #64  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by haddy4 View Post
Today is weigh in ..hoping for a good lose...
Good luck!
Old 09-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #65  
Kwannybaby

S/C/G: 191.2/186.2/125

Height: 5'1

Hello Everyone, how are you all doing?
Reading everyones comments about the first week it was really scary starting i was like how am i going to go through my lectures! even thought on putting a hold on the losing weight until summer. I'm glad i decided to do the diet because I have not had any weakness or any cravings!! and I'm 5 days into the diet... I guess i cant say i lucked out ... I'm really excited for my weight loss journey now!!
Old 09-13-2012, 04:40 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

Height: 5'5

Thank you all so much for the clarification! Broccoli, cauliflower, and asparagus are all of my favorites, that's unfortunate that they are some of the higher carb veggies! I will try to branch out and try some others, and if I do end up stalling I will try switching them out and see if that helps! Thank you all again!
Old 09-13-2012, 05:06 PM   #67  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofl306 View Post

Keep your body moving by changing what you eat everyday. Variety is good in my opinion.
I agree with this. Every week I'm trying to add in a new veggie/recipe to the rotation, and I try to do different ones daily (although there are some staples like spinach too). I'm using this exercise to teach me to keep variety in my meals once I'm in maintenance.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:07 PM   #68  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by repomike View Post
Hey everyone! Starting back on IP fell off due to family loss and a lot of traveling. Gained about 28Lb and ready to start again!!
Welcome back Mike. I'm sorry to hear about your loss, but happy to hear you are back to take care of yourself.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:17 PM   #69  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTots View Post
Good afternoon all. Weigh in wk4 and down 2.5. Nearly 20lbs gone. Roll on the weekend.
Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyRaine View Post
I had my first weigh in last night (2 days early). After only five days OP I lost 5.4 pounds, 5 1/2 inches, and 3.2% BMI. Needless to say I went to sleep pretty happy! Unfortunately I woke up with some pretty yucky allergy/sore throat issues. Thankfully I work at home and am my own boss so I'll be napping this morning. Does anyone know if it's okay to take cold medicines while on phase one? I haven't looked at labels but they taste awfully sweet...
Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbl70 View Post
Happy Thursday!
Weigh in #4 for me and I'm down another 2 LBS. That's a total of 15 LBS in 4 weeks and almost half way to my goal. I'm planning to go with Phase 1 until the end of October and then phase off for the holidays. Then restart Phase 1 in January if I still have more to lose (or if I gain any over the holidays). What do you think IPeeps?
Nice loss!

Quote:
So Cut all my hair off last night... 10.5 inches. It is glorious to have my short hair again. I let it grow out because it made my chubby face look chubbier... well since that is going away I figured why not. I call this look my Shirley Temple look.
I attached a photo below.

So today's quote is:

We fail because we don't strike the iron while it's hot. We don't take immediate action toward achieving what we want. We decide to wait until tomorrow, or next week, or even next month.

For many of us getting healthy has been the thing we wait on the most. Now that you are getting healthy is there anything else you are waiting on?
Like the cut! I am wanting to go short sometime. Still hiding the chubby face and maybe soon I will be brave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donna123somer View Post
hello,im new also my first weigh in i lost 5 1/2 lbs and 1 in. around my thighs,waist,and hips.i hope to be as far as some of you one day.
Nice job!

As far as all the veggie talk, I have pretty good losses and I eat all of the allowed veggies but I always mix it up. I rarely eat the same veggies 2 days in a row other than the low carb ones like spinach, cukes and celery. I make a big salad every day with LOTS of lettuce and the low carb veggies. At night I rotate. Cauliflower, broccoli the next, then low carb zucchini. I think mixing it up helps. My opinion.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:38 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyangie View Post
Good Morning everyone!
So today was one of those "ah hah!" days for me. I went to get dressed for work and couldn't find a darn thing that fit!!! So I yanked a couple of "old" pairs of slacks from the WAY back of the closet - just to see .... and WOW - they're actually BIG on me! I have to say that my body has really changed dramatically and I just wasn't noticing that much. So, of course I did what every smart woman would do ... I ran into the bedroom naked and looked in the full length mirror (which I haven't done in 2 years!) and jeez ... I'm HOT!!! Sorry, just had to gloat a little
That is the coolest feeling ever!
Old 09-13-2012, 06:40 PM   #71  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalFor40 View Post
Drink your water, make sure you get your salt and oil in.
DON'T CHEAT.
Push through the fatigue and headaches if you get them.
DON'T CHEAT.
Stick with it, the first week can be very hard, but it is worth it and you will feel a lot better once you get through that first week.
AND DON'T CHEAT!!
Old 09-13-2012, 06:42 PM   #72  

Quote:
So Cut all my hair off last night... 10.5 inches. It is glorious to have my short hair again. I let it grow out because it made my chubby face look chubbier... well since that is going away I figured why not. I call this look my Shirley Temple look.
I attached a photo below.
You will be adorable no matter what you do!
Old 09-13-2012, 06:44 PM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyangie View Post
I've heard this - because I was doing it Both are actually higher carb vegetables. My coach gave a "select" list of veggies to try and stick to, basically asparagus, celery, arugula, spinach, cucumber, zuchinni, bell peppers
When my losses stalled my coach told me to mix up the veggies, and stressed spinach. I was eating cauliflower too much, and it really did affect my loss (I think). So mostly, don't eat the same thing every day, and eat a lot of spinach. And I always mix my veggies with unlimited lettuce.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:55 PM   #74  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Carbs: Little creatures that live in your closet and sew your clothes a little bit tighter every night.

(edited for the IP crowd).
Old 09-13-2012, 07:16 PM   #75  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

My next true love for IP foods ... the crispy cereal pancake with WF syrup! YUM YUM YUM!!!!
crushed up crispy cereal,
2 egg whites,
pinch of baking powder,
lots of cinnamon,
2 oz water - mix it up and make a pancake!
I'm sure Rainbow has this somewhere but I didn't see it. My coach gave me it and I LOVE it!!!
Closed Thread